Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2011, 20:41   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Platinum Beasta storms into my life - Fiesta 1.6 ZXi delivered

I can vouch for that.
but i had doen the opposite, i sent a "good work done" for the SA at ASC.
Now, whenever i go there, i get vip treatment from him.Must have got a certificate/raise/promotion or such.
Old 14th March 2011, 21:05   #137
BHPian

Wonder why rear shocks are going bad this fast? A bad batch of them? We just have 2 incidents here, but might be something people need to watch out for.
Old 19th March 2011, 18:45   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Wonder why rear shocks are going bad this fast? A bad batch of them? We just have 2 incidents here, but might be something people need to watch out for.
A bad batch it is.

@ ghodlur, my dealer had replaced 3 of them on the same day under warranty last month. Mine is Aug 2009 batch. I would also recommend a check-up for other owners who took delivery around the same time. My SA had also mentioned that shocks are covered under warrenty upto 30k or 35k kms (cant remember exactly)
Old 20th March 2011, 11:01   #139
Senior - BHPian

Got the suspected right rear shock absorbers replaced under warranty at the Ford Workshop yesterday. Gave the vehicle at 9.30 am and got it back at 3 pm. Same SA but this time more enthusiastic. Met the General Manager of Ford dealer who had earlier replied to my mail to Ford in regards to the warranty replacement, assured me that he is going to work on the communication issues between the SA's and manangement. I queried about the early failure of the shockobs, he was of the opinion that he can comment only after he gets a report from ford factory where they will be sending the shockobs for failure analysis.

Overall the service was smooth, no noise whatsoever from the rear in the Fiesta.

I will be resting my beast for 6 months from coming friday as I will be moving to UK.
Old 21st March 2011, 09:44   #140
Senior - BHPian

Guysm

Can someone please provide me the link to the thread which talks about points to be taken care when you leave the car when proceeding on a vacation or something. Tried hard to find, but was unsuccessful.
Old 21st March 2011, 09:56   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Here we go:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...dos-donts.html
Old 23rd March 2011, 12:24   #142
Senior - BHPian

Misfortunes continues. The rear right tyre was showing some signs of air loss when I refilled air on the last two occassion, decided to get it checked for puncture and voila the puncture was there but at the same spot as the earlier one. Had taken it to the same shop where I had got the puncture repaired the first time i.e Mayur Tyres on Ghodbunder Road just after Waghbil. This shop is an authorized dealer for Bridgestone tyres.

The shop guy told me that the puncture is unrepairable this time since it has happened at the same spot again. I accosted him saying that maybe the first time it was done shoddily hence the result. But what surprised me more when he told me that the tyre can no longer be used as tubeless, he can fit in an old tube inside and the tyre can then be used. Is this correct? Does this mean that the tubeless tyre is kaput? Its a Michelin Energy XM1+ tyre 175/65 R14 size. Would this mean that I will have to purchase a single tyre again? Experts please advise.

Would writing to Michelin India help? I read their warranty terms on website and it clearly states that in the event of puncture the warranty is void. The tyre has markings of "Made in Thailand" I thought Michelin had started manufacturing in India.

I have attached the pics of the earlier puncture on the tyre.
Attached Thumbnails
Platinum Beast - Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXi - 3 year / 32,000 kms done-photo0226.jpg  

Platinum Beast - Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXi - 3 year / 32,000 kms done-photo0227.jpg  

Platinum Beast - Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXi - 3 year / 32,000 kms done-photo0228.jpg  

Platinum Beast - Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXi - 3 year / 32,000 kms done-photo0229.jpg  

Old 23rd March 2011, 21:07   #143
Senior - BHPian

Michelin has put up a plant in India to make truck tires. Sorry to say but it seems the puncture wala has done a messed up job. The problem is that majority of the guys are still in the learning mode and it is the hapless and less informed motorist who ends up paying the price. No point in writing to the company. Take it to a good tire shop and see what they have to say. You can look up the Tyre Plus - Mark Premji thread in the directory section. besides him I have also mentioned another shop in Vasant vihar area you could try either of them.
Old 25th March 2011, 11:54   #144
Senior - BHPian

Hi Khoj,

Thanks for the reply. Will have to take to Premji's only after 6 months after I return back from my UK trip.

I mentioned about the shoddy job to the shop where they fixed the first puncture but they totally shrugged their responsibility.
Old 25th March 2011, 13:43   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv1976 View Post
A bad batch it is.

@ ghodlur, my dealer had replaced 3 of them on the same day under warranty last month. Mine is Aug 2009 batch. I would also recommend a check-up for other owners who took delivery around the same time. My SA had also mentioned that shocks are covered under warrenty upto 30k or 35k kms (cant remember exactly)
sv1976 - you mean to say that the shock absorbers are warrantied till 30 k kms irrespective of the total age of the car.

For example, I took delivery of my fiesta zxi petrol in december 2009 and it has run only 6000 kms, so if I face shock absorber problems at say 15000 kms and my car is then 4 years old , I can still claim warranty ? I have been hearing some rumbling noises from the rear of late.

regards
Old 25th March 2011, 16:50   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitrajdeep View Post
sv1976 - you mean to say that the shock absorbers are warrantied till 30 k kms irrespective of the total age of the car.
I'm not sure of this. What my SA told me was they've replaced (under warranty) shocks of some Fiestas which were less than 2 years old and had done less than 30k kms. And in my case, it was only 18 months and around 28k kms when they raplaced 3 shocks free of cost.

Suggest you check up the noise from the rear anyaways. Good to get a fresh set of shocks for free
Old 9th December 2011, 07:51   #147
Senior - BHPian

I have not been a great appreciator of the Distance To Empty indicator in my Fiesta but used to monitor the readings on regular basis, doubting its display on many occassions. Had also interacted with Ford workshop regarding this but no satisfaction.

Two days ago I refueled at the IOC petrol pump opp IIT Powai and since then the DTE display has been fluctuating quite wildly. I have observed that the readings go up and down randomly whenever the engine is started, stopped and during running. I suspect the culprit to be the fuel but till date I have been refueling at the same pump and no such erratic behaviour was observed. Should I refer to the workshop again or can I attempt some DIY techniques whereby I can find the fault. What should be done to reset the ECM, what are pros and cons? Fiestians have you faced this kind of problem?
Old 9th December 2011, 11:05   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv1976 View Post
I'm not sure of this. What my SA told me was they've replaced (under warranty) shocks of some Fiestas which were less than 2 years old and had done less than 30k kms. And in my case, it was only 18 months and around 28k kms when they raplaced 3 shocks free of cost.

Suggest you check up the noise from the rear anyaways. Good to get a fresh set of shocks for free
After not finding the time for some days , took the car to the service center for general service. reported the noise from the rear shocks and they looked into it and did some cleaning and greasing and gave me back the car.

After 2 days the noise was back and more prominent this time, so I went back. The SA replaced one of my rear shocks with a new one under warranty and he also replaced a horn that was not working properly also under warranty.

My car will be 2 years old on the 17 of december and I have done 9,619 kms so far.

@ghodlur- even I find the same kind of behavior in my DTE dispaly. The reading generally goes up or down some 10 kms every time I switch off and start again.I have been told by The SA that the reading varies with the driving style and also how much idling the engine does.

Last edited by mitrajdeep : 9th December 2011 at 11:10.
Old 9th December 2011, 11:47   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitrajdeep View Post
@ghodlur- even I find the same kind of behavior in my DTE dispaly. The reading generally goes up or down some 10 kms every time I switch off and start again.I have been told by The SA that the reading varies with the driving style and also how much idling the engine does.
In my case the DTE fluctuates more than 50-60 kms. The trend I have noticed is that when I start the engine the reading drops down (to levels where my eye pops out) and when I stop the engine the reading climbs back to more than it was pervious. This happens even if the vehicle is started/stopped without moving even an inch.
Old 9th December 2011, 12:14   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
In my case the DTE fluctuates more than 50-60 kms. The trend I have noticed is that when I start the engine the reading drops down (to levels where my eye pops out) and when I stop the engine the reading climbs back to more than it was pervious. This happens even if the vehicle is started/stopped without moving even an inch.
Could be the fuel pipes from DTE downward are emptying when you turn off the car, and when you start it, they refill.
The corresponding fluctuation 50-60 km, ie, 5-6 litres, corresponds to that volume.
could be.

Ask the ford guy if there is valve which stops the fuel lines from emptying in the fiesta, and could it malfunction?
I am getting mine serviced this sunday, I could ask them for you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks