Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2011, 16:34   #436
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
BTW last time I had mentioned the brake shudder when slowing down at high speeds - they just cleaned and lubricated the brakes. This time they tell me they want to skim all 4 discs. They'll charge some 350 per disc. I haven't seen the discs myself - the workshop is very far from my place. Should I just ask them to go ahead?
Are you also changing the brake pads..? I would highly recommend that you get the brake pads changed along with discs skimming..Also, get only front discs skimmed and replace the front pads..Rears shouldnt need skimming or brake pad change until the pads are done.. Rs.350 per disc is cheap from ASC, the one in delhi charges Rs.800 per disc.. Outside though you can get both skimmed for some Rs.3-400.

@Mandheers: Sir, how are the brake doing..?

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 21st November 2011 at 16:37.
Old 21st November 2011, 17:00   #437
BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Are you also changing the brake pads..? I would highly recommend that you get the brake pads changed along with discs skimming..Also, get only front discs skimmed and replace the front pads..Rears shouldnt need skimming or brake pad change until the pads are done.. Rs.350 per disc is cheap from ASC, the one in delhi charges Rs.800 per disc.. Outside though you can get both skimmed for some Rs.3-400.

So far so good GC, the fact I cannot recall exactly itself means the car is braking decent; not as per my satisfaction still; but better than before.

I always find them stopping a little later than expected.

The spongy feel has maybe come once or twice in past few days, but not as bad as earlier.

My mind always disliked the Potenzas, and feel they too are culprit for braking, but my expenses fund has been sealed until the High Command's further notice. Hence the ICE upgrade and tire upsize are both postponed indefinitely.

But pssst: I might try coaxing her to let me upsize the tires atleast in 2012. Marriage makes one do funny things man.

I tried showing her the Michelin billboard campaign about shorter braking distances, but let's see.
mandheers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2011, 17:09   #438
Senior - BHPian

My car has done just over 52k kms in 3 years. Now i am thinking of whether to trade it in early next year once lease gets over or keep it and mod it away to glory How much do you think i can expect for a 3yr old 52k kms done Cedia Spirit (leather seats et all) with full service history, no major accidents in Blr ?
Old 21st November 2011, 17:59   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post

The service person says that the rear discs have also developed lots of lines. He is insisting they be skimmed too. BTW does brake pedal shudder necessarily mean the rear discs are worn too?
Old 21st November 2011, 18:36   #440
Senior - BHPian

In Bangalore and with a Cedia on a lease plan, you are in an enviable position. If you can afford to then head to RRP. One cannot have a more stable and more economical platform than the Cedia to play with.

BTW is your handle a take from the MI series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
My car has done just over 52k kms in 3 years. Now i am thinking of whether to trade it in early next year once lease gets over or keep it and mod it away to glory How much do you think i can expect for a 3yr old 52k kms done Cedia Spirit (leather seats et all) with full service history, no major accidents in Blr ?
Old 21st November 2011, 19:34   #441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
My mind always disliked the Potenzas, and feel they too are culprit for braking, but my expenses fund has been sealed until the High Command's further notice. Hence the ICE upgrade and tire upsize are both postponed indefinitely.

But pssst: I might try coaxing her to let me upsize the tires atleast in 2012. Marriage makes one do funny things man.
Another reason for me to stay away from shaadi ka laddo for couple of more years..

You might just want to get the ICE upgrade done one by one (speakers, amp and then a sub, one by one) so she doesnt notice it at once.. But you cant do that for tires though, change them one by one

I remember reading this Bhpian's post where he upgraded the alloys of his lancer and told his wife that he traded them of for the old alloys and even got some refund..lolzzz

In Between, your new profile pic is wicked.. Looks like you took it while driving.. even photoshoped it a bit..? Mind posting a Larger one here..

Quote:
My car has done just over 52k kms in 3 years.
Somewhere around 4-4.3 in Bangy for 2008 car...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
The service person says that the rear discs have also developed lots of lines. He is insisting they be skimmed too. BTW does brake pedal shudder necessarily mean the rear discs are worn too?
Mostly the shudder is because of front brakes. If you'd skim the rear discs too, you ll have to change the rear pads too, which from ASC will cost you over Rs. 9k (7.5k for pads and 1.5k for discs shim; noth front and rear).

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd November 2011 at 01:52. Reason: Only 2 smilies per post please, thanks
Old 21st November 2011, 19:59   #442
Senior - BHPian

Ouch ! ~60% depreciation in 3 years ? :(( I was more hopeful of 5.5-6L. Guess no point selling it for now

How much does the RRP chip for Cedia cost ?
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2011, 21:32   #443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123
Ouch ! ~60% depreciation in 3 years ? :(( I was more hopeful of 5.5-6L. Guess no point selling it for now

I would think 4.5 to 5 Lac considering Bangalore is expensive to begin with.
Old 21st November 2011, 23:52   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123

It's always best to put it up for sale and see what quotes you get. There are always people interested in Cedias and many do pay a premium.

And what's the harm? If you don't get the price you're looking for,keep it.

@gaurav- guy didn't call?

Last edited by sukrit7 : 21st November 2011 at 23:54.
Old 22nd November 2011, 00:12   #445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Chip, LOL. The 2.0 liter gasoline engine is not a black oil burner by a long shot. Explore the site Red Rooster Racing - India's leading professional motorsports company and be ready for a major overhaul of your financials. Well not really but then some.
Go talk to these guys have a feel and then hop on for the ride as and when you want for whatever you want or want to ignore.

PS Pressed the thanks button inadvertently, as I was laughing hard with my eyes closed on the 'CHIP' bit.
Old 22nd November 2011, 00:59   #446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In Delhi you can get the car for almost 4 right now, year change and expect another 30-40k to slip off. So in Bangalore, you can ger another 50-70k extra..

And yes, as I said earlier, the market sentiments for any petrol car is bad these days, a civic itself looses about 60% of its value in first three years..

Quote:
As Khoj sir said, you wont need a chip in petrol car. But an ECU remap can get you around 10-12 more bhps, but I guess itsa better idea to get the K&N typhoon and a FFE and then go on to further mods. Selling this incredible car for 4 lac rupees is like :(.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
@gaurav- guy didn't call?
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Chip, LOL. The 2.0 liter gasoline engine is not a black oil burner by a long shot...
PS Pressed the thanks button inadvertently, as I was laughing hard with my eyes closed on the 'CHIP' bit.
I think he must have meant remap .
Old 22nd November 2011, 11:38   #447
BHPian

Hey GC, yes took that while driving down Airoli bridge on one of my Mumbai-Pune Expressway runs.

This was the end of monsoons, no Photoshop at all, just opened in Microsoft Office Picture Manager and did an 'Auto Correct'.

Was tipping 150 then and had to hold the phone against the door column lest it fly away, and truly speaking it really would've.

Rolled up the window and you can well imagine what I did with that straight clear stretch.

Here's the original, the corrected image is over 4mb hence not uploading.
Attached Thumbnails
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img00070201106111813.jpg  

Last edited by mandheers : 22nd November 2011 at 11:40.
mandheers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2011, 11:59   #448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Chip, LOL. The 2.0 liter gasoline engine is not a black oil burner by a long shot. Explore the site Red Rooster Racing - India's leading professional motorsports company and be ready for a major overhaul of your financials. Well not really but then some.
Go talk to these guys have a feel and then hop on for the ride as and when you want for whatever you want or want to ignore.

I meant remap Hmmm if it means major overhaul of my finances though, convincing home minister is going to be tough ! Might as well trade it in for a TSi. Anyways will cross that bridge once lease is over next year, till then more enjoyment of what i have

BTW the Mitsu recommended mineral oil is changed every 10k kms, if i switch to synthetic then how much should that last and any appreciable benefits ?
Old 22nd November 2011, 12:21   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Mitsu recommended mineral oil is changed every 10k kms, if i switch to synthetic then how much should that last and any appreciable benefits ?
The euro diesels running synthetic have a 15K KM or once a yr recommended oil change, you could perhaps follow the same. But if Mitsu is fine with Mineral oil, why not continue?
Old 22nd November 2011, 12:24   #450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
Hey GC, yes took that while driving down Airoli bridge on one of my Mumbai-Pune Expressway runs.

This was the end of monsoons, no Photoshop at all, just opened in Microsoft Office Picture Manager and did an 'Auto Correct'.

Was tipping 150 then and had to hold the phone against the door column lest it fly away, and truly speaking it really would've.
Rarely do you get such good pictures from Mobile Phone, your earlier parking pics were good too. Which Phone are you using, if I may ask?

Quote:
Rolled up the window and you can well imagine what I did with that straight clear stretch.

Quote:
Hmmm if it means major overhaul of my finances though, convincing home minister is going to be tough ! Might as well trade it in for a TSi. Anyways will cross that bridge once lease is over next year, till then more enjoyment of what i have
I was about to say TSi, but then I am a little scared of Skoda. There is a review here of a Bhpian who traded his cedia for a TSi, worth a look.

Quote:
BTW the Mitsu recommended mineral oil is changed every 10k kms, if i switch to synthetic then how much should that last and any appreciable benefits ?
I would say it completely depends on how you drive, if you have a heavy foot and drive hard frequently, then you should get even synthetic oil changed at 10k kms. However, if you revv hard occasionally, a synthetic should last good for 15k kms easy. The civic and polo at home uses 15k kms interval on synthetics, as the engines are revved hard occasionally. But the cedia gets the synthetic change 10k kms, because its driven with heavy foot most of the time..

In Between, Mitsubishi recommends synthetic change at 20k kms or 1 year..which I think is a bit too much for indian conditions.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 22nd November 2011 at 12:30.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks