Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2008, 14:38   #121
Senior - BHPian

Here is the picture of the dent. Although its small, but clearly visible

Finally here comes my Aveo 1.4 LS Limited edition EDIT: 52000 KMs Update-3.jpg

What is the normal type pressure for the front. I stick to the company reco of 28psi. But I always see it like this. Sometimes I doubt if it is flat type, but no.
Old 15th August 2008, 17:57   #122
BHPian

Quality issues?

I've heard that there is some quality issue with the Aveo rubber door lining, in that it comes off after some time. Has any owner faced this issue?
Old 16th August 2008, 05:25   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayjay View Post
I've heard that there is some quality issue with the Aveo rubber door lining, in that it comes off after some time. Has any owner faced this issue?
Yes I have on the left rear door, the dealer promptly replaced it during the first service but its come loose again. They said they will replace it again.

On the other hand, recently my mother-in-law closed the same rear door on my 4-year old niece's hand, and thankfully due to the thick rubber on both sides, she was completely unhurt - except scared due to our shocked reaction in rushing her home, icing her hand etc.

Another aspect of safety I guess, given my memories of how badly I had got hurt when the same happened in our good old Amby 30 years back.
Old 16th August 2008, 11:13   #124
Senior - BHPian

Touchwood, I havent come across or faced any such incident.
@gsurya, that nice to hear. I am also not sure if it is safety stuff, but good that it dont do any hurting.
Old 16th August 2008, 11:33   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Here is the picture of the dent. Although its small, but clearly visible
Sad to see that dent, even though it is a small one. But tinkering/painting that wouldn't be worth at this point. I guess you will forget it after a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
What is the normal type pressure for the front. I stick to the company reco of 28psi. But I always see it like this. Sometimes I doubt if it is flat type, but no.
You can easily go 1-2 psi above company recommended pressure (bocoz that it with unladen weight+cold tyre). Try 29 and 30. Whichever gives you a good ride, stick to that. I stick to 29psi.

From the picture is looks like yours is less than 28psi. Try checking the pressure with atleast 2 pumps. Make sure that you dont drive more than 2kms before filling. Else you have to fill it higher. Once I filled 28psi, drove for about 4kms and the pressure was showing 30psi. Better would be to buy a air compressor, so that you can fill at cold temperature and maintain the right pressure at home. The guages at pumps are not always accurate.

Nirmal

Last edited by nirmalts : 16th August 2008 at 11:42.
Old 16th August 2008, 20:51   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmalts View Post
From the picture is looks like yours is less than 28psi. Try checking the pressure with atleast 2 pumps. Make sure that you dont drive more than 2kms before filling. Else you have to fill it higher. Once I filled 28psi, drove for about 4kms and the pressure was showing 30psi. Better would be to buy a air compressor, so that you can fill at cold temperature and maintain the right pressure at home. The guages at pumps are not always accurate.
Thanks mate. I will try to check it out soon. I have the bunk in less than 2 kms. Will try out there and update.
I got one air compressor which is supposed to be pumped with leg. I tried the first day and it was so bad that it broke. Infact, I was trying it in my kids cycle first
Any suggestions on branded one? I got one in Tippasandra for around 450Rs. He said he had no brands and its fast moving. Later I understood the actual meaning of "fast moving" Yes, it moves to junk so fast
Old 16th August 2008, 21:51   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi
Here is the picture of the dent. Although its small, but clearly visible ...
Ouch! It is small, but yes, clearly visible. I would say let it be there for 'evil eye'!

And Mjothi, the tyre does looks under inflated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi
...I got one air compressor which is supposed to be pumped with leg. I tried the first day and it was so bad that it broke. Infact, I was trying it in my kids cycle first
Any suggestions on branded one? I got one in Tippasandra for around 450Rs...
Mjothi, have a look at this electric pump that I had purchased few months back. I have used it multiple time and have found it to be quite effective. The price seems to have increased by Rs.100 now!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ot-pump-3.html
Old 17th August 2008, 08:11   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Mjothi, have a look at this electric pump that I had purchased few months back. I have used it multiple time and have found it to be quite effective. The price seems to have increased by Rs.100 now!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ot-pump-3.html
Just checked those thread. But the links are not working since its more than 90 days.

Btw, I searched for foot pump in ebay and got the SAME one I bought. Its bidded for 190, I got for 380rs.

See its condition now.
Name:  1.jpg
Views: 967
Size:  55.1 KB
Finally here comes my Aveo 1.4 LS Limited edition EDIT: 52000 KMs Update-2.jpg
Finally here comes my Aveo 1.4 LS Limited edition EDIT: 52000 KMs Update-3.jpg

Is this the one you talked about?
Old 17th August 2008, 08:57   #129
Senior - BHPian

Mjothi,

That one looks sturdy. Didn't know that looks can be deceiving!

Here is the link to the one that I mentioned. eBay India: 12V CAR ELECTRIC PUMP AIR COMPRESSOR WITH ON-OFF SWITCH (item 250282604473 end time 21-Aug-2008 10:38:11 IST)

seems like the lowest price is 600 Rs with 100 Rs for shipping! A cool 200 Rs above what I paid.
Old 17th August 2008, 09:12   #130
BHPian

Mjothi, incase you haven't, please check out this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...rs-lately.html. The topic has been discussed here already.

Just a pointer.

Nirmal
Old 17th August 2008, 10:12   #131
BHPian

Off topic, but I thought I would share what I feel about the quality of the product in the above picture. It does not seem to be of good quality stuff. The first thing to wear off will be the seal through which the pumping rod passes through. The hole will just vertically expanding until it is completely useless in a year or so. Even quicker if you are using to fill bicycle as well.

Go to any sports shop. Shell out anything between Rs. 300-500. Ensure an extra think washer ring around the hole. The one I have is Rs. 350, "Speed Footpump" manufactured by Shiv Enterprises, Rajkot. It serves more than enough even for a bicycle (note: bicycle needs more pressure than a car).
Old 17th August 2008, 19:12   #132
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys. Yes, it "looked" to be sturdy. But the moment I pressed like 2 or 3 times, it disfigured :(
I will try to get one good brand after testing. Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 26th September 2008, 12:32   #133

@mjothi - just saw your post in my aveo thread about the dual tone seat covers. I got the seat covers custom made with my own colour scheme preference. These covers were then stitched on. My accessory wala ordered these seat covers from Mumbai.

Cheers!!
Old 29th September 2008, 22:37   #134

mjothi, do you use premium or regular fuel in the aveo?
Old 30th September 2008, 06:37   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajj_mba View Post
mjothi, do you use premium or regular fuel in the aveo?
I use only regular fuel. But this time I used Shell premium when returning from Nandi Hills since I could not get normal ones on the way and I was running empty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks