Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2012, 11:53   #691
BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
I got a call yesterday from SVR for fuel pump replacement. I am sending my car tommorrow to get it done. You might want to call them up and check.
I got a call too. I thought it was a recall, but it seems optional. I was told they have redesigned the fuel pump and should improve pickup/mileage. The job is supposed to take about an hour. Has anyone got this done already? Please do share your experiences when you do get it changed.

I would like to understand the (technical) reason for the change. It would be easier to decide.

Last edited by CBlazer : 1st November 2012 at 11:56.
Old 8th November 2012, 16:24   #692
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
I got a call too. I thought it was a recall, but it seems optional. I was told they have redesigned the fuel pump and should improve pickup/mileage. The job is supposed to take about an hour. Has anyone got this done already? Please do share your experiences when you do get it changed.

I would like to understand the (technical) reason for the change. It would be easier to decide.
Why would they call anyone if it is optional?

There have been cases where bad fuel has caused problems with the fuel pump (that is my understanding).

I have not received a call nor have I called. I will probably call them during my next service appointment.

I find it strange that they have the part in stock for so many cars (since ever since I have the car, there has always been a parts problem).
BTW: Do they return the old part back to you?

Last edited by S_U_N : 8th November 2012 at 16:25.
Old 8th November 2012, 17:18   #693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N

There have been cases where bad fuel has caused problems with the fuel pump (that is my understanding).
I haven't heard of this. Can you share info. I only remember a case of RRP modified cedia.
Old 9th November 2012, 14:51   #694
Senior - BHPian

I think Mandheer had this issue. There are others too outside the forum.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2012, 12:10   #695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N
I think Mandheer had this issue. There are others too outside the forum.
Ok. I got a call from SVR, Bangalore for fuel pump replacement. It seems they are calling people whose cars are due for service. They told new one is designed better for power and efficiency and it costs Rs 12000 outside. I think I will have to go with replacement. Will update if there is anything interesting post replacement.
Old 14th November 2012, 16:26   #696
BHPian

Mine was replaced last month. I think some lots of fuel pump have welding issues. Obviously fuel pump replacement is being done to avoid potential safety issues and not to improve mileage etc

Got smell of petrol in cabin for 2-3 days postreplacement. No impact seen on fuel efficiency.
Old 14th November 2012, 16:33   #697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
BTW, I also installed the AC filter and after about 4-5 months of usage the AC started giving a hissing sound. I took it out myself and cleaned it up and now the sound is gone. But funily I found a whole lot of small leaves stuck to it. Now my question is what happens to these leaves when there is no filter...is tere some sort of mesh where it could be stuck as well?
Would anyone know if I can get air filters for 2007 Cedia?
I went through hell-like experience with SVR motors for a small air-flow balancing issue. They ended up opening my dashboard 6 times and have scewed up more things than they rectified.

Interestingly discovered Cedia doesn't have air filters and they gave conflicting answeres on can one be installed as option.
Old 14th November 2012, 18:41   #698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by megger
Mine was replaced last month. I think some lots of fuel pump have welding issues.
I see you have 2007 model and mine is 2008 model. I am not sure if this is lot specific. As per SVR, they are calling everyone.
Old 15th November 2012, 12:01   #699
BHPian

Have not got a cal till date...and I really dont trust them with even the smallest of jobs.
Old 17th November 2012, 17:34   #700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by megger View Post
Would anyone know if I can get air filters for 2007 Cedia?
I went through hell-like experience with SVR motors for a small air-flow balancing issue. They ended up opening my dashboard 6 times and have scewed up more things than they rectified.

Interestingly discovered Cedia doesn't have air filters and they gave conflicting answeres on can one be installed as option.
Are you referring to cabin air filter?
The older Cedia's did not come with it. The newer ones do have it. There are more details in this thread itself.
The cost of a new one was around Rs. 2400 some time ago. Of course, the prices go up every few months.
Old 4th December 2012, 16:44   #701
BHPian

Hello All,I got myself a 2007 CEDIA SPIRIT just after I got hooked to this thread.It had clocked 39000KMs when I bough it in April this year.It came with the MAF sensor problem, a malfunctioning key barrel, but the vehicle was ok-shapewise and under dust at the used car dealer's yard. The Mitsubishi dealer was cooperative when they first serviced my car but they shut shop in a few weeks after I bought the car and hence could not get any new parts. The above mentioned parts were expensive and hence I bought the MAF sensor through online and got a sports type ignition switch installed on the gear stalk.The MAF sensor for CEDIA from Mitsubishi costs Rs.35000, the key barrel costs Rs.20000. But my efforts through online shopping cost me around 10,500 for both. One of the ex-employees of the erstwhile SKBR Mitsubishi motors told me that this car also had a problem with the STEPPER MOTOR SENSOR but told that it wont cause any harm except knocking at times. Its been 5 months since I last changed the MAF sensor but now I sense frequent knocking on lower RPMs and gears. The mileage has dropped to around 10KMPL even under constant speeds in the highways.
The dealers in both Chennai and Coimbatore said that they have never heard of STEPPER MOTOR issues in a CEDIA and hence they said it would be tough to source the part even if the car is parked there for a while.Can the experts guide me in this regard as to how the stepper motor can be sourced (as I have to drive 450 KMs to Chennai or 260 KMs to Coimbatore to get the car checked). Its just 43000 KMs on the odo now and I wonder how I can handle all the sensor problems that might arise in the future-with no after sales service facility nearby. Is it ok to sell the car for whatever price it fetches or is it possible to have a ownership experience like all of you have been gladly mentioning here.Please also educate me on the following.
  1. What is the engine-oil sump capacity of a CEDIA?
  2. Will the air-filter of a Lancer fit the CEDIA?
  3. Can we use Castrol Magnatec oil for CEDIA and if so what should the drain period be?
  4. Please let me know if my 2007 CEDIA would get a replacement of fuel line or pump or whatever if I approach HM for the coverage
  5. Will I be able to get all the sensors changed when I give it to RRP for their Turbodrive work on the engine?If any expert has got any idea on RRP engine mods on their CEDIA,please do share the same

Last edited by JEHU : 4th December 2012 at 16:48. Reason: Correcting a spelling mistake and adding few more points
Old 4th December 2012, 20:07   #702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEHU View Post
Hello All,I got myself a 2007 CEDIA SPIRIT just after I got hooked to this thread.....
You should have not bought the car until the problems were fixed by the dealer itself. Otherwise, a very reliable car, if Cedia comes to troubling you it can be a big menace for you. And this is only because parts are not easily available and when they are, they are ridiculously priced. If you have multiple problems in the car, you might want to visit the junk yard in Agra and buy parts at throwaway cost. But then you will require to visit Agra. But its definitely not called for if you need only one or two parts.

Regarding the sensors, I really haven't heard of a stepper motor sensor problem in cedia. Yes, MAF sensor problem, one or two may be but thats it.

Regarding parts, even the company has started avoiding cedia customers. I require a coolant reservoir for my cedia as my car's reservoir fell somewhere, and I haven't heard from service center for over a week now and even the company hasnt replied to to my query (it will be 48 hrs tomorrow at 1 pm). For now, I have bought a reservoir for lancer and tied it with metal wires to the chassis. If I dont get a new one (Costs Rs1800/-) from company, I will need to get the bracket of lancer welded to the chassis and get the lancer bottle fixed for good.

Quote:
Is it ok to sell the car for whatever price it fetches or is it possible to have a ownership experience like all of you have been gladly mentioning
here

You will only be glad with the ownership experience if this otherwise reliable car is in perfect running condition. If you think you can get the issues fixed, fix them and continue, if Not, Sell the car.

Quote:
What is the engine-oil sump capacity of a CEDIA?
The capacity of cedia is 3.8 L in total.

Quote:
Will the air-filter of a Lancer fit the CEDIA?
Yes, even Oil filter is same.

Quote:
Can we use Castrol Magnatec oil for CEDIA and if so what should the drain period be?
Magnetics are available as both synthetic and semi-synthetic. If you use synthetic, 15k kms or 1 year should be good, if you use semi-synthetic, 10k or 6 months is good..

Quote:
Please let me know if my 2007 CEDIA would get a replacement of fuel line or pump or whatever if I approach HM for the coverage
No harm in trying, in fact, you should get the replacement under this unofficial recall.

Quote:
Will I be able to get all the sensors changed when I give it to RRP for their Turbodrive work on the engine?
Why not, they will charge you extra but that shouldn't be a problem for them.

Quote:
If any expert has got any idea on RRP engine mods on their CEDIA,please do share the
there was a thread where someone in chandigarh TCed his brand new cedia. Search for it here on team bhp..

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 4th December 2012 at 20:10.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2012, 23:59   #703
Senior - BHPian

OK so today I found the time to drive down to Asian Motors on the other side of the city to get the fuel pump replaced.
Drove in at 1500 hrs
Met Manoj (ASM) & Praveen (SA) Gave gaurav_chopra04's reference
Work started at 1520 work finished at 1530
Air cleaner elements for engine intake & in cabin air filters cleaned
A 7.5A fuse replaced and the 10A doing duty returned to the extra fuse box
A broken trim lock under the rear seat replaced
Attempt made to revive signals from rear view cam eventually abandoned
A new cover for the engine bay fuse box ordered advance paid
Drove out at 1610 hours

Over all a better experience than Excel on account of
Clean approach to the Work shop, Excel is spoilt by the very tight service road on account of Metro and the inner roads are perpetually broken
Proactive interaction with the ASM & the SA
Cleaner work area
Quick action on various requests, deliberately made one after the other and not all at the first go.

As for the pump itself the new one is 'Made in Japan' and the only difference I could find was in the top cover. In the old one the top has several connections etc which are exposed but in the new one these are all nicely covered up. The invoice reads INR23490/- Twenty three thousand & change and that's what makes owning a Mitsubishi special Would a more successful brand gone ahead and done this kind of 'stitch in time' replacement more so in our land, I do not think so.

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img2012120500169.jpg

That's the new pump

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img2012120500170.jpg

That's 8 litres of 93 Octane petrol

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-keychain.jpg

Those are the new keychains I bought off the TBHP store a few days ago
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2012, 10:03   #704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEHU View Post
The MAF sensor for CEDIA from Mitsubishi costs Rs.35000, the key barrel costs Rs.20000. But my efforts through online shopping cost me around 10,500 for both.
Always good to hear about a Cedia.
I would be curious to know the part numbers of all the three parts.
I can get comparison quotes from Amayama. Please share part numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post

Regarding parts, even the company has started avoiding cedia customers. I require a coolant reservoir for my cedia as my car's reservoir fell somewhere,
So are you back from your slumber?
Send me the part number and then we can check on costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
OK so today I found the time to drive down to Asian Motors on the other side of the city to get the fuel pump replaced.
Good report.

I had called J Williams engineer a couple of days ago for something else and asked him about the replacement. He said it has not started for Pune so far.
I don't know how/ why but I will wait for him to get back to me till end of December.
Edit: Where is this pump installed? Is it inside the tank?

Last edited by S_U_N : 6th December 2012 at 10:04.
Old 6th December 2012, 17:14   #705
Senior - BHPian

The pump does sit inside the tank. The pump's top cover is affixed to the metal that forms the base of the rear seat. Lift the rear seat bench and you can see a black square metal plate fastened by 4 screws.

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img2012120500171.jpg
you can see the black cover towards the bottom of the frame, I was actually snapping the power, speaker and ground cables of the ICE system for another forum

Unscrew these and the top of the pump is right there again fastened with 6 screws.
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img2012120500166.jpg
Here is the top of the pump. I was shocked to see how dirty it was. The dust apparently is picked up from the bottom!! as the car travels.

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img2012120500167.jpg
Unscrew these and unplug the connectors sitting on top of the pump head and lift the pump out. Very simple installation once again great design engineering. I was glad to see that the filter attached to the bottom of the fuel pump was absolutely clean as was the tank itself. The new filter however was not so lucky as the electrician managed to leave an imprint on the filter

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img2012120500168.jpg
The box with the label reading 'Made in Japan'

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Edit: Where is this pump installed? Is it inside the tank?
khoj is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks