Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2014, 23:13   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post

Yup! i wish i realized that in the workshop itself. I shall do it myself or get it pushed in during the oil change.

Amar!!!!

You didn't think the sentence through, did you! Makes for an amusing NSFW Statement!

All in good humor though!
Cheers
Rohan

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 4th September 2014, 23:26   #197
BHPian

Re: Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
You didn't think the sentence through, did you! Makes for an amusing NSFW Statement!
This is what i meant when i said ' work has it effects'. Still stuck up at work so i wonder what was my mind thinking.

Thanks to GTO for the edit button!

Last edited by Amarendranath : 4th September 2014 at 23:29.
Old 6th September 2014, 22:41   #198
BHPian

Small Update-

For the second time today noticed an issue with the fuel gauge. Whenever we go for a full tank the car would take in only 50 to 60% of the fuel. The first time we were under the impression that the Fuel station attenders could not fill the fuel properly. But as the same issue appeared today, dropped by at the workshop to get it checked ( was on the way). Apparently there was a lot of air stored inside the system and hence the liquid was gushing out when being filled. They opened the primary fuel system which was located under the rear passenger seats, gave it multiple pumps and cleaned all the pipes using a breather. Also i was told to give the car a shake if i noticed the air bubbles issue once again while filling the fuel. Once this was done, stopped by at a fuel station and this time there were no issues and needle ( which was once refusing to go beyond 3/4 th) was now showing full.

Also got a rat sensor for about 370/- which would keep away the rats for a period of six months. The device emits a certain effluvium every time the car is started which supposedly will kill the rats.

Last edited by Amarendranath : 6th September 2014 at 22:42.
Old 7th September 2014, 00:16   #199
BANNED

Quote:
Small Update-

For the second time today noticed an issue with the fuel gauge. Whenever we go for a full tank the car would take in only 50 to 60% of the fuel.
If you don't mind can you put the issue a bit clear way? I didn't get it!

Anurag.
Old 7th September 2014, 00:37   #200
Senior - BHPian

I reckon he means that the fuel would hit the auto cut-off mark, but the fuel gauge would be at a mere 50-60% instead of being entirely full. At least that's what I took away from it! I could be wrong, Saturday night and all that.
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2014, 01:08   #201
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
I reckon he means that the fuel would hit the auto cut-off mark, but the fuel gauge would be at a mere 50-60% instead of being entirely full.
What I suspect that could be happening is, the fuel dispenser as shown below, has 3 points on which it is clipped when the filling begins.

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-800pxpetrol_dispenser.jpg

The point 1 has the filling speed (flow rate) less as compared to when the clip is on position 3. So when the filling speed is high the vapours are created due to high speed and vaporization causing the tank to fill with air pressure rather than fuel.

When the pressure sensed by the dispenser is high the fuel filling is cut hence the attendant thinks it has reached the auto cut-off point but it hasn't. Hence the needle doesn't climb to 100% even when it has reached the cut-off point.

Quote:
Small Update-

For the second time today noticed an issue with the fuel gauge. Whenever we go for a full tank the car would take in only 50 to 60% of the fuel.
Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2014, 12:48   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
I reckon he means that the fuel would hit the auto cut-off mark, but the fuel gauge would be at a mere 50-60% instead of being entirely full. At least that's what I took away from it! I could be wrong, Saturday night and all that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
The point 1 has the filling speed (flow rate) less as compared to when the clip is on position 3. So when the filling speed is high the vapors are created due to high speed and vaporization causing the tank to fill with air pressure rather than fuel. When the pressure sensed by the dispenser is high the fuel filling is cut hence the attendant thinks it has reached the auto cut-off point but it hasn't. Hence the needle doesn't climb to 100% even when it has reached the cut-off point.
Thanks Karan! That was exactly what i meant!

@Anurag sorry buddy shall try to update such issues clearly And what you wrote is exactly what might have happened. May be for the same reason i was advised to shake the car a bit.
Old 19th September 2014, 00:13   #203
BHPian

Just a small doubt that I have on the automatic climate control that I would like to discuss. I heard with the automatic climate control the windshield doesn't fog, but I did notice fogging quite a few times on the windsheild. Wanted to know if I was missing any settings. I always leave it in auto and the defogger is always off. You can notice the fogging in the below pics.

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1411065683.689934.jpg

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1411065699.824442.jpg

Last edited by Amarendranath : 19th September 2014 at 00:26.
Amarendranath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 09:56   #204
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Just a small doubt that I have on the automatic climate control that I would like to discuss. I heard with the automatic climate control the windshield doesn't fog, but I did notice fogging quite a few times on the windsheild. Wanted to know if I was missing any settings. I always leave it in auto and the defogger is always off. You can notice the fogging in the below pics.

I have observed fogging in some conditions, especially when the weather is humid outside, and the temperature is a bit low inside. Also, the fogging sometimes happens outside, (running the wiper clears the fog, but it comes again soon). When this happens, I usually set the temperature high - around 25 - and the fogging clears in a minute.

I remember having seen fogging inside a couple of instances, and used to turn on the defogger to get rid of it. IIRC, the defogger turns off automatically after some time.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 12:48   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
I remember having seen fogging inside a couple of instances, and used to turn on the defogger to get rid of it. IIRC, the defogger turns off automatically after some time. When this happens, I usually set the temperature high - around 25 - and the fogging clears in a minute.
I noticed this fogging at around 26 degrees. I never use the defogger though. One more query that came to my mind was about the heated mirrors, how long does it take for the rain water on the mirrors to get cleared up.? Should the defogger be used with this? ( after turning nob into the position )
Old 19th September 2014, 13:09   #206

About the fogging.
It was an issue I used to face in the Laura.The fix to that was directing the airflow to the legs.it might not sound like it makes sense,but some air always seeped through the vents under the wind shield,regardless of the chosen blower position.
Redirecting the air flow to the legs stops the flow though the upper vents.
Worked out in the laura,so I'm guessing it will for the Jetta as well.
Krish Karkera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 13:31   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krish Karkera View Post
Redirecting the air flow to the legs stops the flow though the upper vents.
Worked out in the laura,so I'm guessing it will for the Jetta as well.
I used to do the same but i'm wondering if there is any other solution. I never really gave it a thought as nothing was coming up on the drivers side. Yesterday i could see fogging on the driver side window and passenger side windshield, which is now bugging me.
Old 19th September 2014, 14:01   #208

I'm guessing that's the only solution.If i remember correctly,Guys at the Skoda workshop had suggested it to me.Now i know that's not saying much.
But it seems to be the only walk around.
Old 20th September 2014, 10:24   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krish Karkera View Post
I'm guessing that's the only solution.If i remember correctly,Guys at the Skoda workshop had suggested it to me.Now i know that's not saying much.
But it seems to be the only walk around.
I will check on the other Jetta forums and see if i can find anything and update here.

For quite sometime now, i was skeptical about the door sills for the Jetta. I just came across a link after which i may not order the door sills at all. There seem to be rusting issues with the sills. The OEM sills are really elegant but just have to let go.

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-1000966s.jpg

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-1000967p.jpg

The issue was noticed with the OEM door sills for the Jetta.

Last edited by Amarendranath : 20th September 2014 at 10:26.
Old 20th September 2014, 11:11   #210
BHPian

Quote:
I used to do the same but i'm wondering if there is any other solution. I never really gave it a thought as nothing was coming up on the drivers side. Yesterday i could see fogging on the driver side window and passenger side windshield, which is now bugging me.

This happens when in auto mode especially in our humid climate. In auto mode, the cold air is sent through all vents as sensed required by the climatronic. So it sends air towards windshield too according to the input it gets from various temp. sensors in different locations. When the hot and humid air outside comes in contact with that part of the windshield or any glass which is getting cooled by direct air flow towards it will cause condensation and that is the fogging that happens.

It's seen either at night time or during long journeys with the AC temp. set to very low or on very humid or rainy days. Here are a few things I do to prevent it.

If there is any slight indication of fogging, I set the flow manually to the upper vents that are facing us. Basically that over rides the auto mode and then directing the flow becomes manual. You can select the bottom vents also if you want flow towards feet but keep the windshield vent de-selected.

Do not direct any vents towards the top or sides which causes the cold air to directly hit the windshield or side glass which causes fogging. Usually passengers do this to direct the cold air flow away from them thus resulting in fogging of that glass which gets the direct hit of cold air.

Set the temp. and fan speed to what is required than having the blowers blasting on full and with AC temp. set to very low. To get cabin cooled faster in very hot climates, when you start off a journey, roll down the windows and blast the blowers in full just for a few mins to expel the hot air and then shut windows and set it to a lower speed. This cools faster.

Set the AC to the required temp. only rather than setting it to 18 or below that. Even 22 is comfortable if things are set right (even in hot climate).

Very important - In dark hours, start the AC after you guys are all inside with doors closed and windows shut only. Do not open doors or roll down windows after that when the AC is running, even for a short while. Switch off the AC before you open anything and switch it back on only after everything is shut back. Even if for a very short duration to pay tolls or whatever, observe this precaution at night time and see the difference. Try this out. Opening and closing doors/windows when the cabin is cold during dark hours and see for yourself how fast fogging happens and try it out with the precaution I just mentioned. You will see the difference yourself.

I follow these things to reduce fogging as much as possible and has worked well.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks