Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2012, 00:37   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: BlackPearl goes white - Bolero LX 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Hi,
How come the larger compressor fitted, while the smaller one didn't?

Regards
Sutripta
The 5H14 compressor did not have the 4th mount point. As a result it could be fitted below the alternator only (like in 2wd Boleros). They did not have a 5H14 with 4 mount points in stock. So the 5H16 had to be fitted.
Old 12th April 2012, 00:45   #47
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Initial 25K +
Rs 1200 for the compressor +
Rs 1500 for the bracket +
Rs 3000 for Labour +
Rs 800 for AC gas +
Rs 500 for new plumbing pipes
= Rs 32000.
Great, finally, one of the greatest drawbacks of your vehicle has been fixed, for good. However, the cost seems to be pretty expensive. Did you compare the costs at multiple places/dealers?

Do you feel any difference in the performance of the vehicle with the ac especially in full load, full traffic or full load, ghat situations? What has been the drop in FE after the AC installation?

Does this installation also have the facility of a heater for the winter months?
Old 12th April 2012, 10:06   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Great, finally, one of the greatest drawbacks of your vehicle has been fixed, for good. However, the cost seems to be pretty expensive. Did you compare the costs at multiple places/dealers?

Do you feel any difference in the performance of the vehicle with the ac especially in full load, full traffic or full load, ghat situations? What has been the drop in FE after the AC installation?

Does this installation also have the facility of a heater for the winter months?
Thanks n.devath. The price is indeed a bit on the higher side as I had to shift between two people. If one garage was able to do the entire fitting, I think it would have cost about Rs 3000 less. The second garage took advantage of my desperate situation as half of the fitting was already done and I had invested so much in buying the components.

I have not driven the vehicle much after installing the AC. I will be going to the hills at the end of this month and will be able to give answers to your queries. Till now I have driven about a 1000 Kms after the installation and have not found any perceptible difference in power or economy. There is a little bit of jerk when the compressor switches on.
Old 12th April 2012, 14:18   #49
BHPian

Dear Black Pearl

Congratulations for your priced purchase.

I'm interested in buying a new Bolero LX 4x4. Any idea whether it is available in Tamil Nadu?

As you were saying that the LX 4x4 models were meant for Government officials, how was it possible for you to purchase it? Could you guide me please.

Thanks in advance.
wild child is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2012, 20:25   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@Blackpe

Your compressor is in the correct position. That is the only place avl to fit the compressor properly in 4WD version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild child View Post
I'm interested in buying a new Bolero LX 4x4. Any idea whether it is available in Tamil Nadu?
I tried in Tamilnadu but not avl.
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2012, 11:20   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

^^ Not sure how that laughing clown appeared on the post above. Mods, please edit.
Old 16th April 2012, 13:05   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild child View Post
Dear Black Pearl

Congratulations for your priced purchase.

As you were saying that the LX 4x4 models were meant for Government officials, how was it possible for you to purchase it? Could you guide me please.

Thanks in advance.
Thanks wild child.

I am not sure how my booking went through. Only Royal Motors in Calcutta had said that this model was available. I tried a few other Mahindra showrooms and all of them said that there no LX model available. So I went through with the booking at Royal Motors. One month after booking when I got no news about the vehicle, I started inquiring. With help from 1100D, got hold of a person from Mahindra who said that it is very difficult to procure the LX model as it is built on govt order only. After waiting for 2 and half months and innumerable followup emails, I was able to get the vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
@Blackpearl

Your compressor is in the correct position. That is the only place to fit the compressor properly in 4WD version.
Thanks 4x4addict.

Got a heater fitted yesterday. Total cost of AC + Heater = Rs 40,000. I am broke now
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2012, 13:19   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
With help from 1100D, got hold of a person from Mahindra who said that it is very difficult to procure the LX model as it is built on govt order only.

Got a heater fitted yesterday. Total cost of AC + Heater = Rs 40,000. I am broke now

That's the same feedback I got. Bolero 4x4 is not available to "mango people "(aam aadmi). So there goes my Bolero 4x4 dream.

so, with AC+ heater, total OTR is closer to 700k?
Old 16th April 2012, 13:25   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
That's the same feedback I got. Bolero 4x4 is not available to "mango people "(aam aadmi). So there goes my Bolero 4x4 dream.

so, with AC+ heater, total OTR is closer to 700k?
I can give you the email id of the Mahindra person for procurement in Eastern India and he might be able to help you to contact the right person in your region.

The total cost of the vehicle with AC+Heater is 7.15 lacs.
Old 16th April 2012, 13:42   #55
BHPian

Thanks BP.
I was looking at Bolero as a vehicle for long drives, and to take my family to destination with comfort and fun. You can read my rants here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...ml#post2747772

Of course, I still drool over its looks. Hopefully, I am able to decide for Bolero; but, but, but. Will keep watching your thread more closely for ownership. All the best to me
Old 16th April 2012, 13:51   #56
Senior - BHPian

I just bumped into this thread.

Congrats Blackpearl on getting a Bolero 4x4. This is something I had been seeking for close to 2 years, but somehow the dealers here either didn't know of this, or there were hassles in getting it registered. Earlier it seems, it was only available with the Peugeot engine which was BS2.

Anyways, in the middle of my search, I found a Very Less Used Gurkha that I promptly bought. I am now enjoying it hugely.
Old 16th April 2012, 14:15   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post

Congrats Blackpearl on getting a Bolero 4x4. This is something I had been seeking for close to 2 years, but somehow the dealers here either didn't know of this, or there were hassles in getting it registered. Earlier it seems, it was only available with the Peugeot engine which was BS2.

Anyways, in the middle of my search, I found a Very Less Used Gurkha that I promptly bought. I am now enjoying it hugely.
Hey Roy_libran,
Congratulations!
Gurkhas are rare on forum. It would be nice to have your views on forum.
I hope I've not missed your thread.

Last edited by zalaps : 16th April 2012 at 14:19.
Old 16th April 2012, 15:00   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalaps View Post
Hey Roy_libran,
Congratulations!
Gurkhas are rare on forum. It would be nice to have your views on forum.
I hope I've not missed your thread.
Thanks for the same.

I do not want to divert Blackpearl's thread, so I would not say anything more about the Gurkha here, after this post. Apologies to Blackpearl in advance.

I have had the Gurkha for 7 months now, and here is what I have to say about my overall experience after about 9000 kms and around 8 Off-Road Events:

Good
  • Ground Clearance, Approach and Ramp Break Over angles
  • Power Steering, Low Turning Radius and In City Driveability
  • Low End Torque
  • Diff. Locks are magic
  • Very reliable and robust mechanical build
  • Ride and Handling (As decent as a Jeep type vehicle can hope to be)
  • Braking
  • AC
  • Cabin Noise
  • FE (12-13 kmpl)
Bad
  • Stock Rim Size (160 pcd, 16 inch, 6.5J, Zero Offset). It is Very difficult to find suitable tyres at reasonable prices.
  • High End Power Delivery (Tops out at 120 kmph)
  • Articulation (But, this is more than made up for by the Diff Locks)
  • Lack of Accessory Options
  • 2650FTI is not a free revving engine. Very good for Off-Roading though.
  • Power to weight ratio.
Ugly
  • Vehicle Seat configuration
  • Rear Window Size and Location
  • Some Ergonomics (Window Levers, Rear Foot Step)
  • OEM Runner Quality
  • Refinement inside the vehicle
Mods Planned
  • Rock Sliders
  • Branch Deflectors
  • Sway Bar Disconnects (Still researching G-Wagon designs)
  • Interiors Upgrade
  • NVH Insulation (3M and carpeting options)
  • 2nd row AC Blowers
  • Seating Configuration and Comfort
I do not have an ownership thread on the forum, and do not intend to write one, because I am not too good a writer.

Last edited by roy_libran : 16th April 2012 at 15:29.
roy_libran is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2012, 16:27   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Thanks roy_libran. Great that you found a Gurkha. That is the best offroader this side of 10 lacs.

Quote:
Thanks for the same.

I do not want to divert Blackpearl's thread, so I would not say anything more about the Gurkha here, after this post. Apologies to Blackpearl in advance.
You don't have to apologise for posting about your Gurkha in this thread. Feel free to add anything here .
Old 17th April 2012, 16:36   #60
Senior - BHPian

^^^ How is the Bolero's performance in 4L with the MDI engine. The XD3PU earlier was very torquey at the low RPM band. How about this one?
Any suspension / body lift yet?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks