Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2014, 22:00   #226
BHPian

Re: Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
That's great! Kinda like Z+ security for your car.

Could you please share pics of motion detectors and where have you placed them?
Motion detectors, one of the camera has a laser in built and gets activated by a radar kind of a device. Also the camera comes with a small chip which is placed below. They are yet to get that. A controller for PTZ and adapter for the Monitor toggle ( Surveillance and Normal usage) are yet to be installed. I don't think they will be placed elsewhere. May be the functionality is in built and depends on the NVR configuration.

Last edited by Amarendranath : 26th September 2014 at 22:04.
Amarendranath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 22:05   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post

Up and live, Come with motion detectors and infrared night mode.
Sad to see the damage. And great that you have these cameras. Is that the total number of cameras you have?

I live in a gated community too and the CCTV cameras are pretty much useless now (each building has about 10, and there are 14 buildings). They are not maintained very well and with them being exposed to the elements for so long, they finally die.

It is probably worthwhile to have a dashcam or something in your car. This thread might give you some ideas:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...vandalism.html
shifu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 22:14   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
I live in a gated community too and the CCTV cameras are pretty much useless now They are not maintained very well and with them being exposed to the elements for so long, they finally die.It is probably worthwhile to have a dashcam or something in your car. This thread might give you some ideas:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...vandalism.html
True. I thought of the same. But this incident happened when the car was covered, a dash cam wouldn't have been of much use and hence the CC cameras.

A total of 4 cameras. Our colony doesn't have any camera's. Instead of requesting the association we went ahead and installed for our house. They said these camera's can withstand even the most horrible monsoon weather so hoping that they would work as anticipated.

But say the car is parked in the open. A dash cam would help only in capturing the front view ( Haven't gone through the thread yet). Basing on the recording shall log a case on vandalism, which would help only to a certain extent. So that again doesn't give a complete solution for this. So i make sure i don't park in open areas, if i do i stay with the car. Even malls these days aren't safe. So i guess this problem is something all the car owners have to live with.
Old 27th September 2014, 04:56   #229
BHPian

10 guards and none knew who did this? Crazy stuff. Sad to see the car in such a state. Looking at the damage I don't think this would be the work of the kids.

Hope things will settle soon and see the car in pristine condition.
Old 27th September 2014, 06:35   #230
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
10 guards and none knew who did this? Crazy stuff. Sad to see the car in such a state. Looking at the damage I don't think this would be the work of the kids.

Hope things will settle soon and see the car in pristine condition.
Vijay,

His house is at the dead end of the colony and moreover a covered car means not much attention will be given by the guards.

No one would have expected someone to come, lift the car cover, scratch it - that too "I Luv u".

A few children are being suspected for this act and they do need to be taught a lesson so that it doesn't repeat. They must shiver when the Jetta is confronted.

Anurag.
Old 27th September 2014, 08:37   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
10 guards and none knew who did this? Looking at the damage I don't think this would be the work of the kids.
The guards are supposed to do their so called patrolling all day long specially after 4. On weekends we have clearly mentioned them to pay attention to the kids. What i noticed was, they don't even get up from the place they sit.

Ill make sure no one sits again. And in the lane that we stay, no cycle or no kid is allowed from now on. You are right. This was definitely done by the age group 8yr to 15yr old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
No one would have expected someone to come, lift the car cover, scratch it - that too "I Luv u".
They have very tactically written it. They wanted to humiliate us, if they have at least scratched and created scars it would have been a different thing. By writing this, it is a clear indication of their jealousy. No only the Jet, every car is precious in its own way. If one of them gets a critical punishment the entire group will be disciplined.

Last edited by Amarendranath : 27th September 2014 at 08:51.
Old 28th September 2014, 18:34   #232
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Coming again with another sad update where we had to go through a very expensive Proposal last week.

Oops. That hurts Amar. Many times I wonder what pleasure people gain by these acts, and how mentally sick they should be to be indulging in such acts. Sadly, we have to live among such characters. I am sure you will get your car back absolutely in its original shape and move on with life enjoying the car. The cameras you have installed should prevent any such future incidents.
Old 28th September 2014, 23:47   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Oops. That hurts Amar. Many times I wonder what pleasure people gain by these acts, and how mentally sick they should be to be indulging in such acts. Sadly, we have to live among such characters. I am sure you will get your car back absolutely in its original shape and move on with life enjoying the car. The cameras you have installed should prevent any such future incidents.
You are right, i wish there was a way to make these people understand the pain.

Expecting the car back by Monday or Tuesday. I hope they don't mess up the paint. Also asked them to finish the first free inspection. They quoted a 1000bucks for the wheel alignment. They had no comments on the oil top up.
Old 29th September 2014, 14:45   #234
BHPian

This is so very heart breaking. How could a child/ren resort to such shameless brazen act?They must be ruthlessly punished, along with their parents/guardians. Also, the guards/the company providing these guards should be imposed pecuniary liability in addition to the disciplinary action so that such acts never get repeated.

Hope to see that beauty back on its feet again.
Old 29th September 2014, 22:32   #235
BHPian

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
This is so very heart breaking. How could a child/ren resort to such shameless brazen act?They must be ruthlessly punished, along with their parents/guardians.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
Also, the guards/the company providing these guards should be imposed pecuniary liability in addition to the disciplinary action so that such acts never get repeated.
The problem is, there is no proof as to who has done it and i will look like an idiot if i raise my fingers now. So lets see, they can't run away with this. They live along with me in my colony, will definitely catch them. The colony president says he will take care of this. Lets give him and see what he is capable of.

Last edited by Amarendranath : 29th September 2014 at 22:58.
Old 30th September 2014, 19:24   #236
BHPian

The JET is back!

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-img_4861.jpg

The vw guys have done an excellent job. Really love the paint job. Their service is definitely improving. There were around 50 cars in the body shop ( yes 50!) and yet they managed to deliver the car on time. Such huge appointments are because of the Devi Pooja next this week.

However that being said, a small irritant that i had come across was that They marred both the bumpers of the car and claimed that they were already there. I made sure they it removed by using a rubbing compound. Avoiding it in the first place would have been nice. Overall very happy with their service.

Also got the free check up done. I was always curious as to what was this free inspection. It was nothing but a 10 point check up and oil top-ups. The brake fluid top up was done and nothing else was required. The regular wheel alignment followed. I was charged for the wheel alignment only.

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-img_4868.jpg

What's weird was that the car felt pretty smooth after this, could be an illusion though. The pick up, power, the steering response, the brake bite were all butter smooth. The power delivery was instant. May be the engine was completely warmed up.

One more thing that i had noticed was, that the avg economy was slowly rising up(slower than the usual). They had over inflated the tires ( understood this after crossing a rough patch ). One i get the pressure checked the fuel indication will be back to normal

Starting on the 2nd for a long 1500km drive. Shall update more once we are back from the trip.

Last edited by Amarendranath : 30th September 2014 at 19:37.
Amarendranath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2014, 20:02   #237
BHPian

Nice to see the car back in shape.

Isn't Rs:562 kind of reasonable for the wheel alignment. I think a FNG also charges around the same thing in Hyd. I remember being told that WA would cost around Rs:1000 for my Polo when I gave it for the servicing. I had chosen to get it done outside given their ridiculous cost.

I also observed that you gave your car at the workshop on NH7. Is this better than the one at Jubilee Hills? I have never been to the one at NH7, but the one at JH has very rarely met my expectations.
Old 30th September 2014, 20:33   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Nice to see the car back in shape.
I also observed that you gave your car at the workshop on NH7. Is this better than the one at Jubilee Hills? I have never been to the one at NH7, but the one at JH has very rarely met my expectations.
I'm glad too shifu.

Coming to the workshops. The NH7 one is great for body work related jobs. The gachibowli one is good for technical jobs. I say tis because the NH7 guys fail to remove and adjust the chrome exhaust, whereas the gachbowli guys did it in a jiffy. The technical guy Anwar is very skilled and gets the job done.

Which Jubliee hills one are you talking about. As far as i know, there are only two right? Gachibowli and Kompally(NH7)
Old 30th September 2014, 20:51   #239
BHPian

Thanks for the PM with the contacts! I'll keep this in mind when I visit the workshop next time (2nd year service coming up for my Polo).

Quote:
Which Jubliee hills one are you talking about.
We both are talking about the same one. That place is Khajaguda to be precise.

Last edited by shifu : 30th September 2014 at 20:51. Reason: Grammar!
Old 30th September 2014, 21:19   #240
BHPian

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!

Quote:
Thanks for the PM with the contacts! I'll keep this in mind when I visit the workshop next time (2nd year service coming up for my Polo).
You're welcome, just gimme a call if you need anything. We could also meet up and have a chat

Last edited by Amarendranath : 30th September 2014 at 21:23.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks