Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2014, 08:29   #241
Distinguished - BHPian

re: My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!

Congrats Vinay! Nice to see your ride hitting 6 digits without any hiccups. Planning for any detailing session? Also, first time I am hearing a private car hitting 1L on the stock clutch.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2014, 09:25   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Congrats Vinay! Nice to see your ride hitting 6 digits without any hiccups. Planning for any detailing session? Also, first time I am hearing a private car hitting 1L on the stock clutch.
Thanks Arun. Yes, planning for a detailing session sometime soon. The Fourstar Ultimate Paint Protection Sealant topped with Poorboys Natty Blue Paste Wax which were applied 2 months back are still going strong . The interiors were a complete mess after visiting my hometown twice in monsoon. So got it cleaned and detailed at 3M yesterday.
Old 3rd October 2014, 09:35   #243
Team-BHP Support

Congrats! But just curios to note (for all guys) who drive so much. In your case, is it mainly the highway that adds the bulk of the miles or its city driving ?

The amount you have done on Western ghats makes me think, it must be the highway. But otherwise so much mile crunching? For me its been 55-60km per day in the city. So it mostly translates to 20-22K per year. If I go by that logic, another 10-12K per year on the highways?
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2014, 09:49   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Congrats! But just curios to note (for all guys) who drive so much. In your case, is it mainly the highway that adds the bulk of the miles or its city driving ?

The amount you have done on Western ghats makes me think, it must be the highway. But otherwise so much mile crunching? For me its been 55-60km per day in the city. So it mostly translates to 20-22K per year. If I go by that logic, another 10-12K per year on the highways?
Thanks Ampere. In my case, bulk of the odometer clicks are from city driving . My daily drive in city is 85 km. This consists of around 60 km in outskirts and 25 km in city limits. The car never sits idle at home during weekends and just a two way trip to city adds around 60 km to the odo since my home is located bit far from the city center. Therefore this roughly adds around 25K km per year.

I travel to Mangalore (my native) at least once in two months and the frequency increases during the season of functions . One trip to Dakshina Kannada at least adds 1000 km to the odo. This combined with frequent drives to other places of Western ghats roughly adds upto 10K km per year.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2014, 10:02   #245
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Thanks Ampere. In my case, bulk of the odometer clicks are from city driving . My daily drive in city is 85 km.
Wow! 85km per day in the city (hopefully the bulk is on highway like conditions viz elevated roads, ORR etc). Its some thing similar for me but at a lower scale. Mine is around 42-43K in 2+ years. (In fact that in itself is way too high for me!)

Two points which I think members need to take away from your experience is:
- Hydundais last well and age well. They are good for highways. One need not shove them off saying bad handling and light steering
- A good driving style translates to no clutch change even till 100K!

All the best for more. I am sure, the car will last more than till your own ownership fatigue creeps in! (I need to thank @condor for that word though! )
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2014, 10:20   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Wow! 85km per day in the city (hopefully the bulk is on highway like conditions viz elevated roads, ORR etc). Its some thing similar for me but at a lower scale. Mine is around 42-43K in 2+ years. (In fact that in itself is way too high for me!)
Yes, the bulk is on national and state highway conditions with less traffic. The last leg of the journey is in the dirty congested Whitefield roads which was once the coolest and peaceful place of Bangalore. Thanks to ITPL and other companies for turning once calm and peaceful area to the present condition.
Old 3rd October 2014, 10:34   #247
BANNED

Quote:
My daily drive in city is 85 km. This consists of around 60 km in outskirts and 25 km in city limits.
Nice to see another BHPian having such a familiar daily driving pattern.

I agree with all that of the driving style is good then Hyundai cars needn't be commented for bad handling etc. Good to hear that your car is still on stock clutch. My Ritz VDi was on stock internals when I sold it.

Seeing your service costs for every service, I don't think that Hyundai's are to costly to maintain if good by the manual.

Congrats once again.

Quote:
I travel to Mangalore (my native) at least once in two months and the frequency increases during the season of functions.
What a coincidence buddy. I am from Mangalore too. We should meet up there if our schedule matches.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2014, 10:51   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Seeing your service costs for every service, I don't think that Hyundai's are to costly to maintain if good by the manual.

Congrats once again.
Thanks Anurag. Yes, it's not that costly to maintain. We need to just refuse all the value added services (!?) which SA tries to push during services. These unnecessary services shoots up the cost of the service.

Quote:
What a coincidence buddy. I am from Mangalore too. We should meet up there if our schedule matches.
That's great. I frequently visit Mangalore. Let me know when you visit there next time. We can meet if the schedule matches .
Old 3rd October 2014, 11:30   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The car has completed 1 lakh km . Serviced at Advaith Hyundai, ORR yesterday. There were no complaints. I mentioned about the issue where the accelerator went dead which I have mentioned in the previous page. The issue happened only once. SA checked for any error codes but didn't find any. He also checked the condition of injectors, fuel lines, etc but didn't find out any issues. He said that bad fuel would have caused the issue.

The service cost breakup:

1. Mag Wheel Weights - 101.30
2. Engine Oil - 1430.11
3. A/C Neutralizer - 950.00
4. Consumables - 175.00
5. Pad Kit - Front Disc Brake - 1640.78
6. Filter Cartridge - 1376.63
7. Service Kit - Oil Filter - 363.71

Total - Rs.10347/-
Congrats for completing the milestone. It motivates me to keep my car for long.

Your service costs are less for a diesel. I see that you do not go for engine flush. Do you avoid getting throttle body cleaning and fuel injector cleaning as well? Asking as I do not see them on the bill.

It is a myth that Hyundai cars do not age well at all.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2014, 11:46   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Congrats for completing the milestone. It motivates me to keep my car for long.

Your service costs are less for a diesel. I see that you do not go for engine flush. Do you avoid getting throttle body cleaning and fuel injector cleaning as well? Asking as I do not see them on the bill.
Thanks PatienceWins. I do get throttle body cleaning and fuel injector cleaning done from them. It's there if you see my earlier service details. What's engine flush? I don't remember anything like that. Engine decarbonizing was done few times. Is it the same?

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 3rd October 2014 at 11:48.
Old 3rd October 2014, 12:00   #251
BANNED

Quote:
What's engine flush? I don't remember anything like that. Engine decarbonizing was done few times. Is it the same?
Engine flush: It is done when the oil is changed from Mineral to synthetic.

Engine Decarbonising: As the names says, removing of the excess carbon deposits from the engine.

Both ain't same buddy.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2014, 12:33   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks PatienceWins. I do get throttle body cleaning and fuel injector cleaning done from them. It's there if you see my earlier service details. What's engine flush? I don't remember anything like that. Engine decarbonizing was done few times. Is it the same?
It is not the same. Engine flush is for flushing off sludge/ deposits from the engine before oil change. It was an optional item initially, now a days they add it as part of service.

Engine decarbonizing is for removing excess carbon from the engine.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 3rd October 2014 at 12:35.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2014, 12:33   #253
BHPian

Quote:
. I do get throttle body cleaning
Throttle body cleaning?AFAIK there is no throttle body cleaning for diesels

Last edited by Eddy : 3rd October 2014 at 13:29. Reason: Fixing the quotes
Old 3rd October 2014, 14:02   #254
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Engine flush: It is done when the oil is changed from Mineral to synthetic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
It was an optional item initially, now a days they add it as part of service.
These days some service stations are doing it to increase the bill and not for any real purpose.
Old 3rd October 2014, 14:07   #255
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
These days some service stations are doing it to increase the bill and not for any real purpose.

You can kindly object to this and get it off the bill to save money.

I 'always' go by the manual and NOT by the SA's will and wish.

Anurag.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks