Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2008, 13:08   #166
Senior - BHPian

Does the guy have such a bullbar for the swift? I need HIDs
Old 5th November 2008, 13:10   #167
Team-BHP Support

The Bull bar cost 3700rs
Time to install : 45 minutes
The Fog Lamps cost 1600rs(100rs installation)
Time to install : 3 hours
2.5 hours was spent trying to make a hole in the bull bar.
First came bosch drill, and nothing happened, not even a dent.
Then they put in the "metal" drill bit, and gave full power, the drill bit broke into two
Then they tried manual method with pin and hammer and after a small hole was made drill was tried again.
Once that happened, the installation for 30 minutes only.
The reason for the speed was that no splicing or wire cutting was involved.
I told them, that do not touch the car wires, put separate wiring and fuse and earth wire.
So its a completely separate circuit direct from battery.
Downside : Even if car is off, they can be switched on, so risk is there that if I forget to turn them off
Upside : The car wiring is untouched, and nothing is messed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Does the guy have such a bullbar for the swift? I need HIDs
They have a factory, get anything made to your specifications

Last edited by tsk1979 : 5th November 2008 at 13:12.
Old 5th November 2008, 13:14   #168
Senior - BHPian

Nice looking addition there (though I'm not a fan of the steel pipe section), but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
tsk1979, a humble request, if you plan to do offroading (non sand) with this truck, please get rid of this bull bar.
this is going to affect your approach angles with the current fitment.
Old 5th November 2008, 13:18   #169
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Nice looking addition there (though I'm not a fan of the steel pipe section), but...
The carryboy type was messing with approach angles
Quote:
this is going to affect your approach angles with the current fitment.
I checked on a divider with sloping sides. As I inched forward the bottom of the bumper touches simultanously with the bull bar. The attachment is through the bumper grill, not under the bumper as in normal cases.
Old 5th November 2008, 14:42   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Hrag, I think you are thinking this is like the standard carryboy stuff or other bull bars where if the front hits the rock, the bull bar hits.
---
Infact I rejected tata OEM bullbar and clones(carryboy types) because those ones hook from below the bumper, and thus reduce the angle of approach, and if you hit any obstacle it will hit the bullbar. With this one, there is no such issue as it sits higher than the bumper

@Tanvir: I have been reading all your posts for 4-5 months and I always find you pretty logical in your writing.

Your car definitely looks better and is more safe (extra lights for off-roading & higway cruise) now.

Cheers!!!
Old 11th November 2008, 21:10   #171
BHPian

@tsk1979

Please post the add/contact details of Bimbra and any landmarks to find the place.
Old 12th November 2008, 00:12   #172
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
@tsk1979

Please post the add/contact details of Bimbra and any landmarks to find the place.
Here you go
bimbra Karol bagh - Google Maps
Talkatora road - Shankar Road - Go midway to Shankar road, on left you will see bimbra. Its on the elevated market from the road.
Old 12th November 2008, 12:18   #173
BHPian

Thanks. The quality of the bull bar looks very good, I think i'll pay him a visit, something is creeping up in my mind
Old 12th November 2008, 12:20   #174
Team-BHP Support

Yup quality is excellent. I inspected their innova, done 1 lakh+ on the same bullbar.
No sign of rust on the piping, however the fiber was scratched in some places
You can get anything custom made, for that you will have to go to their factory in Udyog Vihar, Their cheapest stuff is 3000rs, and most expensive stuff is around 6000
Old 12th November 2008, 12:32   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yup quality is excellent. I inspected their innova, done 1 lakh+ on the same bullbar.
No sign of rust on the piping, however the fiber was scratched in some places
Tanveer, how did you verify that the bullbar on the Innova had, in actual fact, done 1 lakh kms? The car may have done that mileage but not necessarily the bullbar?
Old 12th November 2008, 12:46   #176
Team-BHP Support

I had no reason to disbelieve them. Morover it had lots of dings and "hits" and indeed had been used as a battering ram.
Moreover, they guy who fitted the fog lamps also told me that the bull bar was one of the best quality he had ever seen.
And last but not the least, Ankit did a lot of research through his father to find a good manufacturer.
Old 12th November 2008, 14:34   #177
BHPian

@tsk1979: I remember a thread wherein you had written about your TD experience with mHawk. And you went for Safari (EX 4x4) as there was no 4x4 available in Scorpio.

After reclaiming for months how do you rate Dicor 2.2 over mHawk and how do you see your decision of going for Safari?

Cheers!!!
Old 12th November 2008, 14:44   #178
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepgautam_qa View Post
@tsk1979: I remember a thread wherein you had written about your TD experience with mHawk. And you went for Safari (EX 4x4) as there was no 4x4 available in Scorpio.

After reclaiming for months how do you rate Dicor 2.2 over mHawk and how do you see your decision of going for Safari?

Cheers!!!
I think I took the right decision
I used the 4x4 quite extensively.
Except for a few niggles, there have been no issues whatsoever with her.
Moroever, the scorpio 4x4(if it was available in mHawk) would have cost me around 1.5 lakhs more than the EX, therefore out of my budget and not at all VFM.
Moreover the high speed stability of the safari on straight roads is better than the mHawk. I took the mHawk to 100kmph during test run.
If I was mostly using the vehicle for city use, mHawk would have definitely made more sense, but for my long distance and off road usage, the safari is the right choice.
Old 12th November 2008, 15:01   #179
BHPian

Quote:
I think I took the right decision
I used the 4x4 quite extensively.
Except for a few niggles, there have been no issues whatsoever with her.
Moroever, the scorpio 4x4(if it was available in mHawk) would have cost me around 1.5 lakhs more than the EX, therefore out of my budget and not at all VFM.
Moreover the high speed stability of the safari on straight roads is better than the mHawk. I took the mHawk to 100kmph during test run.
If I was mostly using the vehicle for city use, mHawk would have definitely made more sense, but for my long distance and off road usage, the safari is the right choice.
I am a hardcore Safari fan and always wanted to own one but after coming across countless posts on "niggles with brand new SAFARIs" my cofidence shook a bit.

I have given at least a hundred tries to convince myself for Scorpio but my heart always Vetoes in favor of Safari.

There is still some time remaining before I can replace my Petra 1.6 with a Safari / Scorpio. I would definitely like to meet you and take your detailed advice before I buy my SUV.

Cheers!!!
Old 12th November 2008, 15:16   #180
Team-BHP Support

Deep, if you compare safari and mhawk of same trim levels its approx 70K more.
As for niggles, I won't misguide you here, you will get some.
For example the switches of HVAC controls in my safari are acting up.
On the first day itself all lights went off due to short somwhere in the steering assembly(This report has all the details)
As of today there are some suspension noises, and the new vehicle out of the showroom had rattles which were fixed in first service.
there is a possiblity that you may find some minor stuff in Scorpio also.
As for the major issues, I think the 2.2 engine has matured enough, and you won't find anything amiss.

Now its upto you to decide if you are ready to pay 70K more
1. You will possible get less "minor niggles" like power windows switch acting up or some stuff members here have seen
2. Engine of the mHawk is definitely smoother, no argument about it. Just standing outside the two will tell you that much
3. In the city, even in noida which has the best roads, Safari is a handful, scorpio is more like a car

So if your primary use is in city, the scorpio makes better sense.
But then in head vs heart its your call. I bought the indica with head 6 years back, so this time it was heart's turn.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks