Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2007, 13:20   #136
BHPian

My second FE result - more realistic this time : 14.5
50% City, 60-70% AC on.

Only problem till date is left wiper is not cleaning properly. Probably a bend somehwhere. But thankfully it is left and not right. Given car for 1st servicing today. Guys there seemed more interested in selling me rear reverse mirror, underbody treatment etc. I hope they do a good job in whatever they are supposed to do in first servicing. I guess they just inspect and clean it.
Old 21st August 2007, 18:20   #137
Senior - BHPian

@Radek
Thats good average. That should increase to 15.5 to 16 after 5K km run.

Bhpians: checkout Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power for break in secrets. Do you think thats correct info for breakin?
Till date i was thinking the best way to keep the car running trouble free is to drive according to manufacturers recommendation for first 1000Kms.
Old 22nd August 2007, 09:49   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
@Radek
Bhpians: checkout Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power for break in secrets. Do you think thats correct info for breakin?
I think this is one of the most controversial subject which has been discussed on multiple forums.

Chevy manual has a short para on running in. It just says take lightly and don't race till first few hundred kilometers. Don't break hard unless emergency etc. I think that is what we all do for entirely diffierent reason. We are getting used to the new car. It takes some time to get used to clutch, break, steeting, seating position and even mirrors.

After first few days I started driving with 70-80km/hr speed. But avoided sudden changes like 5th to 3rd suddenly for taking over another vehicle.

I did same thing with my last car, ALto. Now after nearly 6 years and 95000 KM there are no problems with the engine.
Old 24th August 2007, 02:57   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by radek View Post
My second FE result - more realistic this time : 14.5
50% City, 60-70% AC on.

Only problem till date is left wiper is not cleaning properly. Probably a bend somehwhere. But thankfully it is left and not right. Given car for 1st servicing today. Guys there seemed more interested in selling me rear reverse mirror, underbody treatment etc. I hope they do a good job in whatever they are supposed to do in first servicing. I guess they just inspect and clean it.
Service?? 1000 kms up so soon.. thats real quick

Nimz
Old 24th August 2007, 11:53   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
Service?? 1000 kms up so soon.. thats real quick

Nimz
@Nimz, I drive 60Km/day on weekdays. It is pleasure to drive this distance in Spark. So smooth.
Old 24th August 2007, 13:57   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@Nimz, I drive 60Km/day on weekdays. It is pleasure to drive this distance in Spark. So smooth.
60km a day in pune? from where to where dude? Pashan to Hadapsar?
Old 24th August 2007, 15:04   #142

congrats for the new car. we are also plannig to buy one. can you give me some details as to where did u take it. and we are little confused between santro xing and Chevrolet spark. Anny comments are invited .
thanks in advance
Old 24th August 2007, 15:12   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
60km a day in pune? from where to where dude? Pashan to Hadapsar?
Not West to East, I go South to North-West. From Satara road (Padmawati) to Hinjewadi via Katraj,Chandni Chowk. It takes around 50 min in morning and 1.25 hour in evening. I badly need ICE installed. Just waiting for my saving account to show some balance.

@Nimz, I am also waiting to see what you install in your car. I am coming to Bangy sometime next month to see your ICE installation.
Old 24th August 2007, 15:35   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavs_sam View Post
.. and we are little confused between santro xing and Chevrolet spark. Anny comments are invited .
thanks in advance
@lavs_sam: Difficult to say, as I did not compare. Both me and Nimz were looking at Palio, U-VA and Sprak. My reason for not considering Santro was just that every other car on road is Santro (no logic there). Nimz, probably, has some allergy with Koreans (But he is ok with car born in korea). So, you see, we never did this comparision before buying.

But I did compare after buying with my friend's Santro who booked for new car at the same time. I think Spark is much better in handling, it is more quiet. Santro has better gear shift than Spark. It is believed that hyundai A.S.S. should be better than GM. I am also having feeling that spark pick-up is better than Wagon-R and Santro. But the specs says it should not.
Old 24th August 2007, 17:03   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not West to East, I go South to North-West. From Satara road (Padmawati) to Hinjewadi via Katraj,Chandni Chowk. It takes around 50 min in morning and 1.25 hour in evening. I badly need ICE installed. Just waiting for my saving account to show some balance.

@Nimz, I am also waiting to see what you install in your car. I am coming to Bangy sometime next month to see your ICE installation.
wow! 60kms in 50mins! Heard traffic conditions are bad in Pune and still you manage this timings?
Old 24th August 2007, 17:23   #146
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
wow! 60kms in 50mins! Heard traffic conditions are bad in Pune and still you manage this timings?
I think he mentioned 60 Kms/day and not 60 Kms one way. so that makes 30 Kms in 50 mins while going and 30 Kms in 1.25 hours while returning.
Old 24th August 2007, 17:45   #147
BHPian

Thats a decent FE considering the traffic conditions in pune..
Old 24th August 2007, 18:22   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
I think he mentioned 60 Kms/day and not 60 Kms one way. so that makes 30 Kms in 50 mins while going and 30 Kms in 1.25 hours while returning.
Yes, this is correct. Out of this 20-22Km is good road, part of GQ, but crowded. If not for the jams near Hinjewadi, this distance can be travelled much faster
Old 25th August 2007, 02:36   #149
BHPian

Quote:
COmpletely agree there Radek.. love driving it. Now at my hometown and driving the Xeta and wishing every moment it was Sparky considering the relative lack of traffic here..

@ Sam - Radek has pretty much summed up what I went through too..

I also checked out a friends Santro and he too checked out mine.. in fact he drove part of the way to Shivasamudram. I drove his car for a short distance inside the city.

His observations abt Spark- Smooth gear shift (I really dont know but he feels this though ACI says otherwise). Clutch pedal seems recessed. Driveability is better (this was on the highway). A/C is damn good but loud (I attribute this to the quiet engine ).

Mine about his Santro - Lack of response in higher revs. I find Spark smoother in operation. Thats all as it was a short drive.

Well Santros are dime a dozen and there have been quite a few posts about reliability issues on this forum itself which kinda ties in with what I have learnt about Korean companies hence I did not really consider a Santro. And yes I also feel the pick up in Spark is better than most other cars in this segment though the specs say otherwise..

Anything else feel free..

@ Radek - ICE ICE..well am waiting for you... will keep you posted.. me and EMD are breaking our heads on this.. you sure welcome anytime you are in Bangy..

Nimz
Old 25th August 2007, 10:23   #150
BHPian

can this be true???

this was on the news paper, can this be true???
http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Repos.../Ad0340310.png
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks