Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2010, 21:22   #151
BHPian

In fact i also gave my car in yesterday for the first service, and there behavior was completely different as to how they treated you. The job engineer was very courteous and explained everything nicely and also heard my complaints patiently. One funny thing was he said they'll have to put synthetic oil as its mandatory and it might void warranty if not used. Upon having a word with there senior official the facade over the warranty was finally settled.

In the end i was pretty much satisfied with there work as everything was taken care of plus was offered a luxury of getting the car washed for free till Oct. 2010
Old 13th May 2010, 21:26   #152
BHPian

Hi Sukrit,

Please check from an independent outside mechanic.

The service advisers are under pressure to sell you stuff as their salary depends on that (fixed + variable commission on the parts sold).
Old 13th May 2010, 21:33   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound_Affects View Post
In fact i also gave my car in yesterday for the first service, and there behavior was completely different as to how they treated you. The job engineer was very courteous and explained everything nicely and also heard my complaints patiently. One funny thing was he said they'll have to put synthetic oil as its mandatory and it might void warranty if not used. Upon having a word with there senior official the facade over the warranty was finally settled.

In the end i was pretty much satisfied with there work as everything was taken care of plus was offered a luxury of getting the car washed for free till Oct. 2010

Good for you, man. A major part of my service coupled with a few strange charges just ruined it for me.
I didn't get the part about synthetic oil, AFAIK, using anything apart from the same does void warranty
Old 13th May 2010, 21:36   #154
Senior - BHPian

Hey Sukrit,
Don't risk with your brakes. I mean once the pads get really bad, a screeching metal sound can be heard from disc brakes which can spoil the disc too. This is from my experience from bike's disc brakes.

By just removing the wheel out, a mechanic can say about the condition of the brake pads by looking at the disc and brake pads.

My Alto's OE disc brake pads lasted for 34000kms.
Old 13th May 2010, 21:43   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
Good for you, man. A major part of my service coupled with a few strange charges just ruined it for me.
I didn't get the part about synthetic oil, AFAIK, using anything apart from the same does void warranty
According to the guy If i don't opt to put the SELENIA synthetic oil the warranty will get void to which there senior confirmed that nothing of that sort is required its only upon using some other oil

Last edited by Sound_Affects : 13th May 2010 at 21:44.
Old 13th May 2010, 22:10   #156
Senior - BHPian

Sukrit. Could you give us the break up of the bill. Isnt 4K a bit high for a free service!!!

Thats a REAL FIAT. You'll smile at every chance to drive the car and cry every time you need to walk into the service centre. ENJAY!!
Old 13th May 2010, 22:20   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Sukrit. Could you give us the break up of the bill. Isnt 4K a bit high for a free service!!!
Why is 4k high ? Only the service is free : not the consumables.

Oil is changed at the 15k service. Punto consumes 3.3 litres of fully synthetic oil. That alone works out to somewhere around 3k.

What Sukrit paid is in line with what other Punto owners have paid for the 15k service.

They should not have charged for wheel alignment and balancing.
Old 13th May 2010, 22:27   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post

Oil is changed at the 15k service. Punto consumes 3.3 litres of fully synthetic oil. That alone works out to somewhere around 3k.
+1.

Also Sukrit has paid 750rs extra as he did not have the service coupon with him.

Last edited by arun1100 : 13th May 2010 at 22:29.
Old 13th May 2010, 22:37   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

What Sukrit paid is in line with what other Punto owners have paid for the 15k service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
+1.

Also Sukrit has paid 750rs extra as he did not have the service coupon with him.
Oh! I thought selenia costed only around 2500 which was what i paid when i filled it in my adventure. Just realised that that was petrol oil.
Old 14th May 2010, 00:12   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolg View Post
Hi Sukrit,

Please check from an independent outside mechanic.

The service advisers are under pressure to sell you stuff as their salary depends on that (fixed + variable commission on the parts sold).
Good advise and your reasoning makes sense as well.
Thank you!
Quote:

Thats a REAL FIAT. You'll smile at every chance to drive the car and cry every time you need to walk into the service centre. ENJAY!!
I'll put up the break up tomorrow morning.
Howl more likely, although the ending was alright.

Quote:

Amogh, i'm getting a little confused now, AFAIK, isn't int 675/litre?
I didn't pay them eventually because I asked them not to do it.
Of course, since it's not supposed to be chargeable,i'm going to scream at him and tell him "i'm a team-bhpian, can't fool me"

Quote:
+1.

My total came to 5k+ because of the 750 extra, will get that refunded tomorrow

Quote:
Oh! I thought selenia costed only around 2500 which was what i paid when i filled it in my adventure. Just realised that that was petrol oil.
Good ol' petrol!
Old 14th May 2010, 00:17   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Sukrit,
Don't risk with your brakes. I mean once the pads get really bad, a screeching metal sound can be heard from disc brakes which can spoil the disc too. This is from my experience from bike's disc brakes.

By just removing the wheel out, a mechanic can say about the condition of the brake pads by looking at the disc and brake pads.

My Alto's OE disc brake pads lasted for 34000kms.
Thank you Arun!
I don't quite know how to proceed now specially since you're saying it can spoil the disc and would like you guys, specially punto owners to guide me along.
I don't quite see how this can happen, braking is fantastic + I use quite a bit of engine braking so I find this premature wearing rather uncalled for.
Could it be a quality issue ?

My baleno's pads lasted 40k +, swifts still going strong at 22k.

No definite signs of break wear ?
Old 14th May 2010, 09:29   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Arun!
I don't quite know how to proceed now specially since you're saying it can spoil the disc and would like you guys, specially punto owners to guide me along.
I don't quite see how this can happen, braking is fantastic + I use quite a bit of engine braking so I find this premature wearing rather uncalled for.
Could it be a quality issue ?

My baleno's pads lasted 40k +, swifts still going strong at 22k.

No definite signs of break wear ?
I think its better you get it checked from some other mechanic also. If the brakes are really good and can go longer then drop a feedback at FIAT-India website for the service Center.
Old 14th May 2010, 10:34   #163
BHPian

Quote:

Amogh, i'm getting a little confused now, AFAIK, isn't int 675/litre?
I didn't pay them eventually because I asked them not to do it.
Of course, since it's not supposed to be chargeable,i'm going to scream at him and tell him "i'm a team-bhpian, can't fool me"
Did they use Selenia ? Then it is around 675 per litre. I did not read the complete post But if it is Mobil 1 it around Rs. 1000 per liter.

You paid somewhere around 2.2k for the oil. The following parts in your car were changed as part of the routine service (all prices approx)

Oil Filter ~ 300
AC Pollen Filter ~ 250
Fuel Filter ~ 800
Air Filter ~ 250

This works to somewhere around Rs.1600

Add 2200 oil charges the total works out to Rs.3800

Now you paid Rs.750 for wheel alignment + balancing (which is FREE) and you paid Rs.750 extra because you did not have the coupon. That is why your bill crossed 5k

It should have been just above or less than 4k

Hope this clarifies

Amogh
Old 14th May 2010, 21:54   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Did they use Selenia ? Then it is around 675 per litre. I did not read the complete post But if it is Mobil 1 it around Rs. 1000 per liter.

You paid somewhere around 2.2k for the oil. The following parts in your car were changed as part of the routine service (all prices approx)

Oil Filter ~ 300
AC Pollen Filter ~ 250
Fuel Filter ~ 800
Air Filter ~ 250

Now you paid Rs.750 for wheel alignment + balancing (which is FREE) and you paid Rs.750 extra because you did not have the coupon. That is why your bill crossed 5k

Hope this clarifies

Amogh
@Amogh: Here at Rama Motors, we are asked to buy 4 lts of engine oil since they refuse to sell loose. Of course, we get to keep the rest. So that makes it 2600/- for engine oil (@ 650/- per ltr). May be now its 675/, so add another 100 bucks. The fuel filter cost me approx 930/- bucks and I myself checked the MRP on the box. Wonder how come it is priced higher than some of the other cities. The rest of the charges are pretty much the same with air filter, AC pollen filter and oil filter taking the total service cost to about 4200-4300 bucks.

@Sukrit: I did not have to pay for wheel alignment at Rama when I went for my car's second service in March. The service advisor did put up charges against it while preparing the job card but I got it knocked off by talking to the manager. I plan to be there tomorrow for some minor body work. Wanna meet up?
Old 14th May 2010, 22:22   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arishi1 View Post
I think its better you get it checked from some other mechanic also. If the brakes are really good and can go longer then drop a feedback at FIAT-India website for the service Center.
Will do so tomorrow. Tried braking hard today, car held its line and stopped immediately,hate Rama for putting me in this confused state of mind.

Quote:

Oil Filter ~ 300
AC Pollen Filter ~ 250
Fuel Filter ~ 800
Air Filter ~ 250

Hope this clarifies

Amogh
Ya, they used Selenia(or so it seems). Attaching bill below. Somethings don't look alright, Please help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
@Amogh: Here at Rama Motors, we are asked to buy 4 lts of engine oil since they refuse to sell loose. Of course, we get to keep the rest. So that makes it 2600/- for engine oil (@ 650/- per ltr). May be now its 675/, so add another 100 bucks. The fuel filter cost me approx 930/- bucks and I myself checked the MRP on the box. Wonder how come it is priced higher than some of the other cities. The rest of the charges are pretty much the same with air filter, AC pollen filter and oil filter taking the total service cost to about 4200-4300 bucks.

@Sukrit: I did not have to pay for wheel alignment at Rama when I went for my car's second service in March. The service advisor did put up charges against it while preparing the job card but I got it knocked off by talking to the manager. I plan to be there tomorrow for some minor body work. Wanna meet up?
Hi NK, It's not supposed to be charged anyway, there's no way it can be termed a consumable.
i'm attaching the bill below, something doesn't sound right here.
Sure,what time will you be reaching tomorrow ?

Oil filter DSL- Rs 302.22
Air filter element DSL- Rs 224.89
Fuel filter DSL-Rs 826.67
Engine oil DSL synthetic(no mention of name)- Rs 2311.11 No extra oil returned. How much does the punto take in ?
Wiremesh filter- Rs 37 What is this ?
"Pad for brake pedal- renew(Brake pedal clean)- Rs 200.00 Is this supposed to be charged for? Is this even required ?
Service tax- Rs 20
Final Labour invoice amount- Rs 220 and now, what is this ?
Total- Rs 4386.

Now, unless i've gone mad, this doesn't add upto 4386
Please help me with these issues
1- Bill amount
2- Engine oil not returned(if in excess)
3-Brake cleaning cost ?

Last edited by sukrit7 : 14th May 2010 at 22:23.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks