Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2008, 21:45   #91
Senior - BHPian

ok - 50-60 odd kilometers and a day later on the maniac bangalore streets - I am back where I belong to and happy to drive the 1st day without a dent.

The turbo lag gets on your nerves in 2nd and 3rd gear - The gap is too wide, and you just need to be patient to drive in 3rd gear from 1500RPM onwards. The Boooost doesnt come in HARD until 2500+ RPM and I did that only once in the Inner Ring Road. Liked it (mmmmm)

The headlights SUCK (need 100/90 ASAP)- Dash back lighting is sweet for that class. Did some MAJOR Offroading Off-Bannerghata Road, heard a handful of squeaks - Know that I have to live with it.

Oh and AC - WOW, What a chill Pill this tiny Alaska has to offer. FANTASTIC is a understatement - I had this BIG problem on my Alto. Now a happy man.

Better half is sad that the car is too wide and the GAP has increased between both of us - I will take that as a compliment to the car.

I loved the idea of 2 reading lights front and rear - come in very handy.

I problem with the design - Even when any of the 4 doors are closed improperly the light goes off - It gives a wrong indication of safety. Alto had a PERFECT FOOL SAFE system when any of the front doors we closed half way thru.

Now I have to change my rented home to a bigger safer Apt block SOON. This is a BIG car for the lane i live in. Mortal fear of the first scratch or a dent.

Oh and I AM STRICTLY folowing the 1 min IDLING RITUAL before moving and while going to stop. VERY IRRITATING though, Hope the ICE kills this MONOTONY.

Diesel meter has seen a BIG fall, Must be the day long CITY + AC, NOT shutting down at signals - Fear of not meeting the 1min schedule.

Love the boot, Had a short drive with better half and her 3 friends. They simply loved the AC and the space in the rear.

ODO Looks good for end of day 2 - 300Kms.

Keep reading , Oh and the pics are below.

Last edited by svsantosh : 8th June 2008 at 21:57.
Old 8th June 2008, 21:53   #92
Senior - BHPian

I just drive the last one minute before parking very slowly and keep the revs below 1.4k. I feel that it's as good as idling. The story behind it is that the turbo has to spin down when it's still lubricated. As long as you didn't rev it beyond 1.5k ( and woke up the turbo ) , it should be ok.

But after i got my ICE installed, I find myself idling a lot , lot more

I never felt that the headlamps needed an upgrade. heck, i dont even use high beam much. Try out the philips vision+/osram silverstar 55/60W stuff before you get the bigger stuff

EDIT: what photos ?

Further edit: what are you doing at 2500 rpm in the run in period !!!!!

Last edited by greenhorn : 8th June 2008 at 22:00.
Old 8th June 2008, 21:55   #93
Senior - BHPian

Good going Santhosh!

I pray that God gives you the strength to keep the rev within range!

And, where are the photos?
Old 8th June 2008, 22:00   #94
Senior - BHPian

Picasa Web Albums - santosh - Indigo CS

sorry, i will load the HUGE Images after resizing them in a few minutes...

EDIT

DONE
Attached Thumbnails
Indigo CS TDI - 40,000Kms done. Edit: SOLD-imgp1256.jpg  

Indigo CS TDI - 40,000Kms done. Edit: SOLD-imgp1257.jpg  

Indigo CS TDI - 40,000Kms done. Edit: SOLD-imgp1258.jpg  

Indigo CS TDI - 40,000Kms done. Edit: SOLD-imgp1259.jpg  

Indigo CS TDI - 40,000Kms done. Edit: SOLD-imgp1261.jpg  

Indigo CS TDI - 40,000Kms done. Edit: SOLD-imgp1262.jpg  

Indigo CS TDI - 40,000Kms done. Edit: SOLD-imgp1269.jpg  

Last edited by svsantosh : 8th June 2008 at 22:06.
Old 8th June 2008, 22:45   #95
BHPian

Hurray svsantosh! So you have got it! Lots of congrats!

Great choice of color. The contrast with black looks fabulous. Kindly post more pics. of the interiors.

Welcome to the Indigo CS club. Happy driving!

Last edited by crosscap : 8th June 2008 at 22:46.
Old 9th June 2008, 09:12   #96
Senior - BHPian

yes Crosscap AKA (THE Only other CS Owner here) - Gold Vs Black sure is nice - I had no choice about the colour - if you read my last few posts - I am stil happy

i willl surely post the interiors in a day or 2, waiting for ICE setup, may do it today - car w/o ICE Looks so blank.

PS - did u get the seat cover from TATA showroom? Mine told me that CS Vs the regular Indigo is a little offset - so they told the CS covers are still in the maling...

-------------------

First (Real) Irritant

After droping my folks in their places, did a solo around BTM Layout - and took a subtle left turn over a few rumbles - the rear bench's back rest just fell off. Did a postmortem and realized the locks were NOT in place and i had to bang it into place Now looks ok, lets wait for some thing else to crop up.
Old 9th June 2008, 09:28   #97
Senior - BHPian

@ crosscap and svsanthosh. update your garages
Old 9th June 2008, 09:44   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
yes Crosscap AKA (THE Only other CS Owner here) - Gold Vs Black sure is nice - I had no choice about the colour - if you read my last few posts - I am stil happy
Oh, yes. I read almost all your post. I forgot this point, .

Quote:
PS - did u get the seat cover from TATA showroom? Mine told me that CS Vs the regular Indigo is a little offset - so they told the CS covers are still in the maling...
I got it from the showroom. As far as I remember those covers are actually meant for regular indigo. Most of the CS items are yet to reach the dealers; for example, the manual itself -- it's an indigo manual with one-two extra scanned pages for CS. Did you get a regular Indigo CS manual?

I look forward to your report about P/W. I am getting too much of contradictory opinions.

-------------------
Quote:
First (Real) Irritant

After droping my folks in their places, did a solo around BTM Layout - and took a subtle left turn over a few rumbles - the rear bench's back rest just fell off. Did a postmortem and realized the locks were NOT in place and i had to bang it into place Now looks ok, lets wait for some thing else to crop up.
Did the fellows unlock the rear seats while fitting the accessories? It's a bit unusual.
Old 9th June 2008, 11:37   #99
BHPian

what is the difference between indigo cs TDI and DICOR
apart from technical ? (driveability , FE ,refinement etc ?).
Please reply from a driver/owner perspective.
Old 9th June 2008, 12:36   #100
Team-BHP Support

For city driving the DICOR makes higher torque from lower RPM. This gives is more pep in city and you can putter around in higher gear.
At the top end there is a slight refinement advantage, but nor much to choose.
Old 9th June 2008, 12:44   #101
Senior - BHPian

Hi Santosh,

> The Boooost doesnt come in HARD until 2500+ RPM and I did that only once > in the Inner Ring Road. Liked it (mmmmm)

Are you sure? The turbo kicks in at around 1800-1900RPM.

> The headlights SUCK (need 100/90 ASAP)

As greenhorn has said, never felt it. I drive almost 100% in dipped bream. You have a headlight bean adjuster. Is it in the correct position? A properly aligned headlamps should be fine even with the legal limit bulbs.

> Oh and AC - WOW, What a chill Pill this tiny Alaska has to offer.

My Marina's AC is much colder than my City's. Use the thermostat switch to good use. I sometimes keep it almost near the white red meeting point with the blower at 1 in the evenings / night drives.

> Even when any of the 4 doors are closed improperly the light goes off -

See if some door / switch adjustment cures that. The outside fitted autocop does show if a door is not closed.

> I AM STRICTLY folowing the 1 min IDLING RITUAL before moving and while
> going to stop.

I have never followed that!

> Diesel meter has seen a BIG fall, Must be the day long CITY + AC, NOT

Indica and it s cousins are notorius for not very linear meters. You will eventually get the hang of the position and the amount of fuel that will fill.

> ODO Looks good for end of day 2 - 300Kms.

Is your fuel guage to the left of the half way mark?
Old 9th June 2008, 13:12   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The headlights SUCK (need 100/90 ASAP)- Dash back lighting is sweet for that class. Did some MAJOR Offroading Off-Bannerghata Road, heard a handful of squeaks - Know that I have to live with it.

Oh and I AM STRICTLY folowing the 1 min IDLING RITUAL before moving and while going to stop. VERY IRRITATING though, Hope the ICE kills this MONOTONY.
The idling thing can be irritating sometimes but you have options to ease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
But after i got my ICE installed, I find myself idling a lot , lot more

I never felt that the headlamps needed an upgrade. heck, i dont even use high beam much. Try out the philips vision+/osram silverstar 55/60W stuff before you get the bigger stuff
Any idea where I can get it in Tvm?
Old 9th June 2008, 14:00   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
@ crosscap and svsanthosh. update your garages
Done!

(sorry for the new post.)
Old 9th June 2008, 14:16   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi Santosh,

> The Boooost doesnt come in HARD until 2500+ RPM and I did that only once > in the Inner Ring Road. Liked it (mmmmm)

Are you sure? The turbo kicks in at around 1800-1900RPM.
I guess when you floor the accelerator , the turbo lag means that by the time the rush comes , the tacho is at about 2,500 rpm. but once the turbo is spinning , 1800 is enough to keep it going

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Any idea where I can get it in Tvm?
No idea. mentioned them as they are the stuff that's been recommended on t-bhp elsewhere. I'm quite satisfied with the stuff i have
Old 9th June 2008, 18:59   #105
Senior - BHPian

hi greenhorn,

> I guess when you floor the accelerator , the turbo lag means that by the
> time the rush comes , the tacho is at about 2,500 rpm. but once the turbo > is spinning , 1800 is enough to keep it going

You could have a point there.

My main runs are Alleppey - Chanaganacherry & Cochin. I try my level best to be in the 70kph range as that is the limit for cars. Only when it is overtaking does it usually cross 2500RPM.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks