Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2007, 22:01   #31
Senior - BHPian

Saw one very close up today & was really surprised how big it really is. As big as the fiesta if not bigger & not very far from the fiesta in terms of the side profile too.
Old 11th July 2007, 22:03   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidney View Post
I went to see this car at the Mahindra showroom.
The first thing salesguy tells me "Boss people are not taking interest in this car - so if you are really really interested then go only for Diesel version". He added "but keep in mind that soon all diesel Logans will be taxis in Delhi"...
Suddenly all excitement of looking at a new car simply died..
I looked around a little .........went in and out of the car..... looked carefully at the lamps (my interest area).... and walked out even without taking the price list from him.

Dunno if that sales guy had any grudge from the showroom or he was in his notice period.
Your review puts the car in a positive light- I should also go and see it once more....
that must be one frustrated salesman. if you are interested in the car.. go back.... take a test drive.. and then decide.
Old 27th July 2007, 13:56   #33
Senior - BHPian

160!!

So 2000kms over. First service done with. After taking the car from the workshop.. took the car straight to the Greater Noida Expressway. And managed to do 160kph!! yes! my grin was as wide as the green smiley!!

On my way back tried to achieve the same again but stupid idiot drivers driving slow in fast lane and I didn't want to zip-zap at such high speed. so could only manage 140kph.

One thing i disliked about the car is that it doesn't give you proper feedback. i mean, it didn't feel like 160. 100 and 160 felt the same. even the engine whine was the same. will have to do something about it.

one more thing. the car i'd taken for a test drive didn't go above 120. there must be some problem or maybe the dealership had done something.
rest later.

cheers,
Ashu
Old 27th July 2007, 14:08   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
S

One thing i disliked about the car is that it doesn't give you proper feedback. i mean, it didn't feel like 160. 100 and 160 felt the same.
This can be good or bad.
If you car feels its doing 160 when its doing 100, it means bad.
If your car is as stable as 100 at 160 also, thats a good thing.
Old 27th July 2007, 15:22   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
that must be one frustrated salesman. if you are interested in the car.. go back.... take a test drive.. and then decide.
I agree, which showroom will keep salesman to dissuade buying from them, weird huh!
Old 27th July 2007, 15:40   #36
BHPian

In todays avts. for the cars they are advertising for Logan with special rates for corporates , they are getting close to Free Insurance and other goodies. Also todays newsapapers are full of Bajaj Renault tie up reports . Not sure where it leaves Mahindra's Logan 3 yrs down the line . unless we want to see Logoff by Mahindra & Logan by Bajaj
Old 13th October 2007, 00:37   #37
Team-BHP Support

Hi,

any updates? Its been long time since you updated the thread.
Old 13th October 2007, 11:28   #38
Senior - BHPian

Nice review there mate !!

You must have crossed the 5k Mark by now - Any more updates ?
Old 14th October 2007, 00:18   #39
Senior - BHPian

yep, have crossed the 5k mark. will be posting in day or two.
thx & rgds,
Ashutosh
Old 14th October 2007, 16:31   #40
BHPian

Quote:
yep, have crossed the 5k mark. will be posting in day or two.
Do update us on how the passengers find the ride too. Here's a comparison of REAR suspensions amongst three cars -
Logan DLX 1.5 dci: Non-independent, H-type beam
Tata Indigo Marina LX: Independent, 3-link, McPherson strut, with anti-roll bar and gas filled dampers
Ford Fusion 1.4 TDCi Diesel: Semi-independent heavy duty twist beam with low package height coil springs and separate twin tube dampers.

Would an H-Type beam have less roll and a better ride than the Marina?
Old 15th October 2007, 15:01   #41
BHPian

do mention about the FE yo are getting, because your's will be actual road FE than teh under test conditions, where they fool the customers.
Old 17th October 2007, 03:19   #42
Senior - BHPian

So its been four months and I have put up more than 5000 km on the odo. The journey till here has been wonderful. The only grouse being I've not been able to go on the highway yet.

First of all.. things I have noticed in these 5Ks.

- Pickup: Above all, the pickup has increased. Maybe its run-in or something else. Earlier, even after 2k on the odo, the rpm needle refused to go above 3k. Now it goes well above 6k...and willingly so! I just love that 20-90 in second/third gear. Dash to 160 is now not that far.

- FE: In city (bumper2bumper) the best I've got is 13 and worst 10. But considering the weight of the car.. I think its ok. That long drive is still awaited. My weird working hours and improper weekly offs are making a trip to the mountains almost impossible to even think about.

- Air Conditioning: Its more than perfect. As I've said earlier as well.. even without the tints the cooling was superb.

- Comfort: Don't know about the Marina. But the Logan's rear seats are comfortable. Not been to a long journey with full capacity yet. Will update on that soon.

- Rattling: None. Minor squeaks in the doors (that too since I got the tinting done.. maybe a window glass is loose somewhere.

- Interiors: Beige interiors are always more prone to dirt. I wish they had an option of grey. I'll soon get it repainted (half black-half beige ford fiesta style).

- Lack of a remote boot release irritates at times. Especially when the security guard at the mall asks to open the boot.. and I have to shut down the engine.. give the keys.. VERY IRRITATING!!

- Mahindra has not provided head rests for the rear seats in this variant. Which in my opinion is plain stupid. I even asked the service manager..if they can be fitted afterwards.. The whole seat will have to be changed, he replied.

- With the diesel Logan selling the most, the attendant at the fuel station always checks with me "Diesel or Petrol?". A new thing for me since all of my previous cars came only with petrol engines.. so irritating sometimes!!

- Its solid built gives you a safe feeling while sitting inside. The doors shut with a thud. Try lifting the bonnet and you will quickly search for the stand! (its that heavy).

Overall, I am more than happy with this car. First, As I always said.. this is a sedan for hatchback money. So obviously a few compromises will have to be made. But if you ignore a few things you can live happily ever after with this car.

(p.s. if anything got left out, feel free to ask)

Some pics:

Old 17th October 2007, 10:07   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
- Lack of a remote boot release irritates at times. Especially when the security guard at the mall asks to open the boot.. and I have to shut down the engine.. give the keys.. VERY IRRITATING!!
I totally agree with you on this one, its the same case with my car as well. Getting that fitted from the dealer would set me back by 6K.
Old 17th October 2007, 13:46   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice review Ashutosh
Old 17th October 2007, 15:56   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I totally agree with you on this one, its the same case with my car as well. Getting that fitted from the dealer would set me back by 6K.
Which car ?

Flair has one !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks