Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2009, 23:58   #61
BHPian

please take test drive of the i20 too before you make any decision dude.you are planning to invest 6 lacs of your hard earned money for atleast 3-4 years.just make sure that you make the right choice.
there is no problem in waiting for a few days.be patient dude.
GP is a good car but now since you are in two minds the best way to be sure is to wait.
Old 6th July 2009, 13:03   #62
Senior - BHPian

yeah best thing is to TD i20 crdi and needed again also do GP and then decide which suits your needs,bill and taste.
Old 6th July 2009, 13:28   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualeo2040 View Post
It might not outdrag a swift but it sure doesnt travel at mammoth speed and by that I can vouch that both the petrol & diesel puntos can easily out-accelerate the 1.2 i20(Caveat : and that comes from personal experience under standard TD conditions: Results may vary from person to person depending on the weight of the right foot ).

that ain't saying much dude. The punto may beat the 120 petrol, it didn't feel like that to me, but since you own one, i take your word for it. But hey, comparin a turbo diesel with a 1.2 petrol is not saying much. How about a comparo with the only diesel hyundai hatch now??
Old 6th July 2009, 14:29   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
that ain't saying much dude. The punto may beat the 120 petrol, it didn't feel like that to me, but since you own one, i take your word for it. But hey, comparin a turbo diesel with a 1.2 petrol is not saying much. How about a comparo with the only diesel hyundai hatch now??
Heyy thats why the caveat!
Well, I guess I wasnt fair enough in the comparo.My initials sure aint J Clarkson.

Anyways, since I have not driven one, I am not in a position to comment on the pocket rocket.Moreover, I guess this has already been debated over and over again. To each his own

I might not like the stability of a Hyundai, you might not like the interiors of a Fiat.Finally we all love to drive.
Old 6th July 2009, 15:07   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualeo2040 View Post
I might not like the stability of a Hyundai, you might not like the interiors of a Fiat.Finally we all love to drive.
+1.
Some will say Punto is very underpowered at 75 bhp and has poor plastics. Others will say Getz is very unsafe with no Abs or Airbags as even optional on a 110 bhp hatch and doesnt has that much of a good handling like Punto which the rocket should require.

Buying a car for commonmen is about compromise, you will never get everything for 6-7 lakhs. Punto buyers may compromise on plastic quality and just an adequate engine. Getz buyers will compromise on Safety features, handling and gizmos that the Punto offers.

To each his own, buyer has to decide what he wants to compromise.

BTW, aqualeo,
Your Punto looks hot. The place where you cliked such photos looks very interesting. Expecting more such snaps later.
Old 6th July 2009, 18:08   #66
Senior - BHPian

Indeed, buying a car is all about compromise and we can never really get everything

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 6th July 2009 at 18:10.
Old 8th July 2009, 15:32   #67
BHPian

Finally decided; it'll be the punto.
Now waiting for delivery.
Old 8th July 2009, 15:45   #68
BHPian

@sukrit,
can you shed light on why you chose punto over I20?
Old 8th July 2009, 16:13   #69
BHPian

great sukrit. u have have made a good desicion. punto is d best VFM over i20. may be the looks and interiors are good in i20 but it can never match GP in the ride comfort and handling at high speeds.
Without considering the VFM factor i think both GP and i20 are great hatchbacks
Old 8th July 2009, 17:48   #70
BHPian

@neo- Firstly the pricing, the i20 is overpriced as well as out of budget for me. The punto is a capable enough machine and i'm not buying it for racing. It's a car that'll get me 'safely' from place to place, comfortably and it's also fun to drive.
For all my speed needs I have the baleno and the swift.

I prefer the punto's looks to the i2o and love the way it handles.
Have to admit, do have a soft corner for fiats.
Old 8th July 2009, 17:58   #71
Senior - BHPian

Congrats..its the right choice.Punto is the best hatch these days in the market.
Old 8th July 2009, 23:09   #72
BHPian

Major update- Delivery on friday!
Old 8th July 2009, 23:13   #73
BANNED

Congratulations .You have made the point .
Old 8th July 2009, 23:20   #74
BHPian

Nice choice i am also confused between GP for diesel & Jazz for petrol want to sell my best car Modded Wagon R as updated in Classifieds section any one if interested do buzz me as this would help me create space for parking & buying my new car rather.

TD both of them on 16th June when a friends outlets for car accessories was being held. One thing i liked about punto is feature rich + diesel + solidity & rigidity. Next best was no redlining on rpm upto 6000rpm mark thanks to FGT doing duty on GP had the first car of kolkata red coloured bein driven nice feel and good for bad roads.

Jazz was good too but not feature rich and more of big car feeling because of the price. The ride was already modified by suspension, rims & tires for ride and handling by the owner so felt great driving i hope it has that fleshy feeling while driving on stocks also.

I20 will be overpriced in accordance to GP and better not to wait as the top end model of GP is more feature rich than I20 CRDi even if price is not the criteria.
Old 10th July 2009, 16:52   #75
BHPian

Hi everyone, had a quick dekho and the car looked great. Is currently in washing, shall head over again around 5.30 for a proper PDI before signing the papers and bringing her home.
The minimal grey looks awesome; aah, i'm in love!
See you around at night, hope everything goes smoothly

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks