Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2014, 14:42   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Looks like is skipping the first year 15k service. Get it checked by the workshop during the oil change visit at 7.5k

We'll I don't think such a thing happens I mean the skipping or whatever. It cannot be a software bug. I'll get it checked on the next visit.
Old 21st August 2014, 15:45   #152
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!

It's not a software bug as such, after getting the car back from the checkup it also tells me that the next service after 7.5k kms and the next inspection is quite some time away. It won't skip anything, rest assured.
Old 21st August 2014, 16:13   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
It's not a software bug as such, after getting the car back from the checkup it also tells me that the next service after 7.5k kms and the next inspection is quite some time away. It won't skip anything, rest assured.
What i don't understand is to why is 26k kms is being shown? Where the inspection kms to be shown should be 15k.
Old 21st August 2014, 16:19   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
What i don't understand is to why is 26k kms is being shown? Where the inspection kms to be shown should be 15k.
I can only hazard a guess and say that system can only show one service/oil change and one inspection at a time. That's why your service at 15k kms is not showing up. Once your 7.5k kms checkup is done they'll reset it for you and it will show up then.
Old 21st August 2014, 16:32   #155
BHPian

Quote:
I can only hazard a guess and say that system can only show one service/oil change and one inspection at a time. That's why your service at 15k kms is not showing up. Once your 7.5k kms checkup is done they'll reset it for you and it will show up then.

May be. Very strange that that such a weird number came up. At least 30k would have been decent.
Old 21st August 2014, 16:33   #156
BANNED

Quote:

May be. Very strange that that such a weird number came up. At least 30k would have been decent.
Isn't the car at VW now? What is their say on seeing this on the MID?

Anurag.
Old 21st August 2014, 16:36   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Isn't the car at VW now? What is their say on seeing this on the MID?

I clicked this pic a while ago. Even before dropping the car. Forgot about this completely while dropping the car. May be on delivery I can check up with them.
Old 25th August 2014, 01:02   #158
BHPian

The Jet is finally back in shape. Taking the delivery tomorrow. Checked the car today and was super impressed. Wonderful job by the VW guys. For any body shop related issues visit he Kompally branch. A little hazing on the paint. I guess that would go away after they polish the car tomorrow.

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1408908542.318270.jpg

There are white lines all along the running board( lower part ) , I wonder if they can be removed.
Amarendranath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 21:00   #159
BHPian

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!

Guys got back the car today. Dad drove it home. There is an airbag error on the MID. Looks like dad didn't notice it at the workshop.

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1408980541.581528.jpg

Googled it for a bit but no possible solution given. I don't think it's an airbag failure or something. I guess software reset may help. My question is why did it pop up in the first place? I would really appreciate your inputs.

Last edited by Amarendranath : 25th August 2014 at 21:02.
Old 25th August 2014, 21:13   #160
Senior - BHPian

Amar, a couple of things

1) It strikes me as a loose sensor/wire. No biggie, should be fixed soon enough.

2) The MFD shows a sign just at the bottom right of the screen saying 1/2, which mean it's one screen of 2. Did you try toggling through that message? It might give more info.

3) Reset your damn trip meter
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 21:15   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Guys got back the car today. Dad drove it home. There is an airbag error on the MID. Looks like dad didn't notice it at the workshop.

Googled it for a bit but no possible solution given. I don't think it's an airbag failure or something. I guess software reset may help. My question is why did it pop up in the first place? I would really appreciate your inputs.
Don't worry, you just need to clear the DTCs. Means a software reset for the fault codes. They must have forgotten to reset the fault codes after reconnecting the battery terminals if they were disconnected.

Airbag fault code is usually generated if any of the airbag connectors had been disconnected or even if the battery had been disconnected, or if there is any fault in the airbag system ofcourse.

You just have to take it to the service centre and they can perform it in minutes.

Quote:
2) The MFD shows a sign just at the bottom right of the screen saying 1/2, which mean it's one screen of 2. Did you try toggling through that message? It might give more info.
Invariably that is the drivers door open warning on the second page Happens every time! When you wonder why so many faults and scroll through it, one would be the damn door open warning!

Edit: Just noticed there are only 2 pages.. that is the service interval reminder in the second page

Last edited by ajaypjayaraj : 25th August 2014 at 21:45.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 21:43   #162
BANNED

Quote:
There is an airbag error on the MID. Looks like dad didn't notice it at the workshop.
Check the DTC by plugging an OBD reader at VW ASC. With that code we can trace out the issue.

This could be a loose wire / sensor may be.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 21:46   #163
BHPian

Quote:
1) It strikes me as a loose sensor/wire. No biggie, should be fixed soon enough.
Ya must be, i thought of the same. Shall visit on this weekend and get it checked. No mood to visit the workshop anytime soon.

Quote:
The MFD shows a sign just at the bottom right of the screen saying 1/2, which mean it's one screen of 2. Did you try toggling through that message? It might give more info.
The toggle screen was shoeing the oil change and inspection and nothing else.

Quote:
Reset your damn trip meter
Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
Don't worry, you just need to clear the DTCs. Means a software reset for the fault codes. They must have forgotten to reset the fault codes after reconnecting the battery terminals if they were disconnected. Airbag fault code is usually generated if any of the airbag connectors had been disconnected or even if the battery had been disconnected, or if there is any fault in the airbag system ofcourse.
Sure, will get it checked on the weekend. They might have disconnected them while performing the welding and etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
Invariably that is the drivers door open warning on the second page Happens every time! When you wonder why so many faults and scroll through it, one would be the damn door open warning!
I don't remember the door being open or may be i was fiddling with the options and didn't notice it.
Old 1st September 2014, 17:22   #164
BHPian

Been a busy week once again. Could not visit the workshop to get the airbag error checked. Drove a 100km with the error and nothing really popped up on the MID but for a speed warning for every time i cross 30kmph.

I thought that the running board was a separate piece. But i noticed the below at the workshop and they informed us that the piece was cut from this particular part. ?

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-img_4159.jpg

Below is the part that was cut from the JET

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-img_4160.jpg

paint was perfectly matched by the body shop guys. Impressed.

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-img_4161.jpg

Had a beautiful weekend, why you ask? Adi had gifted me two very useful accessories for the JET. Thanks buddy! Both of them were on my checklist. However i will try the USB if the 'Aventador' plan doesn't workout.

The Steel Exhaust pipes! I wonder how they would suit the Blue shade. Cant wait.

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-img_4220.jpg

The USB cable for the ICE

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-img_4219.jpg

Shall install them and post pictures soon.
Amarendranath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 17:58   #165
BANNED

Quote:
I thought that the running board was a separate piece. But i noticed the below at the workshop and they informed us that the piece was cut from this particular part?
Do get the Airbag thing checked and solved ASAP! You never know what's the next surprise!

Waiting for the pics post installing the steel exhaust. Should be good since the contrast is high so won't harm the eye. Just be sure it doesn't rattle / fall-off!

Shall visit you soon!

Anurag.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks