Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2014, 09:33   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Initial Ownership Section. Thanks for sharing!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2014, 10:05   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your mean blue machine!

I'm loving every bit of the Vento since ownership and I am sure the Jetta only doubles the pleasure.

Enjoy your new ride and drive safe.
9thsphinx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2014, 10:29   #18
Senior - BHPian

Another new Jetta on Team BHP! Congrats on the wonderful new car! She looks a real beauty! Wish you many miles of pleasure and hope you can unleash all those devils lurking under the hood someday on a straight long stretch.
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2014, 10:45   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Amarendranath! Was wondering what happened to the thread

That Blue is lip-smackingly delicious to look at. You even got a Lightning connector for use in the glove box! I only managed to snare the older connector, although I don't really mind to be honest. I really wanted a USB connector for use, but that's a different matter altogether.

A friend of mine happened to pick up a 2014 Audi A4 a month after me, in the 177 BHP state of tune. I was particularly interested in giving it a short spin as I fully intend to get the car remapped in a year or so. Believe me, if you find 140 horses to be fun, which it is, 177 is so much nicer! I'm holding off on that for now though, will keep everyone posted on it.

She's very nimble for a car of its size too, I enjoy chucking her about as it's very stable, predictable and obedient even at speed. It's just a very confidence inspiring car that cossets you and makes you feel like you're a better driver than you really are. That's my 2 cents.

Many many congratulations once again, I'll be seeing you around
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2014, 12:46   #20
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations Amarendranath! Wishing you thousands and thousands of trouble free and safe miles. And welcome to the Jetta club!

The car in tempest blue looks FANTASTIC! I can understand your excitement to own the first tempest blue car Take good care of her. Glad that I could be of some help in the maintenance routine.

You are absolutely right about the handling of the car and the FE. Yesterday, I drove from Coimbatore to Mysore which has lots of sharp curves before Sathyamangalam. As I was driving early in the morning, there was no traffic and I put the car in cruise mode at a speed of 90kmph and could take almost all of these curves without having to apply the brakes. This was amazing! I also got a FE of 22.8kmph over a distance of 85km!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
A friend of mine happened to pick up a 2014 Audi A4 a month after me, in the 177 BHP state of tune. I was particularly interested in giving it a short spin as I fully intend to get the car remapped in a year or so. Believe me, if you find 140 horses to be fun, which it is, 177 is so much nicer! I'm holding off on that for now though, will keep everyone posted on it.
What is the gear box in the Audi? Is that the CVT multitronic? If yes, how did the combination of the 177bhp engine and the gearbox feel? Even I am interested in tuning the Jetta to 177bhp. 177bhp + DSG should be ultra fun to drive! But afraid about the warranty. I will be closely following you on this friend
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2014, 12:53   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
What is the gear box in the Audi? Is that the CVT multitronic? If yes, how did the combination of the 177bhp engine and the gearbox feel? Even I am interested in tuning the Jetta to 177bhp. 177bhp + DSG should be ultra fun to drive! But afraid about the warranty. I will be closely following you on this friend
As far as I recall, the A4 uses an 8 speed CVT, but it felt really nice if you ask me. Mentally, I know the DSG is better but the CVT feels just as nice.

I wouldn't be afraid about the warranty being lost at all. The Passat uses the DSG and 2.0 TDI with the power upped to 177 BHP and torque at 380nm. The gearbox can handle up to 420nm, and at most I'd take her up to 400 nm, if that. Reliability and the warranty wouldn't be a concern, but I am looking at doing it 1-1.5 years down the line as it will involve a spend of Rs. 30,000 on the tuning itself and about Rs.50000 on tyres (I will upsize to 225's to handle the extra power). Will keep you posted as and when I go down that road
iliketurtles is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2014, 13:39   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
Interior

Attachment 1234918
Whatever that is supposed to mean, My guess its the tyre pressure reading, 33 at the front and 36 at the rear.
That's 33 at both front and rear for two people in car along with a kid/piece of luggage; and 36 in the front and 44 in the rear tires for five people and a full boot.

Congratulations!
Harneet.S is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2014, 16:19   #23
BHPian

You are clearly a man in love, Amarendranath!
Congrats! Your Jetta is a looker!

Awaiting the interior shots!
yash1229 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2014, 16:26   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Congratulations on your mean blue machine!

I'm loving every bit of the Vento since ownership and I am sure the Jetta only doubles the pleasure.

Enjoy your new ride and drive safe.
Thank you 9thsphinx!, Wish you miles of happy and trouble free ownership. Lets hope the entire VW family doesn't have to go through any nightmares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Another new Jetta on Team BHP! Congrats on the wonderful new car! She looks a real beauty! Wish you many miles of pleasure and hope you can unleash all those devils lurking under the hood someday on a straight long stretch.
Thank you wilful! Will definitely give an update on the devils as i have a holiday trip planned soon.

Quote:

That Blue is lip-smackingly delicious to look at. You even got a Lightning connector for use in the glove box!

Indeed it is, enjoying the stares i have been getting ever since i bought her home. I am really about the fact that i have got a lightening connector
Quote:
She's very nimble for a car of its size too, I enjoy chucking her about as it's very stable, predictable and obedient even at speed. It's just a very confidence inspiring car that cossets you and makes you feel like you're a better driver than you really are. That's my 2 cents.
Many many congratulations once again, I'll be seeing you around
Thank you iliketurtles! I shall agree with you, for the car of its size handling seemed quite easy. And the stability with which hits the speeds, Simply Mind blowing.

Quote:
Congratulations Amarendranath! Wishing you thousands and thousands of trouble free and safe miles.
Thank you Graaja for your kind words! Lets us hope the entire Jetta club shall go through a hassle free ownership.

Quote:
The car in tempest blue looks FANTASTIC! I can understand your excitement to own the first tempest blue car Glad that I could be of some help in the maintenance routine.
You have no idea! Everyone seems to be stunned by the color.

Quote:
As I was driving early in the morning, there was no traffic and I put the car in cruise mode at a speed of 90kmph and could take almost all of these curves without having to apply the brakes. This was amazing! I also got a FE of 22.8kmph over a distance of 85km!
I hope to see those figures soon on my car as well. I remember hitting same speeds on a twisted section and I was amazed by its stability.

Quote:
The Passat uses the DSG and 2.0 TDI with the power upped to 177 BHP and torque at 380nm. Reliability and the warranty wouldn't be a concern, but I am looking at doing it 1-1.5 years down the line as it will involve a spend of Rs. 30,000 on the tuning itself and about Rs.50000 on tyres
If that's the case with warranty, i would definitely want to remap the car. I don't think this can be done at the VW dealership right ? I wonder if anything on the remapping is mentioned the terms of the EW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harneet.S View Post
That's 33 at both front and rear for two people in car along with a kid/piece of luggage; and 36 in the front and 44 in the rear tires for five people and a full boot.

Congratulations!
Thankyou Harneet! will definitely keep this in mind.
Old 29th April 2014, 17:15   #25
BHPian

Congratulations on your blue beauty! The Jetta is a car which intoxicates you with it's sheer coolness.(couldn't find a better word here) I am planning to install a race chip as soon as I have enough funds (saving up for an Elantra as well) Although, my advice to you is, be very careful with it as even a small ding can break the bank.
Now I have a few questions of my own:-
1) Can I somehow aftermarket the ACC?
2) My friend has a Comfortline Jetta and he was wondering if he could get electric seats?
3) Will I ever get to drive it?
Regards,

P.S. VW said no to both of them, but you know how much we Indians can haggle to get something that we want.
thebfg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2014, 17:24   #26
BHPian

Congrats on your new acquisition mate. The Jetta looks remarkable in blue. Nice write up and exhaustively informative thread. Can you share the OTR price and price break-up? And wish you happy mile munching with your German beauty.
Pferdestarke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2014, 17:38   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on your new ride. Excellent and very detailed write up. The jetta has had me bowled over by its looks from day 1. But somehow destiny had other plans and it never ended up in our garage. This new shade of blue looks really awesome although it would be a pain to maintain. Wishing you many happy miles with the car.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2014, 17:52   #28
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic car and a well written review. Every aspect detailed with so much effort and the best part is that you wrote from your heart. Exceptional writing skills. You have launched the detailing bug in me once again. I own a 2011 Ivtec Honda City and for sure over the weekend it is going for a detailing session to 3M. The car is majestic and a real pleasure to drive. Enjoy your ride and keep us all posted about the upgrades you plan for it.

Drive Safe!!

AD
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2014, 19:59   #29

Congratulations! One hell of a write up. Clearly deserves and she looks splendid in blue..
rishi.nandan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2014, 20:56   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post

If that's the case with warranty, i would definitely want to remap the car. I don't think this can be done at the VW dealership right ?

Under normal conditions, it would go virtually unnoticed by VW whenever they scan the car. It's only when the car is taken in for an engine related warranty claim that they'd probably detect it, so on the whole it's a very safe bet. There are many petrol and diesel VW's/Skoda's that have been tuned on the forum, I don't foresee it being an issue at all.

I wish VW offered the remap! That would make any worries about warranty claims redundant. I'm planning to contact Tune-o-Tronics to get it done whenever it catches my fancy. I'm looking forward to getting it done, it'll make the Jetta a hoot to drive.
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed