Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2009, 10:19   #76
Senior - BHPian

Unni, congrats on crossing the 30k mark. Nice to see you burn the fuel & scorch the roads at every available opportunity - way to go man

Nice pics as well
Old 2nd December 2009, 10:28   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Back from a home-town drive. On the way back, I crossed the 30k kms mark. In fact, if things go as planned, I've another 1500-1600kms round trip coming up towards end of Dec. Adding miles and loving it. Touched 150kmph today, just to celebrate the 30k mark!!
+
You are driving and driving more miles to keep the car's odometer running fast? Lol

Touched 150kmph - beware of the cops standing at the corner under the shade of a tree. Remember, Shaju paid rs.300 to the cops last week for overspeeding? and he decided to stop having dal for one month to compensate this penalty amount
Old 2nd December 2009, 14:51   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Unni, congrats on crossing the 30k mark. Nice to see you burn the fuel & scorch the roads at every available opportunity - way to go man

Nice pics as well
Thanks a lot Sumanji.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
You are driving and driving more miles to keep the car's odometer running fast? Lol

Touched 150kmph - beware of the cops standing at the corner under the shade of a tree. Remember, Shaju paid rs.300 to the cops last week for overspeeding? and he decided to stop having dal for one month to compensate this penalty amount
I try my best to keep the odo spinning!! The 150kmph was done on Salem - Hosur 4lane. I'm not aware of speed guns on that road. Hope they dont come up with it.
Old 2nd December 2009, 15:17   #79
Senior - BHPian

Congrats for crossing 30 K on the odo, Unni----mine just crossed 19.3 K today.

Looks like your urge to p.e.e. on state borders is keeping miles munching!!
Old 2nd December 2009, 16:54   #80
BHPian

Hey Unni, nice write-up. Do you look for mileage also. Initially you mentioned that you were driving below 90's so you will be geeting a good mileage. can you please share your mileage figures also. i think that is the only thing missing out from your logs
Old 2nd December 2009, 22:32   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Congrats for crossing 30 K on the odo, Unni----mine just crossed 19.3 K today.

Looks like your urge to p.e.e. on state borders is keeping miles munching!!
Thanks. The urge sure does help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Hey Unni, nice write-up. Do you look for mileage also. Initially you mentioned that you were driving below 90's so you will be geeting a good mileage. can you please share your mileage figures also. i think that is the only thing missing out from your logs
Thanks Anumod. Now a days I keep it between 90-100kmph. Thats where I'm most comfortable. I used to relegiously check mileage till about 25k kms. At that time I was getting about 18-19kmpl for my highway drives, with 100% AC on. A good amount of my kms are B'lore - Alleppey trips. On such trips, I switch off the car only after I reach home, if I'm driving alone. Going by the kms covered between tank fulls, I think I'm still getting 18-19kmpl.
Old 2nd December 2009, 22:50   #82
oss
BHPian

Congrats Unni. Many more miles of happy driving

Just got my Fiesta back from first service. Will write my experiences in the first 5000kms soon.

So far went up to 140 kmph only. It's time to slam that pedal i guess
Old 3rd December 2009, 11:07   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Congrats Unni. Many more miles of happy driving

Just got my Fiesta back from first service. Will write my experiences in the first 5000kms soon.

So far went up to 140 kmph only. It's time to slam that pedal i guess
Thanks OSS. You can start treating your car normally now. Enjoy!! Looking forward to your drive experience.
Old 3rd December 2009, 21:10   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
A good amount of my kms are B'lore - Alleppey trips. On such trips, I switch off the car only after I reach home, if I'm driving alone.
Oh, yeah! Dont remind me of that trip.

The mileage all you diesel folks get in return really makes me jealous, and makes me wanna switch to a diesel vehicle. The purse complains when tanking up with a petrol vehicle.
Old 3rd December 2009, 22:52   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Oh, yeah! Dont remind me of that trip.

The mileage all you diesel folks get in return really makes me jealous, and makes me wanna switch to a diesel vehicle. The purse complains when tanking up with a petrol vehicle.
Is that why you have not travelled with me ever since!!!

Buy a diesel Benny boy, you need it.
Old 7th December 2009, 15:30   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. The urge sure does help.

A good amount of my kms are B'lore - Alleppey trips. On such trips, I switch off the car only after I reach home, if I'm driving alone..
Hey Unni,

That's astonishing, more than 12 hours sitting in a stretch. I can't drive for more than 4 hours without taking a break for 15 minutes.
Old 7th December 2009, 22:05   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Unni,

That's astonishing, more than 12 hours sitting in a stretch. I can't drive for more than 4 hours without taking a break for 15 minutes.
It all depends on the road. If the roads are bad, I take more breaks. I hate stopping on the way to eat during my B'lore - Alleppey trips, so carry some chocolates and biscuits in the car. Saves time.
Old 8th December 2009, 14:04   #88
BHPian

Hi unni,

My friends used to take the Kumily route for Alleppey (Both ambalappuzha and Alleppey). Do you take Palaghad route.

They were saying that Palaghad route you can't take much speed eventhough Kumily route is longer it takes less time.

I am from Kanjirappally and I always take Kumily route.
Old 9th December 2009, 14:10   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Hi unni,

My friends used to take the Kumily route for Alleppey (Both ambalappuzha and Alleppey). Do you take Palaghad route.

They were saying that Palaghad route you can't take much speed eventhough Kumily route is longer it takes less time.

I am from Kanjirappally and I always take Kumily route.
I've never taken the Kumily route yet and always have taken Palghat route except once, when I went via Mysore - Perinthelmanna route. Read in the forum that Kumily route is pretty good. For Kanjirapally its better to take Kumily route. I'll be around that area during Xmas!!

The roads thru Palghat have improved and I take under 11hrs to cover 625kms.
Old 11th December 2009, 10:35   #90
BHPian

Quote:
I've never taken the Kumily route yet and always have taken Palghat route except once, when I went via Mysore - Perinthelmanna route. Read in the forum that Kumily route is pretty good. For Kanjirapally its better to take Kumily route. I'll be around that area during Xmas!!

The roads thru Palghat have improved and I take under 11hrs to cover 625kms.
Ok then its good. I take normally less than 10 hours to cover 570 KM with a couple of breaks in between. Starting from Madiwala at 6 and reaches Kanjirappally by 4

This X'mas I am in HYD only

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks