http://www.carsystems.pl/vw-bluetoot...fit,id213.html
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2012, 09:43   #227
BHPian

Re: VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by locomoco View Post
@Ayedongivadam
hi, have purchased a jetta tsi in goa. Had been following this thread with interest as i knew i would be in a similar situation after my purchase.On checking the carsystems.eu website ,the bluetooth module mentioned by you is not listed.But there is a module 3C8035730C INSTEAD OF 3C803570B recommended by you.
Would like to know your feedback regarding the same before ordering it.
Once again let me thank you and appreciate the excellent work you have been doing for the forum members.
Thanks in advance.
The 'C' at the end stands for a firmware revision of the module. Overall its the same module with support for the Multicolour MFD equipped cars in the VW stable. Go ahead and get it, it will work.

And thanks for your feedback. Appreciate it!
Ayedongivadam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2012, 11:43   #228

@ayedongivadam,@VW 2010
thanks guys for your prompt references.Have spoken to the service incharge at VW goa,forwarded the links to him and am waiting to hear back to him.What was your experience with the service incharges ,are they open to the alteration or they come with the usual gyaan on warranty etc etc.Have not placed a order for the bluetooth unit as of yet.Will wait for his confirmation.
Old 9th October 2012, 12:57   #229
Senior - BHPian

@Locomoco,

In reality they will not know how to install. Instead you can take the printed instruction available in car systems and they will follow the instruction to place the BT module and wiring (and connecting to the rear of the RCD510).

The setting up of BT is nothing but switching on your BT phone and syncing. There is no coding needed and hence it is all about removing your dash, stereo system, pillar covers etc to complete the standard wiring.

There is no cutting of wires and this is no way will void your warranty.

just that the SA and Technicians do not know about this module.
Old 22nd October 2012, 21:42   #230

@VW2010,@AYEDONGIVADAM
hi,will i be able to use the bluetooth module with the RCD 300 plus system in the TSi comfortline.As i see, most of the mods are done by guys who have bought the highline TDi.The workshop guys in Goa have agreed to do the installation but i require the go ahead from you guys regarding the compatibility and utility with the RCD 300 plus system which does not come witrh the touch screen display.
thanks
Old 23rd October 2012, 09:46   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
The setting up of BT is nothing but switching on your BT phone and syncing. There is no coding needed and hence it is all about removing your dash, stereo system, pillar covers etc to complete the standard wiring.
VW, coding is required to enable the steering wheel and RCD unit buttons etc. In the MY2012's the bluetooth function is set to off.

Quote:
@VW2010,@AYEDONGIVADAM
hi,will i be able to use the bluetooth module with the RCD 300 plus system in the TSi comfortline.
Sorry Locomoco, but I do not think you would be able to use this BT retrofit unit. You need a touch screen on your audio device OR a highline MFD cluster with a MFSW to be able to control and manage the unit.
Old 23rd October 2012, 10:25   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
VW, coding is required to enable the steering wheel and RCD unit buttons etc. In the MY2012's the bluetooth function is set to off

The only option to enable in steering wheel is the voice control. Its a short coding based on drop down.

To enable BT you need to access 9-Central electronics. This is usually switched on in the old 2010 jetta.

Good thing about new Jetta is the newer version of RCD510 which enables controlling BT media via steering wheel.

Mine does not!!!
Old 23rd October 2012, 12:15   #233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayedongivadam View Post
VW, coding is required to enable the steering wheel and RCD unit buttons etc. In the MY2012's the bluetooth function is set to off.

Sorry Locomoco, but I do not think you would be able to use this BT retrofit unit. You need a touch screen on your audio device OR a highline MFD cluster with a MFSW to be able to control and manage the unit.
Is there anyway of finding out if the MFD of the Highline is very different from the MFD of the Comfortline or is it that a few functions on the MFD are disabled which could be activated by a software update.Was looking forward to the bluetooth installation and the last post has come as a dissapointing setback.Any furthur guidance to get around the problem would be highly welcome.
Thanks for a prompt reply.
Old 23rd October 2012, 13:53   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Is there anyway of finding out if the MFD of the Highline is very different from the MFD of the Comfortline or is it that a few functions on the MFD are disabled which could be activated by a software update.Was looking forward to the bluetooth installation and the last post has come as a dissapointing setback.Any furthur guidance to get around the problem would be highly welcome.
Thanks for a prompt reply.
It didnt register with me that you were speaking of the Comfortline TSI, I've just come over from the T-BHP official review of the car and it seems you have the MFSW + Full MFD cluster (Can you confirm?). This will indeed give you an option to control your BT device, but the coolest features of the BT which are touch screen, phonebook display and search, caller ID, RSAP for messaging etc. integration with your audio device will not be available to you.

Also, before you buy anything do ask the people you are buying the BT kit from, to confirm whether the kit will work in a MFSW+MFD environment only where the audio unit is a RCD300?
Old 23rd October 2012, 13:57   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is there anyway of finding out if the MFD of the Highline is very different from the MFD of the Comfortline
The rear circuit in RCD300 does not have option to fit the BT kit being discussed here. But there could be alternatives for this system.

Potential difference between RCD300 and RCD500

http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/p/72199/522745.aspx

Alternative

Attached Thumbnails
VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8-625175rcd300bvxpinout.jpg  

Last edited by VW2010 : 23rd October 2012 at 14:00.
Old 23rd October 2012, 14:18   #236
BHPian

The easiest and best value I guess would be this kit http://www.shop4volkswagen.co.uk/pro...its_000051473A(Even if you manage to get a compliant harness for your 300+ for the underseat kits) as you would not trade off any touch screen or other features. Plus I think this is available with India VW dealers as an accessory.
Old 30th October 2012, 09:27   #237
BHPian

USD 600/- for a pair - http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-VW-New-J...fbe66b&vxp=mtr - And there are some fairly good reviews around it on other VW enthusiast sites. Time to start saving some I guess.

VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8-jetta-hlled.jpg
Ayedongivadam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2012, 10:20   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayedongivadam
USD 600/- for a pair - http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-VW-New-J...fbe66b&vxp=mtr - And there are some fairly good reviews around it on other VW enthusiast sites. Time to start saving some I guess.
Since it does not seem OEM won't it void warranty? Plus $600 for non-OEM seems expensive
Old 30th October 2012, 10:52   #239
Senior - BHPian

Instances where warranty would come in is if you had a crash or if there is an electric failure in your car.

If its an electric failure, you can simply plug and play with your old head light set and make it appear stock. The service centre will have no clue on how the failure happened.

In case of a crash the evidence of alteration is there. But being plug and play with exactly similar V/W and electrical settings there would be some haggling but ultimately one can play their cards carefully to claim warranty.

Electrical warranty could be void but mechanical warranty cannot be connected directly.

These Non OEM pairs if they dont cut any wires for fitment will mostly be ok is my guess.
VW2010 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2012, 12:50   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'AL' View Post
Since it does not seem OEM won't it void warranty? Plus $600 for non-OEM seems expensive
Exactly what VW said, at the most there could be some back and forth over the electrical warranty but I doubt they could make voiding electrical warranty stick as there would be no changes to the wiring layout. Further with the use of LED's and HID's the power draw actually goes down laying less stress on the wiring, battery etc. etc.

On a related note, its high time the Govt. set up a commisson to lay down rules on aftermarket mods from a customer protection viewpoint as well as the legality / road worthiness of doing so. Not only will it make life easier on enthusiasts like us, but it will jump start a relatively nascent industry as well as ensure illegal mods or mods that affect road worthiness of a vehicle or endager public safety arent allowed by law in the country.

And oh - OEM Lights cost USD1000/- per unit thats a cool two grands for the pair!

Last edited by Ayedongivadam : 30th October 2012 at 12:51.
Ayedongivadam is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks