Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2011, 16:38   #481
BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

The mailman brought me the insurance renewal form, which informs me that my renewal premium is 18,789/-

Now what I had paid for the car at the time of purchase was 25,585/- from Reliance General Insurance.

Now I went online and checked the premium on Bajaj Allianz website, also since I have had a very good experience with them on my Accent.

They quote IDV as 8,40,000 and premium as 13,104/-, whereas the Reliance GI guys have quoted the 'depreciated' IDV as 6,38,595 and premium as 18789/-.

From what little I know, it's is advised to keep IDV high, for claims and resale etc purposes.

Any light on this? I am quite inclined to the Bajaj Allianz figures.
Old 12th December 2011, 18:45   #482
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
The mailman brought me the insurance renewal form, which informs me that my renewal premium is 18,789/-

Now what I had paid for the car at the time of purchase was 25,585/- from Reliance General Insurance.
Stay away from Reliance. Friend didnt have a great experience on his cedia. As I always say, you need to be the shareholder of reliance but not their customer .

Quote:
Now I went online and checked the premium on Bajaj Allianz website, also since I have had a very good experience with them on my Accent.

They quote IDV as 8,40,000 and premium as 13,104/-, whereas the Reliance GI guys have quoted the 'depreciated' IDV as 6,38,595 and premium as 18789/-.
The Bajaj Allianz quote looks too low for the IDV, check the small print carefully. Bajaj Allianz is good though.

Also, you might want to try Tata AIG 0% depreciation. With 8.5Lac IDV, i guess the premium for 0% dep should be around 18k with 20% no cliam..

Quote:
From what little I know, it's is advised to keep IDV high, for claims and resale etc purposes.
Its better to keep the IDV a little high, helps in getting better value in case of theft..

In between, the car took a small hit today. I was to take a left turn at a T point and a biker came from left from the service lane and hit my left front bumper. I had almost stopped but he was a little fast (30-40), so couldnt stop in time. Not exactly his fault and not mine either..

Damage: dislocated bumper, 1 fog light lock broken from inside and some paint rip off.. Applied some 3M rubbing to clear the bumper. Some pics, will get the bumper adjusted tomorrow..

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-photo.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-2.jpg

EDIT: OT 1000 post

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 12th December 2011 at 18:47.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2011, 19:39   #483
BHPian

Can someone suggest a reliable local service center in Mumbai for my 4 year old Cedia?
Authorised HM dealer aren't great, so makes more sense specially with no warranty.

Location preference would be eastern suburbs.
Old 12th December 2011, 22:16   #484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post

The Bajaj Allianz quote looks too low for the IDV, check the small print carefully. Bajaj Allianz is good though.
I agree. I just got Bajaj Allianz policy for 13.2K with IDV 4.62L.
@mandheer: How much NCB do you have?

Quote:
EDIT: OT 1000 post
Nice.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2011, 22:58   #485
Senior - BHPian

@gc: Did some more clean up of the alloys on Sunday.
Some photos for you
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2608325
Old 14th December 2011, 10:12   #486
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
@gc: Did some more clean up of the alloys on Sunday.
Man, No way, those alloys look 100,000 kms old. I mean they dont even look 10,000 kms old. Mine are like not even in 1/4 as good condition as yours, Thanks to a little offroading I used to do on old bridgestones to get to office if there were jam in gurgaon..

I had asked the tire shop guy near my place to keep an eye for OZ for cedia, if at all he gets them and he lately had a guy that was selling new OZs of his cedia for 30k. the tire guy and me tried to convince him to get down to 15k (I'd have given 2k to Tire dealer as well) but he didnt bulge .

Looks like I ll be running on stock alloys for now. I clean them using Mr. Muscle. I know, I know, they are not to be cleaned using a kitchen cleaner, but believe me it works.
Old 14th December 2011, 12:29   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishaltanksale View Post
Can someone suggest a reliable local service center in Mumbai for my 4 year old Cedia?
Authorised HM dealer aren't great, so makes more sense specially with no warranty.

Location preference would be eastern suburbs.
I would recommend you try the new authorized service station- Aquest.

It's at Chandivali, near Sakinaka and would be convenient as they provide a very reliable pick up and drop.

There are a lot of spurious parts on the market for the Cedia, and the Aquest bunch are a very simple and honest lot, nothing like any service station I have experienced.

This guy Vinay there does a good job, just my two bit unless you have the luxury of time to invest in checking the authenticity of pats sourced from aftermarket etc.

The facility manager is Reynold is also helpful.

Old 14th December 2011, 17:26   #488
BHPian

Thanks. I am aware of Aquest.

I haven't tried them yet, but havn't heard good stories about them as well.
Old 15th December 2011, 03:46   #489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

So do enlighten us with the bad ones, any input whether positive or negative or mixed on A.S.C. is useful information.

BTW, I have used their service once for running repairs and found them quite proactive.
Old 15th December 2011, 14:20   #490
BHPian

Quote:

Well, stories yes, and I just told you mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I agree. I just got Bajaj Allianz policy for 13.2K with IDV 4.62L.
@mandheer: How much NCB do you have?
They have given 20%, which is OK for the first year am assuming.

I also noticed the IDV quoted online was higher than what the Bajaj Allianz call centre guys called and quoted.

This is both for the Accent and Cedia, since both renewals are around the corner.

Guess I will renew the Accent's online and also buy the Cedia's policy online.

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th December 2011 at 15:52. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread. Thanks.
Old 15th December 2011, 14:43   #491
Senior - BHPian

I think 20% is the norm - but I am not 100% sure.

So, you would have got 2-3K discount, I am assuming.

Normally new IDV should be (previous IDV) - (10% of previous IDV)
Old 15th December 2011, 14:55   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
So do enlighten us with the bad ones, any input whether positive or negative or mixed on A.S.C. is useful information.

BTW, I have used their service once for running repairs and found them quite proactive.
From what I understand, they are really short of experiened technicians. I remember around April time when I went their last for car service, I saw one of their Driver actually servicing a car

Not that GN Auto is any great.
I replaced my front lower arms earlier this year for the noise problem (at GN) and I am still facing same issue. I have escalated this to HM and still following-up with them for resolution.

That is the reason I am looking for a local mechanic who can do better job and at much lesser cost.
Old 15th December 2011, 19:09   #493
Senior - BHPian

I see no harm in a driver transforming in to a technician or vice versa as long as they know what they are doing.

In any case the period of February thru May was one of flux for this dealership as there was a change in the Management. The entire setup including the showrooms in Malad, Navi Mumbai & somewhere in town (not the one at Atria mall) as well as the service centres in Andheri, Sanpada & a new one in Santacruz (East) were taken over by the group of Lakozy Toyota lineage. I had been there in February for service and the situation was bad so got the service done at Poona. Later when I went again in June the picture was far better and I had a satisfactory experience. You may want to give them another try.

Quote:
From what I understand, they are really short of experiened technicians. I remember around April time when I went their last for car service, I saw one of their Driver actually servicing a car
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 15:47   #494
Senior - BHPian

Went to CP last evening and stopped at Ferrari showroom to see this white FF. Looked Incredible! Four seats and four wheel drive.. I love it..

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_0806.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_0807.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_0808.jpg
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 16:01   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
I see no harm in a driver transforming in to a technician or vice versa as long as they know what they are doing.
No harm if they are trained and really transformed. In this case, I new they were used to fill the shortfall of technicians.
But you may be correct, they had this issue early this year when they were setting up their shop.

Hope things have changed and improved now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks