Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2014, 17:57   #271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Can you please elaborate on that?
When the dealer changed my tyres to tubeless he did not or could not change the tyre number of rft which came factory fitted on the car. The BMW secure advance terms and conditions state that in case the tyre numbers mentioned on the policy don't match any claim will not be entertained.
Old 8th June 2014, 17:58   #272
Team-BHP Support

Re: BMW 320d: Joy comes home, My ultimate 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by arihant jain View Post
When the dealer changed my tyres to tubeless he did not or could not change the tyre number of rft which came factory fitted on the car. The BMW secure advance terms and conditions state that in case the tyre numbers mentioned on the policy don't match any claim will not be entertained.
So that would only apply to claims for tyres, not for other things.
Old 8th June 2014, 18:15   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
So that would only apply to claims for tyres, not for other things.
Hope so. Have written to BMW regarding that. My dealer seems to think that no claim will be entertained.
Old 8th June 2014, 18:33   #274
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So that is a mistake on the part of the dealer right? And anyways ofcourse the warranty will be only void on the tyres.
Old 15th July 2014, 23:23   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay81 View Post
Yes they give detailed bill. My 1st service was at 7080 Kms. Total cost - Rs.10039/- which included service standard scope, motor oil & filter element. Add to that washing charges of 900/-. This was totally taken care by BSI. Apart from that Rs.20871/- for replacing one run flat tyre, reifen (don't know what it means but costs Rs.16892/-) and rubber valve - not sure how much we had to pay out of this.

2nd service was at 21400 Kms and included all items from 1st service + set oil filter, intake silencer service, microfilter service, replacing wiper blades, replacing horn - total cost of Rs.23,853/- taken care by BSI.

Apart from that Rs.47,252 towards sunroof replacement.

I think they serviced AC which again was not mentioned in bill for strange reason. AC seems to be working better than before. Also car runs smoother
Does BSI cover wash? I think my BSI exclusion list says washing polishing not covered.
Old 15th July 2014, 23:33   #276
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhsha View Post
Does BSI cover wash? I think my BSI exclusion list says washing polishing not covered.
BSI doesn't cover car wash and wheel balancing/alignment.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2014, 09:44   #277
BHPian

No updates in this forum drmohitg. How is the car doing? how much have you driven till now? would love to hear the latest. God bless.
Old 14th August 2014, 00:01   #278
BHPian

After a long time today, met doc and Rohan. And did a quick comparo on the 3 vs C Avantgarde.

Pros of the 3er : Good front, looks really hot. The power is just commendable and the turbo surge is evident. The imperial blue is a steal.

Cons of the 3er : Base model lacks some basic features found on mid end cars too eg: Cruise Control. The ride is stiffer. The diesel is very noisy.

Pros of the C Avantgarde: The ride quality is amazingly comfortable. You will not literally feel bumps in the car. Being a petrol, the noise and clatter is zero. The power is good enough and the variant is feature loaded. The interior looks better put than the 3er too. And finally some good shots!
BMW 320d: Joy comes home, My ultimate 3-bmw-backcompressed.jpg

BMW 320d: Joy comes home, My ultimate 3-bmw-top-frontcompressed.jpg

BMW 320d: Joy comes home, My ultimate 3-front-headcompressed.jpg

BMW 320d: Joy comes home, My ultimate 3-top-shotcompressed.jpg

BMW 320d: Joy comes home, My ultimate 3-c-front-band-wcompressed-1.jpg

BMW 320d: Joy comes home, My ultimate 3-c-front-bestcompressed.jpg

BMW 320d: Joy comes home, My ultimate 3-c-frontcompressed.jpg

BMW 320d: Joy comes home, My ultimate 3-c-rear-flarecompressed.jpg

BMW 320d: Joy comes home, My ultimate 3-c-rearcompressed.jpg
devilwearsprada is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th August 2014, 12:50   #279
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
No updates in this forum drmohitg. How is the car doing? how much have you driven till now? would love to hear the latest. God bless.
Hey the car is actually not being used much right now with sister being busy with her job and me out of town. It's only done 4500 kms so far. Took it yesterday to 3m for an exterior power shine package and it's back to shining and gleaming like the day 1. According to the computer on board the service is due in next 3k kms or September, 14 whichever is earlier. So will see how that experience goes.
Old 13th October 2014, 14:29   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Hey the car is actually not being used much right now with sister being busy with her job and me out of town. It's only done 4500 kms so far. Took it yesterday to 3m for an exterior power shine package and it's back to shining and gleaming like the day 1. According to the computer on board the service is due in next 3k kms or September, 14 whichever is earlier. So will see how that experience goes.
Gayab Man

How is the car performing? service done?

Rohan
Old 18th October 2014, 19:40   #281
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
Gayab Man

How is the car performing? service done?

Rohan
Hey,

Sorry bhai. Been really busy with work. Yes the service was carried out last month. The dealership people were of the opinion that even though the car is showing service due but since the odometer reading is still only 6k, may be we can push the service further by a few more months. But I wasn't in a mood to listen to all this since anyways I have BSI and not bothered even if the car requires service every 2 months now.

Overall experience with the service centre was good. They are a little overworked according to me. Although Toyota people service a much higher number of vehicles each day but then those cars have a lot less complex gadgetry involved perhaps. The car was dropped in the morning and duly received in the evening. In the middle of the day the SA called and told about some packages being run by BMW free of charge and if they should carry those out. Basically included a monsoon check up and a software update. I found it amusing as to why ask when its free . But ideally would have been happier if they had told me about the same when the car was delivered to them. The SA cited the above two packages as an excuse to deliver the car the next day. After a few calls and some stern talks, they carried out all the work and delivered it the same day. I was in no mood to leave the car with them for a simple service specially when I had pre-booked my slot.

Here is the copy of the bill mentioning the work carried out:

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 2648
Size:  224.5 KB

The washing charges are really high I feel. They quoted me Rs 1800 for the same. 3M in comparison does a foam wash for only Rs 500. I finally decided to opt out of it since it was totally non VFM. But now thinking where to get an under body wash done since 3M people don't do it.

Last edited by drmohitg : 18th October 2014 at 19:44.
Old 18th October 2014, 21:43   #282
BHPian

Quote:
The washing charges are really high I feel. They quoted me Rs 1800 for the same. 3M in comparison does a foam wash for only Rs 500. I finally decided to opt out of it since it was totally non VFM. But now thinking where to get an under body wash done since 3M people don't do it.
What's the cost of service without bsi my car is 1200 kms away from a service?

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 19th October 2014 at 08:47.
Old 26th October 2014, 12:10   #283
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What's the cost of service without bsi my car is 1200 kms away from a service?
Sorry but I do not know that. My car underwent the first service but it is covered under BSI. My guess would be anything between 20-30k.

So the car has been doing pretty good. Drove it quite a lot this last week when I went home for Diwali. Diwali night me and Dad decided to go on a drive the next day and since he had some work in Jaipur, hence decided to go there. Also there is a famous temple in Khatu ( approximately some 80 kms from Jaipur) which was also included in the itinerary. Left home early at 6 AM the day after Diwali and the roads were pretty much empty at that time. The horrors of the last drive on the same stretch were still haunting us and we had no plans to get stuck again this time with a set of broken alloys. Hence didn't overspeed but rather stayed in the cruising mode. But then with the AC on and light music this car can gobble up miles very fast and one does not get the feeling of how much speed you are travelling at. Had to cautiously check my speed every few kms and come back to the 100-120 kmph zone.

The drive was quite uneventful otherwise. It is such a relief to have the convenience of AT in your car. And the 3 gives you that added advantage that with a gentle tap of your right foot, you can overtake almost anything and everything without experiencing any sort of lag whatsoever.

The only apprehension I still have to some extent is its ability to take on potholes on our roads. Now the Delhi Jaipur highway is still not an ideal highway and has a number of potholes, some of them craters to be honest. Also another irritating part is the junction where they have started road laying work on a new stretch and hence created that sudden vertical wall like entry on this stretch. And they are in plenty and appear every 4-5 kms. The first one I missed created a huge noise ( although its the same noise in every car if you cross these at speeds) and I was scared the rims will be damaged again. Hence returned to a more manageable speed of 80 kmph. It was although a little disheartening to see the humble swifts and santros zipping past you on the same stretch. All in all I am still a little unsure of the car's ability to tackle such situations.

I could manage only a couple of pictures after reaching Khatu. The FE on the trip computer was shocking though .
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 320d: Joy comes home, My ultimate 3-img_20141024_103658.jpg  

BMW 320d: Joy comes home, My ultimate 3-img_20141024_103736.jpg  

BMW 320d: Joy comes home, My ultimate 3-img_20141024_103747.jpg  

BMW 320d: Joy comes home, My ultimate 3-img_20141024_105306.jpg  

drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2014, 19:46   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

Its time for the insurance to be renewed at the end of this month and hence I was fishing for quotes online. I have a simple query. The first year BMW Secure was offered complimentary to us as is the norm by BMW now. Now my understanding is the BMW secure covers things like tyre replacement and hydrostatic engine lock. For some reason couldn't find the mention of the same on BMW India website. Have they stopped this program or changed its name?

Now I have 2 options:
1. Get a good insurance plan which includes add ons like Rim/tyre replacement, hydrostatic lock etc. All these are costing roughly around 65k.

2. Get a basic 0% depreciation policy and along with it buy BMW Secure. I haven't asked for the price of Secure yet but I am sure it will be quite a bit more than option 1 alone.

Which option to go for? Any benefit in opting for option number 2 vs option number 1?
Old 6th November 2014, 12:54   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Its time for the insurance to be renewed at the end of this month and hence I was fishing for quotes online. I have a simple query. The first year BMW Secure was offered complimentary to us as is the norm by BMW now. Now my understanding is the BMW secure covers things like tyre replacement and hydrostatic engine lock. For some reason couldn't find the mention of the same on BMW India website. Have they stopped this program or changed its name?

Now I have 2 options:
1. Get a good insurance plan which includes add ons like Rim/tyre replacement, hydrostatic lock etc. All these are costing roughly around 65k.

2. Get a basic 0% depreciation policy and along with it buy BMW Secure. I haven't asked for the price of Secure yet but I am sure it will be quite a bit more than option 1 alone.

Which option to go for? Any benefit in opting for option number 2 vs option number 1?

Getting a 0% Plan + BMW secure would be quite expensive, instead go for a policy covering the features of BMW secure.
I went for ICICI Lombard which covers everything except Key Hob which was OK with me. I got a decent deal from the showroom people. You may check with agents or the showroom,
RickyC is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks