Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2012, 12:25   #616
BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

GC, guys, you might want to check this out: 2012 Ford Mustang GT Coupe - wheeler's Garage - Team-BHP

Sadly, there is no *nerdy* smiley!
Old 22nd May 2012, 13:52   #617
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

This was early 2011 - january or february. Looks like this leaky hose a chronic issue and Mitsubishi should honestly do a recall for this.
Old 22nd May 2012, 18:39   #618
Senior - BHPian

^Do you think if I write to them they will give me some discount?
I mean, after 1 lac km and 5.5 years? :P
Old 23rd May 2012, 00:18   #619
BHPian

Thanks guarav, I'm going through your excellent reports very carefully. as always your advice is spot on, now i have lot of info to consider before i make my purchase. Thanks again, but I will get back to you to pick your brains if i get to see this Cedia properly and think it's worth considering.
Also my Lancer is not in too bad a condition but yeah it will need at least Rs. 50-55k, but more critically it will need a lot of personal attention while it's been done up.

@prashant, you're most welcome to catch me for any info on the Cedias that i've come across till now, though i feel you might have checked them out yourself by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Although, getting lancer back in shape isnt a bad idea...
Please go through the issues I posted in the long term ownership...

Get the car properly check from ASC...

Probably, you and prashant can look for cedia together ...

And the detailed list of damage so far, 87.5k kms on the clock

Attachment 930490
Old 23rd May 2012, 15:49   #620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
^Do you think if I write to them they will give me some discount?
I mean, after 1 lac km and 5.5 years? :P
No harm trying,especially since the power steering oil seepage seems as common as the clock spring issue. Gaurav and I both got 50% off on it by simply writing an email, and nothing more. Both of us termed the problem as a generic/common issue that Mitsubishi should have addressed.
Do try. It's worth a shot.
Old 23rd May 2012, 21:38   #621
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
No harm trying,especially since the power steering oil seepage seems as common as the clock spring issue. Gaurav and I both got 50% off on it by simply writing an email, and nothing more. Both of us termed the problem as a generic/common issue that Mitsubishi should have addressed.
Do try. It's worth a shot.
Ok. But I think your cars were under warranty when that happened, right?

I did some test in the evening to check power steering hose leakage.
Basically with engine ON, my wife moved the steering wheel left and right for 2-3 minutes and I observed if I can see the oil/fluid coming out from somewhere. However I could not spot anything as such even with a flash light.
There is some noise as the pressure builds up, but I think that is normal.

Anyway, here I am attaching some fresh photos.
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-p1130666.jpg
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-p1130669.jpg
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-p1130674.jpg
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-p1130675.jpg
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-p1130678.jpg

I think the leak is from Hose 2 and not from Hose 1.
I am wondering if I can somehow clean the hoses by spraying a jet of water and see if it comes back after driving a little bit.

General engine bay shots

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-p1130680.jpg
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-p1130681.jpg

Power steering fluid level. I don't know if they topped it up during the summer camp.

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-p1130684.jpg

One point I forgot to mention is that the engine bay was pressure washed by the A.S.S. works manager for cleaning the condenser (since I had expressed AC problem).
Old 23rd May 2012, 23:05   #622
Senior - BHPian

Damn, the AC discharge pipe which I got repaired last year (actually only the ends were same, the rubber pipe and cubbings were new.) has gone kaput. I was going to CP and I heard a negligible thud and I thought it could be something under the tire. A minute later AC stopped cooling and I knew something was wrong. I opened the hood and check the AC belt which was fine, then checked the discharge pipe and it was kaput from one end. Went to CP and came back in terrible heat. Reminded me of 800 days .

Called Asian Motors to enquire about the pipe and it costs 11k plus labour and gas. Will cost me about 14k and warranty is only for 3 months. Then called my brother in law, who had car AC business 5-6 years back and he said that the shop keeper who fixed my pipe is in business for 20-22 years and knows his job. There are rare chances that discharge pipe goes kaput this soon again but then considering the immense heat and pressure the pipe is under, it can go kaput. He recommended that I get the pipe fixed again rather than going for a new one.

And then if Mandheer's car's new pipe can go in one year, my repaired pipe can obviously go in 8 months. Anyways, I am a little fed up of getting things done between the service intervals, whatever happed to the japanese reliability and 1 or 2 times service per year. Will hopefuly cost me 3-4 hours and under 2k rupees.

Will get it done tomorrow and update. Will reply to other posts in some time. Time for dinner .

Anyways, happy petrol day, in delhi, it will go up by 7 rupees or so and you should have checked the queues at the filling stations..

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 23rd May 2012 at 23:08.
Old 24th May 2012, 15:19   #623
Senior - BHPian

^While I have too heard about Japanese reliability, every since Mandheer has started experiencing problems with his car, I have doubts about quality control these days.
I don't know about the level of localization for Cedia (I think it would be less than 10% perhaps) which might have resulted in these problems for Mandheer.

My car - 2006 model, with probably no localization - has had its own share of problems - headlights (more so with reflectors) and now with leakage (hoses and seals).
But I am not sure if this is normal for a 5.5 year old car.
What is strange is that the car has done only 3000 KM since the last service and now I am told that there are three leakages - p/s hose, some gear oil seal and a shock absorber.
What went wrong all of a sudden?

Edit: Did anyone take a look at this site? http://www.amayama.com/demand/
Old 24th May 2012, 21:57   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
^While I have too heard about Japanese reliability, every since Mandheer has started experiencing problems with his car, I have doubts about quality control these days.
I don't know about the level of localization for Cedia (I think it would be less than 10% perhaps) which might have resulted in these problems for Mandheer.

My car - 2006 model, with probably no localization - has had its own share of problems - headlights (more so with reflectors) and now with leakage (hoses and seals).
But I am not sure if this is normal for a 5.5 year old car.
What is strange is that the car has done only 3000 KM since the last service and now I am told that there are three leakages - p/s hose, some gear oil seal and a shock absorber.
What went wrong all of a sudden?

Edit: Did anyone take a look at this site? New inquiry - Amayama Trading
The earlier models are better off, mine is a near write-off. That and Mitsubishi guys somehow feel they have a fabulous product, are helpful and all but have scarily high levels of conviction in their product.

I even went to the extent of checking with a lawyer for a case against them in consumer forum, but he said it takes a lot of one's time, effort and some money. Case closures could take years and courts rarely are able to get vehicles replaced etc. forget refunds. It would mean going tooth and nail after them and making it a single point agenda, and that's too much waste.

Localization would be part to blame and part the A.S.S. guys who want more share of the pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Damn, the AC discharge pipe which I got repaired last year (actually only the ends were same, the rubber pipe and cubbings were new.) has gone kaput.

And then if Mandheer's car's new pipe can go in one year, my repaired pipe can obviously go in 8 months. Anyways, I am a little fed up of getting things done between the service intervals, whatever happed to the japanese reliability and 1 or 2 times service per year. Will hopefuly cost me 3-4 hours and under 2k rupees.
Even in my case I strongly feel the Aquest guys were 1. taking me for a ride by saying it wasn't under warranty, and 2. they probably only repaired the pipe, since they usually put all replaced parts in the boot to show customers, and they took a day extra for delivering the car back when Mitsubishi customer service guys told me approval was given on the fist day itself.

I have been trying to find time to go personally to Aquest and get the steering noise and play checked. There is excess play to the right, oh well, let me not get started.

Had taken Saturday's appointment but they called yesterday to cancel it saying the facility is shut this Saturday. The only time I might have time next is probably a few weeks later or else I will have to take a day off from work, and I hate doing that.

Last edited by mandheers : 24th May 2012 at 21:58.
Old 28th May 2012, 17:50   #625
Senior - BHPian

OK. I am back with some more pictures.
Took a day off to get a second opinion from a more trustworthy place - TuneUpPlus.

They washed the engine bay (near the p/s hose and the under side (near axle and gear box).

Rear shocker leakage. Somehow I was not able to photograph from this angle in my earlier underbody adventure.
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20120528_110734.jpg
Before engine bay wash
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20120528_113446.jpg

After engine bay pressure wash with some diesel cleaning. I think diesel has left some stains, or perhaps something else on the cloth.

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20120528_115728.jpg

Another issue: One engine mount has got a slight crack. Somehow I was not able to see that when I actually took the photo (and I can't see that even now). But I did see the slight crack when I was at the service center. Will try to clean this part and check again.
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-p1130717.jpg

I did a small drive and then we checked back if there is any leakage. But we did not see any thing.
Back home, (after 20KM drive), I clicked some more photos.
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-p1130731.jpg
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-p1130737.jpg
The drops of water that you see is from the AC outlet.

The AC outlet water keeps dripping in that region. With the earlier p/s fluid getting mixed with this water, probably made the complete area wet.
I think I should drive without AC for some time after cleaning up everything.

The conclusions so far:
1. Rear shocker is leaking, but we can continue with it for some time - it is not that bad.
2. Gear oil leakage seems to actually be grease from axle boot.
3. P/S hose: No fresh fluid leak detected. So, I will drive for 100-200 km and then observe.

Overall, I want to clean up the engine bay as much as I can without messing up with any electronics.
Which are the areas that I should not sprinkle water (I will use a regular hand held water spray)

Last edited by S_U_N : 28th May 2012 at 17:53.
Old 29th May 2012, 17:19   #626
BHPian

The prep for the Mumbai-Pune meet is underway.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...et-2012-a.html

S_U_N, try making it.

GC might get tempted too and burn some rubber.

Khoj sir are you around Mumbai that time?
Old 29th May 2012, 21:16   #627
Senior - BHPian

Hi Mandheer,

I drove back in to Dilli yesterday after nearly 2 weeks in Bombay, had no inkling of the meet. Anyhow let the date be firmed up, will take a call at that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post

Khoj sir are you around Mumbai that time?
Old 30th May 2012, 09:37   #628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...et-2012-a.html

S_U_N, try making it.
I realized this is a dinner meet. I won't drive in the night till I get my projectors + HID's in place. And due to strong dollar, this project has been postponed for some time. So, I will have to skip this one.
Old 2nd June 2012, 19:36   #629
Senior - BHPian

Just cleaned the engine bay partially.
Can someone check their car and let me know if you see this thin strip of plastic in there?
In the second photo you can see it just below the hose.
This is coming from the lower side of the car, but it looks like it is dislodged from its place.

Name:  ForumRunner_20120602_193424.png
Views: 1185
Size:  195.7 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120602_193443.png
Views: 1175
Size:  295.2 KB

Last edited by S_U_N : 2nd June 2012 at 19:39.
Old 1st July 2012, 22:18   #630
Senior - BHPian

Back from 570 km drive.
The power steering reservoir level has not gone down. So, I think I can skip changing the hose.
Mileage was 12.6 , with luggage and 4 adults + 2 kids.
The SRS light has started coming up intermittently now.:(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks