Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2007, 15:21   #121
Team-BHP Support

Nimz, what did i tell you? Now, thank me with a gift.
Old 13th August 2007, 23:46   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Nimz, what did i tell you? Now, thank me with a gift.
Sure dude.. anytime.

Well..Big Boarders..need your help.. dont know if this is OT but since it concerns my Sparky will post it here..Mods - feel free..

Me shifted to a new house where they dont have a covered parking. You can park within the small compound. And there are quite a lot of trees. Used to park near one. Started noticing small black ants on the car. Washed it this weekend and hundreds of ants came out.. of the small crevices around the rear lamps.. the small slits on the roof rails.. so many of them came gushing out.. emptied buckets of water but still there are a few more..

- How do I get rid of the current ant population? Can I spray HIT?
- How do I avoid them again. I ahve to park near some tree only. I use a cover but that doesnt seem to stop them. I have changed trees now. Tomorrow I will know if this is better.

I guess if I can spray something.. will do that thoroughly all over while leaving it for the night. But thought I;d ask you guys as the HIT chemicals should not adversely affect Sparky's coat.

So guys..
Old 14th August 2007, 10:28   #123
Team-BHP Support

Nimz, looks like the ants too have taken a liking to Sparky.
There is a thread in the ****ng Gears section wherein i have asked for tips on how to get rid of ants. Check it out, although i am not really sure if the chemicals would affect the paint or not.

PM Rudra ji, who might be able to help you with some ideas.
Old 14th August 2007, 14:36   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rravik View Post
@radek : any idea as to what is the current discount(if I dont go for finance) available on SparkLS in Pune right now. And from which showroom did you buy your Sparky from?
@rravik, Atleast 20 days back, there was no disount on Spark. I got this car on company's name, so as far as dealer was concerned there was no finance involved. (though I will be paying EMI to my company). I got this from Pashankar. They have two showrooms in Pune. One on Satara road and one on bypass highway near Sus road junction.
Old 14th August 2007, 14:42   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post

FE time - Drove 150 kms on the tripmeter. Fuel filled to Autocut off 10.6 litres.. So 150.1 /10.6 =14.1 kmpl

This is 100% Blore city commute. AC on 40-50% (may be lesser too as bangy is pretty cool..)

Nimz
Thats great Nimz. 14 in City is very good FE. I think it will go up to 14.5. So it tallies with whatever GM was promising.
Old 18th August 2007, 01:40   #126
Senior - BHPian

Spark gets a face lift!

Optra, Aveo and now Spark gets the face job!
Old 18th August 2007, 07:27   #127
BHPian

I took a TD here in Kolkata with LT version. Nice looking car with good power steering, good suspension, roomy space inside, I liked the instrument panels in the center.
What I didnt like: AC efficiency not at par with the vehicles with wagonr, santro and indica. Under thigh support in the rear seat is minimal leading to thigh and knee pain with a drive more than 15-20 mins.
Old 18th August 2007, 23:24   #128
BHPian

Back after a drive to Sivasamudram falls..

Mileage check - 15 kmpl. (200 odd highway (100% AC)/ 160 odd city with some 10 odd crawling in 1st gear (75% AC))

City and Highway more or less the same with Sparky (???) But if I get 14 consistently then am fine.. again my driving is exactly not FE favourable

1100 kms completed:

Likes: Handling, Gears, effiicent and refined engine and ease of driving.

Dislikes: Seats, A Pillar obscuring vision, Lack of tacho, Loud AC

Issues: small hairline crack on windshield (unresolved).. slighly bent rim on hittig a stone at a major offroading session in the rains (switched stepney).

Rattles /Build - No major issues. Still feels like new.

Top Speed touched - 120 Kmph (on half throttle as still bring driven in. No strain to acheive this speed.)

Mileage (avg) - 13.5 Kmpl

Verdict -Yup I still love her..

@ Sallubhai - AC is pretty good.. cools up the car in minutes with blower at 2. Never used it beyond 3 so far. Friends driving with me on the sivasamudra falls and other times have said that AC cools well..and have asked to switch off even while at 1. Only thing they and me also feel is that the blower is too loud.. which maybe due to the silent engine also

You are right about seats. As posted earlier. I push the seats way back and circumvent this problem. Drove for 250 kms today (highway and city) and no major discomfort.
Old 19th August 2007, 12:15   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Back after a drive to Sivasamudram falls..
You went there with a new car?!?!
Which road you took? The mysore road?? If yes, how did she handle over those gigantic speed breakers?!?!
Old 19th August 2007, 17:29   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
You went there with a new car?!?!
Which road you took? The mysore road?? If yes, how did she handle over those gigantic speed breakers?!?!
Well the car is 1.5 months old and around 900 done when we started..

Yes.. Mysore road.. Bangy - Mandya - Shivasamudra and back.. tool 2 hrs to enter Bangy.. crawling in 1st gear for an hour..

There were speed breakers.. not big enough to cause any problems.. never scraped the bottom.. there were only 3 of us.. (we were discussing whether it was someone's hobby to place speed breakers so frequently).. and those barriers which may you take a S turn.. kinda fun to make Sparky do those turns at 60 kmph and loose the other cars..
Old 19th August 2007, 23:23   #131
Team-BHP Support

good to know that you are enjoying the ride, and i hope you are ok with the FE now
Old 19th August 2007, 23:37   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
good to know that you are enjoying the ride, and i hope you are ok with the FE now
Yea.. I love the Spark.. and yes FE is ok and I guess it wont drop below 13 in the worst city conditions.

Solved my ant problem by parking car near the building away from trees and Sparky gets some good sun on her in the mornings before I take her to work (somedays i take her somedays its the bike). Had to fight with the watchman for that spot..and was prepared to face anyone to get that. If not was prepared to even move out (and search for a flat with fellow Bhpians help ofcourse).. ANything for my Sparky
Old 19th August 2007, 23:44   #133
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Had to fight with the watchman for that spot..and was prepared to face anyone to get that. ANything for my Sparky

Thats true love for Sparky! Am sure sparky is worth it!

Good to know that mileage is up to 14-15 range again. Thats impressive compared to the competition!
Old 20th August 2007, 12:47   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Spark gets a face lift!

Optra, Aveo and now Spark gets the face job!
Is the Spark really getting a facelift so soon ? what are the changes ?
Old 20th August 2007, 21:29   #135
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rravik View Post
Is the Spark really getting a facelift so soon ? what are the changes ?
Not in the Indian market. Internationally, spark has been given a facelift, with new bumpers and rear end treatment.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks