Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2010, 11:23   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
1- Yes, you can. I don't know if anyone on this forum has used a k&n so can't say if it would make a difference.
Anybody else can comment whether to install this?

Quote:
Do ensure that you're NOT charged for wheel alignment, balancing, rotation.
Yaa will keep in mind; No labour charges.

Quote:
4-Most service centres don't charge for minor touch ups, as long as they're genuinely minor that is.
If that is the case just ask them to attend to it.
I will ask them and see how it costs. Also i am planning to get my grills to be painted black. Will check the replacement of an active one if possible and how much it costs.

Quote:
5-I'm sure you did add a few wires so warranty could be affected however in all probability they'll not notice any such thing.
Could you please share details of this install?
They wouldnt notice i am sure but the thing is the wiring for the same was done outside the casing which goes into the individual door panels that is it goes in between the beading. i want the wire to be put into the casing. So thinking should i request them to do so?
I got this fitted from JC road for 1.5K, Its the Scorpio brand. I am very forgetful to close the windows and i always had to put the key in again to close the windows. So fitted this. It is easy to install except in Punto/Linea as for these they have to remove all door panels to wire it. Now when i lock the car all windows roll up one by one.

Quote:
6-Why spend twice the money ?
I'd get it done from a good reliable shop.
I was planning to get it done from Reliance Auto shop as JC road guys doesnt handle cars with that care. Did the sunfilm too from them.

Quote:
7-selenia only, it's recommended by fiat and will cost you about 675/litre.
Do ensure that you take the remaining oil from them. You can use this for a top up later.
Also ensure that all older parts are returned to you.
[/quote]
Noted!!
Old 14th June 2010, 07:41   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjo View Post
Anybody else can comment whether to install this?
Member vigneshram has got K&N installed in his punto.From what i can gather from him,it definitely makes a difference but a minor one.K&N is necessity though when you add a petes box.

Last edited by amulu10 : 14th June 2010 at 07:51.
Old 14th June 2010, 21:47   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amulu10 View Post
Member vigneshram has got K&N installed in his punto.From what i can gather from him,it definitely makes a difference but a minor one.K&N is necessity though when you add a petes box.
Why is K&N a necessity for TB ? I dont remember seeing it on Pete's video for GP.

-B4W
Old 15th June 2010, 01:27   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
Why is K&N a necessity for TB ? I dont remember seeing it on Pete's video for GP.

-B4W
necessity in the sense that with more power , the car would need to breathe in more air. Usually car with petes box,the stock filter would have to be replaced often and the car would leave black smoke in the exhaust!
Old 19th June 2010, 23:07   #185
BHPian

So here i am back after my punto's second service!!

Clocked 15067 in my odo.. Morning at 9.45 reached KHT motors, bangalore..
Was greated nicely, within seconds i was attended to. I was directed to a Service personnel, Vinod. He cordially asked me for all my concerns, noted all down, noted the odo, and then noted all the scratches around which my dear Bangalore bikers gave..

Problems i had:
Back door a bit jammed
Bonnet release lever faulty
Intermittent Brake fluid level low warning on going down incline
Rear number plate light faulty warning

Also i asked them to fit the mudflaps (though i hate that mud flaps look, thought for my fellow drivers as the rain fast approaching..)

He asked 150/- for Nitrogen filling, so said no..
Asked for 3M underbody coating and antirust, said no..

Told he will give a call once done, got me the estimate and offered me a drop in my car till my office.. <Nice move.>. I left..
He called up in an hour's time, asked for Brake pad changing, said can run for another 3 to 5K, so I said no again..

At around 4'o clock I dropped in to check my car; was in the cleaning bay, went back.. Got a call at around 5, said the vehicle ready to pick up..
Came down, test drove the car; Felt nice, all clean interiors, drive was smooth..
He said couldnt update my Blu&Me software as i told him late and it is a 4 hours job it seems, so he said another time.

Now the bill paid,
Item <Qty> Price
  1. Oil Filter DSL <1> 229.56/-
  2. Assy Fuel Fiter <1> 2020.26/-
  3. Engine Oil DSL IL Synthetic Loose <3.3> 1889.88/-
  4. AC Pollen Filter <1> 223.79/-
  5. Air Filtering Element DSL <1> 222.91/-
  6. Mud Flap Punto <1> 427.31/-
  7. Brake Fluid IL Synthetic Loose <0.25> 81.72/-
  8. Standard Checks CONS U <1> 95/-
  9. Any Job Not included in Schedule MUD FLAPS <1> 150/-
    Total (Parts + Labor) 5862.75 + 270.24 = 6133/-

I didnt like the last but one item in the list paid. Is it required?
Overall a pleasant experience..

Coming up..
I would have to the take the car back there for the Blu&Me update.
Planning to change the front grill to black one, costs 700/-. Anybody in for a trade to silver for their black ones, do let know
Need to fit a 6 sensor parking assist, any place suggestions?
Going to one Mr. Suresh in Koramangala for touch up jobs, he is cheap and best..
And maybe Mr.Pete's..

Last edited by manjo : 19th June 2010 at 23:17. Reason: formatting
Old 19th June 2010, 23:30   #186
BHPian

Quote:
necessity in the sense that with more power , the car would need to breathe in more air. Usually car with petes box,the stock filter would have to be replaced often and the car would leave black smoke in the exhaust!
So you are saying, lack of sufficient air leads to improper fuel burning...okay that sounds logical. I read somewhere on team bhp itself that effects of K&N are not as significant (sorry..dont remember the exact thread). Any view on this ?
Old 20th June 2010, 08:20   #187
Senior - BHPian

Does the fuel filter cost 2020/- , isn't that expensive ?

EDIT : This post says that the fuel filter costs 765/- ? http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1730371

Last edited by sdp1975 : 20th June 2010 at 08:23.
Old 20th June 2010, 08:57   #188
Senior - BHPian

Maybe they are supposed to change just the filter element just like they do on the Palio MJD. The whole filter assembly might cost that much. I think you need to confirm that part.
Old 20th June 2010, 09:37   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post

-B4W
Pete's is dealing another brand of filters, the Green Cotton brand. They have no K&N franchise.
Old 20th June 2010, 10:24   #190
Senior - BHPian

barring the fuel filter assembly, the rest of the bill comes to ~ 4k which is decent for 15k service. and good to know your car has held up this long very well. thats the speciality of fiat :-)
Old 20th June 2010, 13:55   #191
BHPian

[quote=manjo;1944634]Clocked 15067 in my odo.. Morning at 9.45 reached KHT motors, bangalore..
Was greated nicely, within seconds i was attended to. I was directed to a Service personnel, Vinod. He cordially asked me for all my concerns, noted all down, noted the odo, and then noted all the scratches around which my dear Bangalore bikers gave..

Problems i had:
Back door a bit jammed
Bonnet release lever faulty
Intermittent Brake fluid level low warning on going down incline
Rear number plate light faulty warning

Also i asked them to fit the mudflaps (though i hate that mud flaps look, thought for my fellow drivers as the rain fast approaching..)

He asked 150/- for Nitrogen filling, so said no..
Asked for 3M underbody coating and antirust, said no..

Told he will give a call once done, got me the estimate and offered me a drop in my car till my office.. <Nice move.>. I left..
He called up in an hour's time, asked for Brake pad changing, said can run for another 3 to 5K, so I said no again..

now the bill paid,
Item <Qty> Price
  1. Oil Filter DSL <1> 229.56/-
  2. Assy Fuel Fiter <1> 2020.26/-
  3. Engine Oil DSL IL Synthetic Loose <3.3> 1889.88/-
  4. AC Pollen Filter <1> 223.79/-
  5. Air Filtering Element DSL <1> 222.91/-
  6. Mud Flap Punto <1> 427.31/-
  7. Brake Fluid IL Synthetic Loose <0.25> 81.72/-
  8. Standard Checks CONS U <1> 95/-
  9. Any Job Not included in Schedule MUD FLAPS <1> 150/-
    Total (Parts + Labor) 5862.75 + 270.24 = 6133/-

Your bill amount is incorrect,Manjo.
Please ask the SA to explain 'assy fuel filter', normally the fule filter costs Rs 800.
Also labour is supposed to be free, you're being fleeced (Rs 150 + 95), speak to the manager and get this amount refunded please.
Old 20th June 2010, 14:17   #192
BHPian

Quote:
yep.agree with ravi.the difference is quite significant.I am not able to drive the car without a K&N these days.That is why got the K&N from the first week i got the car.same way my SIENA had the K&N and i liked it and that why was very particular on the K&N for the Punto.But i must add that the noise is a little on the higher side.
Old 23rd June 2010, 23:53   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Your bill amount is incorrect,Manjo.
Please ask the SA to explain 'assy fuel filter', normally the fule filter costs Rs 800.
Also labour is supposed to be free, you're being fleeced (Rs 150 + 95), speak to the manager and get this amount refunded please.
Fiat guys from the main office called the next day for feedback, gave bad for product cost. In half an hour's time got call from KHT motors asking for the reason. I stated 2020 for the Fuel filter being high and the labour charges as you suggested.. She took a note of it, said will speak to the manager and let know soon. Today got call from the customer care from KHT, but was in a meeting so said will call tomorrow morning.. lets see..

After the service,
The engine definitely feels freed to race; not much decrease in engine noise though.
Filled Nitrogen, expecting some difference, waiting for a long drive for a whole test
Main problem is the mudflaps, please nobody fit the punto mudflaps, they are worst. While driving on gravel I can hear all small stones hitting it as it is very long, also it hits everytime i get off a hump. It will break-off soon i guess. Please try any aftermarket ones, as these dont look good too.. And if anybody is getting it fixed after all this, as the service guys to fit this exactly straight as a small outward angle makes it look very bad..

Also I need driving tips to increase my FE. My all time FE is 15.5 to 16.5.
My driving style is start in first and reach 5th as soon as possible.. :(
Old 24th June 2010, 00:13   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjo View Post
Fiat guys from the main office called the next day for feedback, gave bad for product cost. In half an hour's time got call from KHT motors asking for the reason. I stated 2020 for the Fuel filter being high and the labour charges as you suggested.. She took a note of it, said will speak to the manager and let know soon. Today got call from the customer care from KHT, but was in a meeting so said will call tomorrow morning.. lets see..

After the service,
The engine definitely feels freed to race; not much decrease in engine noise though.
Filled Nitrogen, expecting some difference, waiting for a long drive for a whole test
Main problem is the mudflaps, please nobody fit the punto mudflaps, they are worst. While driving on gravel I can hear all small stones hitting it as it is very long, also it hits everytime i get off a hump. It will break-off soon i guess. Please try any aftermarket ones, as these dont look good too.. And if anybody is getting it fixed after all this, as the service guys to fit this exactly straight as a small outward angle makes it look very bad..

Also I need driving tips to increase my FE. My all time FE is 15.5 to 16.5.
My driving style is start in first and reach 5th as soon as possible.. :(

FE is dependent on your driving style and your route. The latter unfortunately can cause it to go down by quite a bit.

Here's what you can do though. Keep the IC on when you're driving and see how the car responds to throttle input.
Don't put pedal to metal and also don't shift to 5th under 60 or 65.

Good to know that fiat is being active, I hope your issue is solved.
Old 30th June 2010, 08:45   #195
BHPian

Got a call from KHT motors as soon as i raised it with FIAT, but then they said will check and let me know about this. Then no response till yesterday, so called them up in the evening.
I re-iterated the issues, but now he is arguing.
He is saying what other's part replaced would not be the correct part and asked for the part no.
Can anyone let me know the exact part description with amount for the Fuel filter.
If possible the whole bill scan would really help. PM me please and i can give me my contact details.

Problems:
> Fuel Filter charged extra
> Labour of 95 + 150(They might charge as its mudflap fitment, not normal service)
> Wheel rotation not done(Not sure, but wont the spare tyre be used in this case, its still in the boot)
> Wheel alignment not done(He said its only done if an issue of wobbling or something is reported.)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks