Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2014, 17:15   #181
BANNED

Re: Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
Just check with your VW dealer if those screws would work without damaging the exhaust pipes. Mine were simply put over the pipes and tightened into place and haven't budged an inch. If yours don't work, I will check with my guy in Delhi to see if anything else is available for the Jetta which is easier to fit.
+1. Spot-on!

@Amar:

I'd suggest to get them fixed the way Rohan has so even if it needs to be removed, it will be easy and won't have any marks on the OEM silencer pipe.

Anurag.
Old 2nd September 2014, 19:12   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Just check with your VW dealer if those screws would work without damaging the exhaust pipes. Mine were simply put over the pipes and tightened into place and haven't budged an inch. If yours don't work, I will check with my guy in Delhi to see if anything else is available for the Jetta which is easier to fit.
I shall check with the dealer if they can be fitted without altering the OE exhaust. Again, i'm not sure how it is done. All i can see is that they will tightly screw it to the OE exhaust. But on doing this i'm not sure if they will stay in place like yours did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

I'd suggest to get them fixed the way Rohan has so even if it needs to be removed, it will be easy and won't have any marks on the OEM silencer pipe.
Rohan's pipes came along with those connectors as a set. We shall search if such a fitting can be bought for mine. I don't think any of the accessory guys will be willing to give them separately. Join me on Sunday but i guess these guys are closed on Sunday's.

Last edited by Amarendranath : 2nd September 2014 at 19:14.
Old 3rd September 2014, 13:04   #183
BHPian

Got in touch with the CRM for about the exhaust. Apparently the workshop guys had never installed such a thing. So i shall check with the unauthorized dealers. If all else fails. Rohan to the rescue.
Old 3rd September 2014, 14:49   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
Got in touch with the CRM for about the exhaust. Apparently the workshop guys had never installed such a thing. So i shall check with the unauthorized dealers. If all else fails. Rohan to the rescue.
Sure thing sir!

But while you are at it, just check with the local Skoda dealer if they have any stock of the OEM tip for the Laura TDi. They would fit the Jetta.

Word of caution: The TSi tail tip wont fit.

Let us know how it goes!

Rohan
Old 3rd September 2014, 14:59   #185
BHPian

Quote:
This is a simple DIY job... if you are unable to fasten, then simply replace the screw!
Old 3rd September 2014, 15:57   #186
BHPian

Quote:
But while you are at it, just check with the local Skoda dealer if they have any stock of the OEM tip for the Laura TDi. They would fit the Jetta.
This is the one that shall fit for Skoda. Not OEM though. Called up Skoda to find out about the exhaust or at least check with them if they had fitted a chrome exhaust before.

Conversation-

Skoda Rep- Good Afternoon Skoda
Myself- Hi, Can i know how much does the chrome exhaust accessory cost for the Laura. ( Called up the Service station )
skoda Rep- I'm sorry sir we are not authorized to give out such information ( really ? )
Myself - I just want to check the price to proceed with the purchase.
Skoda Rep- Please get your car and we would check and tell you the price.
Myself- Should i get Laura or any Skoda car will do
Skoda Rep- Any car will do sir.
Myself- How will Laura chrome exhaust fit to any car.?
Skoda Rep- The service station guys will tell you saar.

After really pulling her leg of this really confident and independent women, i realize it was pointless talking to her and ask

Myself-Can you please connect me to the Spares?
Skoda Rep- Sir, we do not have access to connect you to spares sir.
Myself- Thank you!

Note- No offense to any Skoda owners. I was just shocked by this funny response and hence sharing the same. Rohan don't kill me man

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
This is a simple DIY job... if you are unable to fasten, then simply replace the screw!
True, but i really wanna avoid rattling issues so a little professional help would give a peace of mind.

Last edited by Amarendranath : 3rd September 2014 at 16:00.
Old 3rd September 2014, 20:56   #187
BHPian

Quote:

Note- No offense to any Skoda owners. I was just shocked by this funny response and hence sharing the same. Rohan don't kill me.

Hahahah. No, I won't. Atleast you now know what we have to deal with!

Best to just walk into the workshop/showroom than call these idiots up.

Rohan

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 3rd September 2014, 22:20   #188
BANNED

Quote:

Best to just walk into the workshop/showroom than call these idiots up.
That will be even worse. They'll go paranoid seeing the car and the request to fit these silencer tips.

Anurag.
Old 3rd September 2014, 22:58   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
That will be even worse. They'll go paranoid seeing the car and the request to fit these silencer tips.
I had my share of fun dealing with her. Her confidence in telling me to get any car. And i'm dead sure ill have to wander for quite some time at the workshop for the exhausts. Doing at the same at some outlet is better.
Old 3rd September 2014, 23:09   #190
BANNED

Quote:
Doing at the same at some outlet is better.
Do wait till tomorrow, let's see how to go about the installation and if time permits we can meet this lady that you spoke over the phone too (If in Hyderabad).

Anurag.
Old 4th September 2014, 20:17   #191
BANNED

UPDATE:

1) Air bag error
2) Tail pipe add-on

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Airbag Error:

A few pages back Amar's Jet had gone through the running oard change which did include removing the door to get it dented and re-painted. Now for this they had removed the doors so the chaps at VW Secunderabad had opened the connectors of the door. They had not run a error check causing the ECU to record fault codes.

Now when the ECU was hooked up, the the door fault codes were seen but the air bag error wasn't visible but they did a main error check and erased all codes found.

After the clean up, the air bag error was not displaying on the instrumentation console! Good ridden! All is well in this angle!

Work was a bit slow since we had landed there at lunch time and one Porsche Carrera S (in Red) had arrived, I guess for servicing so most of the service executives were busy clicking pictures of it!

Here's one by Amar:

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-img20140904wa0014.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------

2) Tail Pipe Add-on:

While we were on the error clean-up job, we did speak to another guy there for checking out the possibility to fit these tail pipes ends onto the OEM one without any tampering / welding / drilling. He cooly said "No problem Sir, I'll fit it without any tampering!"

The car was put on a ramp and lifted till eye level so working is easier. Once lifted the screws on the tail pipe (read as accessory) were made loose and slid into the silencer till the desired position and it was tightened to fix it tight!

Same as I had suggested a few posts back: Quoting my own post!

Quote:
Since the head of the screw is flat it will either be tightened hard against the silence so it is pressed-stuck onto it OR similar sized holes would be made so that these two screws would sit in.
After he fit it, I asked him about its stability and the possibility of falling-off / rattling? He was pretty sure that there will be no problem at all unless there is an impact by rear ending or sorts. We were relieved listening to that assurance from him.

All our thoughts on how to fit the tail pipes (which can be read from a few posts back) were put to rest.

All I could see was Amar grinning from end-to-end (Just like the smiley!).

Now here are some pictures post installation:

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-20140904_154322.jpg

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-20140904_154436.jpg

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-20140904_154417.jpg

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-20140904_160656.jpg

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-20140904_160707.jpg

With both the issues sorted we left the ASC for our respective work-homes!

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 21:10   #192
BHPian

Quote:
1) Air bag error
2) Tail pipe add-on[/b]

After the clean up, the air bag error was not displaying on the instrumentation console! Good ridden! All is well in this angle!
I guess for servicing so most of the service executives were busy clicking pictures of it!
He cooly said "No problem Sir, I'll fit it without any tampering!" He was pretty sure that there will be no problem at all unless there is an impact by rear ending or sorts.
All I could see was Amar grinning from end-to-end (Just like the smiley!).
Thanks a ton! i definitely wouldn't have written it so clearly. Laziness my friend is all upon me. I feel the exhaust is protruding a more than usual ? Lets change it a little. Thanks to the VW technician Anvar, He was prompt and did the job without any fuss. They didn't make us wait for anything. ( except for when they were out for lunch) He promised me to check the ICE manufacturer the next time. And yes the Carrera exhaust sound was lovely. The Service guys were all over the car.

Last edited by Amarendranath : 4th September 2014 at 21:11.
Old 4th September 2014, 22:00   #193
BANNED

One thing that I forgot to mention in my earlier post is on the car itself!

Amar, is a pure detailing freak and I am shocked (seriously) see his car like that. (No offence buddy). It is not washed since ages. You can't rest against it, dress would spoil.

Quote:
Laziness my friend is all upon me.
I can see the laziness in full. Clean that car will ya?!

Quote:
I feel the exhaust is protruding a more than usual ? Lets change it a little.
We can do it on Sunday!

Quote:
He promised me to check the ICE manufacturer the next time.
Why not ask your Skoda lady whom you spoke to yesterday?!

Anurag.
Old 4th September 2014, 22:47   #194
BHPian

Oi! Enough with the Skoda jokes!

Tips looking good amar. Just push them back a little bit. Seem to be protruding more by just a cm or two than the ideal fitment.

And I shall refrain from comments on the dirt and muck. Yet to clean the tips on the laura!

Drive safe.
Rohan

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 4th September 2014, 23:08   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Amar, is a pure detailing freak and I am shocked (seriously) see his car like that. (No offence buddy). It is not washed since ages. You can't rest against it, dress would spoil. I can see the laziness in full. Clean that car will ya?!
The long sick leave from work really has it effects. Been so busy lately, the regular routine going for a toss. The car shall shall glitter soon

Quote:
Why not ask your Skoda lady whom you spoke to yesterday?!
Quote:
Oi! Enough with the Skoda jokes!
The skoda Lady and the ICE , would be an interesting conversation.

Quote:
Tips looking good Amar. Just push them back a little bit. Seem to be protruding more by just a cm or two than the ideal fitment.
Yup! i wish i realized that in the workshop itself. I shall do it myself or get it changed during the oil change.

Last edited by Amarendranath : 4th September 2014 at 23:27.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks