Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2014, 07:52   #271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
Were you able to resolve the USB issue? In my i20, for the past week, I had been faced something funny with the steering audio controls with USB stick plugged in the USB slot( USB drive is almost as old as the car).
The issue didn't get reproduced later. I'm using the same old USB stick but now its working fine. I'll keep a tab on it. Most probably its the issue with the USB stick as you have mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
How much did you pay for each tyre?
4.9K per tyre.

Quote:
And ya, no need to change the car if its doing well! And besides there is nothing like an 'upgrade' to another hatch from i20 .The delta improvement that you get is not worth spending nearly 10 big ones on them. That's the main reason for us also to stick to i20 even after 4.5 years.
True. i20 has spoilt me in many departments like reliability, power, trouble free service, premium features, etc. Some of its features puts many cars in the higher segments to shame. It's very difficult to find something within 10 lakhs to really call it as an upgrade from i20.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Congratulations on reaching the 1lac mark. Wishing you many more happy miles ahead.
Fantastic maintenance for a black car to shine like mirror after so much of mile munching.

Ownership reviews like yours keeps proving that Korean crdi mills are reliable and packs a punch even at 100k kms.
Thanks kpzen. Yes, the crdi engine still feels like a new engine even after clocking 1L km. This butter smooth engines gives me a big smile on the face whenever I take it for a spin

Quote:
XM2 is an excellent choice, Michelin has learnt from XM1 and made XM2 rugged as hell. Have taken XM2 to the world's most treacherous road - Kinnaur Spiti loop. Crossing 3-4 landslides and 30 odd water crossings without a single puncture. (Landslide crossing pic below)
Thanks kpzen. These lines gives me tremendous confidence on XM2. Accelers and A-Drives never complained in any of the terrain I have taken them to. I hope the same with XM2s too.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2015, 21:44   #272
Senior - BHPian

re: My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!

The car touched 1,10,000 km last noon. The current odo reading is 1,10,350 km.

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag1574.jpg

Gave it for service at Advaith Hyundai, ORR today. I had no complaints. The service was great as usual. They did one goof up. I was initially surprised to see a bill amounting to 5.5K and was wondering how it turned out so cheap. Later realized that they hadn't replaced engine oil, filter cartridge and fuel filter. My SA had mentioned in the job card not to replace the air filter as K&N filter is installed. The workers misinterpreted it and didn't replace these three things along with the air filter. They asked me to wait for 30 minutes and replaced the above items.

Service details:
1. Brake fluid - 305
2. AC Neutralizer - 1050
3. Consumables - 275
4. Cylinder Assy - Wheel, RH - 481
5. Bulb - 39
6. Engine Oil - 1430
7. Filter Cartridge - 1376
8. Service Kit - Oil Filter - 363
9. Mag Wheel Weights - 101

Labour
1. Wheel balancing - 500
2. Wheel alignment - 580
3. Periodic maintenance Service - 1480
4. Rear brake shoes replacement - 240
5. Caliper pin greasing - 220
6. Filter - Fuel - 176

Tax - 550

Total - Rs.9166

The new Michelin XM2s are performing well. I had taken it to some rough terrains and it performed well without any issues. Got the K&N air filter cleaned last week.

Applied a coat of Ultima Paint Guard Plus:
My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-dsc01218.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-dsc01221.jpg
guyfrmblr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th January 2015, 21:58   #273
Distinguished - BHPian

I see brake fluid in the item list. 2 things -

1.Did you get the brakes bled? If yes , then how is one bottle sufficient?

2.If not, then get it done ASAP. I dont remember if sportz came with ABS or not. Nevertheless, i have got the brake bleeding done twice - At 30K and recently at 60K. It requires approx 750 ml to bleed properly. The old fluid coming out was creamy yellow while the fresh fluid was red.

Bleeding has made a lot of difference in the brake sharpness. One more thing is, the HASS guys will not bleed the brakes completely . They will just allow some fluid to come out then close off the bleed nut. You have to monitor until you see the fresh fluid coming out and only then allow the nut to be closed. This has to be repeated for all 4 wheels. I was charged 130 bucks per wheel as labor. This is because they have to use the GSCAN unit to activate the solenoid valve of ABS to bleed.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2015, 22:14   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I see brake fluid in the item list. 2 things -

1.Did you get the brakes bled? If yes , then how is one bottle sufficient?

2.If not, then get it done ASAP. I dont remember if sportz came with ABS or not. Nevertheless, i have got the brake bleeding done twice - At 30K and recently at 60K. It requires approx 750 ml to bleed properly. The old fluid coming out was creamy yellow while the fresh fluid was red.

Bleeding has made a lot of difference in the brake sharpness. One more thing is, the HASS guys will not bleed the brakes completely . They will just allow some fluid to come out then close off the bleed nut. You have to monitor until you see the fresh fluid coming out and only then allow the nut to be closed. This has to be repeated for all 4 wheels. I was charged 130 bucks per wheel as labor. This is because they have to use the GSCAN unit to activate the solenoid valve of ABS to bleed.
Sagar, I didn't ask for the brake bleeding. They have used only one bottle and have kept that bottle in the boot. The old Sportz model doesn't have ABS. Thanks for the detailed steps. I'll contact my SA and will ask about the bleeding information.
Old 16th January 2015, 22:16   #275
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Sagar, I didn't ask for the brake bleeding. They have used only one bottle and have kept that bottle in the boot. The old Sportz model doesn't have ABS. Thanks for the detailed steps. I'll contact my SA and will ask about the bleeding information.
Brake bleeding is scheduled every 30K kms . If you have not got it done then please get it done ASAP.

For Non ABS, costs will be lesser
Old 16th January 2015, 22:21   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Brake bleeding is scheduled every 30K kms . If you have not got it done then please get it done ASAP.

For Non ABS, costs will be lesser
I just checked the service history in this thread. They have indeed done the brake bleeding at 30K, 60K and 90K km.
Old 16th January 2015, 22:26   #277
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I just checked the service history in this thread. They have indeed done the brake bleeding at 30K, 60K and 90K km.
Yes, just checked. It is done.

125 bucks is a steal for all 4 wheels brake bleeding!
Old 16th January 2015, 22:32   #278
BHPian

Quote:
The old fluid coming out was creamy yellow while the fresh fluid was red.
The old fluid was DOT 4(clear when new, pale yellow when old) while the new fluid is DOT 3(red).

A 250ml DOT 4 TVS Girling bottle costs 90/-.
Old 16th January 2015, 22:39   #279
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by interc00led View Post
The old fluid was DOT 4(clear when new, pale yellow when old) while the new fluid is DOT 3(red).

A 250ml DOT 4 TVS Girling bottle costs 90/-.
In my case the old fluid in the reservoir was pale red. The fluid coming out of bleed valve was pus yellow. The fresh DOT3 brake fluid was bright red.

Yes i was ripped off with respect to Coolant and brake fluid. Would have been cheaper if i got the items from outside.

EDIT: Vinay . I see Rs 305 as brake fluid charges. It is for 1 litre. And if they used just 250ml , you have been wrongly billed.

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 16th January 2015 at 22:41.
Old 16th January 2015, 22:47   #280
BANNED

Quote:
2. AC Neutralizer - 1050
Can i know what is this? Never used this or saw in Maruti's billing.

Quote:
Labour
1. Wheel balancing - 500
2. Wheel alignment - 580
Isn't this on the higher end? Is this what the ASC charges? And what is the price of done outside?

I have been getting wheel alignment and Balancing every 5K kms outside for Rs 550 inclusive of everything.
Old 16th January 2015, 23:12   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
EDIT: Vinay . I see Rs 305 as brake fluid charges. It is for 1 litre. And if they used just 250ml , you have been wrongly billed.
I have to check the bottle tomorrow for the exact details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Can i know what is this? Never used this or saw in Maruti's billing.
That is a foam kind of thing which they spray inside the AC vents to clean them. They have been doing this once in 20K km post 50K.

Quote:
Isn't this on the higher end? Is this what the ASC charges? And what is the price of done outside?

I have been getting wheel alignment and Balancing every 5K kms outside for Rs 550 inclusive of everything.
Yes, it's on the higher side. Most of the good independent balancing centers are located very far from my place and I usually find it difficult to take the car there. So I usually get it done at the ASC.
Old 8th February 2015, 21:49   #282
Senior - BHPian

Mileage is one of the parameter which indicates the health of the car. It was a while since I checked the mileage. So I planned to take the car for a mileage run by connecting the OBD2 BT dongle. The Bosch app gives fairly accurate mileage figures. I have compared this app's mileage figures with that of tank full method and it was almost found matching. I decided to do the mileage run on NICE road early in the morning. I got up early last morning and started at 5 30 AM towards NICE road.

The odometer reading just before the journey:
My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag1772.jpg

After reaching NICE road, I changed my mind to go to Mayura restaurant at Bellur Cross, have breakfast and return to Bangalore. Since it wasn't a long weekend, traffic was very thin at NICE road, Tumkur road elevated highway and NH-48. NH-48 was literally empty.

Empty NH-48:
My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag1664.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag1668.jpg

After having breakfast at Mayura, I decided to go to Channarayapatna and then return. Just when I was about to take a U-Turn at the end of Channarayapatna bypass, I saw the direction board towards Arasikere. I thought why not go to Arasikere. The SH-7 looked inviting and hence took a turn towards Arasikere. The Channarayapatna - Arasikere stretch is in great condition and was at Arasikere within no time.

SH-7 between Channarayapatna - Arasikere:
My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag1672.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag1679.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag1685.jpg

This stretch had minimal traffic and the road was in great condition. There are few speed breakers in and around Gandasi. As soon as I reached Arasikere, I decided to take a U-Turn and come back to Channarayapatna. But another wide road towards left just at the entrance of Arasikere caught my attention. Checked the google maps and found out that it was SH-102 which goes to Hassan. I remembered traversing a small section of SH-102 near Holenarasipura and it was well surfaced. So I decided to try this route and hence took a left towards Hassan. The road was narrow compared to SH-7 but the surface was good.

After a while, I came across this stretch:
My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag1694.jpg

It looked like an endless stretch of gravel. I was skeptical to proceed in this route since I wasn't aware of the road condition. I asked the road conditions with a cyclist. He replied that the bad stretch is only for a km after which the roads are good. I then proceeded towards Haranahalli.

Arasikere - Haranahalli (SH-102):
My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag1696.jpg

Came across this sea of sharp stones and gravel just after crossing Haranahalli:
My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag1697.jpg

Since I'd already come halfway to Hassan, there was no point in going back towards Arasikere. Again caught hold of a cyclist and got to know that it's bad for another 2 km. Crossed this bad stretch and the road again turned smooth.

Haranahalli - Dudda (SH-102):
My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag1702.jpg

The road between Haranahalli - Dudda is good but the quality of the newly laid tar is not that great. There are many potholes in this stretch which just appear out of nowhere. It's a good idea to stick to 60 kmph in this stretch. Reached Dudda and the road condition turned worse. I was already fed up of this stretch and hence decided to take a left towards Shanti Grama instead of continuing towards Hassan. I found out later that it was a good decision.
guyfrmblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2015, 21:54   #283
Senior - BHPian

I inquired with the locals of Dudda about the condition of SH-102 to Shanti Grama. I got an assurance from them that it's in great condition and hence took a left at Dudda. The locals were right. The road ws in great shape all the way until Shanti Grama. It's a bit narrow road but there is absolutely no traffic.

Dudda - Shanti Grama (SH-102):
My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag1704.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag1711.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag1712.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag1713.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag1717.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag1718.jpg

Shanti Grama:
My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag1719.jpg

Since I was very happy with the road conditions between Dudda - Shanti Grama, I decided to continue in this SH towards Holenarasipura instead of taking a left at NH-48 to Channarayapatna. Crossed NH-48 and re-entered SH-102. The road was narrower but well surfaced. I just followed Google maps from here. This road was completely deserted. I didn't find a single soul anywhere. I just checked the google maps after 6-7 km and found out that I was not on SH-102. There was actually no road where the google showed SH-102. The maps in this area are completely messed up.

I continued driving for some distance and came across a Y-fork. This was a tricky situation as both the roads appeared same and I didn't know which fork to take. There was no soul around to ask for the directions. Since I knew the direction of Holenarasipura, I opened the compass app, checked the directions and decided to take the left fork and continued the journey. There were many such forks and I always chose the left fork. After a while I was re-aligned with the Google maps and hence knew that I'm in the right direction. Finally spotted a farmer at a distant field. Walked up to him and asked the directions to Holenarasipura. I was in the right path according to him.
Old 8th February 2015, 22:03   #284
Senior - BHPian

After crossing NH-48 at Shanti Grama:
My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag1721.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag1723.jpg

The road was like this for many kms. I remembered the game - STALKER: Shadow Of Chernobyl. The game had such terrain
My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag1725.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag1727.jpg

Came across this village after sometime:
My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag1726.jpg

And the road joined this well marked road after crossing the village:
My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag1728.jpg

I immediately remembered this road. The surface of the road matched with SH-102 which I had taken to bypass the bad stretch near Holenarasipura few weeks back. So I was indeed in the right direction. I have no idea whether I actually took SH-102 from Shanti Grama or some other village road. I just followed Google maps and it took me in this confusing route. However the road conditions were good.

Beautiful SH-102:
My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag1729.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag1730.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag1731.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag1732.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag1734.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag1736.jpg
Old 8th February 2015, 22:09   #285
Senior - BHPian

Reached the SH-121 turning towards Channarayapatna. The SH-121 is resurfaced. It was already in a mint condition and I don't see any point in resurfacing it. There are many other roads which badly needs resurfacing.

Resurfaced SH-121:
My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag1737.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag1738.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag1741.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag1742.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag1740.jpg

Reached the spot where SH-121 meets SH-7 at Channarayapatna. I was already impressed with the road conditions of SH-7 towards Arasikere and hence an itch began to take a right towards K.R.Pete and continue in SH-7 instead of heading back to Bangalore through NH-48. Scratched the itch and took a right towards K.R.Pete. The roads are in excellent condition but there was a bit of local traffic with frequent speed breakers.

The idea was to take a left at K.R.Pete towards Nagamangala through SH-85. I have been in this route numerous times and it's in great condition. But decided to go straight towards Pandavapura. Reached Pandavapura at 11:30 AM.

Channarayapatna - K.R.Pete - Pandavapura (SH-7):
My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag1744.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag1750.jpg

My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-imag1752.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks