Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2010, 23:02   #166
BHPian

Guys, I need your help on this urgently.
Vat is included in the cost so I haven't gone wrong there either
Old 14th May 2010, 23:25   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
Guys, I need your help on this urgently.
Vat is included in the cost so I haven't gone wrong there either
Sorry, bill amount is alright, VAT is strangely added at the end.
I still need to know about how much engine oil the punto requires, brake cleaning cost and wiremesh filter, what is it ?
Old 14th May 2010, 23:32   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Will do so tomorrow. Tried braking hard today, car held its line and stopped immediately,hate Rama for putting me in this confused state of mind.

Ya, they used Selenia(or so it seems). Attaching bill below. Somethings don't look alright, Please help.

Hi NK, It's not supposed to be charged anyway, there's no way it can be termed a consumable.
i'm attaching the bill below, something doesn't sound right here.
Sure,what time will you be reaching tomorrow ?

Oil filter DSL- Rs 302.22
Air filter element DSL- Rs 224.89
Fuel filter DSL-Rs 826.67
Engine oil DSL synthetic(no mention of name)- Rs 2311.11 No extra oil returned. How much does the punto take in ?
Wiremesh filter- Rs 37 What is this ?
"Pad for brake pedal- renew(Brake pedal clean)- Rs 200.00 Is this supposed to be charged for? Is this even required ?
Service tax- Rs 20
Final Labour invoice amount- Rs 220 and now, what is this ?
Total- Rs 4386.

Now, unless i've gone mad, this doesn't add upto 4386
Please help me with these issues
1- Bill amount
2- Engine oil not returned(if in excess)
3-Brake cleaning cost ?

Did you get the parts that got replaced with new ones? If you haven't , I guess except for the oil filter the dealer would have just removed the other filters, cleaned them up and placed it back. I'm skeptical on why they have charged for the following things, looks the dealer has fleeced you a bit.

Engine oil DSL synthetic(no mention of name)- Rs 2311.11 No extra oil returned.
I was charged Rs.2064, this was two months back.

Since this is just a small amount, don't sweat over it..

"Pad for brake pedal- renew(Brake pedal clean)- Rs 200.00
Just to include the labor charge(which is actually zero for a free service), they have put this to let you know that they have done some repair on your car for which they will charge for the labor. This spare part + the labor cost - just a way of fleecing, unfortunately you can't do anything about it.

Fortunately my service personal knows that I know a thing or two about cars so he doesn't try his antics with me, unfortunately it's the ignorant ones who get fleeced. Btw, your dealer might still have carried all the job mentioned in the bill, but what poses a question mark is why all these things have to be done in a new car. In your third service do ask your dealer to return to you all the parts that are getting replaced.
Old 14th May 2010, 23:56   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
Did you get the parts that got replaced with new ones? If you haven't , I guess except for the oil filter the dealer would have just removed the other filters, cleaned them up and placed it back. I'm skeptical on why they have charged for the following things, looks the dealer has fleeced you a bit.

Engine oil DSL synthetic(no mention of name)- Rs 2311.11 No extra oil returned.
I was charged Rs.2064, this was two months back.

Since this is just a small amount, don't sweat over it..

"Pad for brake pedal- renew(Brake pedal clean)- Rs 200.00
Just to include the labor charge(which is actually zero for a free service), they have put this to let you know that they have done some repair on your car for which they will charge for the labor. This spare part + the labor cost - just a way of fleecing, unfortunately you can't do anything about it.

Fortunately my service personal knows that I know a thing or two about cars so he doesn't try his antics with me, unfortunately it's the ignorant ones who get fleeced. Btw, your dealer might still have carried all the job mentioned in the bill, but what poses a question mark is why all these things have to be done in a new car. In your third service do ask your dealer to return to you all the parts that are getting replaced.
After reading your post, I called up my driver and asked him if he'd found any old parts while cleaning the car. Told me he'd found a box and a bottle of oil,'ghar pey rakha hai'.
I found a bottle of oil and a wiremesh filter box, nothing else.
I guess the brake cleaning bit I can't do anything about now. Thanks btw
Old 15th May 2010, 01:19   #170
BHPian

Quote:
I still need to know about how much engine oil the punto requires.
It takes in 3.3 ltrs.

Quote:
After reading your post, I called up my driver and asked him if he'd found any old parts while cleaning the car. Told me he'd found a box and a bottle of oil,'ghar pey rakha hai'.
I found a bottle of oil and a wiremesh filter box, nothing else.
I guess the brake cleaning bit I can't do anything about now. Thanks btw
Thankfully, you found it. Good! I think they are entitled for the labour charges on brake cleaning. What I'm not sure of is whether it was required in the first place? Anyways can't do much now. These sort of things are precisely the reason why I took a day from work and spent an entire day at the service center always staying with the car in their workshop.

I just noticed one thing. The AC pollen filter is not mentioned in your post. Did they not replace it? In the dusty environment we drive in, it is a must.

Last edited by nkapoor777 : 15th May 2010 at 01:28.
Old 15th May 2010, 02:51   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
These sort of things are precisely the reason why I took a day from work and spent an entire day at the service center always staying with the car in their workshop.
That's nice to know. Do they allow you to stay inside their workshop while the engineers are working on your car or do you just wait in the lounge?

And normally how much time do they take for the complete service? As I normally give my Indica to Wasan motors in the morning at around 10 and take it back in the evening at 5.
Old 15th May 2010, 08:08   #172
Senior - BHPian

You are ENTITLED TO A REFUND OF Rs.220/-. Period.

Else send a mail to FIAT with a copy of the bill showing they charged you Rs.220 labour for a "free service".
Old 15th May 2010, 15:50   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
It takes in 3.3 ltrs.
Thanks

Thankfully, you found it. Good! I think they are entitled for the labour charges on brake cleaning. What I'm not sure of is whether it was required in the first place? Anyways can't do much now. These sort of things are precisely the reason why I took a day from work and spent an entire day at the service center always staying with the car in their workshop.
Nope, they're not, details below.

I just noticed one thing. The AC pollen filter is not mentioned in your post. Did they not replace it? In the dusty environment we drive in, it is a must.
Will check and report. Thanks for noticing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000bhp View Post
That's nice to know. Do they allow you to stay inside their workshop while the engineers are working on your car or do you just wait in the lounge?
Technically, they don't. There's a funny notice outside informing the customers that the mechanics have been informed to stop working if a customer is present.
They don't usually say no,though.

And normally how much time do they take for the complete service? As I normally give my Indica to Wasan motors in the morning at around 10 and take it back in the evening at 5.
Round about the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
You are ENTITLED TO A REFUND OF Rs.220/-. Period.

Else send a mail to FIAT with a copy of the bill showing they charged you Rs.220 labour for a "free service".
Spoke to the manager at Rama Motors, a very nice person I must say.
I had to wait a rather long time and he apologized immediately for the same.
I told him that the SA insisted on charging me for wheel alignment but it was supposed to be free, I showed him the warranty booklet and he agreed immediately(wheel alignment to be done in a few days, was too crowded there)
I also told him that I didn't quite understand why I was charged for brake pad cleaning when labour was supposed to be free. He agreed too that as well and asked me to get it adjusted when I make a purchase next.

And then came the shocker,
"sir, you're from Kerala"
somehow, I never noticed this, My bill was addressed to kerala,trivandram,the chassis number was wrong as well.
After some yelling and telling the SA how I bugged I was, this got sorted as well.
Old 15th May 2010, 22:13   #174
Senior - BHPian

make sure you get it changed on the system. Else 2 years down the line if you are lucky enough to use the extended warranty. They might reject saying that you have not done your service!!!!

It has happened to me.
Old 15th May 2010, 22:28   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Spoke to the manager at Rama Motors, a very nice person I must say.
I had to wait a rather long time and he apologized immediately for the same.
I told him that the SA insisted on charging me for wheel alignment but it was supposed to be free, I showed him the warranty booklet and he agreed immediately(wheel alignment to be done in a few days, was too crowded there)
I also told him that I didn't quite understand why I was charged for brake pad cleaning when labour was supposed to be free. He agreed too that as well and asked me to get it adjusted when I make a purchase next.
Glad to hear that the manager agreed with most of the complaints. While this doesn't absolve them of getting the billing wrong in the first place, it at least leaves the owner in a positive frame of mind.
Old 7th June 2010, 14:29   #176
BHPian

I have a few important things to share.

firstly,i like many of you am annoyed with the rear reverse light(bumper),it seems to break off at the slightest of impact.

secondly,a cyclist smashed into my car,i believe he lost control.
anyway,nothing much happened to him but I ended up with a chipped side skirt :(

thirdly,and most importanly,many a times i get a strange shock from the driver's side door. this happens after I've switched off the ignition and have exited the car, I feel a rather sharp tingle when I'm closing the door.
this doesn't happen in any other car, please tell me it isn't an earthing issue :(

on the positive front,after the second service and engine oil change,the car has freed up tremendously.
when the weather is pleasant or at night,i sometimes roll down the windows and listen to the OST of the engine. it's better than any other music.
Old 7th June 2010, 14:40   #177
BHPian

Quote:
thirdly,and most importanly,many a times i get a strange shock from the driver's side door. this happens after I've switched off the ignition and have exited the car, I feel a rather sharp tingle when I'm closing the door.
this doesn't happen in any other car, please tell me it isn't an earthing issue :(
This might be because of static. This happens a lot in the dry winter weather, when your foot rubs continuously against the synthetic mat. You actually get "charged up". And then you touch a grounded metal surface like your car door, there is a tiny current passing between you and the car body.

Static electricity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 7th June 2010, 14:46   #178
BHPian

I know about this,only it doesn't happen to me in anyother car.
thanks
Old 11th June 2010, 17:41   #179
BHPian

Things to remember on the 15000 Kms service

My beauty is awaiting the 2nd service, clocked 14992 kms. I have booked it this Sunday with KHT motors, bangalore.
Just wanted to know what all things to keep in mind/questions to be asked. Also couple of questions.

1. Should/Can i get a K&N filter or is it recommended ?
2. How is the tire interchange to be done. I rev hard and i have scrapped my front tires a bit.
3. One of my alloy got bent once and then had put a tube inside the same. I dont see that much a bent though, should i still keep it with tube or make it tubeless?
4. Have minor touch ups to be done. Should i do it there or outside?
5. I have fitted a "auto window lifter on locking" as soon as i got the car. Will it cause problems with warranty. What should i say if asked?
6. Want to fit a reverse sensor. Should it be at dealer or outside?
Dealer cost Rs.4250/- and after markets at around 2K less i guess.
7. Engine oil any brand suggestion?

Please do let know anyother things to be in mind.
Old 13th June 2010, 01:09   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjo View Post
My beauty is awaiting the 2nd service, clocked 14992 kms. I have booked it this Sunday with KHT motors, bangalore.
Just wanted to know what all things to keep in mind/questions to be asked. Also couple of questions.

1. Should/Can i get a K&N filter or is it recommended ?
2. How is the tire interchange to be done. I rev hard and i have scrapped my front tires a bit.
3. One of my alloy got bent once and then had put a tube inside the same. I dont see that much a bent though, should i still keep it with tube or make it tubeless?
4. Have minor touch ups to be done. Should i do it there or outside?
5. I have fitted a "auto window lifter on locking" as soon as i got the car. Will it cause problems with warranty. What should i say if asked?
6. Want to fit a reverse sensor. Should it be at dealer or outside?
Dealer cost Rs.4250/- and after markets at around 2K less i guess.
7. Engine oil any brand suggestion?

Please do let know anyother things to be in mind.
Sorry, I've been busy so hadn't accessed team-bhp in a few days.
1- Yes, you can. I don't know if anyone on this forum has used a k&n so can't say if it would make a difference.
2- Tyre interchange will be done by the service centre. Front goes back same side and back go front opposite sides.
Do ensure that you're NOT charged for wheel alignment, balancing, rotation.
3- It is difficult to comment without looking, please ask the service centre to take a look and decide accordingly.
4-Most service centres don't charge for minor touch ups, as long as they're genuinely minor that is.
If that is the case just ask them to attend to it.
5-I'm sure you did add a few wires so warranty could be affected however in all probability they'll not notice any such thing.
Could you please share details of this install?
6-Why spend twice the money ?
I'd get it done from a good reliable shop.
7-selenia only, it's recommended by fiat and will cost you about 675/litre.
Do ensure that you take the remaining oil from them. You can use this for a top up later.

Also ensure that all older parts are returned to you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks