Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2007, 14:10   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatMyDust View Post
@djay:

What are the OR prices at sundy for sparky PS, LS, LT?
How much are they asking for the 3 Yr free Servicing option?
@EMD
If i remember correctly, PS is at 3.91 On Road, LS - 4.23 and LT at 4.57.
They are offering 20k cash discount for me.
So my onroad price will come down to 4.57-0.2-0.18 =~4.2 lacs for LT

I dont know abt 3 year free service. They offering at extra cost?
Old 7th August 2007, 15:09   #107
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-X5 View Post
GM has launched sparky in smaller town like Perinthalmanna two months back and not in Trivandrum !!!
I have test driven a sparky 2 months back when i was at my home town, from German Motors Perinthalmanna.

Then whats with trivandrum showroom. Do you guys think we should write to GM or something?
Old 7th August 2007, 16:18   #108
BHPian

@djay: 1 Years free servicing (labour only) will be there already.

But the engine oil, brake oil changing etc. will be charged. I have the UVA, the cost for this svc parts package is 8.8K for UVA they told me. I havent gone for this option yet FYI.

I was wondering how much its for sparky. Maybe you may need to ask fellow bhpians if this is worth going for. And also if the price they ask is reasonable.

Good deal, I'd say... Btw, why this -0.18 ??? You've charmed sundy salesgirls or what?

Last edited by EatMyDust : 7th August 2007 at 16:35.
Old 7th August 2007, 18:00   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatMyDust View Post
@djay: 1 Years free servicing (labour only) will be there already.

But the engine oil, brake oil changing etc. will be charged. I have the UVA, the cost for this svc parts package is 8.8K for UVA they told me. I havent gone for this option yet FYI.

I was wondering how much its for sparky. Maybe you may need to ask fellow bhpians if this is worth going for. And also if the price they ask is reasonable.

Good deal, I'd say... Btw, why this -0.18 ??? You've charmed sundy salesgirls or what?
@EMD
I think service package is applicable to UVA and sparky by default. We need not pay extra 8.8K
At the end of 3 years, acc to standard service schedule, total cost of maintenance should come around 8.8K. Thats what GM is trying to tell customers.

Sundy doesnot have charming sales girls man
My relative is working in GM and she is referring me. So i m getting 18K discount.
Ya me too think its a good deal. I am getting all the goodies found in a premium car.

From which insurance company u got ur car insured?
Did u opt for finance? If yes then from which bank? and wats the interest rate.
Old 8th August 2007, 19:51   #110
BHPian

@djay - Sundaram will offer from Sundarm Insurance. Which is not bad.
Reg finance, me and EMD didnt opt.. you can post in the concerned section where am sure you would get the right answers.

@ Crazy - You can write to GM. I did.. wait let me get the email ID.

here it is.. I sent an email on May 29 and got a reply on June 6!!!

Neetu Adlakha
Customer Assistance Centre
General Motors India, Gurgaon
Fax No - 0124-2803344,
E- mail - [COLOR=#0000ff]gmi.cac@gm.com[/COLOR]
24X7 Customer Care Help Desk : 30308080 (New Delhi)

Nimz
Old 8th August 2007, 20:22   #111
Senior - BHPian

@Nimz,

Howz ur sparky doing?
Any improvements in FE?
Old 8th August 2007, 23:35   #112
BHPian

FE after service will check this weekend...

Otherwise Sparky doing very well..
Old 9th August 2007, 06:52   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Then whats with trivandrum showroom. Do you guys think we should write to GM or something?

When I had taken TD of te Optra magnum at Geeywm Motors ernakulam, they asid that they are soon opening a new show room in trivandrum...and the current one will be shut dwn..dont know how true this is though.
Old 11th August 2007, 18:42   #114
BHPian

First FE result

Ok, here is my Spark's first FE result - 17.01 KM/litre . This is before my first service check with normal BP Petrol. I have intentionally avoided Speed to know normal FE and performance of Spark.

There is some margine of error here. The first time I done tank full, there was overflow, but this time I asked to stop at autocut. So actual FE should be less by whatever petro goes after autocut to tankfull.

Other reason of high FE is, my daily run to office consist of good 20KM of crowded highway ( bypass outside city) where evening speed is around 40 km/hr, but morning speed can be good 60-70 km/hr. Remaining 10 km is mix of ok, slow and standstill traffic. AC is on approx 40-50%

So Nimz, dont loose heart, your sparky is capable of superb FE.

My next FE result should give more realistic result. I will now observe autocut to autocut measurement.

I realised what fun it is to drive to Spark when I had to drive my old Alto yesterday. I had to really work on all the controls to make Alto move.

In stop and go traffic, I feel that accelerator pedal and brakes should have been placed further right. I have to put my right leg in awkward angle to switch between accelerator and brakes. It is bit easier when move my sit back, but with my height of 5.5 feet,there is not much I can do about it. Taller people will find it bit more easy.

Gearshifts are ok, but sometimes putting 1st gear requires some efforts. But I guess it will be easier after 2nd service.

Another problem I need to get used to are mirrors. LH and RH outside mirror are more convex than Alto mirrors. So it is difficult to guess the distance. Manual says use outside mirror to know the presence of vehicle but use inside RVM to judge the distance. True, but difficult to do this when you have to take split second decision.
Old 11th August 2007, 21:57   #115
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
@ Crazy - You can write to GM. I did.. wait let me get the email ID.
Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
When I had taken TD of te Optra magnum at Geeywm Motors ernakulam, they asid that they are soon opening a new show room in trivandrum...and the current one will be shut dwn..dont know how true this is though.
Nimz, Thank you very much! But as basilmabraham has mentioned above, the current dealership is being shut down (i guess). Came to know this yesterday from an ad in the papers about another dealership opening by end of this month. (from anjeneya motors to Deedi GM)

So, i guess waiting is the only option!

@radek: Thats fantastic mileage you are getting!
Old 12th August 2007, 00:34   #116
BHPian

@radek

Great! Good FE. Well..I drive in 1st / 2nd most of the time with very little 50-60 kmph and I tend to zip it whenever I see a little empty road.. (dont blame me.. its Sparky's fault.. she makes me do it!!)

Yes..Sparky is absolutley very FUN and easy to drive..

Regarding A and B pedals.. I dont seem to have much of a prob.. but as you say I drive with the seat pushed max to the back.. this maybe helps me am not too sure.. I do this as seats dont have good underthigh support.. so pushing it way back means..the leg lies on the seat..Am 5.7"just for the record.

1st gear is tough? You are right. When car is doing less than 10 kmph (kinda crawling) try shifting..it will shift easily.. but greater than that it refuses.. so this way I rarely get to shift to 1st except when almost standstill.. at 10 kmph and above all other gears need jsut a prod..

Is this a design fault by GM or is it generally the case that the gearwheels wont mesh if car is at higher speed??

ORVM - hmm never had an issue.. With the LOVRM and ROVRM are angled in such a way that sparky's cute behind can be just seen.. so I get a reference point with the vehicle at the back..

TOmo oops today (its Sunday already) will be checking my mileage again.. all city driving again.. lets see..

@CD - why wait.. come over to Bangy!!
Nimz

Last edited by Nimz : 12th August 2007 at 00:35.
Old 13th August 2007, 07:45   #117
BHPian

Quote:
1st gear is tough? You are right. When car is doing less than 10 kmph (kinda crawling) try shifting..it will shift easily.. but greater than that it refuses.. so this way I rarely get to shift to 1st except when almost standstill.. at 10 kmph and above all other gears need jsut a prod..

Is this a design fault by GM or is it generally the case that the gearwheels wont mesh if car is at higher speed??
Nimz
Methinks this a feature, not a bug, i have experienced the same in my UVA.
Old 13th August 2007, 09:51   #118
BHPian

Quote:

You have point there. When I put the first gear when starting the car, I never had this problem. But when I try 1st gear in stop and go tranffic, I had this problem. But in my case, this happens even when I completely stop the car in traffic. Sometime it helps to put in 2nd gear then moving to 1st before releasing the clutch. I am not too worried about this as most cars will have these small things before 1st servicing.

Btw. today I got a call from Dealer's service department asking for an appointment to explain me all the feature of car. I said your sales people have already explained me this. But she insisted saying, those were sales people, you should understand the technical points from service people also. I am not sure what exactly they are going to explain me, but I felt nice about such initiative.
Old 13th August 2007, 12:06   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by radek View Post
You have point there. When I put the first gear when starting the car, I never had this problem. But when I try 1st gear in stop and go tranffic, I had this problem. But in my case, this happens even when I completely stop the car in traffic. Sometime it helps to put in 2nd gear then moving to 1st before releasing the clutch. I am not too worried about this as most cars will have these small things before 1st servicing.

Btw. today I got a call from Dealer's service department asking for an appointment to explain me all the feature of car. I said your sales people have already explained me this. But she insisted saying, those were sales people, you should understand the technical points from service people also. I am not sure what exactly they are going to explain me, but I felt nice about such initiative.
@radek : any idea as to what is the current discount(if I dont go for finance) available on SparkLS in Pune right now. And from which showroom did you buy your Sparky from?
Old 13th August 2007, 12:56   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by radek View Post
Thats really nice.. WOnder why that is not a Nation wide initiative.. For me.. the sales gal didnt know much about Sparky..so features et was explained by a guy who confessed thats he is not a Spark sales guy. So very basic overview.. Sundaram could do something about that.. this marred an otherwise decent experience.

FE time - Drove 150 kms on the tripmeter. Fuel filled to Autocut off 10.6 litres.. So 150.1 /10.6 =14.1 kmpl

This is 100% Blore city commute. AC on 40-50% (may be lesser too as bangy is pretty cool..)

Nimz
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks