Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2011, 13:05   #226
Senior - BHPian

re: Fiat Grande Punto Multijet 1.3 *UPDATE* 40K Completed

Have you gone to Rama Motors before also an had similar level of bad service?
If yes then you should have avoided them.

Its a bad thing but in India we not only have to find a service station but also a "Good Service" station among the list of the networks.

Your Punto deserves something better than a Rama motors.
Concorde is not there? I had good experience with them till now.
Old 22nd March 2011, 13:37   #227
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Sukrit ,

Pls check with elegant motors in patpargaanj . I have heard some good review about them on other forum. workshop is not that hi tech but people are courteous and knowledgeable about FIAT's . Contact person is Mr OP sharma .

best of luck
Old 22nd March 2011, 18:28   #228
BHPian

Yes. I've been there before and regretted it. Had to get my car serviced immediately and so rushed in. It is a decision I regret.

Thanks,Sushil Kumar. I've been reading reviews and elegant motors seems to be brilliant. In a month or two, i'll need to get by disc brakes changed and my windshield replaced. I will try elegant.
Old 22nd March 2011, 18:38   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
Yes. I've been there before and regretted it. Had to get my car serviced immediately and so rushed in. It is a decision I regret.

Thanks,Sushil Kumar. I've been reading reviews and elegant motors seems to be brilliant. In a month or two, i'll need to get by disc brakes changed and my windshield replaced. I will try elegant.
Elegent has some issues with the newer fiats but they are perfect for 178 family of fiats (palio, siena adventure etc). You can try, OK, but before that get in touch with oberoi cars, noida, which is next to rohan motors. They have a state of the art workshop and high tech equipment. Heard about good feedback so far and parts should be available. The manager is a retired army person.
Old 22nd March 2011, 22:13   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Elegent has some issues with the newer fiats but they are perfect for 178 family of fiats (palio, siena adventure etc). You can try, OK, but before that get in touch with oberoi cars, noida, which is next to rohan motors. They have a state of the art workshop and high tech equipment. Heard about good feedback so far and parts should be available. The manager is a retired army person.
Thanks, Sid.
I will take your advise since you're well versed with such things. Shall visit them soon.
Old 22nd March 2011, 23:14   #231
BHPian

Re: 30,000 kms up. Horrid service experience

Quote:
I'm logging in a posting after ages. The punto's covered 30,000 kms and I gave her in for the scheduled service on Friday. It took a couple of calls to get the appointment but finally, I was there at 11AM.

Anyway, i'm now on the look out for a different service centre. I need to get a cracked windscreen replaced and some time later, my brakes will need a change. Please recommend.

Thanks.
Ot- Otherwise, car is behaving wonderfully.
This is indeed very sad, Sukrit. I have always felt that leaving the A** in the hands of a company that services more taxis than private vehicles was a fundamental mistake. People who buy FIATs like us love their cars and want exemplary care taken of them. I hope you find a good service centre in the future.
Old 25th May 2011, 22:27   #232
BHPian

Just a quick update.
Got brake pads changed at 32k from Elegant Motors, Papadganj. Had to send driver as I was busy with exams. Job levels are satisfactory and my driver reported the workshop to be miles ahead of RAMA. Thankgod

I have a broken windscreen which I now need to get replaced and I've also dropped the key into a gutter. The cost for replacement is around 6k so keep that key very very carefully. Fortunately, my insurance covers 'keys lost' and so I won't be paying for the same.

I've filed a claim with TATA AIG. Will be sending the car to Elegant for the same, I've been in touch with Mr. Sharma(contact person, elegant) and he seems wonderful and very very helpful. I think I've finally located a good FIAT workshop. He was sweet enough to email the claim forms to me. I was very touched. You rarely meet people who go out of their way to help you these days. Recommended to everyone who owns a FIAT.

I do have one problem though. My car swerves to the left and it seems to be more than a wheel alignment problem. What do I need to get checked ?

Apart from this, car is aging well and gracefully. Current ODO reading is 34k and average hovers around 16.
Old 25th May 2011, 22:39   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Just a quick update.
Got brake pads changed at 32k from Elegant Motors, Papadganj. Had to send driver as I was busy with exams. Job levels are satisfactory and my driver reported the workshop to be miles ahead of RAMA. Thankgod

I have a broken windscreen which I now need to get replaced and I've also dropped the key into a gutter. The cost for replacement is around 6k so keep that key very very carefully. Fortunately, my insurance covers 'keys lost' and so I won't be paying for the same.

I've filed a claim with TATA AIG. Will be sending the car to Elegant for the same, I've been in touch with Mr. Sharma(contact person, elegant) and he seems wonderful and very very helpful. I think I've finally located a good FIAT workshop. He was sweet enough to email the claim forms to me. I was very touched. You rarely meet people who go out of their way to help you these days. Recommended to everyone who owns a FIAT.

I do have one problem though. My car swerves to the left and it seems to be more than a wheel alignment problem. What do I need to get checked ?

Apart from this, car is aging well and gracefully. Current ODO reading is 34k and average hovers around 16.
"Fiat Grande Punto Multijet 1.3 EDIT : 30,000 kms up. Horrid service"

so i think its now time to change the thread title
Old 25th May 2011, 23:06   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just a quick update.
Got brake pads changed at 32k from Elegant Motors, Papadganj. Had to send driver as I was busy with exams.
good to know that you finally found a good service center.by any chance do you still have the old brake pads with you ,if yes please post some pictures of the same.
Old 26th May 2011, 01:09   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan
"Fiat Grande Punto Multijet 1.3 EDIT : 30,000 kms up. Horrid service"

so i think its now time to change the thread title

Yes,I will change it once I'm done with all the issues reported above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001
good to know that you finally found a good service center.by any chance do you still have the old brake pads with you ,if yes please post some pictures of the same.
I probably don't. I remember my driver saying something about throwing them away. I'll ask him tomorrow. If I can,I'll definitely put up pictures.
Ms001- I still think your brake pad wear rate is unacceptable unless you were doing some hard braking often.
Sometimes a particular batch of brake pads may not be of the best quality. I'm sure the next ones will last well for you

Note from Support: Please use the edit / multiquote option instead of posting back to back posts within 30 mins. Thanks.

Last edited by Eddy : 26th May 2011 at 01:46.
Old 30th May 2011, 11:54   #236
BHPian

A good service station

I finally took time out and visited Elegant Motors personally to get the broken windshield changed, order my replacement key and get the recurrent alignment problem fixed.

Elegant Motors is situated in Papadganj and is in my opinion, one of the most competent FIAT service centers available to NCR FIAT owners. While the center doesn't look as lavish or grand as some of the MARUTI,HONDA,TOYOTA's I've visited, they sure work as hard and keep to their commitments.

For the first time in over two years of ownership, I felt I'd brought my car to a workshop which knew what they were doing. A workshop which cared for a car i'd spent money on. It was a different experience than what I've unfortunately been accustomed to.

I was attended to within 5 minutes of reaching, a cup of tea and a glass of water promptly brought forth. This is something RAMA motors made me beg for. The TATA AIG representative arrived about 10 minutes later and till then, we'd filled in the forms and attached photocopies.
TATA AIG too are wonderful to deal with as well. The executive was sweet and polite, asked a couple of questions, took some photos and we were done. Very pleasing.

The key has been ordered and should be here soon, hopefully in a week. I saved a whopping 6k on the same as TATA AIG will be making a 100% reimbursement for the same. I always thought insurance agents were tough to deal with. This particular experience was so smooth that i've absolutely changed my mind.

I received the car the very next day with a shining new windshield which sans the sun film actually increases visibility. The car was polished and dry cleaned(i'd asked for the same) and now looks like it's come right out of the showroom.
A thumbs up to both TATA AIG and elegant. Highly recommended

Unfortunately, the alignment issue still hasn't been sorted. This is slightly worrying because the car REFUSES to hold its line. It was fine the first day and then lost its way. Can anyone shed light on this ?

Last edited by sukrit7 : 30th May 2011 at 12:03.
sukrit7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2011, 13:26   #237
BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto Multijet 1.3 EDIT: 34,000 kms covered and a good workstation fo

Good to know you were satisfied with Elegant! I've been going there ever since Rama's workshop closed down for a few days in September last year. Have been very satisfied as well.

On the alignment issue, you may want to try an external shop other than TASS and see if the problem gets resolved. You may want to get a printout of default as well as your car's settings from the alignment machine and we could compare notes on the same. I can try and find a printout from my car papers which I took long back from Rama.
Old 17th June 2011, 21:08   #238
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Fiat Grande Punto Multijet 1.3 EDIT: 34,000 kms covered and a good workstation fo

excellent sukrit that finally you are satisfied and car is back to normal self.

I am too facing this left pull issue since delivery day and plan to get the car checked soon since car is in my home town for registration etc .

kindly let me know the place where you get this sorted out. i hope you have this sorted by now as i am posting after 18 days of your post.
Old 17th June 2011, 23:25   #239
BHPian

Sorry for the previous post. I made some mistakes posting from team-bhp android app and have asked the mods to delete the post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777
Good to know you were satisfied with Elegant! I've been going there ever since Rama's workshop closed down for a few days in September last year. Have been very satisfied as well.

Yes,they are wonderful. Miles ahead of any other fiat workshop but not upto the level I've come to expect from Maruti or Mitsubishi.

On the alignment issue, you may want to try an external shop other than TASS and see if the problem gets resolved. You may want to get a printout of default as well as your car's settings from the alignment machine and we could compare notes on the same. I can try and find a printout from my car papers which I took long back from Rama.
I did but they couldn't fix it either. It just REFUSES to hold its line. I'm taking it back soon to see what it is that goes wrong.
I'd be very grateful if you could attach the printout,sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar
excellent sukrit that finally you are satisfied and car is back to normal self.

I am too facing this left pull issue since delivery day and plan to get the car checked soon since car is in my home town for registration etc .

kindly let me know the place where you get this sorted out. i hope you have this sorted by now as i am posting after 18 days of your post.
Like I posted above,it isn't fully sorted. It keeps losing alignment. I'm going to dedicate a day to the problem and get it done soon. Will update then.
BTW, I'd advise you to take this seriously and I hope It's nothing major.

Car has developed two problems.
1- noise from front shocks while taking speedbreakers,seems to be an issue related to lubrication.

2- a strange grr noise that increases with accelerator input. What could this be ? It seems to be coming from the belt.
Inputs and opinions please.

Last edited by sukrit7 : 17th June 2011 at 23:26.
Old 28th June 2011, 18:57   #240
BHPian

^^^^ My two cents:
Issue no 1: Get the suspension mounts checked (called elastic pads). Replace them (hopefully under warranty) if found faulty.
Issue no 2: There is no timing belt in the MJD's. Try and get the timing chain checked and replaced under warranty ASAP.

I'll try and find out the sheet with the alignment settings in my car's papers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks