Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2008, 10:13   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Seems this is a genuine problem. I had same thing. But was little ok after the first service. Still not as good as the front doors.

nice pitcures. I liked the pic of the headlamps. Cool... Please do post once the accessories are done.

Congrats Gsurya, Ivory Gold is a very good color.

Mjothi is correct , it is genuine problem, I even check Optra Magnum and SRV those back doors are also had the same issue, you need to use bit force to close.
Old 26th May 2008, 12:31   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Here is the car as seen at the dealership - still missing the accessories - looks fabulous.

Img5 007 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Img5 008 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Img5 011 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Img5 014 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Great pics, congratulation, liked the colour choice too.
Old 26th May 2008, 13:51   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Really? Where did you see that - for Aveo? I checked the list today and it shows as 4500/-

Am I better getting it done "outside"?

I checked with dealer , he has 3m and lLumar, both starts with 2900/- with warranty card, I checked outside dealers in banaglore , car effects - starts with 1800/-, other one said 3000/- warrantly card in doubt ???
Old 26th May 2008, 15:46   #79
BHPian

Nice car jothi, what is milage your car city - highways
Old 26th May 2008, 16:40   #80
BHPian

Quote:
The only freebee mentioned was Sunflim. But I denied and requested for Body cover. Should get it by tomorrow.
mjothi,
Did you get the Body Cover? Any idea at what price they are selling the Body Cover?
Old 26th May 2008, 17:29   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
mjothi,
Did you get the Body Cover? Any idea at what price they are selling the Body Cover?
On Saturday I visited Vijai motors, requested for Body cover instead of Sunfilm Freebie , They gave me the body cover, checked the price it was 1250/-
Old 26th May 2008, 20:11   #82
BHPian

Took delivery

Finally took delivery of my car today:
  • Rear doors still take a hard push to close properly
  • Rear Spoiler wasnt fitted since paint wasnt dry - will be done later this week. Also "forgot" the reading light.
  • Did all the PDI checks - took one hour - sales rep was very impressed and asked where I got the checklist, and I gave him the TBHP addy.
  • Number plate was fitted uncleanly :( with the TC number still sticking out under. Said they will do it later
Most documents are not ready or not delivered:
  • CPCO coupons - after one month
  • Service manual - after 2 days
  • Battery warranty card - after 2 days
  • Tyre warranty - doesnt even know about it!
  • RC Book - 60 days
  • Invoice - 60 days
  • Insurance is from Reliance General Insurance - has absolutely no mention of the type of insurance or amount paid
I had carried with me a chocolate box with me for distribution which was well received.

Experience of the drive home - just 2 kms down:
  • Was as smooth as expected
  • AC chilled very fast
  • Music system with 6 speakers is superb (Alpine OEM)
  • You need to be in 2000-2500 rpm range in order to overtake effectively
  • The car feels solid, heavy and very plush inside
  • No trip meter :(
  • Otherwise dashboard is goodlooking and cool
Starting to now plan a night drive more later
Old 27th May 2008, 06:47   #83
BHPian

First decent drive

First did some night puja, had to shoot video in night mode!
  • Drove out of the complex - in spite of the high ground clearance had a scrape on the first bumper, car was fully loaded with 5 adults and a child - have to check that again
  • Drive was smooth and silent - music system superb - AC chilled very fast
  • Overtaking definitely takes revving
  • Even minor slopes like the one near Powai or flyover needs revving and feels sluggish on power - even my Fiat Uno seems to deliver more power! But I am sure this improves after first service.
  • However on flats the power delivery is smooth and the car accelerates brilliantly - did 90 kmph and didn't feel like it at all inside the car - still very smooth and silent
  • Its definitely not a driving enthusiast's car, this is a car for "cruising" in the city and is not the one for you if you are aggressive about overtaking and weaving through traffic
  • Ivory gold and the Chevy looks does turn heads, and the color does need maintenance since dirt sticks to it and is very visible
  • On the other hand, if you are a peaceful guy and want to comfortably drive around in luxury - this is the car
  • All passengers were also very comfortable and everyone enjoyed the extra space
  • Need to find a good driving position - left "clutch" leg needs a "dead pedal" - I am still uncomfortable with this foot's position
Old 27th May 2008, 06:55   #84
BHPian

[quote=gsurya;843416]

No trip meter :(

Congrats gsurya, Happy motoring. You can press the ODO button and select Trip meter A and B.
Old 27th May 2008, 09:19   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmahesh View Post
On Saturday I visited Vijai motors, requested for Body cover instead of Sunfilm Freebie , They gave me the body cover, checked the price it was 1250/-
Thanks for the updates Mahesh.
Saturday I am planning to go there.
Old 27th May 2008, 11:02   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
Thanks for the updates Mahesh.
Saturday I am planning to go there.
You need to go to the Madhavapura Service Station (KRPuram). I got it from there only. Showroom did not have any stocks.
Old 28th May 2008, 08:33   #87
BHPian

Now that i find most of the "Aveo Club" folks on this thread, just thought will pose a question. I understand most or all of you have gone for 1.4 Limited Edition, any reason for not taking the 1.6? I think the power and sluggish drive issue is better addressed in the 1.6? Let me know your thoughts. The price differential between 1.4Limited Edition and 1.6 Option pack is around 1Lac i suppose?

Cheers
-Rajesh
Old 28th May 2008, 08:47   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbaliga View Post
Now that i find most of the "Aveo Club" folks on this thread, just thought will pose a question. I understand most or all of you have gone for 1.4 Limited Edition, any reason for not taking the 1.6? I think the power and sluggish drive issue is better addressed in the 1.6? Let me know your thoughts. The price differential between 1.4Limited Edition and 1.6 Option pack is around 1Lac i suppose?

Cheers
-Rajesh
Why I did not choose 1.6,
- Its more cc and hence less FE.
- the pickup and puling was "almost" same as this one.
- i had the 2 DIN, alloy, leather seats etc available in this Limited edition.
- Agreed that it has option for Airbags and ABS, but at a cost of almost 1-1.5 lac extra which was way ahead of my budget.

Did I miss anything? Hope not.
Old 28th May 2008, 09:00   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Why I did not choose 1.6,
- Its more cc and hence less FE.
- the pickup and puling was "almost" same as this one.
- i had the 2 DIN, alloy, leather seats etc available in this Limited edition.
- Agreed that it has option for Airbags and ABS, but at a cost of almost 1-1.5 lac extra which was way ahead of my budget.

Did I miss anything? Hope not.
Mjothi is correct, I selected 1.4 based on this. more over limited edition looked VFM.
Old 28th May 2008, 17:07   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbaliga View Post

Cheers
-Rajesh
Others have given the good reasons for going for the 1.4 - the 1.4 LS LE is more value for money than the 1.6 LT model - but definitely 1.6 LT model will give more power.

I wouldnt necessarily call the 1.4 drive sluggish, its quite OK for normal city driving.

But, if you live in a city with a lot of slopes or drive across the ghats quite often - AND you are an aggressive driver who likes to overtake, weave in and out - then you need a more powerful engine.

If you just like to "cruise" along - then the 1.4 engine is perfect - and gives nearly 2-3 kms to the litre more than the 1.6 engine - and think about that when the petrol price goes up by 10 rs soon

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks