Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2017, 23:13   #646
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj981 View Post
I'm on the flight to Boston currently
Have fun in Boston . I so love that city. Spent 2 amazing years there.

Quote:
The only thing that doesn't seem right is that it was a demo car and has run 6500 kms
Sorry, was just running some quick searches for you & didn't go into that ad's detail. No, no, no - demo cars are an absolute NO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
I am looking for the same! Just called Amit today (Quick car) And told him i need a 530d, He said i missed a lovely almost new one by a couple of days only, Went for 45 lac's, I am waiting for him to buzz me with a happy news probably.
Set up a google alert for "used BMW 530d" in Mumbai. You'll be amazed at the results. Also check out Harish's car (link in my previous post) & include OLX in your search. Good luck. Any questions or doubts, just fire away here and I'll be happy to answer.

Last edited by GTO : 27th February 2017 at 23:16.
Old 27th February 2017, 23:35   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeepm777 View Post
So finally decided to remap my E60 530d Highline after 7 years & 22000 kms on the odometer. Got the remap from Pete's & it's now close to 600NM & 280 + bhp. The transformation is unbelievable.In DS ithe torque is neck snapping & its feels like a different beast all together. Even in D mode it's a good shove in the backside which puts a big smile on one's face.Wish I had done it earlier. Was thinking on upgrading to the upcoming 530d but looks like I'll be sticking with this one.

Done only 22000 km so far in 7 years with the only upgrades being having the navigation professional upgrade & installing a tune2air WMA 3000b Bluetooth adapter for music streaming. The remap truly brings a new meaning to the word joy. Some satisfying pictures after The polishing job done at home. Now looking to change the Dunlop RFT's with non RFT's Michelin PS3 all around for a softer ride.
Beautifully maintained ride. Please hit me up when you do decide to part with it.
Old 27th February 2017, 23:44   #648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Set up a google alert for "used BMW 530d" in Mumbai. You'll be amazed at the results. Also check out Harish's car (link in my previous post) & include OLX in your search. Good luck. Any questions or doubts, just fire away here and I'll be happy to answer.
Indeed i have done that, Going to check a 2014 one tomorrow, 360 inspection for the car is already done from navnit for it and the biggest plus being its a MH 01 registered car, Unfortunately the one on the OLX is registered in Nasik and again getting it registered in Mumbai will cost a bit which will take the cost a bit more higher, Though its really tempting along with the 5 year BSI.

Ill surely ping you for help, Please let me trouble you a bit during this car purchase of mine
Old 28th February 2017, 08:22   #649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokztar View Post
Beautifully maintained ride. Please hit me up when you do decide to part with it.

Thanks for appreciating.
Changed the tyres yesterday to Michelin Pilot Sport 3 ST. 245 40 ZR18.The ride quality has improved dramatically.My 7 year old Dunlop RFT's had really hardened up.
Got a good price on them as well.
The Joy is back!
Sandeepm777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2017, 17:15   #650
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ill surely ping you for help, Please let me trouble you a bit during this car purchase of mine
If I can help in any way at all, please reach out.

1. Be sure to pick a car that still has active warranty coverage. Reason = you can then extend it to 6 years.

2. Bargain hard. Limited customers in the market due to demonetisation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeepm777 View Post
The Joy is back!
Dude, your car looks as good as new! Very well maintained, I must say. Would agree on keeping it and not upgrading to an F10. After all, the E60 is a sharper handler & has a nicer steering.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th February 2017, 22:59   #651
BHPian

Reached Boston and already at the clients place. On the in-flight internet got the news of the new E class launch. Seems like the old E Class will continue and there will also be the LWB variant if my understanding is correct. Also the LWB will be manufactured in India. Modi effect has finally translated to some marquee brands.

Anyways, on the 530d purchase I will pursue the 6,500 km car. My cousin is getting some more details on the same so hope I get something to share soon.

On a side note guys, what's a good number to close the 2017 manufactured F10 530d. Discounts are being thrown in left right and center so will try my luck!!!

PS: I generally sleep on long haulers but this time was just going about the car purchase decision on a continuous loop :(

Last edited by moralfibre : 1st March 2017 at 10:50. Reason: Typo
raj981 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 06:38   #652
BHPian

Took her to the longest and technical Go Kart track in Bangalore and she was 12 Seconds off my time on the rotax with three people onboard.
Not bad for such a heavy car.
With stiffer springs and finding a way to kill off traction completely, would be able to shave off a few seconds.
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-img_5389.png  

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-img_5390.png  

#enzowho is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2017, 17:27   #653
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by #enzowho View Post
Took her to the longest and technical Go Kart track in Bangalore and she was 12 Seconds off my time on the rotax with three people onboard.
Not bad for such a heavy car.
Fantastic! Am sure she'll do better with only a driver onboard & newer tyres.

That said, such a heavy, powerful car is probably more suited to the likes of the Buddh than a track like this.

Quote:
Seems like the old E Class will continue
It can't. Being discontinued globally.

Quote:
Anyways, on the 530d purchase I will pursue the 6,500 km car
In case you missed the posts above, we do NOT recommend test-drive cars .
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2017, 13:07   #654
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
but even the center of the cabin (driver armrest console or driver's seat?).
Turns out, this annoying rattle isn't the car's fault. It is the DEALERS! Last night, we'd gone out for dinner. On the way back, with someone else driving, I decided to analyse where the rattle is coming from.

It's from the driver headrest! I'd earlier posted on the thread that Navnit had removed it for repair (a part of the material was damaged by my staff). They didn't fit it back correctly.

Night time is the best time to take her out. She is something else on empty Bombay roads:
BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-20170303-23.13.31.jpg
GTO is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 16:57   #655
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Spent a lot of time with the new E350 CDI last weekend. The E-Class blows the 5-Series away in terms of space, features (l-e-v-e-l-s above even the 530d), ride quality & rear seat luxury. There is absolutely no contest - it's simply unreal how far ahead Mercedes has taken the game. The styling is wow and the cabin feels like a 7-star hotel suite. The new Mercedes is a game-changer in the 50 - 80 lakh segment. I predict she's going to outsell the 5-Series & A6 combined (unless the latter two resort to heavier discounting).

Yet, when it comes to driving pleasure, the 530d is still king. The way that the inline-6 revvs (like a petrol!), the aggressive downshifts allowed by the gearbox (Mercedes is comparatively conservative), the wicked engine sound at high revvs, the feel of the steering and the overall 'maniac' nature - you don't see any of that in the relaxed & comfortable E350. Limousine-like wheelbase doesn't help in this area either.

For a chauffeur-driven owner who will also drive himself sometimes, the E-Class is a no brainer. It's a waaaaay superior family car. For a purely self-driven enthusiast, it's the 530d. The E-Class is clean & polished like Aamir Khan; the 530d is more like Salman Khan:
BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-dsc09202.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 14th March 2017 at 17:02.
GTO is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 18:23   #656
BHPian

Quote:
For a chauffeur-driven owner who will also drive himself sometimes, the E-Class is a no brainer. It's a waaaaay superior family car. For a purely self-driven enthusiast, it's the 530d.
Thank you, was looking for a feedback from someone who owns a BMW 530d to compare it with the new Mercedes E class and you summed it up well, though I don't exactly agree with the khans comparison

I hope there is a team-bhp review coming through as well.

I should be in the market (hopefully) by the time its facelift comes, probably in 2 years and I can see this car ironing its first feedback cycle for the Indian market by that time.

Also, in my opinion Mercedes is pulling through this luxury market race ahead of its competitors holistically.

A company's long term commitment to a market along with providing the necessary ecosystem for making the customers feel home is far more important than releasing a fantastic product and not following it through.

Edit: Meanwhile, my current Elantra is doing just fine serving me in last 2 years without a single problem. I did not have to pay more for 'peace of mind' Toyota Corolla and get lesser features and safety. Anyway, I'm not generalising.

Last edited by petrolveins : 14th March 2017 at 18:38. Reason: Added about my current car for more info.
petrolveins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 20:34   #657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For a chauffeur-driven owner who will also drive himself sometimes, the E-Class is a no brainer. It's a waaaaay superior family car. For a purely self-driven enthusiast, it's the 530d. The E-Class is clean & polished like Aamir Khan; the 530d is more like Salman Khan:
Thank you for such a lovely pic, The salman khan statement totally sums it up well in short, Both the car's standing next to each other, From the front view, I would still pick the 530d M sport over the E, Look at the muscles and the lines on the bonnet! I don't see this car going dated in terms of looks for many more years to come!
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 20:41   #658
Distinguished - BHPian

Loved the way you put it GTO. MB does come up with cars that appeal to people that place comfort first.

If it were up to my heart I'd take the 530D or any muscular 5 series. It takes me back to my days with the 535i in the UK.

I really like the new styling on the E Class and other new MB models. Reason? Other than beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder I guess I am getting old

Last edited by R2D2 : 14th March 2017 at 20:42.
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 21:35   #659
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolveins View Post
I hope there is a team-bhp review coming through as well.
Should be up in ~2 weeks.

Quote:
I should be in the market (hopefully) by the time its facelift comes
To 9 out of 10 people who ask me, I'll recommend this LWB (long wheelbase) E-Class over the 5-Series. However, to that one crazy petrolhead, it'll always be the 530d. She makes you smile behind the wheel in a way that the E-Class cannot.

On the other hand, the E-Class is a superb all-rounder, feels more special inside and will perform the role of a family luxury car far better than the terribly cramped 5-Series. I'm hearing the next-gen 5 isn't spacious either. In terms of sales & market share, the next-gen 5-Series has lost out even before its launch!!! That's how much of a game-changer the E-Class is. It's 85% of an S-Class at 50% of the money.

Quote:
probably in 2 years and I can see this car ironing its first feedback cycle for the Indian market by that time.
That's a good timeline; avoid fresh German launches and buy them only once the initial niggles have been sorted out.

Quote:
Also, in my opinion Mercedes is pulling through this luxury market race ahead of its competitors holistically.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
I really like the new styling on the E Class and other new MB models.
Globally, they are the no.1. Quite fascinating how the company turned itself around. From a boring old man's brand to something fresh & sexy.

Quote:
A company's long term commitment to a market along with providing the necessary ecosystem for making the customers feel home is far more important than releasing a fantastic product and not following it through.
I can tell you from first-hand experience that the after-sales of Mercedes is a full level above BMW's. On the flip side, BMW's reliability is a level above that of Mercedes.

Quote:
From the front view, I would still pick the 530d M sport over the E, Look at the muscles and the lines on the bonnet! I don't see this car going dated in terms of looks for many more years to come!
Agreed. It's a classic design. I find myself admiring it so often over a cigarette (say, when I step out from a restaurant for a smoke). It's truly a timeless body. Clean, classy, well sculpted.

Last edited by GTO : 14th March 2017 at 21:38.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 21:50   #660
Distinguished - BHPian

I think the best way to sum up this debate between Mercedes and BMW is that you own a Mercedes but you live a BMW. If that sentiment makes sense to you then you will not look elsewhere from a bimmer. Apologies for sounding fan boyish but it is called JOY for a reason!
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks