Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2009, 17:40   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
But kept searching for the 6th ! The car's very comfortable on the highway.
I felt the other way. It seriously need some more juice.It is good for 70-100 .After that very noisy.But FE keeps the big smile on my face .The worst i got was 15kpl during the initial kms ,i'm consistently getting 18-20kpl with a/c.I seriously doubt the OE goodyears or is it the brakes.I'm not that confident with high speed braking.

Last edited by bullboy : 26th May 2009 at 17:49.
Old 26th May 2009, 20:40   #182
BHPian

Thats was one of the great write-ups I have so far seen here. Absolutely stunning one. I am certain that you haver learned a lot from this forum to come up with such a detailed review. Thanks for that and congratulations for your new red-beauty. Enjoy your car and keep us posted.
Old 27th May 2009, 10:58   #183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
bullboy : It seriously need some more juice.It is good for 70-100 .After that very noisy.... I seriously doubt the OE goodyears or is it the brakes.I'm not that confident with high speed braking.
@Bullboy, agree with you : good upto 100, and also it needs a little more juice. When I said I was searching for the sixth, I was referring to the handling, and to try reduce the noise. ..

Braking looked good when I had done the TD. The 185/60's Yoko's feel good, better than the stock Goodyear's. Try it out if you can.

Quote:
varriers : Thats was one of the great write-ups I have so far seen here. Absolutely stunning one. I am certain that you haver learned a lot from this forum to come up with such a detailed review.
@varriers, thanks. Being a T-BHPian definitely helps.
Old 21st June 2009, 11:21   #184
Distinguished - BHPian

The Yoko's were losing air - all 4 of them. About 2 psi in the first 24 hours, and another 2 over the week. So was back at Nikhil's place yesterday. Things looking much better now. Will keep an eye on things ..

Nikhil, thanks !
Old 21st June 2009, 11:48   #185
BHPian

condor , did u notice the sound when switching on the ac a metallic tingggg. it cannot be heard from inside on the run, but when the car is still and windows rolled down and then ac is switched on the there is loud metallic noise coming.
Also when the steering is rotated full ,lock to lock,there is hisssssing like the sound of air leaking from a tube .ford workshop says it is quite ok .Anything noticed like this.
Old 21st June 2009, 17:26   #186
BHPian

Guys, any remedy for the pathetic rear view mirrors (exterior ones). I think that better rear view mirrors is a necessity! I almost knocked into a biker because I didnt see him.

Fitting the Fiesta's RVM?
Fitting any other car's RVM?
Making the OEM RVM more convex?
Old 1st July 2009, 14:25   #187
Distinguished - BHPian

2nd Service @ 4k

Completed the 2nd Service at 4k last week, at Lathangi Ford. Pretty much routine, with the oil & oil filter change. Bill was 1.3k.

General updates :
FE: still doing about 14.5kmpl.
Yet to check correctly after the problem of tire air pressure loss was resolved.

Importantly, a small dent was caused on the car, above & to the left of the fuel tank lid. They accepted it, and made up for the same without a fuss. Appreciate them for resolving the issue in a very responsible way.

@Bullboy, sorry : havent been able to check it. I will update you soon.
Old 3rd July 2009, 15:35   #188
BHPian

Condor ur FE is poor i think . I'm getting around 20kpl in city+highway .Now its raining here so no a/c now a days need to check the FE without a/c.
Damn, I hit a vertical pipe while reversing , no paint gone but big dent in the boot and it is difficult to shut the boot. :(
Also System-D need to be added with fuel .currently i'm not using any additives.
Old 3rd July 2009, 18:33   #189
BHPian

@Condor , Where did you get the rear number plate upper lip ? alos cost please.
Old 4th July 2009, 00:32   #190
Distinguished - BHPian

@bullboy, yes it's on the lower side.

@2theMax, got it from Metro Ford. 3.8k
Old 6th July 2009, 16:27   #191
BHPian

@Condor: Wonderful review!

Although I read the entire thread, I am stuck and still unable to decide between Swift and Ikon diesel. The budget is upto 7L and FE of around 20Kmpl.

Thanks much for the amazing in-sight on the car.

Will surely help me in deciding which one to go for.

I am a bit too nervous on the maintenance cost that may come up on the Ikon, i hear that spares are pretty costly?

Last edited by deadguy25 : 6th July 2009 at 16:32. Reason: -
Old 6th July 2009, 16:31   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
Condor ur FE is poor i think . I'm getting around 20kpl in city+highway .Now its raining here so no a/c now a days need to check the FE without a/c.
Damn, I hit a vertical pipe while reversing , no paint gone but big dent in the boot and it is difficult to shut the boot. :(
Also System-D need to be added with fuel .currently i'm not using any additives.
bullboy, does System-D make a difference to the pickup/mileage?
Old 6th July 2009, 16:53   #193
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadguy25 View Post
I am a bit too nervous on the maintenance cost that may come up on the Ikon, i hear that spares are pretty costly?
More like it used to be... spare prices have been corrected since and is on par with the competition these days. There was an ACI article comparing spares across various cars, you could take a look at that.
Old 6th July 2009, 17:10   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
Guys, any remedy for the pathetic rear view mirrors (exterior ones). I think that better rear view mirrors is a necessity! I almost knocked into a biker because I didnt see him.

Fitting the Fiesta's RVM?
Fitting any other car's RVM?
Making the OEM RVM more convex?
Proxima, guess you need to "tune" the RVM's. I found the RVM's to be pretty good, the best part being that they bend the other side and dont break easily because of that. I have had 2-3 instances where a biker or a Sumo Driver got too close and hit the RVM while trying to get ahead at a signal , it just bends the other way and you can easily get it back to the original position. Any other kind of RVM would have broken for sure.

Last edited by sammyboy : 6th July 2009 at 17:11.
Old 6th July 2009, 18:02   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Proxima, guess you need to "tune" the RVM's. I found the RVM's to be pretty good, the best part being that they bend the other side and dont break easily because of that. I have had 2-3 instances where a biker or a Sumo Driver got too close and hit the RVM while trying to get ahead at a signal , it just bends the other way and you can easily get it back to the original position. Any other kind of RVM would have broken for sure.
I would have to agree with Proxima, the ORVM are of bad design in terms of visibility, especially the left ORVM's. I 've found the Swift's mirror the best of the cars i have driven.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks