Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2007, 11:40   #61

based in royapettah!!!...taking a TD at VST tomorrow...
Old 12th July 2007, 16:55   #62
Senior - BHPian

Just look at the profile.... its a small nimble sports car... no wonder they call it "sports"

Last edited by extreme_torque : 12th July 2007 at 17:02.
Old 12th July 2007, 23:18   #63
Team-BHP Support

I went to TATA- FIAT showroom yesterday.

And am confused!

1. When i asked for immobiliser in 1.6, they said the keys that they have are the two spare keys that come with the car, and another one is there with immobiliser! How come the car started then!

2. I asked about leather steering in Palio 1.1, and they said its available in 1.6 only. And the 1.6 present there didnt have it. (and our members didnt get it too)

3. The car looks real good. My mom loved the headlamps. Was saying that it looked like a diamond.

TATA and FIAT seem pretty confused at what they want to sell.
Old 22nd July 2007, 22:33   #64
Senior - BHPian

went to concorde in chennai again to collect my RC book (hmm getting it after doing 3k kms luckily wasnt pulled over by cops till then :P) and noticed they had a 1.1 stile inside the showroom for demo. till now there was no sign at all that they were dealing with fiat cars so glad things are improving

@crazy driver, theres no immobilizer for the 1.6
Old 5th September 2007, 22:24   #65
Senior - BHPian

i guess a few of you on the forum would have seen my posts in other threads that my car was in the workshop. just got the car delivered late today evening. am not all that impressed and will go into it in detail tomorrow morning once i get a good look at the work done.

Last edited by bottle : 5th September 2007 at 22:26.
Old 6th September 2007, 09:51   #66
Senior - BHPian

bottle, good to know that you got her back. You are not impressed ? Means they did not do the accident repair properly ? Sit on them and get it done right - its a brand new car and a shoddy job won't do.
Old 6th September 2007, 12:45   #67
BHPian

The car looks nice and sporty in red colour.
Old 6th September 2007, 15:08   #68
BHPian

Good that you got the car back - but sad that the work wasn't to your satisfaction... Looking forward to the full report.
Old 6th September 2007, 23:50   #69
Senior - BHPian

what happened in the last month..

car given in august 2nd for tinkering work and repairs. got a call a week later , repairs not possible door needs to be replaced. ok fine i also preffered to get a new door.. another week goes by - concorde says no parts still

august 20th, sent a mail to fiat based on inputs from forum (thingummy thanks) told them about how sick i was of waiting this long and still not getting parts. get a reply in 10 mins from mangesh i think that hes on it.by few days later during the weekend dad called concorde and he said he thinks doors come .. dad got irritated by the 'i think ' part and didnt talk anything after that.

a week later and after subsequent calls car was finally ready for delivery on september 3rd but was busy so only went y'day sep5th to collect.

initially they had received the wrong door but when the concorde svc engineer contacted fiat, mangesh said that it was his mistake and sent a new door in 3 days flat (i was told all this during delivery of car)

guess keeping fiat in the loop really helps

Last edited by bottle : 7th September 2007 at 00:07.
Old 6th September 2007, 23:57   #70
Senior - BHPian

delivery report :

had gone to get delivery at 4pm , paintwork looked decent enough but was distracted by a round mark on the bonnet. so called the attention of the service engineer to it and he promised to touch it up

it looked like a paint drop but i guess it was a scratch since it was flush with rest of surface but was rough to touch.

also interiors were a totall mess so the engineer said he would ask someone to wash the seats too.

i was promised delivery in an hour but it stretch to 3 or 4 hours .. left at 8pm and it was dark so couldnt see anything. had gone to the bay and told them to fix one moulding on the roof that they had forgotten and probably wouldnt have done had i not pointed it out. took them 5 mins to find it ( was in boot in the end)

left there in a not so good mood after twiddling my thumbs for 4hours but was great to drive the car after so long '

came home and it was too dark to see anything so left inspection for morning.. morning i found one small patch of scratches on bonnet which i am sure was not there prev day.. there were a lot of paint stains on rear right door and the front right door would not unlock using key

in addition to paint stains on rear right door the top metal strip above window on same door had very bad paint finish.. looked matt and rough to touch and bubbly
Old 7th September 2007, 00:05   #71
Senior - BHPian

(contd from above post)

so had to take it back to concorde.. had a meeting at clients place in the morning so could only make it at 1pm.. to hear from concorde svc engineer 'saar lunch time' so i guess nothing would happen for an hour. anyways showed him everything.. he gave some flimsy reason that metal is rough and thats why paint wont be good in that part and also its a cirve bla bla :|

anyway he called the other engineer from the paint shop bay and told me to explain what i wanted fixed. before all left for lunch.. the svc engineer from the body shop said its ok all minor issues dont worry will fix it

so went for lunch and came back and around 2:30 i saw that work still hadnt started on car :( kept going into the service bay to check and was the only one to do that hehe

anyways went back to lounge and waited for another hour.. and went back. both front desk service engr and body shop exec were there and told me that lock was fixed and bonnet touched up .. and they were going to repaint the whole rear door all over again.. that surprised me seriously.

that took an hour or so was done in the paint booth, and later i saw the finish was really good almost to factory finish and i was a happy camper. had i known i would have asked front door repaint also but that wasnt as bad as rear door so left it

so finally the work was done and while its not 100% its decent enough.

you really have to keep prodding tata guys a lot before you get the work done to your satisfaction i guess

Last edited by bottle : 7th September 2007 at 00:10.
Old 7th September 2007, 07:32   #72
BHPian

wow! These guys seem to have put you through some serious hell. My experience with Manipal in Bangalore was much better. All through the service period, they had the drivers seat and steering wheel covered in plastic to avoid stains, when the parts were available service was super fast - overall very happy with Manipal.

What i can't come to terms with is this "wrong part" thing. FIAT seems to have a really mucked up ordering system - my car repairs involved delivery of three parts, and not one of them was dispatched correctly from Pune. So first there was the delay that the parts weren't locally available, and then each time the part of some other model would be dispatched (for instance, in my case they dispatched the retro 1.6, 1.1 stile and adventure's parts) taking additional time for the correction. Isn't that a pretty basic thing - having the right part numbers at all their dealers, so the correct parts are ordered. Mangesh is fantastic with his response, but he is very reactive. Fixing the ordering mechanism would streamline things a lot more i think.

Anyways - good that you have your car back buddy! Having left mine at the service center for 3 weeks, i know what it feels like to get it back!!
Old 11th September 2007, 14:55   #73
BHPian

Very Poor FE

Hey Guys,

Getting very poor FE on my 1.6 stile avg between 6.5-8 kmpl, that too on comparatively empty roads in Gurgaon. Have changed bunks too..bt app its a car problem.

Going in for my first service within a week - what could be the problem ..I believe FE should be abt 10 in GGN...and Im ok with that.

Also, which is the best svc center for the 1.6 in the Ggn/NCR area ?

Need this info urgently...
Old 11th September 2007, 17:31   #74
Senior - BHPian

depends on your driving style also keep the revs low . i find mileage worsens in bad traffic situations. also it looks like your car is new. try waiting till 1.5k or 2k kms and it will improve once its run in. for the first time i got 8 also but then it improved to 9 and now and getting 9.5 -10 in city driving about 40kms a day in pretty much free flowing city traffic.
Old 22nd April 2008, 20:16   #75
Senior - BHPian

long time since i updated this thread, got myself a minor upgrade. michelin xm1+ 185/60 r14. wanted to get pp2 but it was not in stock. purchased from tyre store for 16k after 3.5k buyback for old tyres.

Got my Fiat Palio Stile 1.6. EDIT : 58k done-p1010004-large.jpg

Got my Fiat Palio Stile 1.6. EDIT : 58k done-p1010006-large.jpg

Got my Fiat Palio Stile 1.6. EDIT : 58k done-p1010009-large.jpg

Got my Fiat Palio Stile 1.6. EDIT : 58k done-p1010010-large.jpg

Most Viewed