Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2010, 03:30   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
It has now been more than 10 days since my car was given to RAMA MOTORS.
For the first time in all these months, I regret having purchased this vehicle.
FIAT-TATA has not improved, I feel convinced that I'm going to struggle through my ownership.

In the last week, I've made calls everywhere.
1- Complaint at FIAT helpline. Got a complaint number but no response even after three attempts. No one has called back.
2- Complaint at regional office, Gurgaon. Was promised a callback an solution on Monday. Nothing
3- Multiple calls to different people in Mumbai and Pune. Nothing again.
4- I even tried speaking to Mr. Mangesh who is apparently on leave. His substitute Mr. Manu promised to update me today. Nothing
5- Spares central dept, Pune. No calls returned even after promises.

This is the last FIAT I will buy. I will obviously not recommend it to anyone either. Rama Motors' behavior has been absolutely pathetic. They call me everyday to ask me to buy the 'T-jet' because I took a testdrive. Who gives a damn to an already purchased vehicle though ?

The last I heard from them, "parts would arrive after Diwali, we cannot say for certain when. You can use the car till then as we cannot provide a loaner car"
How is anyone supposed to drive a car with a barely functional gearbox ?

I need your help, should I send a legal notice to FIAT INDIA ?
I don't know how much longer it'll take and i'm stuck here suffering.
It is indeed sad to hear about your problems with the horrible A**. Makes me really fear the worst when my 2nd service will be due. Currently, I have logged 9300 km in 4 months. No problems so far, except for an idiot Mahindra Bolero pickup driver who hit me on an uphill when I was stationary in traffic with both the main and hand brakes engaged! Anyway, thanks to the tank like build not much damage. Only a broken reverse light and a slightly misaligned bumper. I read in your thread that you had also faced this reverse light problem. How did you manage to get it resolved? The A** is telling me to replace the entire bumper and I find that downright ridiculous!
Old 4th November 2010, 10:22   #212
BHPian

Non fast moving parts always take time to arrive. Not just with FIAT but almost all "new" cars. My cousin's i20 had to sit in the service center for close to 20 days due to non availability of spare parts locally with the dealer.

Reason given - New car sir, spare parts are not so freely available.

Hope things are sorted out and your car gets repaired soon.
Old 4th November 2010, 11:14   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumobom4 View Post
It is indeed sad to hear about your problems with the horrible A**. Makes me really fear the worst when my 2nd service will be due. Currently, I have logged 9300 km in 4 months. No problems so far, except for an idiot Mahindra Bolero pickup driver who hit me on an uphill when I was stationary in traffic with both the main and hand brakes engaged! Anyway, thanks to the tank like build not much damage. Only a broken reverse light and a slightly misaligned bumper. I read in your thread that you had also faced this reverse light problem. How did you manage to get it resolved? The A** is telling me to replace the entire bumper and I find that downright ridiculous!
I'm so annoyed with FIAT that a certain part of me almost doesn't want that car. It's no wonder people complain.
Reverse taillight is easy to fix. just use feviquick and glue it back. My S.A too had asked me to replace the bumper, my driver told him he'd fix it myself. I suppose it was then that they realized that they could glue it back.
It's come off once after as well, it's a simple DIY. Use glue liberally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvmanoj View Post
Non fast moving parts always take time to arrive. Not just with FIAT but almost all "new" cars. My cousin's i20 had to sit in the service center for close to 20 days due to non availability of spare parts locally with the dealer.

Reason given - New car sir, spare parts are not so freely available.

Hope things are sorted out and your car gets repaired soon.
I isn't just the fact the I don't have my car that's irritating. It's the entire attitude of FIAT INDIA combined with the fact that they can't provide a loaner car or give me a tentative date.
Old 4th November 2010, 12:31   #214
BHPian

This is indeed frustrating. To have a car and not been able to use it. I think this is a malaise with all Non-Japanese manufacturers. We have stories from Skoda, VW, GM, Ford and the list goes on...

Only the Japanese have the ability to manufacture cars which work like clockwork and ensure availability of parts at a reasonable price.

I hope your problem is resolved soon
Old 4th November 2010, 18:23   #215
BHPian

Sukrit- Chill ; is what I can say for now. The part you are waiting for is not a commonly stocked part and hence it is quite normal for any manufacturer to have a delay in procuring the part.

For your consolation- I had to wait for 2 weeks for a bonnet and side fender for my Hyundai Getz after an accident in April, and that is not a rare part. There were quite a few Hyundai cars waiting for parts apart from mine. And best of all, these parts had to arrive from Chennai as opposed to Italy in your case.

Since this problem has occured in a couple of cars in this forum and God knows how many in India, I think FIAT needs to fix it proactively.
Old 4th November 2010, 18:46   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
This is indeed frustrating. To have a car and not been able to use it. I think this is a malaise with all Non-Japanese manufacturers. We have stories from Skoda, VW, GM, Ford and the list goes on...

Only the Japanese have the ability to manufacture cars which work like clockwork and ensure availability of parts at a reasonable price.

Recently my fathers friend payed a visit to our home . While returning his zen(2004) met with an accident and got its door damaged . He took it to indus motors and even after a month the vehicle is in garage . The door is yet to arrive . Nobody is complaining as it is a maruti. Thank god that it is not a fiat . When there was a problem like this with adventure spare , I called fiat-india directly . The response was simply superb that the part reached here within a week . The actual fault may be with your dealer as these fellows don t order the part . And keep on telling that the part hasn t arrived .
Old 4th November 2010, 18:51   #217
BANNED

The reactions here are mixed.

It all depends on the rare part needed and a bit of luck. Its surely not the case just with FIAT.

My Wagon R's door pad was cracked and Maruti took three weeks to deliver a new one!

Be patient and I wish that your Fiat's issues are solved soon.
Old 4th November 2010, 19:30   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Sukrit- Chill ; is what I can say for now. The part you are waiting for is not a commonly stocked part and hence it is quite normal for any manufacturer to have a delay in procuring the part.

For your consolation- I had to wait for 2 weeks for a bonnet and side fender for my Hyundai Getz after an accident in April, and that is not a rare part. There were quite a few Hyundai cars waiting for parts apart from mine. And best of all, these parts had to arrive from Chennai as opposed to Italy in your case.

Since this problem has occured in a couple of cars in this forum and God knows how many in India, I think FIAT needs to fix it proactively.
Krish, for me this is a huge problem because of my daily commute. The other problem being that I have been provided no date at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post

I hope so too. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
Recently my fathers friend payed a visit to our home . While returning his zen(2004) met with an accident and got its door damaged . He took it to indus motors and even after a month the vehicle is in garage . The door is yet to arrive . Nobody is complaining as it is a maruti. Thank god that it is not a fiat . When there was a problem like this with adventure spare , I called fiat-india directly . The response was simply superb that the part reached here within a week . The actual fault may be with your dealer as these fellows don t order the part . And keep on telling that the part hasn t arrived .
I have mentioned earlier that I am more annoyed because of how badly I'm being treated by FIAT- INDIA. Not one of their top representatives have bothered to call me back and update me. Unlike your case, FIAT- INDIA for me is being rather unresponsive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHed View Post
The reactions here are mixed.

It all depends on the rare part needed and a bit of luck. Its surely not the case just with FIAT.

My Wagon R's door pad was cracked and Maruti took three weeks to deliver a new one!

Be patient and I wish that your Fiat's issues are solved soon.
My problem is a bigger one because I can't use the car. I drive almost 50kms a day. It's difficult
Old 4th November 2010, 20:31   #219
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

HI Sukrit

I have posted links to this thread on FIAT India and FIAT global Fan face book page. Let them earn a bit of bad reputation for doing this. May be they are basking too much in glory for being crowned second on JD power survey and thus sleeping .
Old 4th November 2010, 21:42   #220
BHPian

Had to wait a month and a half for 'bulb' on my Hyundai i20 RHS ORVM blinker.
Old 4th November 2010, 23:28   #221
BHPian

sukrit7, I really hope FIAT takes note of your plight and solves the issue soon. I had been following your previous posts and you have been praising the vehicle all along just like me until you stumbled upon the clutch issue.

I have completed 15000 kms on my Punto so far and would not want the vehicle to konk when you needed it the most. In your case, I am pretty sure that the dealer is equally at fault doing a shoddy job with the repair. Hopefully FIAT will take such dealers to task and improve customer satisfaction. FIAT screwed up big time in not responding to your calls and making false promises in your case. A single call from them to assure you that the issue will be taken care of would have definitely given you a lot of confidence which they did not do.

Have faith and this is going to end soon.
Old 5th November 2010, 00:45   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
HI Sukrit

I have posted links to this thread on FIAT India and FIAT global Fan face book page. Let them earn a bit of bad reputation for doing this. May be they are basking too much in glory for being crowned second on JD power survey and thus sleeping .
Thanku. Maybe this'll bother them and they'll take action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadbike View Post
Had to wait a month and a half for 'bulb' on my Hyundai i20 RHS ORVM blinker.
Like i've said before, waiting for parts that don't affect usage of your vehicle is still acceptable. I've waited more than a month for a mesh/grill for my baleno. I was told it would take time and it didn't matter since I could use the car.
When my HPS unit was troubling me though, Maruti always took a few days but gave me a loaner car when I needed one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
sukrit7, I really hope FIAT takes note of your plight and solves the issue soon. I had been following your previous posts and you have been praising the vehicle all along just like me until you stumbled upon the clutch issue.

I have completed 15000 kms on my Punto so far and would not want the vehicle to konk when you needed it the most. In your case, I am pretty sure that the dealer is equally at fault doing a shoddy job with the repair. Hopefully FIAT will take such dealers to task and improve customer satisfaction. FIAT screwed up big time in not responding to your calls and making false promises in your case. A single call from them to assure you that the issue will be taken care of would have definitely given you a lot of confidence which they did not do.

Have faith and this is going to end soon.
The punto is a phenomenal vehicle let down by A.S.S. Throughout my ownership i've NEVER been satisfied with the service provided. I don't complain much so I haven't documented many troubles since I believe that machines can cause problems. This time however, fiat has taken it lightly.
I don't know what FIAT will do, what I do know is that I won't be hearing from them before Monday. In all probability, i'll spend another week without my car.
Anyone tried Sanya Motors or the other service stations in NCR ?
I've read anshuman's posts so I know the one in ggn isn't great. How about Sanya or some other ?

Ps- Happy Diwali
Old 5th November 2010, 00:58   #223
BANNED

If it provides any consolation my friend who owns an esteem had to wait for more than 2 months for some part of his gearbox and this was in delhi.He even visited Maruti directly but finding no help and car lying defunct we went to Mayapuri and got the part .
The Maruti guys did call but nearly 15 days later saying it will arrive in a week.
He asked them to call once the part arrives.
They never called back .

So , even though Fiat here is caught in the wrong spot but the items your car needs are not because of poor engineering it is only because of poor service .
I stopped giving my Zen long time back as Maruti guys only do what is convenient thus making me crazy to dirty my hands myself.

Anyways after diwali you can be positive that Fiat will get the job done.
Also one of the relatives Alto had to get its discs repaired due to major warping and he had to wait for 12 days to be precise.(Reason Commonwealth Games)

So it is not sunny on this side of the fence:-( considering we drive a rattle box:-)

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 5th November 2010 at 01:00.
Old 5th November 2010, 09:36   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post

Yes. I totally agree with you.

Also, I have another example to quote which is about the Dzire of my friend in Pondicherry. His car was at Maruti service station for almost 3 months after meeting an accident and waiting for the spares to arrive. For his experience, can anyone start blaming Maruti for the poor A.S.S.?

Sukrit, I am sure that your problem will be resolved soon.
Old 22nd March 2011, 12:09   #225
BHPian

30,000 kms up. Horrid service experience

I'm logging in a posting after ages. The punto's covered 30,000 kms and I gave her in for the scheduled service on Friday. It took a couple of calls to get the appointment but finally, I was there at 11AM.

I'm going to keep this post short so let me start by telling you that my experience was horrible. Nothing short of torture. I've said this before but i'm never going to RAMA again.

First the service advisor insisted on charging me for wheel alignment, I refused to pay the amount and a battle began. Eventually, they gave in.

The car was supposed to be returned by 5PM. At 4, I got a message from RAMA saying my car was ready. I left from Ggn thinking I'd pick the car up today. At 5.30 I got a call from my SA asking me to collect the car tomorrow. I agreed even though i'd rushed back.

I called up my SA next morning and he confirmed the car was ready for delivery. I told him I needed to rush so he'd better be sure. He was.
I reached at 12 to find my car parked outside. The interiors were not clean. The boot had dust everywhere. I pointed this out.
The drive made certain things clear. One, no wheel alignment had been performed and two, my SA probably didn't know how to drive. The car veered immediately to the left. Something i'd complained about repeatedly. I asked the SA if he'd taken a test drive and he said he had not. Wheel alignment vaale ko bolata hu, he said. (i'll call the guy from the wheel alignment dept.). He took a drive and immediately said, "Sir, I'd told your SA that this car will require a couple of hours". After reaching back, a small tiff ensued between them. It was already 1.

I walked around for a bit easing my temper. When I entered the service bay I found my car on the lift, in the air making some noise. I walked close and realized the engine was on. I couldn't believe it. I asked them to lower the car and switch off the ignition. They hadn't noticed the engine was on. This was unacceptable. God knows how much fuel they waste like this. I've seen many cars just idling for long periods of time.
I decided to stay on, I had no faith in these people anymore.

Skipping to 2.30PM.
I was finally given, not offered a glass of tea since i'd asked for it three times. A bill was generated charging me for wheel alignment. I refused to pay it and an argument began. Let me make it clear here that my car still veers to the left, badly at that. I gave up because it was taking too long and I don't think they have the correct facilities. The person in-charge of wheel alignment was a nice guy though.
Finally at 3.20, I was given another bill after there printer stopped working.

A regular service at RAMA took approx. 28 hours. A pathetic experience.

I must also point out that old parts were NOT returned to me. My SA said that they don't do so and when I pointed out that they were supposed to, he said he'd put them in. He didn't. I never asked again. If they weren't returning anyone's parts then they could have put anything in my car. I was bugged anyway.
A few more things to note
1- My SA had not idea how much engine oil is used by the Punto. This is another story.
2- RAMA is ill-equipped. Even wheel bolts are tightened by hand. You can imagine what the mechanic goes through.
3- Barely anyone is in uniform so you have no idea who to talk to and who's who.

Anyway, i'm now on the look out for a different service centre. I need to get a cracked windscreen replaced and some time later, my brakes will need a change. Please recommend.

Thanks.
Ot- Otherwise, car is behaving wonderfully.

Last edited by sukrit7 : 22nd March 2011 at 12:12.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks