Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2009, 13:27   #106
BHPian

thanks aqualeo2040.
Shall try a highway run soon, will keep you updated

I have a htc diamond but the system doesn't copy my phonebook, nor have I figured out how to play songs via Bluetooth. Can someone guide me on this please.

Last edited by sukrit7 : 13th July 2009 at 13:35.
Old 13th July 2009, 15:30   #107
BHPian

According the manual there are some phones where-in you need to "push" the contacts to the car. The Blue&me cannot "pull" the contacts.

Try sending the contacts from the phone and let us know the results.
I was considering to buy HTC touch Diamond-2. Hope your phone works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
I have a htc diamond but the system doesn't copy my phonebook, nor have I figured out how to play songs via Bluetooth. Can someone guide me on this please.
Old 13th July 2009, 15:31   #108
Senior - BHPian

sukrit, congrats on your itilian beauty, looks cool.have a safe ride and post more pics please.
Old 13th July 2009, 15:46   #109
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Sukrit... enjoy the italian beauty!
Old 13th July 2009, 17:31   #110
BHPian

Use the windows button on the left hand side of the steering wheel. Browse through the voice commands and copy the phone book to the car. It should work.
Old 13th July 2009, 17:32   #111
BHPian

Thanks guys, shall post more pictures as soon as I find a decent location.
As per our discussion nk it doesn't copy; I'm going to write to fiat about this.
Someone please help me edit the title; have done everything.

Last edited by sukrit7 : 13th July 2009 at 17:35.
Old 13th July 2009, 23:41   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
According the manual there are some phones where-in you need to "push" the contacts to the car. The Blue&me cannot "pull" the contacts.

Try sending the contacts from the phone and let us know the results.
I was considering to buy HTC touch Diamond-2. Hope your phone works!
The htc diamond does support pull contact, did try beaming(pull) but that doesn't work either; there's no error, just 'phonebook empty'.
Can't get message reader to work either, nor does it allow me to play songs. Wil have to write to fiat.
Umm, what do I do about the title, it's getting slightly frustrating(no offense please)
Old 13th July 2009, 23:54   #113
BHPian

I doubt if Fiat people will be able to solve it.
Checkout if you find answer here:
Blue and Me - The FIAT Forum
Old 14th July 2009, 00:59   #114
BHPian

Nah, nothing yet; the phone is supported by the blue and me software but just doesn't copy.
Old 14th July 2009, 01:54   #115
BHPian

The fiat connection

Just returned home after wishing a dear friend; The roads were empty so I allowed myself a little more free revving, turbo's really quite addictive and once engaged the car springs into action. I cornered quite hard but the car never seems to let go, it's always composed and begs for more.

There is a bit of body roll but it doesn't cause much hindrance, in the punto you never feel out of control.

Well anyway while at this I passed a linea, the owner and I smiled at each other and then continued on our respective ways. I was wondering why this happens, and still have no answer. Goodnight all

Edit-200kms up and no issues yet, apart from blue and me.
number plates, floor mats tomorrow.

Last edited by sukrit7 : 14th July 2009 at 01:55.
Old 16th July 2009, 00:06   #116
BHPian

As the kms clock on the car seems to become better, gearshifts smoother now and the engine seems more rev friendly.
Neighbor reversed into punto yesterday leaving a mark, not apologizing and rushing home;felt like taking a truck to his car.
Shall get it fixed tomorrow along with the number plates and then pictures, I promise.

On a more positive note I seem to be one of the lucky ones who's had no problems with the car, no rattles, no vibrations, everything's butter smooth.
Fiat also called today and said they'd send someone over to my place to check why blue and me is giving trouble. Wonderful gesture

On the negative side- Rear view visibility is terrible, I've never had such a bad time reversing; how effective are parking sensors ?

Question
1- Aux port ?
2- Does rear wiper make some noise when operating ?
Old 16th July 2009, 13:57   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
I have a htc diamond but the system doesn't copy my phonebook
When you paired your phone the first time, did Blue&Me ask you if you would like to copy the phonebook? I have a Nokia E66 and the entire process was very smooth and fast. Phonebook was copied instantly. Why don't you try and copy phonebook contents of a different phone and see if it works.

Quote:
Does rear wiper make some noise when operating ?
No.

Quote:
On a more positive note I seem to be one of the lucky ones who's had no problems with the car, no rattles, no vibrations, everything's butter smooth.
Why lucky? I haven't heard of anyone having any issues with the Punto.

Did you get the manual?
Old 17th July 2009, 00:10   #118
BHPian

Hi amit
Yes it did ask and even said copying phonebook, eventually displayed phonebook empty.
There's a thread on issues with the punto and people always seem to complain about tata's a.s.s, In my case they've been pretty good; yes got the manual as well as my number today.

Took her upto a 100kmph today and does she feel stable, didn't take as long as people say(18sec or whatever), must do a speed run someday; Cabin noise at those speeds is quite high though, music to the ears of an enthuisiast but may not go well with the aam janta
Old 21st August 2009, 23:26   #119
BHPian

I apologize for my disappearence. Work had been taking its toll and I felt guilty not having taken any pictures.
It's a bit more than a month now, 2900kms and a trip to Shimla.

Pros
-VFM, excellent features
-light clutch, reassuring brakes and smooth linear acceleration.
-Amazing handling and ride comfort. No comparison.
-Balanced and confidence inspiring steering wheel.
-Ability to cruise at higher gears.
-Good boot space
-LOOKS

Cons
-Short 1st gear
-Turbo kick not very prominent
-Visibility, not the best.
-interiors, not upto the mark in certain areas.
-Cupholders, which bottles fiat ?
Overall the punto's a well engineered and well thought out vehicle, in most areas that is.
Sensibly fiat has provided just enough for the common man, they've got the gear ratios almost correct making the car a boon to drive in the city and also providing excellent city mileage.
The car excels in the looks department and provides very high end features albeit a few I mind missing are
-Sunglass holder
-Rear cabin light
-Dash compartment light
-Armrest

Almost 3k km later I feel i'm in a position to be able to judge the performance of the car. Frankly it's just about adequate, nothing to be really excited by. This is noticed once you hit the highways. Overtaking is ok but certainly not as breezy as in the swift. Simply put, I had t downshift pretty often, hence compromising on mileage; The fifth gear touches 2.5k rpm at 100 and becomes noisy at exceeding speeds. A 6th gear would have done wonders to this car.
Handling and ride comfort I can go on and on about. Just incomparable, swallows everything without hesitancy. Steering is point and shoot types, even better at higher speeds. It is this that makes you feel the lack of power at times.
Car looks great and receives complements from everyone, exclusivity remains still thought it's a bit worrying, don't really see 2 many puntos.

Problems
- Front seats creaking
- Front left power window loses alignment.
-No random, shuffle available on cd mode, right ?

I'll stop for now, next update after servicing.

Last edited by sukrit7 : 21st August 2009 at 23:27.
Old 22nd August 2009, 00:00   #120
BHPian

pictures...finally; long overdue
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto Multijet 1.3. EDIT: Sold @ 133,000 km-100_1017.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto Multijet 1.3. EDIT: Sold @ 133,000 km-100_1018.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto Multijet 1.3. EDIT: Sold @ 133,000 km-100_1014.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto Multijet 1.3. EDIT: Sold @ 133,000 km-100_1114m.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks