Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2008, 16:11   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Is there no QC department in Tata? If the supplied fuse is of lesser rating than necessary, then they would have caught that by now, right?
Unless there is some underlying problem.
Fuses blowing is not really a good thing.
If this thing can frequently happen with the condenser, then this can also happen with a more critical component like the starter motor!
I dont think this particular issue is a QC problem. I think it is a case of faulty design in the electrical system (either that or the condensor fan is drawing more current than designed under normal operation). I say this because the 25A fuse blowing up is common in he 2.2 and the workshop tells me that replacing that with a 30A fuse has worked in all cases. Is working for me so far atleast.

They also tell me that the 3.0L does not suffer from this problem but then the condensor fan in the two models is not the same for some reason.
Old 27th November 2008, 16:13   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerintown View Post
They also tell me that the 3.0L does not suffer from this problem but then the condensor fan in the two models is not the same for some reason.
Correct - not once so far in my two years of ownership. That's why I was wondering how it was "common" on the 2.2.........
Old 27th November 2008, 16:29   #198
BHPian

Quote:
I dont think this particular issue is a QC problem. I think it is a case of faulty design in the electrical system (either that or the condensor fan is drawing more current than designed under normal operation). I say this because the 25A fuse blowing up is common in he 2.2 and the workshop tells me that replacing that with a 30A fuse has worked in all cases. Is working for me so far atleast.

Dicor 2.2 has been around for more than a year and it is really disappointing to see this kind of issues with it. It is sheer negligence by TML...how come they haven't been able to fix up such small issues. They are just exploiting our passion for Safari...if this is not true then why can't they get rid of small niggles, which every Dicor buyer is facing?

Cheers!!!
Old 27th November 2008, 19:00   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepgautam_qa View Post
Dicor 2.2 has been around for more than a year and it is really disappointing to see this kind of issues with it. It is sheer negligence by TML...how come they haven't been able to fix up such small issues. They are just exploiting our passion for Safari...if this is not true then why can't they get rid of small niggles, which every Dicor buyer is facing?

Cheers!!!

Absolutely agree with this. While these issues are not show stoppers, TML definitely needs to pull its act together in order to remove these small recurrent issues and improve the overall ownership experience. They probably do not realise how many sales they are losing due to people who like the vehicle not willing to risk getting handed a lemon and hence going with some other vehicle which they may otherwise not like as much!

Strangely the Safari is TML's premier vehicle but is known to suffer from many quality issues than their entry level vehicle, the Indica .
Old 27th November 2008, 19:11   #200
Senior - BHPian

i think tata is playing it safe, right from the infamous engine check light on xetas. they would rather have a blown fuse or a lit indicator than a burnt compressor or dud engine(given the spotty nature of their QC) . I guess thats why they keep their error thresholds low by design
Old 27th November 2008, 21:28   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Strangely the Safari is TML's premier vehicle but is known to suffer from many quality issues than their entry level vehicle, the Indica .
May be more complex so more issue

But I still consider Tata cars as best value for money.

Most of the Safari problems are because of the poor quality control for the third party parts
Old 27th November 2008, 21:52   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
Most of the Safari problems are because of the poor quality control for the third party parts
That is no 'comfort', Bharat!
The final responsibility HAS to be Tata's!
The buck MUST stop there!
Old 27th November 2008, 21:57   #203
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Yes, the manufacturers of all respective problematic cars.
Old 27th November 2008, 22:50   #204
Team-BHP Support

It was the fuse. Replaced it.
Will wait and watch, and will report it on service next week.
With the winters the only time AC gets called is to clear the windscreen!

She's done 7060kms, guess I will wait a week more for service.

Meanwhile the toolkit got opened for the first time today, I was looking for pliers to pull out the fuse. However, no pliers in the sealed package, so used scissors to pull out the fuse
Old 28th November 2008, 00:51   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It was the fuse. Replaced it.
Will wait and watch, and will report it on service next week.
With the winters the only time AC gets called is to clear the windscreen!

She's done 7060kms, guess I will wait a week more for service.

Meanwhile the toolkit got opened for the first time today, I was looking for pliers to pull out the fuse. However, no pliers in the sealed package, so used scissors to pull out the fuse
see!

Pilers with tool kit are rare these days !
Old 28th November 2008, 00:56   #206
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
see!

Pilers with tool kit are rare these days !
Guess I will buy a pair and keep. The indica tool kit had pliers, and they are quite handy for minor repairs.
Old 28th November 2008, 08:59   #207
Senior - BHPian

Good to hear that its resolved. So now there's a new niggle with the 2.2 - the AC fuse! So many people appear to have faced the problem but the company doesn't appear to have noticed

Quote:
However, no pliers in the sealed package, so used scissors to pull out the fuse
Careful - you might end up short circuiting the contact points! Why not use your hand LOL?
Old 28th November 2008, 09:57   #208
Team-BHP Support

Its too tight, so failed to take it out with hands.

Anyways I was very careful, and held the fuse from the top, and the vehicle was switched off when I did this

But this niggle is irritating, I guess I'll keep a couple of 25A spare fuses with me, esp in summers
Old 28th November 2008, 10:04   #209
BANNED

Reasonably common with the 3.0 as well - as per Concorde. Owner takes the vehicle, SA replaces with spare fuse, A/c works again, owner happy - no job card, no charge, no formal feedback to Tata from owners. Dealerships give feedback but customers don't complain as such (to the company).

Last edited by hrag : 28th November 2008 at 10:05.
Old 28th November 2008, 10:40   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
That is no 'comfort', Bharat!
The buck MUST stop there!
Mathur saab, 101% true, responsibility is with Tata, but I was just telling an additional facts. I am aware that some of the parts are outsourced to companies fairly new to the business.

Quote:
It was the fuse.
Good that its just fuse, will be interesting to see how far it goes

Quote:

However, no pliers in the sealed package, so used scissors to pull out the fuse
Thats becoming standard with most of the car companies. They are just providing bare minimum, and some times not even that. In my SX4, I got almost nothing, but my own toolbox, carried over from my Indica has tools to take care of lots of problems :-)

Last edited by rkbharat : 28th November 2008 at 10:43.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks