Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2010, 00:38   #196
BHPian

Hi!
Just a quick update.
It's been more than 1 year with the punto and everything is fine!
The car still looks, behaves and feels new.
Pictures as and when I get the Ritz, both the cars will look good being the same color.

Ot- I saw a white punto test drive vehicle with a black roof, it looked beautiful. It got me wondering, how would my silver punto with a black roof look. Could someone do a quick PS job please?
Thanks.
Old 17th July 2010, 00:42   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
Ot- I saw a white punto test drive vehicle with a black roof, it looked beautiful.
That has to be the same test drive vehicle for the Punto 90HP model. The report and pictures are in the test drive thread (Sidindica started that thread).
Old 17th July 2010, 11:26   #198
BHPian

ya,it was.
but it has made me wonder,how would a silver punto look with a black roof?
Old 23rd August 2010, 12:11   #199
BHPian

A biker swerved left and hit my car. Fortunately, they didn't hurt themselves too badly. For a moment, I dreaded the worst.

Onlookers were thankfully on my side so I was spared from being beaten up.
I didn't take a penny from them even though it was absolutely their fault(Biker and gf). I offered to take them to the hospital but they said their house was close by.

Damage to car
1- Cracked bumper
2- Right headlight smashed.
3- Dent in bonnet.

Called up Rama motors and I was shocked at their response. "workshop is closed for a week". I asked them what they'd do if someone had a major accident, their reply was the same "closed for a week". I find this very difficult to accept.
Anyway, taking the car to Sanya Motors now. Will update later.
Old 23rd August 2010, 12:35   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A biker swerved left and hit my car. Fortunately, they didn't hurt themselves too badly. For a moment, I dreaded the worst.

Onlookers were thankfully on my side so I was spared from being beaten up.
I didn't take a penny from them even though it was absolutely their fault(Biker and gf). I offered to take them to the hospital but they said their house was close by.

Damage to car
1- Cracked bumper
2- Right headlight smashed.
3- Dent in bonnet.

Called up Rama motors and I was shocked at their response. "workshop is closed for a week". I asked them what they'd do if someone had a major accident, their reply was the same "closed for a week". I find this very difficult to accept.
Anyway, taking the car to Sanya Motors now. Will update later.
Bad luck about the accident. It was a nice gesture to show restraint, I'd take inspiration from your behavior, kudos.

About the workshop being closed, did they say why? Anyway, since you have another option (perhaps far away), it's better to take the car there. Also, you can compare the services of the two. Good luck.
Old 23rd August 2010, 16:48   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

Hard luck and very sorry to know about the accident. Though the bikers were at fault, you showed a great gesture and offered help.

On the service center, why is it that the service center is closed for a week. Are they shifting the whole service center or what. Maintenance should not take more than a couple of days for the service center. Please do report this to the FIAT heads at Ranjangaon
Old 23rd August 2010, 18:45   #202
BHPian

@amartya and nk- Thanku
I called up aditya, Rama motors and asked him to help out. He said that they could replace the headlight but nothing more. I got it done for Rs 3180. A bit on the expensive side I guess. New bumper is abour Rs 2200 and the bonnet is Rs 5500 ish.

I decided to get only the headlight changed from Fiat. I've decided to get the bumper and the bonnet fixed locally. I don't see the point of changing the parts since the damage is not that much.

It seems most of Rama motors staff has either quit or been fired. I'm not quite sure why. I hope they don't close down.

To all, has anyone got the brake pads changed ?
Kms ?
Cost ?
Old 24th October 2010, 15:18   #203
BHPian

My reliable automobile deserted me yesterday. As I left the parking lot, the gear shift felt vague, a minute later it stopped slotting into second. Fortunately, I wasn't very far from home and managed the drive.
I read that epicenter.rulz had the same problem as well, in my case however, it seems to be effecting only the second gear.

Apart from that, my steering lock has failed again, for the second time in 1 year and 3 months. Makes me wonder how difficult it would be to force it open :(
last time, I was told that the pin that locks the steering had misaligned

Anyway, car at service station. Initially, they told me to bring her on Wednesday, apparently they were busy and couldn't attend to this.
It's exactly this attitude of fiat's servicing that is pissing off.
Old 30th October 2010, 16:56   #204
BHPian

Pathetic service

I'd given my car for repairs on Sunday, 24th October. The problem is described in my previous post, the second gear did not engage.
On Monday, I was called and told the problem is fixed. When I arrived at Rama Motors I found my car in almost the same condition. The second gear would engage but with immense difficulty. The service advisor also felt the need to tell me that the gears in Punto are 'hard' and that the issue had been fixed. A few minutes later, he had to agree that slotting into second was nearly impossible.

25th October.
I got a call telling me that a part had failed and would need to be ordered from Italy. Total time required- 5 days. All requests for a loaner car were rejected.
I cursed myself and waited till the 30th.

30th October.
I called Rama to find both my service advisor and manager on leave. I asked for a status update and to my horror, I was told that they'd ordered the wrong part. It would take another 5 days atleast.

I don't know what to do, i've lodged a complain with Fiat also but that hasn't helped either. Don't all companies provide loaner cars ?
Just don't get how FIAT is functioning.
Old 30th October 2010, 17:38   #205
Distinguished - BHPian

Sukrit, Making Service staff admit that there is genuinely a problem in the car is a difficult task at Tata-Fiat ASCs. Getting parts not in stock is another challenge, Remember my Punto's key arrived in months(after they wasted end no. of hours denying the problem).

Ask the ASC to give you the part no. and order no.
Old 30th October 2010, 17:43   #206
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Sukrit, Making Service staff admit that there is genuinely a problem in the car is a difficult task at Tata-Fiat ASCs.
Sukrit is having a tough time at the TASS. But anshuman, how can you generalize the attitude of all Tata-Fiat ASCs? Have you visited all the Tata-Fiat ASCs in India?
Old 30th October 2010, 18:10   #207
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHed View Post
Sukrit is having a tough time at the TASS. But anshuman, how can you generalize the attitude of all Tata-Fiat ASCs? Have you visited all the Tata-Fiat ASCs in India?
Not all of them, but a lot of them in NCR and Haryana during my 6 year ownership of Indica and 1.5 year Punto ownership.
Old 30th October 2010, 19:24   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Sukrit, Making Service staff admit that there is genuinely a problem in the car is a difficult task at Tata-Fiat ASCs. Getting parts not in stock is another challenge, Remember my Punto's key arrived in months(after they wasted end no. of hours denying the problem).

Ask the ASC to give you the part no. and order no.
It's just so sarkari, the entire thing. At the end of the it, they'll probably take up 2 weeks. The punto being my primary ride, it isn't easy not having the car for that long. Also a loaner car is really not that difficult for a company to arrange. Maruti has never said no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHed View Post
In my experience, most TATA-FIAT A.S.S, atleast in Delhi aren't interested in servicing my car. Their attitude is "you didn't buy it from us, why should we fix it" ?
I've had two services and a couple of problems, I've never felt fully satisfied. Everything is fine at the end but it's always a "finally it's been done" feeling.
Old 31st October 2010, 00:43   #209
BHPian

Quote:
I'd given my car for repairs on Sunday, 24th October. The problem is described in my previous post, the second gear did not engage.
On Monday, I was called and told the problem is fixed. When I arrived at Rama Motors I found my car in almost the same condition. The second gear would engage but with immense difficulty. The service advisor also felt the need to tell me that the gears in Punto are 'hard' and that the issue had been fixed. A few minutes later, he had to agree that slotting into second was nearly impossible.

25th October.
I got a call telling me that a part had failed and would need to be ordered from Italy. Total time required- 5 days. All requests for a loaner car were rejected.
I cursed myself and waited till the 30th.

30th October.
I called Rama to find both my service advisor and manager on leave. I asked for a status update and to my horror, I was told that they'd ordered the wrong part. It would take another 5 days atleast.

I don't know what to do, i've lodged a complain with Fiat also but that hasn't helped either. Don't all companies provide loaner cars ?
Just don't get how FIAT is functioning.
Oh boy and I thought RAMA motors was the one of the better ones with respect to FIAT servicing. Whats the real story behind RAMA Motors being closed for a week? While I have had a reasonably good 1st service with them, out of curiosity who's been your service advisor at RAMA ?
Old 3rd November 2010, 19:46   #210
BHPian

I Hate Fiat

It has now been more than 10 days since my car was given to RAMA MOTORS.
For the first time in all these months, I regret having purchased this vehicle.
FIAT-TATA has not improved, I feel convinced that I'm going to struggle through my ownership.

In the last week, I've made calls everywhere.
1- Complaint at FIAT helpline. Got a complaint number but no response even after three attempts. No one has called back.
2- Complaint at regional office, Gurgaon. Was promised a callback an solution on Monday. Nothing
3- Multiple calls to different people in Mumbai and Pune. Nothing again.
4- I even tried speaking to Mr. Mangesh who is apparently on leave. His substitute Mr. Manu promised to update me today. Nothing
5- Spares central dept, Pune. No calls returned even after promises.

This is the last FIAT I will buy. I will obviously not recommend it to anyone either. Rama Motors' behavior has been absolutely pathetic. They call me everyday to ask me to buy the 'T-jet' because I took a testdrive. Who gives a damn to an already purchased vehicle though ?

The last I heard from them, "parts would arrive after Diwali, we cannot say for certain when. You can use the car till then as we cannot provide a loaner car"
How is anyone supposed to drive a car with a barely functional gearbox ?

I need your help, should I send a legal notice to FIAT INDIA ?
I don't know how much longer it'll take and i'm stuck here suffering.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks