Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2011, 16:06   #496
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

@GC: WoW! Wish you had taken a better camera along.

However, the white/ silver shades do not look so good as the dark and vibrant colors such as red or yellow for Ferrari.

Edit: Saw a yellow Cedia sports this morning on the way to office. It looked like a recently purchased car and the yellow looked fabulous. The paint quality on Cedia is really top-notch.

Later, visited the stockyard of one Maruti dealer for a PDI and checked out some other cars. The paint quality was not really anywhere close (yes cars were dusty but some panels were clean and shining) to what Mitsubishi offers.
After all, you get what you pay for.

Last edited by S_U_N : 19th December 2011 at 16:11.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2011, 11:50   #497
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Though I havent tried at better places, I am not able to find the battery of the car's key. The battery of the second key was not working ever since I bought the car (I recon thats because It went dead as it wasnt used). I have been using the first key and the battery of the same died 2 days back.

So any idea where I can get the battery, a big shop that sells watches may be, or any other place? Its a Panasonic CR1616 3V battery..made in Japan.

For now, I am using the key to lock/unlock the doors. The locks on both sides were a bit hard, as I never used them, so a little WD40 took care of it.

Got this of ebay, damn Rs.1100 for a CR1616 battery..

Sony Lithium Coin Battery CR1616 | eBay

Will these batterys also do? CR2032?

Sony CR2032 3V Lithium Button Coin Cell Battery 10piece | eBay

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 26th December 2011 at 12:04.
Old 26th December 2011, 12:35   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Though I havent tried at better places, I am not able to find the battery of the car's key. The battery of the second key was not working ever since I bought the car (I recon thats because It went dead as it wasnt used). I have been using the first key and the battery of the same died 2 days back.

Had to use the second key yesterday since dad had taken the first one along by mistake.
The remote didn't work for a bit and then suddenly started working after repeated attempts. Try that

So any idea where I can get the battery, a big shop that sells watches may be, or any other place? Its a Panasonic CR1616 3V battery..made in Japan.

For now, I am using the key to lock/unlock the doors. The locks on both sides were a bit hard, as I never used them, so a little WD40 took care of it.

Got this of ebay, damn Rs.1100 for a CR1616 battery..

Sony Lithium Coin Battery CR1616 | eBay

Will these batterys also do? CR2032?

Sony CR2032 3V Lithium Button Coin Cell Battery 10piece | eBay

Available for Rs. 300 at excel. I asked yesterday. I'm sure Asian Motors will have it and I think any decent watch shop should be able to procure one.

Last edited by sukrit7 : 26th December 2011 at 12:36.
sukrit7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2011, 12:41   #499
Senior - BHPian

Quite correct a watch repair shop is the right place to go to for all of your remote batteries. Every major market has at least one shop that will have dedicated technicians in house. These guys have all sorts of button cells and will match the size and the voltage as given on the original cell. Further they are very careful in opening and closing the covers thanks to their daily working with watch cases.

Quote:
khoj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2011, 13:31   #500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
The remote didn't work for a bit and then suddenly started working after repeated attempts.
Nope doesnt work...

Quote:
Available for Rs. 300 at excel. I asked yesterday. I'm sure Asian Motors will have it and I think any decent watch shop should be able to procure one.
No, Asian Motors doesnt stock them, have asked on number of previous occasions. Lets see, I will try at a few places including watch repair shops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Quite correct a watch repair shop is the right place to go to for all of your remote batteries.... Further they are very careful in opening and closing the covers thanks to their daily working with watch cases.
Thanks Sir, will try the near by market in the evening and see if I find one.. In fact, need 6 of them, 2 each for the three cars..
Old 26th December 2011, 13:44   #501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can also check with any car accessories shop in your locality - that's where I'd picked up a spare battery for the Safari remote before going to Leh. And it's a DIY, nothing that you cannot do yourself if you have one of those small screwdrivers
suman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2011, 14:52   #502
BHPian

Any tyre recommendations? Have finished close to 29k on the stock tyres and seems like they will last for maybe 5-7k more. Just wanted to check which tyres suit the Cedia as the stock ones are very very noisy. Also approx price would be great.
Old 28th December 2011, 15:24   #503
Senior - BHPian

The usual suspects are

1. Yokohama AVS dB 500

Pros : Made in Japan, Very Grippy, Comfortable, Silent

Cons : Unidirectional

2. Michelin Primacy LC

Pros : Good reviews on the forum

Cons : Expensive

Caution : Some shops stock 195/65R15 which is actually meant for the Civic. Do ensure that you get the 195/60R15 meant for our rides.

3. Yokohama C Drive

Pros : VFM, Good grip, comfortable and silent

Cons : Some users have reported the steering going or feeling very light after they switched to the C drives

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Any tyre recommendations? Have finished close to 29k on the stock tyres and seems like they will last for maybe 5-7k more. Just wanted to check which tyres suit the Cedia as the stock ones are very very noisy. Also approx price would be great.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2011, 15:57   #504
BHPian

Thanks Khoj. Any idea on the prices?
Old 28th December 2011, 15:57   #505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
I too would recommend Yoko AVS dB 500 and Michelin Primacy LC. You can add Bridgestone Touranza ER60 to the list if you want little more life and rigidity compared others. Also, check the MRF ZLOs, though I have heard that the life will be low on these even compared to AVS and LC sss..

Quote:
Any idea on the prices?
AVS should be around 5k, LC around 6k, ER60 around 5.5k.
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Yokohama AVS dB 500

Cons : Unidirectional
How many kms have you covered on AVS..Since they are unidirectional, they being silent even after good kms on the clock is amazing..

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 28th December 2011 at 15:59.
Old 28th December 2011, 16:00   #506
BHPian

The AVS seems to be good VFM, from that list. How many kilometers would they last?
Old 28th December 2011, 18:50   #507
Senior - BHPian

20000 kilometers only in as many months. Tread depth is nearly 80% of the original (visual estimation) should be usable up to 35000 kms at least. My usage is over all sorts of surface no roads, MDRs to NHs.

at myself for not getting out on the road more often. However the vehicle was used seriously only in the following months April 10, October 10, January 11 and July 11. Say the vehicle was used off and on for 400 kms a month x 16 months = 6400 kms. So for the months of serious usage, the average running per month is 3400 kilometers

Quote:
How many kms have you covered on AVS..Since they are unidirectional, they being silent even after good kms on the clock is amazing..

Last edited by khoj : 28th December 2011 at 18:53.
Old 28th December 2011, 21:40   #508
Senior - BHPian

PLC in Pune cost me 5400 rupees.
Old 31st December 2011, 13:28   #509
Senior - BHPian

Popped the hood to check fluids and stuff and was shocked to see rat foot prints on the engine head cover. Frightened, I checked the cables for injectors and spark plugs and they seemed to be fine...

Started the car and drove about 5-6 kms but no issues....thank god.

Will check the thread on how to keep rats away from the car.

@ Khoj sir: any specific measures you have taken after the rat incident...?

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 31st December 2011 at 13:29.
Old 2nd January 2012, 12:21   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Popped the hood to check fluids and stuff and was shocked to see rat foot prints on the engine head cover. Frightened, I checked the cables for injectors and spark plugs and they seemed to be fine...

Started the car and drove about 5-6 kms but no issues....thank god.

Will check the thread on how to keep rats away from the car.

@ Khoj sir: any specific measures you have taken after the rat incident...?
Happy 2012 everyone!

Hi GC, this friend of mine had a similar problem in his Swift, and I guess I might've posted about it earlier, but cant recollect.

Basically he used to hang naphthalene balls in his engine bay, it was easy since many of them come in nets etc., and he said it helped.

However, the guys who wash my cars advise to hang local tobacco packets, since that's what the taxi and auto guys do here in Mumbai.

Rats do a lot of damage to their taxis and rickshaws in the monsoons, and they say open packets of tobacco either kept or hung in the engine area help keep rats and mice away.

Yet to try, will update if helpful.

On the insurance- renewed from Bajaj Allianz, they offered a better deal online.

Got IDV of 816000/-, they were ready to offer upto 850000/- but I opted out, and instead put that money into 'Drive Assure' which entitles me to 24x7 SPOT ASSISTANCE, Depreciation Shield, Engine Protector etc.

Thought it made sense. Attaching the detailer for Drive Assure, it is similar to the 0% Depreciation offered by Tata AIG.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Drive Assure - 1.pdf (37.8 KB, 1242 views)
File Type: pdf DriveAssure.pdf (1.01 MB, 1585 views)
mandheers is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks