Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2010, 11:53   #91
BHPian

Thanks Mohsin.. I will try the service advisor and station you mentioned if I service the car in bangalore next time.

Two slights problems have come up after this service.

1) Steering is very slightly tilted to left at straight ahead position. Highly irritating but I wouldn't want to go to a service station again for this.

2) A new rattle has started from somewhere.. again at idle/crawling speeds only. Yet to find out where it has comes from.

The seats which were stained looks all fresh and good and they have also polished the interiors. But I'll not go to them again for sure.
Old 25th February 2010, 12:17   #92
aZa
Senior - BHPian

My Getz cRDI is due for its second service too, what all should i be insisting to change here ? i got the engine oil changed in the first service too even though the service advisor was against it.
Old 25th February 2010, 14:06   #93
BHPian

As mentioned by Phoenix, insist on fuel filter change. I will have to go again at 10k kms to do this.
Old 28th February 2010, 10:25   #94
BHPian

Interior pics

As promised.. some interior pics.

Dials with lights on... its a pleasant cabin, no fancy stuff

Rocket Hatch - Dark Grey GETZ CRDI. EDIT: 1 yr, 15k kms + report.-dials-lights.jpg

Dashboard.. again simple and functional.

Rocket Hatch - Dark Grey GETZ CRDI. EDIT: 1 yr, 15k kms + report.-dash-steering.jpg

Front row. There is a lot of storage space

Rocket Hatch - Dark Grey GETZ CRDI. EDIT: 1 yr, 15k kms + report.-front-row.jpg

Storage space under the steering as well.

Rocket Hatch - Dark Grey GETZ CRDI. EDIT: 1 yr, 15k kms + report.-storage-under-steering.jpg

All in all a very comfortable and practical family car.
Attached Thumbnails
Rocket Hatch - Dark Grey GETZ CRDI. EDIT: 1 yr, 15k kms + report.-dashboard.jpg  

Old 28th February 2010, 10:34   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Thanks Mohsin.. I will try the service advisor and station you mentioned if I service the car in bangalore next time.

Two slights problems have come up after this service.

1) Steering is very slightly tilted to left at straight ahead position. Highly irritating but I wouldn't want to go to a service station again for this.
Get the alignment checked.
Old 28th February 2010, 11:09   #96
BHPian

Nikhil- I was about to write it down here, but you have mentioned it.

During a trip to melekote, the car was veering to the left. During the service, they had done tyre rotation, wheel balacing and alignment. I went back to the service station after the trip.

They swapped the front two tyres and for a time the car went straight ahead on leaving the steering. Today morning again, I found that the car now veers to the right. Seems to be uneven tyre wear on the specific tyre. This tyre was previously on rear left.

What all could be possible causes? What needs to be done now. Should a wheel alignment and balacing do the trick?
Old 28th February 2010, 11:15   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Balancing wont help much.

Seems to be a tyre issue. Could ALSO be an alignment issue.

Best thing is to solve this by trial and error!

This is why I always recommend a front to back wheel rotation. Never mix the two sides.

People underestimate the road force that a tyre develops.
Old 28th February 2010, 11:27   #98
Senior - BHPian

Put the FR tire at the back and do some trials by fitting one of the rear tires on FR side.
Old 28th February 2010, 11:46   #99
BHPian

Quote:

I quite like the dashboard of the getz with the clean and tight looks... You took these photos after the interior cleaning?

A small suggestion, get your steering & gear knob leather wrapped, it would compliment the interiors & you a nice feel handling those horse powers..

Btw you get rattling on the vehicle?, something was cropping up from the mirror last time I sat..

Btw I got all my ICE removed from the vehicle, everything.. Now my car has started to rattle at all ends, folks who removed the components have left a screw or not at each end to annoy me..

Last edited by Mr_Bean : 28th February 2010 at 11:49.
Old 28th February 2010, 11:57   #100
BHPian

Nikhil and Kpzen - Will keep this in mind when I give my vehicle tmrw again.

MrBean -: The service centre guys had done a full interior shampooing and polishing after they greased the seats.

I would like a full seat cover + steering cover job, but am hesitant to put in leather/art leather coz the temp inside cabin goes up a lot. Even with fabric seats, my back starts feeling a bit stuffy now. Bangalore is getting hot (literally).

Rattling is somewhere from the dash and somewhere from behind.Yet to isolate them and today, they vanished all of a sudden.
Old 28th February 2010, 12:20   #101
BHPian

Quote:
I would like a full seat cover + steering cover job, but am hesitant to put in leather/art leather coz the temp inside cabin goes up a lot. Even with fabric seats, my back starts feeling a bit stuffy now. Bangalore is getting hot (literally).
Are you fine the cushioning the seats are providing? If yes I am a great advocate of fabric seats, Get some big white colored towels around 6, wash it regularly & wrap it around. It gives a good feeling when you enter the car.. Art leather tend to smell & burn the *** if the vehicle is parked in open sun.
Old 1st March 2010, 00:04   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
This is why I always recommend a front to back wheel rotation. Never mix the two sides.
Just a doubt. In case this is done, the spare tyre will never be used. Isn't tyre rotation done to ensure that all tyres are used in an even manner?
Old 1st March 2010, 09:41   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Yeah, but it can also be done to ensure only 4 tyres are worn equally. Your spare will REMAIN your spare even after you get the second set of tyres.
Old 1st March 2010, 11:12   #104
BHPian

Phew.. think its done finally

Thanks Nikhil.

I went to the service station again today morning, and the mechanic started checking again. He tried various combination of the tyres and finally hit upon a good combination. Now the car seems to be pulling correctly.

I'll ,though, wait till weekend, when I'll be going on a highway drive, before the final judgement is out. Hopefully this'll be the last I see of any service station till the next service is due.

BTW, the mileage seems to be back at its normal range. Ran 350+ kms since I filled fuel after service and the needle gauge is at half mark. At this mark, I usually get 16.8-18 kmpl. Seems like the 12.8 kmpl was an anamoly or an indication of a service required.
Old 1st March 2010, 17:44   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had the same prob - steering tilted even when the car is going on a straight line. You need to take the car in for a alignment check, tell them specifically to center the steering and then align the wheels.

Quote:

Attachment 296701
Fuel level!!!

Well, dont be too alarmed by the emoticon, but yes - don't have the car run too low on fuel. I refill at 1/4 tanks. The entire fuel system is pretty sensitive in all modern CRDi engines and running too low strains the system unnecessarily (yes, they are built to stand such strains, but should we test them?!), not to mention the chances of dirty residue from the tank getting sucked in.

Quote:
BTW, the mileage seems to be back at its normal range. Ran 350+ kms since I filled fuel after service and the needle gauge is at half mark. At this mark, I usually get 16.8-18 kmpl. Seems like the 12.8 kmpl was an anamoly or an indication of a service required.
I never get more (or lesser) than 15 - 16, be it city or highway

What RPM do you up-shift/ down-shift?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks