Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2008, 20:40   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Congratulations on getting urself a Pininfarina design,mjothi. Treat us when u come over to chennai.
Btw, seriously, this cost 7.6 lakhs?
Sure, we can.
yes. 7.45 for normal LS version and 7.6 for the LS Limited edition. I think its almost 30-40K difference between chennai and Bangalore due to the tax portion.
Old 18th May 2008, 21:02   #47
Senior - BHPian

Oh ok!
I thought 7+ for an aveo would be for the 1.6 version.
Old 19th May 2008, 22:30   #48
Senior - BHPian

I just replied to another Aveo-post. I donno what to say, Aveo is not a good car. Simply. I own an 1.6 for 2 yrs now. The only reason, why I didn't change to an SX4 or Verna or City is the loss I need to face with the resale value. I tried with few second hand dealers, they are not even showing any interest. :-(
Old 20th May 2008, 07:34   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
I just replied to another Aveo-post. I donno what to say, Aveo is not a good car. Simply. I own an 1.6 for 2 yrs now. The only reason, why I didn't change to an SX4 or Verna or City is the loss I need to face with the resale value. I tried with few second hand dealers, they are not even showing any interest. :-(
Perfect.
So, your conclusion is based on the resale value. Right? As I said in other post, I was also initially worried about the resale value before buying this. Then I began thinking in other direction. Why should I worry about what happens after 4 or 5 years? Let me enjoy those 4 or 5 years with comfort and luxury.

Also, indian automotive scene is changing a lot. Just a example, if you take a 2006 Honda civic and 2007 Honda Civic in USA, they both are different in terms of exterior looks too. These days are not far for India.

I agree resale value may be less, but I dont think it would be a throw away price. Every car has its own price. This may be little less (10%) then the maruti of same years old I guess. In my opinion, that is the price I pay for my luxury.

And other thing was the seriousness I see in GM. No company can overlook india for its market and I am sure they will do all they can for being in this competitive market. I highlight this because, I have seen many post saying that the car is good but the A.S.S is not good. And that was one main reason for many to skip GM cars.

Lastly, I am just 2 months with my Aveo. Since you hold it for more years, you can also shed some light if there are any issues specific to the car in the long run. Eventhough I cannot reverse my decision, I can be little more careful in avoiding those if any.
Old 20th May 2008, 08:56   #50
BHPian

Booked my Aveo too

I have finally booked an Aveo 1.4 LS Limited Edition - Ivory Gold earlier this week for Rs 7.38 lakhs on the road in Mumbai.

The reasons for the choice were as follows:
  • In my view, the best petrol sedan in this price range
  • More powerful engine, superb interiors, excellent feel inside
  • Great looks, especially ivory gold color - my wife and I discussed over this and the Icy Blue color for over a week, finally chose Ivory Gold since it matches the interiors perfectly
  • Better feel driving than Fiesta 1.4 petrol
  • We wanted 1.4 petrol for fuel economy reasons, over a 1.6 engine
  • 90% city and 10% highway driving - we normally hire a Scorpio for outings since we always travel 2 families
  • Our current car is a Fiat Uno Petrol - still superb after 9 years
  • We wanted a car that "feels like the Uno" to drive - the Aveo, U-VA, Fabia and the Ford Fusion were the only ones that fit the bill - we tested almost every car in the range of Rs 5 - 7.5 lakhs
  • My personal choice would have been the Fabia or the U-VA, since I am a hatch-man - but wife wanted a "real Sedan" and loves boot space
  • Music system is a let down - no iPod connector
  • Is fully loaded except for a few extras like rear spoiler, mirror locks etc that I will pay separately
I expect to get delivery this week Friday and will put out a full update as we progress.

Surya
Old 20th May 2008, 08:57   #51
Senior - BHPian

Gift wrapped...oops strapped! ;-) Slick interiors! good choice.
Old 20th May 2008, 10:25   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
I have finally booked an Aveo 1.4 LS Limited Edition - Ivory Gold earlier this week for Rs 7.38 lakhs on the road in Mumbai.

The reasons for the choice were as follows:
  • In my view, the best petrol sedan in this price range
  • More powerful engine, superb interiors, excellent feel inside
  • Great looks, especially ivory gold color - my wife and I discussed over this and the Icy Blue color for over a week, finally chose Ivory Gold since it matches the interiors perfectly
  • Better feel driving than Fiesta 1.4 petrol
  • We wanted 1.4 petrol for fuel economy reasons, over a 1.6 engine
  • 90% city and 10% highway driving - we normally hire a Scorpio for outings since we always travel 2 families
  • Our current car is a Fiat Uno Petrol - still superb after 9 years
  • We wanted a car that "feels like the Uno" to drive - the Aveo, U-VA, Fabia and the Ford Fusion were the only ones that fit the bill - we tested almost every car in the range of Rs 5 - 7.5 lakhs
  • My personal choice would have been the Fabia or the U-VA, since I am a hatch-man - but wife wanted a "real Sedan" and loves boot space
  • Music system is a let down - no iPod connector
  • Is fully loaded except for a few extras like rear spoiler, mirror locks etc that I will pay separately
I expect to get delivery this week Friday and will put out a full update as we progress.

Surya
Congrats. Yes, thats the best color for a Aveo, especially, if you have the indicator embedded in the ORVM. And hence they charge extra.
Hope to see your thread on your delivery and initial experiance very soon. And yes, don't forget the pictures.
Old 20th May 2008, 15:16   #53
BHPian

hi mjothi congrats for the car and here's wishing you and your car many many happy miles.

The Aveo in my opinion is the best looker in the c segment and also has best interiors.

enjoy it buddy
Old 20th May 2008, 18:09   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Is your statement based only on the resale value of the car or have you faced any sort of technical problems with the car? Please do list out the problems if you have faced any, this will help others to make a decision.
Visit Maruti/Hyundai/Honda dealer with a booking amount cheque and mention that you wish to trade in your existing car. If you seem to be promising customer then they will definately quote a good price.
Old 21st May 2008, 07:22   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Congrats Surya, It is a good color, I thought of booking Ivory Gold, But Cashmere "Shine" and extra cost overruled Ivory Gold.

Agbenny, I also read your other post, there also you are recommending not to buy aveo , but not giving out the reason. Since you have driven the car for 2 years ,Did you face any technical problems ?. I read in lot of reviews , Aveo prior to Sep 2007, had gear shift problems and Pickup, are you experiancing anything else?
Old 21st May 2008, 12:10   #56
Senior - BHPian

Ok. I just searched for his(agbenny) post and see that the factor that made him decide this is the issue in the Front shocks. Added to that is the treatment he got from the Service guys from Coimbatore.
It may be a minor issue as other mentioned (shock based issue?) or serious. But depends on the A.S.S and how they diagnose it. Please do keep us updated.
I dont see any other thing apart from this. If anything please post it here.
Old 21st May 2008, 12:14   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Ok. I just searched for his(agbenny) post and see that the factor that made him decide this is the issue in the Front shocks. Added to that is the treatment he got from the Service guys from Coimbatore.
It may be a minor issue as other mentioned (shock based issue?) or serious. But depends on the A.S.S and how they diagnose it. Please do keep us updated.
I dont see any other thing apart from this. If anything please post it here.
Well the Chevy Dealer in Coimbatore is Anamallais Agencies( they also deal for Toyota). The A** in Coimbatore is not that great. Not many people happy with Chevy service here. Even Chevy Optra Magnum Diesel has got a lukewarm response thanks to the A**. This is inspite of many people opting for diesel here.
Old 23rd May 2008, 13:32   #58
BHPian

Sunfilm

Mjothi, Were you able to get the sunfilm fixed, I am searching for good dealer of 3m or llumar?
Old 23rd May 2008, 14:07   #59
BHPian

Mahesh, the list of GM approved accessories have 3M film for 2900/-
Check out with dealer if he can offer that.
Old 23rd May 2008, 14:16   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmahesh View Post
Mjothi, Were you able to get the sunfilm fixed, I am searching for good dealer of 3m or llumar?
No. I dropped my plan of putting Sunfilm because i wont be comfortable in driving in nights. I experiance this in my previous Zen. May be in a month or 2 the climate would change and the need will decrease. just my opinion.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks