Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2008, 17:12   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Why I did not choose 1.6,
- the pickup and puling was "almost" same as this one.
This is an important point - the 1.4 engine delivers 94 BHP, whereas the 1.6 engine delivers 102 BHP - so the difference is only 8 BHP.

So yes in certaiin situations the 1.4 feels slightly sluggish, but the 1.6 engine is not a LOT better.

By the way, to compare the Fiesta 1.4 engine delivers only 82 BHP wheras their 1.6 engine delivers 101 BHP.

So the Aveo 1.4 engine is way better than the Fiesta 1.4 - and it shows when driving.
Old 31st May 2008, 19:02   #92
BHPian

Hey mjyothi, belated congratulations! You have got a very nice car. The color is awesome. The touch of black on the front panel inside the car, is really cool. Happy and safe driving!

Last edited by crosscap : 31st May 2008 at 19:04.
Old 10th June 2008, 06:28   #93
Senior - BHPian

@guys in bangalore with Aveo limited edition,
The spare wheel is really bothering me. I am thinking how it would be with 3 alloy wheels and 1 steel wheel when we change it during any emergency. Also, we cannot rotate the wheels with this alloy + steel pair.
Anyone is planing to change the whole set with premium alloy, I am ready to get one stock Alloy from you
Old 10th June 2008, 08:47   #94
BHPian

I believe every Aveo LE owner is waiting for this Spare wheel. I can also take 1.It would be better to get the list of Aveo LE owners from vijai motors
Old 10th June 2008, 19:28   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmahesh View Post
I believe every Aveo LE owner is waiting for this Spare wheel. I can also take 1.It would be better to get the list of Aveo LE owners from vijai motors
Ditto - count me in for one.
Old 23rd June 2008, 08:17   #96
Senior - BHPian

Did another trip to Chennai. Since this was after my first service, I was driving this without any hesitation. It easily reaches 120. Even the pickup in 5th gear on the highways is good. Maintained a constant 100kmph on the GQ. I liked the braking much. It stays on road for sudden brakes @ 100kmph. Road grip is really good. May be due to the broder tyre.
I was maintaining the tacho below 3.5K. Only once I was "forced" to rev the engine too much in 2nd that it reached 4000rpm. Having reached almost 2K KMs on ODO, I hope its fine.

About FE:
I have been getting consisantly 13+ in my Aveo. I dont see any big difference after 1st service. Its almost same. 13+ on 70% highway and 30% city should be ok for me. I have been using the normal unleaded from BP all this while. This time I have tanked it up with Speed. Lets see if there is any noticeable difference.
Old 29th June 2008, 20:46   #97
BHPian

Pretty good going mjothi, great about your average.

I am coming up only to about 900 kms on the ODO so far, and its been entirely in the city during these rains - stuck in traffic for long periods. I am only getting about 10 as average with 100% ac on.

I have managed to keep the revs below 2.5k and definitely on slopes the car struggles and we need to push it up with 2nd gear. But otherwise its smooth and quick on stretches.

On the negative side - my wife and I have managed to scrape the bumper in a couple of spots :( cant avoid it in Mumbai.

I have regularly used Speed from day one.
Old 30th June 2008, 12:49   #98
BHPian

@mjothi
Thats quite a decent FE you are getting even I am getting only 11 (I believe) in Mumbai traffic. Although I havent driven much, its just 300kms on Odo and still running on the first tank full. Hey are the tires the same as in Base model? I havent crossed 80 in city traffic but have felt the brakes to be effective.

@gsurya
its sad to hear that you've got few scratches on the bumper. Mumbai traffic is hell specially where I live. Till now I have tried to avoid weekdays peak traffic but I can imagine how difficult it is drive in that. Btw what can be done for that? I have minor scratch on the ORVM it just touched one of those indica cabs. Also, I have felt a bit sluggishness on uphills in Mumbai slow moving traffic during this run-in period. But i felt a change in acceleration after I had given to one of vallet parking guys. It has improved. How can that be, or is it just my perception?
Old 30th June 2008, 17:27   #99
Senior - BHPian

Yes. Even I was surprised with that FE. Is should be due to the fact that majority of my travel was on GQ

With AC, its little sluggish on the slopes. I guess tyre sizes are same in all model. Just that it has a Alloy rims in limited edition and LT version.
Old 30th June 2008, 22:15   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelWake View Post
@mjothi
But i felt a change in acceleration after I had given to one of vallet parking guys. It has improved. How can that be, or is it just my perception?

I too felt the same after i gave my car to the parking guys. Is it something because they just just raise the revs?
Old 30th June 2008, 22:40   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmahesh View Post
I too felt the same after i gave my car to the parking guys. Is it something because they just just raise the revs?
Possible. I faced same in my new Yamaha. After I raised it to > 80 in the initial days, I felt that the engine was much smoother.

Basically the friction would have lost and they should have become smooth. Guess its not a problem.
Old 8th July 2008, 10:59   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks316 View Post
hi.. wt is the mileage of aveo you getting and how many kms have you done.. any problems till now.. ?
Umm. I have seen so many Aveo threads updated today with you with same question on milage Whats happening?

Anyway, i am getting around 13+ so far. As mentioned before its mostly on highways. Problems? As of now nothing I have noticed except for the rear door, which needs some extra force to close it.

So far I have clocked little higher to the 2K.
Old 8th July 2008, 15:07   #103
BHPian

Yes, I too am getting 13.5KPL on highways (done 16 K till now). City mileage is approx 11KPL
Old 10th July 2008, 11:40   #104
BHPian

My Aveo - 1100 kms review

We completed 1000 kms this last weekend and took the car for the first "reassurance check up" at National Garage near Heera Panna, Mumbai.

Appointment given at 8.30 AM - when arrived, found that the security did not have the car number, so had to wait a while before entry allowed.

Only problem we had was the rear door rubber beading had come off, which was promptly replaced.

Unfortunately, the car has scrapes in a couple of places :( so these were touched up also free of cost.

Then the mechanic pointed out that the lower side of the front bumper was badly bent - I remembered a recent incident where my wife was driving in Powai at evening and we encountered a particularly large pothole which she couldnt avoid - so bad that it cause the front to hit the road, we think this is what must have caused the damage. During this the fog lamp adapter was also broken.

The mechanic advised not to do anything about it for now, but wait for later to combine it with something else so we can cover it under insurance.

The car itself is running beautifully - the engine has "opened up" and responds superbly, is very silent and comfortable and the music system is decent (nothing to shout about though).

The only problem is of power delivery when the car is fully loaded over a slope, then we have to rev-up the car and come down a gear - but this is to be expected with a 1.4 engine.

During monsoon - the Ivory gold color has been difficult to maintain and dirt shows pretty easily. But when clean it looks really classy.
Old 15th July 2008, 07:30   #105
Senior - BHPian

I agree about the power delivery points. Is there a perf mod available for this? Any body tried?
Is any of the Aveo owner have spoilers fitted in yours? I am curious to see if it helps in reversing. Currently we have no view of the read edge. If we have a spoiler, does it help to give some good vision?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks