Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2009, 14:21   #76
BHPian

Condor: Are those 14" 100 PCD wheels? These are similar to what I have on my Swift, so the older ford (Nxt) alloys might not fit, correct?
gaurava911: Those must be dealer offerings with OE and exhoribtantly priced
Old 17th February 2009, 14:24   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Mpower : sales must be good : there was a pretty good waiting period for the car. Not sure if the Ikon CRDi can meet with similar success as the Ikon TDCi is seeing.
He meant Accent CRDi; but yes it should meet with success if priced properly (6L) as it is: already a proven product, quicker, better interiors and wonderful A.S.S
Old 17th February 2009, 15:03   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
Condor: Are those 14" 100 PCD wheels? These are similar to what I have on my Swift, so the older ford (Nxt) alloys might not fit, correct?
Those are 14" 108 PCD Auras. The NXT alloys would fit it like a charm, and why not?

Get the mud flaps, Parwath.
Old 17th February 2009, 15:26   #79
BHPian

Condor: Nice to see the same set of alloy that i have on my Ikon http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/795407-post472.html
Old 17th February 2009, 17:42   #80
BHPian

Good review, which gives a great insight into the Ikon TDCi, thanks mate
Old 23rd February 2009, 10:51   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Accessories : DIY Mats

After 3 weekends of trial-&-errors, finally got the mats done. First, the back-ground.

This is what I want : A translucent mat, that has spikes on the bottom which helps it sit firmly on the carpet without moving. Sufficiently thick & flexible. Want un-cut sheets so I can cut it to get a snug-fit, that will not allow mud / pebbles /debris to go to the carpet below.

Duratorq-in' with Josh: Ford Ikon TDCi * 4 years 7 months/43,941 km & Letting Go :(-spike-mat2.jpg

The Mahindra dealers here are providing this type of mats in their vehicles : Logan, Bolero etc. Have been searching for this, but no luck yet. JC Road, other places, through Satya etc, .. but the hunt is still on.

Getting the currently available set from the Mahindra dealers is not an option becuase it will already be cut to fit Mahindra vehicles. I am looking for this for use in the Sumo also. The people at these dealerships are not giving any information about its sourcing.

Saturday I did find a roll of translucent mat at Konark in Jayanagar. But this is flat on one side, and has ribs along the length of the mat on the other. Size is 1.2m x 1.5m, for about 950/-. Chinese make. Wasnt good enough, and I had already bought the ones I have put in now.

But this is what I found.
Duratorq-in' with Josh: Ford Ikon TDCi * 4 years 7 months/43,941 km & Letting Go :(-fibrous.jpg

Stuff that @JK has used in his Safari. Easy to cut & it also settles on the contours below it easily. But I find this type of mat to be good only for dry dirt / mud / dust. Anything other than that - like with water during rains or anything moist at other times, will be a pain to clean.

What I have now used is a thick vinyl mat, approx 2mm thick, retailing at about 450/- a meter, for a 6' 6" panna.

I had cut the front set more than a week back, and bounced it off Benny. He pointed out the bad fit at the edges (along the length) .. it became a very helpful guideline as I went about the rear mat - which was much more complex to work on than the front ones.

And the end result : a custom-cut, absoulte snug-fit color coordinated mat.

Duratorq-in' with Josh: Ford Ikon TDCi * 4 years 7 months/43,941 km & Letting Go :(-codriver-mat2a.jpgDuratorq-in' with Josh: Ford Ikon TDCi * 4 years 7 months/43,941 km & Letting Go :(-driver-mat-2a.jpg

Duratorq-in' with Josh: Ford Ikon TDCi * 4 years 7 months/43,941 km & Letting Go :(-rear-mat2.jpg

Duratorq-in' with Josh: Ford Ikon TDCi * 4 years 7 months/43,941 km & Letting Go :(-rear-mat-4.jpg

Did take some patience to sit & finish this. But happy the way the rear mat has turned out. Dont be surprised if re-do the front mats.

Approx cost of raw materials : 600/-
Tools used : mainly a scissors, blade & pen to mark on the mat.
Used the Sumo's damaged mat to get a rough shape of the mat. And some news paper to get the templates

Boot mat is yet to be cut - have a black mat for that, which I will be using for the Ikon boot & the Sumo. Pics of that later.

Quote:
AirWind : He meant Accent CRDi ..
@Airwind, thanks. Have got it corrected.
Quote:
benbsb29 : Get the mud flaps, Parwath.
Benny, they are lined up. The stock / OE flaps are just half (measures). Doesnt do much to prevent the water splashing on the body/doors - it needs to be longer to be effective. Did pick up a pair of 'Sparco' stamped stiff flaps, but had a re-think and will try a softer set like I have used on the Sumo.

Last edited by condor : 23rd February 2009 at 11:01.
Old 23rd February 2009, 20:23   #82
BHPian

Parwath, firstly, congradulations on the car! Good job you are doing there with the mats. Are these rubber/plastic? You might want to stitch the edges (give it 'lining' in local lingo) to prevent them from tearing off at the angles/where you might have cut the contours. Any specific reason for DIY? I have seen these mats being done routinely in Coimbatore so wondering if there are similar places in B'Lore that deal with this...
Old 23rd February 2009, 20:54   #83
BHPian

Mats look awsome. Still waiting for the ICE setup
Old 23rd February 2009, 22:10   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
quicksilver : Any specific reason for DIY? I have seen these mats being done routinely in Coimbatore so wondering if there are similar places in B'Lore that deal with this...
Sriram, thanks.

The mats are cut off a 2mm thick sheet of vinyl mat from wonderfloor. Yes, will definitely get the lining done in due time - it is necessary to protect the corners.

Reg why DIY for this : I doubt I will find this fit anywhere. And I get choice of color, material .. and the satisfaction of having done it myself.

Quote:
sajands : Mats look awsome. Still waiting for the ICE setup
Sajan, yes - sorely missing the ICE. But that also involves some DIY preparations before it can EVOlve into a regular ICE setup. Hence the delay.
Old 26th February 2009, 09:04   #85
BHPian

Condor, how many kms have you done so far? Update us pl.
Old 26th February 2009, 15:10   #86
Team-BHP Support

Parwath, you always leave things incomplete while posting here.
Put up the seat cover pics.

Great job on the rear mats. Re-do the front mats if you have the time. However, i think they may be slightly more difficult.
Old 26th February 2009, 15:18   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

@Proxima : it's 1675 km now.

@Benny : I think I have got a hang of the mats now : And the front mats are far easier than the rear one.
Old 26th February 2009, 16:00   #88
BHPian

@condor, a very nice review of the car and your car looks great!!

How much did you pay for the side skirts??
Old 26th February 2009, 17:42   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Benny & Proxima, here you go : Pics of the car with & without Side-Skirts.

The Side Skirts give the car a sportier (because of the apparent lowering of the body-line between the wheels), but a slightly chunkier look.

Attachment 101850

without the side-skirts:
Attachment 101851
I am not able to see any difference. Can someone please point out? They look exactly the same to me.
Old 26th February 2009, 18:11   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
zen91 : How much did you pay for the side skirts??
thanks, @Zen91. 1.8k for the skirts (without painting). 1.3k for painting outside.

Quote:
Proxima : I am not able to see any difference. Can someone please point out? They look exactly the same to me.
@Proxima : check the section of the body-line between the front & rear wheels. Also, the comparo pic there is at a diff angle -hence makes it a little difficult to differentiate. Then again, it's quite subtle an addition to stand out in those pics.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks