Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2012, 11:33   #421
Team-BHP Support

re: The First Grand Vitara Ownership on Team-BHP [6 years & 70,000 completed]

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Quite surprising to hear that. I thought the GV had the most SGP parts in it than any other Maruti.
It has only SGP parts, remember it is a CBU.

Quote:
Can you give the individual cost of suspension spares that you changed.
Suspension parts: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2400262

Service cost without oil change: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2589423

Quote:
Also what is the on road price of GV now ?
Around 21L in Karnataka I think.
Old 20th July 2012, 15:20   #422
BHPian

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Nice price.
Congrats.

This is a 2L one or the 2.4L?
Its a 2 litre one and I think there was no 2.4 litre during 2007. Moreover I think that the 2 litre engine gives better milage than the 2.4 litre engine and its good for me.

Thanks everyone for your valuable comments and for sharing your knowledge. I am feeling more confident now which I was not earlier.

Presently the small dents all over the body of the car which is a common thing for the cars running in Bangalore are getting fixed and my friend who owns a garage Crazy Cars just by the side of Hebbal flyover is getting everything done for me and he is not making any profits from me. Many thanks to him for his kind help and one may wonder that I never saw the car before buying it and he is the one who did all the needful for me.

Probably the vehicle will be ready by the coming Wednesday as per the latest update from my friend and I should be in Bangalore to pick it. I am getting very impatient to get my hands on the car.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd July 2012 at 17:06. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 1st August 2012, 18:58   #423
BHPian

Can anyone please give me suggestions regarding improvement of mileage in the Grand Vitara 2007 2.0L. I have been consistently getting 10kmpl on highways and about 7kmpl in city driving.

I have presently switched to K & N air filter and not tried the mileage with the regular paper filter. I believe that the K & N air filter should give same mileage as the regular air filter if not better. I have been driving the GV very light footedly and no hard revving. So please give me suggestions to improve the mileage.
Old 3rd August 2012, 08:55   #424
BHPian

HI Samurai

Thought post pics of MODDED GV saw parked in our office
Attached Thumbnails
The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP-photo1.jpg  

The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP-photo2.jpg  

sriny_blr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2012, 09:07   #425
Team-BHP Support

Those tyres are really jutting out, not very responsible. I don't want to be behind this guy in rain or on gravelly road. Any idea about the mods on this one?
Old 3rd August 2012, 09:11   #426
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Those tyres are really jutting out, not very responsible. I don't want to be behind this guy in rain or on gravelly road. Any idea about the mods on this one?
Looks like Singapore going by the flag behind so you can forget about gravel road and rain only makes the cleaner in Singapore. Even the spray from the car in front is clean water!!!
Old 4th August 2012, 20:21   #427
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Looks like Singapore going by the flag behind so you can forget about gravel road and rain only makes the cleaner in Singapore. Even the spray from the car in front is clean water!!!
OT: The OAG (Offroad Adventure Group) sticker indicates that the car could be a regular in those offroad trails (normally done in neighbouring Malaysia, Thailand). I have seen quite a few heavily modified GVs here in Singapore, probably the most popular choice for the offroading enthusiasts here.

You can see quite a bit of these in their facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/OAG.sg

Last edited by vb-saan : 4th August 2012 at 20:22. Reason: URL edited
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2012, 00:52   #428
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
Can anyone please give me suggestions regarding improvement of mileage in the Grand Vitara 2007 2.0L. I have been consistently getting 10kmpl on highways and about 7kmpl in city driving.
Well, it depends on what kind of highway and city traffic. It doesn't look too far from the norm. Make sure the cold tyre pressure is 32psi. Get the throttle body cleanup done.

Today I drove 400kms of mixed roads. That included about 180kms of highly winding 2-lane road including climbing the Shiradi ghats, 120kms of straighter 2-lane road with reasonable traffic, 95kms of 4-lane highway and 15kms of heavy Bangalore traffic.

This is the result:

The First Grand Vitara on Team-BHP-img_20120804_170256.jpg

But I have a larger tyre than OE size. If I compensate for that 1.9% lesser value, the actual reading is 11.11kmpl on this stretch, which is not bad.

Last edited by Samurai : 8th August 2012 at 07:54. Reason: typo
Samurai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2012, 12:11   #429
BHPian

Well can anyone tell me as to how to use the 4wd system on the grand vitara? When to use what mode and what mode to use for a regular drive on normal roads? Though its a repetation of the same question how to improve mileage apart from monitoring tyre pressure and getting throttle body cleaning? any petrol additives to be used or any tuning box will be helpful or should I go for a free flow exhaust? please give me suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Old 19th August 2012, 23:56   #430
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Well can anyone tell me as to how to use the 4wd system on the grand vitara? When to use what mode and what mode to use for a regular drive on normal roads?
See here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-te...ml#post1450245

Quote:
any petrol additives to be used or any tuning box will be helpful or should I go for a free flow exhaust? please give me suggestions. Thanks in advance.
I doubt any of that improves FE.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2012, 09:52   #431
BHPian

Quote:
See here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-te...ml#post1450245

I doubt any of that improves FE.
Dear Samurai in my Grand Vitara I have tried using the N mode while driving and as you mentioned in the other thread the wheels should stop getting engine power and should become free but I have noticed that the vehicle keeps getting torque and as I accelerate the vehicle speed picks up but the 4wd malfunction light flashes. If in N mode all the wheels get disengaged from the transfer case then how can the car pick speed with acceleration. Please clarify. Is there any fault in my 4wd system.
Old 20th August 2012, 10:54   #432
Team-BHP Support

Driving in N mode? Did you engage N mode while on the move?

You are supposed to shift to N mode only when you are not moving. The gear shift should be in neutral, and brake & clutch should be fully depressed before engaging N mode. No wonder it didn't move to N mode.

Please read the owner's manual before playing around with 4WD modes.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2012, 17:40   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Driving in N mode? Did you engage N mode while on the move?

You are supposed to shift to N mode only when you are not moving. The gear shift should be in neutral, and brake & clutch should be fully depressed before engaging N mode. No wonder it didn't move to N mode.

Please read the owner's manual before playing around with 4WD modes.
What I meant to say was the car was moving in N mode on engine power. Thats why I want to know if there is any problem with the 4wd system. What I understood from your earlier posts in this thread and other threads is that in N mode the connection to the wheels is cut of from the transfer case if so how could my GV run in N mode on engine power and it actually accelerated when I pressed the accelerator.
Old 20th August 2012, 17:49   #434
Team-BHP Support

First, please describe how you engaged N mode. Were you standing or moving, were you in neutral gear or any other gear, is your GV automatic or manual?
Old 20th August 2012, 22:15   #435
BHPian

Quote:
First, please describe how you engaged N mode. Were you standing or moving, were you in neutral gear or any other gear, is your GV automatic or manual?
My car was moving when I shifted to N from H mode, the car was in second gear, and its a manual one. So when I shifted to N from H mode in the above mentined circumstances the vehicle kept moving on engine power and I could accelerate and change gears also. But after some time when the 4wd malfunction light started flashing I switched it back to H mode while the vehicle was moving, the gear was engaged. However I am not facing any issues even after that and I did not hear anything disturbing at the time of shifting from N to H or H to N mode.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks