Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2014, 18:06   #166
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post

I thought that the running board was a separate piece. But i noticed the below at the workshop and they informed us that the piece was cut from this particular part. ?

Below is the part that was cut from the JET

Do you remember that this is what I had told you. They will cut it from another new donor panel and then use that in your car.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 18:45   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Had a beautiful weekend, why you ask? Adi had gifted me two very useful accessories for the JET. Thanks buddy! Both of them were on my checklist. However i will try the USB if the 'Aventador' plan doesn't workout.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Waiting for the pics post installing the steel exhaust.
You know, every time I see the dual exhaust tips I've wished they were finished in chrome/steel. Always skirted that thought though.

USB is always nice to have, but SD cards and Bluetooth get the job done just fine. Even so, may I ask how much these cost? Might be that I'm interested in getting them for the gaadi too
Old 1st September 2014, 19:52   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Do get the Airbag thing checked and solved ASAP! You never know what's the next surprise!
Looks like this week also have to give it a skip. If i get time shall get it rectified.

Quote:
Shall visit you soon!
Sure buddy. Anytime, just a call away.

Quote:
Waiting for the pics post installing the steel exhaust. Should be good since the contrast is high so won't harm the eye. Just be sure it doesn't fall-off!.Shall visit you soon!
Exactly. I have no patience here! I would just place it on there and post pics for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Do you remember that this is what I had told you. They will cut it from another new donor panel and then use that in your car.
True! i just read your posts once again. It didn't hit me till you quoted this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
You know, every time I see the dual exhaust tips I've wished they were finished in chrome/steel. Always skirted that thought though.
May be once i post the pics you can decide. I wanted an exhaust in carbon Fiber ( paint/ material or whatever) but couldn't find it at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
USB is always nice to have, but SD cards and Bluetooth get the job done just fine. Even so, may I ask how much these cost? Might be that I'm interested in getting them for the gaadi too
I'm looking forward to the flip open USB that i had shown earlier. If that doesn't fit the ICE in Jet, this would be a pleasure to use. The price Adi shall tell you the price. Its a gift you see

Last edited by Amarendranath : 1st September 2014 at 19:54.
Old 2nd September 2014, 09:03   #169
BHPian

That solid chrome twin exhaust would look sweeeet! Is this an OE accessory?
Old 2nd September 2014, 12:17   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
That solid chrome twin exhaust would look sweeeet! Is this an OE accessory?
I totally agree! Nope, it an after market fitment.
Old 2nd September 2014, 12:42   #171
BHPian

Quote:
I totally agree! Nope, it an after market fitment.
I have the same after market ones put on my Laura. After 2 and half years of use, portions of it have gone black and it takes a good half hour of scrubbing and use of a toothbrush to get it back to its original gleaming self. Once done, the shine lasts for 2-3 weeks only.

Let me know if you want the installed pictures of the same. Will go to the parking during lunch and get them for you. Mind you it rained on Sunday and the tips aren't exactly clean!

Cheers
Rohan
Old 2nd September 2014, 13:23   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
After 2 and half years of use, portions of it have gone black and it takes a good half hour of scrubbing and use of a toothbrush to get it back to its original gleaming self. Once done, the shine lasts for 2-3 weeks only. Let me know if you want the installed pictures of the same. Will go to the parking during lunch and get them for you. Mind you it rained on Sunday and the tips aren't exactly clean!
Please do post the pics. That'e the thing with these exhausts, maintaining them is a pain. At least they look a tad better ( even in their worst state )than the stock ones. How did you install them ? An inch away from the original pipes or ?

Last edited by Amarendranath : 2nd September 2014 at 13:24.
Old 2nd September 2014, 14:28   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Please do post the pics. That'e the thing with these exhausts, maintaining them is a pain. At least they look a tad better ( even in their worst state )than the stock ones. How did you install them ? An inch away from the original pipes or ?

Here are the pics.

From behind
Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1409648230.971154.jpg

From side
Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1409648252.487850.jpg

From below the pipes.
Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1409648268.958329.jpg

Installation was done by the shop I picked them up from. Hopefully you should be able to figure it out from the pics.

Rohan

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
RohanDheman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2014, 15:53   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Here are the pics.
Installation was done by the shop I picked them up from. Hopefully you should be able to figure it out from the pics.
Woah! i didn't expect this when you said dirty.

The ones that i have have different screws. The workshop guys or any other car outlet people can help me with the installation. Shall check, get them installed and post pics.
Old 2nd September 2014, 15:56   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Woah! i didn't expect this when you said dirty.

The ones that i have have different screws. The workshop guys or any other car outlet people can help me with the installation. Shall check, get them installed and post pics.
Ha ha! told you so!

But this is the condition after 2 and half years of use and the car not having been cleaned for nearly 3 days (specially after the rains on sunday). Time to take out the weapons and micro fibers!

I am still looking for Skoda OEM ones for the Laura but haven't had any luck!

Rohan
Old 2nd September 2014, 15:59   #176
BANNED

Quote:
You need to clean those exhausts Man!

Do these rattle with those screws that are holding them?

Quote:
What screws does your thing have?

Anurag.
Old 2nd September 2014, 16:09   #177
BHPian

Quote:
You need to clean those exhausts Man!

Anurag.
Yes sir I know I do.
Not a single rattle in 2 and half years. Never had to visit to the shop to get the screw tightened or adjusted in any manner. Installation was done in 10 minutes.

Rohan
Old 2nd September 2014, 16:40   #178
BHPian

Quote:
But this is the condition after 2 and half years of use and the car not having been cleaned for nearly 3 days (specially after the rains on sunday). Time to take out the weapons and micro fibers!
I am still looking for Skoda OEM ones for the Laura but haven't had any luck!
What all products you plan to use for this? There are metal polishes that really protect the material from such grease and dirt. Have you tried skodateile.cz it has only OEM parts.

Quote:
What screws does your thing have?
Mine are as below. No clue how will the accessory guys fix them

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-img20140902wa0015.jpg

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-img20140902wa0016.jpg
Old 2nd September 2014, 16:45   #179
BANNED

Quote:
Mine are as below. No clue how will the accessory guys fix them
Since the head of the screw is flat it will either be tightened hard against the silence so it is pressed-stuck onto it OR similar sized holes would be made so that these two screws would sit in.

Anurag.
Old 2nd September 2014, 17:04   #180
BHPian

Quote:
What all products you plan to use for this? There are metal polishes that really protect the material from such grease and dirt. Have you tried skodateile.cz it has only OEM parts.
Havent tried skodateile.cz. Will look it up.

Noida water is really really bad and a friend who manufacturers bath fittings gave me a solution (to clean and polish the fittings) that seems to work on the tip without affecting the finish. This has worked twice previously but there weren't this dirty.

looked outside the window and its raining again! out go plans to clean them today.

Will clean it with warm water and a tooth brush first since mine have a slight mesh on the inside and there is dirt accumulated in those.

If all fails, 3M Delhi owner is a very dear friend, and I shall ask him to do the needful.

Just check with your VW dealer if those screws would work without damaging the exhaust pipes. Mine were simply put over the pipes and tightened into place and haven't budged an inch. If yours don't work, I will check with my guy in Delhi to see if anything else is available for the Jetta which is easier to fit.

Rohan

Last edited by RohanDheman : 2nd September 2014 at 17:06.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks