Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2010, 13:49   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Purchased Iftex System G petrol additives for 299/- and used it today before the refueling. The bottle says use 10 ml for every 10 ltrs of petrol filled which means I had to use 40 ml for every tank full. Would like to know at what frequency should I use System G. Does the usage of System G means I can switch over to Normal petrol from the "Speed" petrol. BHPians pls comment.
'Speed' is anyway not recommended in the owners manual. Stop putting it. It clearly says use ONLY regular unleaded and add System G. Now that you have bought System G, use it for every tankful.
Old 6th May 2010, 14:33   #77
BHPian

Currently I use Systemp G every alternate tank full. Fuel used is always IOC normal unleaded petrol.

Benefits claimed as per IFTEX- fuel additives

· For a smooth drive
· Saves petrol, maintenance cost & brings down running cost
· Cleans carburettor & fuel injector
· No deposit on intake valves & combustion chamber
· Reduces harmful emissions
· Brings pollution under control (P.U.C.)
Old 6th May 2010, 14:55   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
'Speed' is anyway not recommended in the owners manual. Stop putting it. It clearly says use ONLY regular unleaded and add System G. Now that you have bought System G, use it for every tankful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Currently I use Systemp G every alternate tank full. Fuel used is always IOC normal unleaded petrol.
I was under the impression that most of the fuel sold in India these days are unleaded, gone are the days of leaded fuel. Speed brand from BP I believe is a blend of petrol with high performance additives from Chevron. Even Ford Dealer had suggested either to go for normal petrol with external additives like the System G or go for petrol with additives already blended i.e Speed/Xtra Premium etc. The choice was left to me. Also I had been a regular user of Speed for my earlier Santro and the performance was good enough. Hence had continued witH Speed for Fiesta also.
Now this is confusing. Kindly clarify guys.
Old 20th May 2010, 09:15   #79
Senior - BHPian

Second service done for Fiesta

Completed the second service yesterday at 6200+ on the odo. The cost for the service was 1035/- for replacing the engine oil, oil filter and servicing the brakes, checking battery, power steering fluids, other fluids top up etc. The anti rust treatment for under body was supposed to be inspected by Wurth rep but was later checked by the 3M guy who confirmed saying the treatment is intact and is geared for the coming monsoons.
I had reported a noise coming from the rear which was shown to the SA who later confirmed it was due to the hand brake cable which had come off from some support and was tightened. The car after the service seems still more smooth and responsive. The minor rattling is also rectified
The next service was advised at +10000kms or six months whichever is earlier.
Old 20th May 2010, 12:51   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Completed the second service yesterday at 6200+ on the odo. ...

The next service was advised at +10000kms or six months whichever is earlier.
Isnt the 2nd service at 10K/6 mths?

Mine is due around mid-june.
Old 20th May 2010, 13:17   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Isnt the 2nd service at 10K/6 mths?

Mine is due around mid-june.
It is, I had done the second service at 6 months from the date of delivery. I was referring to the next service at 16.2K kms (10K in addition to the existing 6.2K) or 6 months from today i.e in November 2010.
Old 16th June 2010, 13:41   #82
Senior - BHPian

I had got the wheel alignment, balancing and tyre rotation done last saturday and the pics are attached. This was done at Premji's Tyre plus at Thane. The overall experience at premji's was a pleasant one. The total cost was 800/-.
If you see there are couple of pics where the rust is seen on the place where the tyre sits. Is this nomal. I got it partially cleaned, will be getting it done through dealer.
Attached Thumbnails
Platinum Beast - Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXi - 3 year / 32,000 kms done-photo0120.jpg  

Platinum Beast - Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXi - 3 year / 32,000 kms done-photo0121.jpg  

Platinum Beast - Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXi - 3 year / 32,000 kms done-photo0122.jpg  

Platinum Beast - Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXi - 3 year / 32,000 kms done-photo0123.jpg  

Platinum Beast - Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXi - 3 year / 32,000 kms done-photo0124.jpg  

Platinum Beast - Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXi - 3 year / 32,000 kms done-photo0125.jpg  

Platinum Beast - Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXi - 3 year / 32,000 kms done-photo0126.jpg  

Platinum Beast - Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXi - 3 year / 32,000 kms done-photo0127.jpg  

Platinum Beast - Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXi - 3 year / 32,000 kms done-photo0128.jpg  

Old 16th June 2010, 14:01   #83
Senior - BHPian

Nice photographs!
Seems a good job done.
I think it is usual to get rusting in that place (because may be the place is not reachable enable one to clean the area regularly).
Old 16th June 2010, 14:47   #84
Senior - BHPian

Thanks nair sir.

Was planning to show it to Ford dealer for their reactions.
Old 21st June 2010, 14:30   #85
Senior - BHPian

Price list for Ford Fiesta accessories

I had spoken a few days back with the Ford Dealer in Thane regarding the Fiesta accessories price list. They have provided me for the same along with the Price list of Figo, Ikon and Endeavour. I have attached the Fiesta Accesories list here but where do I attach the other price lists. Pls let me know.
Also let me know are the prices at par with other cities.
Attached Files
File Type: xls Updated List of accessories for ford fiesta.xls (32.5 KB, 845 views)
Old 6th July 2010, 03:34   #86
Senior - BHPian

@ghodlur

2 questions for you.

Quote:
Purchased Iftex System G petrol additives for 299/- and used it today before the refueling. The bottle says use 10 ml for every 10 ltrs of petrol filled which means I had to use 40 ml for every tank full. Would like to know at what frequency should I use System G. Does the usage of System G means I can switch over to Normal petrol from the "Speed" petrol. BHPians pls comment.
1. Why are you forcing your new baby to eat adult food "system G". I could understand if you switched to a better engine oil than what the factory/service center put in your car but why all this additive and performance enhancers business?

Iftex System G is for cars with Carburettors, the last time I checked my 1996 Zen has one but what about the Fiesta, I do not think so, unless I am wrong and again I do not think so. check the link http://www.iftex.com/tips.html.

What IFTEX make for cars with fuel injectors is Clean System G. http://www.iftex.com/cleansysg.htm
However, I would not use that too in a new car.

Quote:
I had got the wheel alignment, balancing and tyre rotation done last saturday and the pics are attached. This was done at Premji's Tyre plus at Thane. The overall experience at premji's was a pleasant one. The total cost was 800/-.
If you see there are couple of pics where the rust is seen on the place where the tyre sits. Is this nomal. I got it partially cleaned, will be getting it done through dealer.
2. Could you share the contact details of Premji's tyre plus where you got your alignment checked?

Last edited by khoj : 6th July 2010 at 03:53.
Old 6th July 2010, 08:19   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj;1968607
What IFTEX make for cars with fuel injectors is [B
Clean[/b] System G. IFTEX OIL & CHEMICALS LTD.
I am using the Clean System G and this was done after recommendations by the Ford Dealer. Earlier I used to fill in Speed which I discontinued with the normal petrol with System G. One thing I can say for sure is that the engine is lot more smoother and does not require too hard revving to achieve the speeds. This has been recommended by BHPians who own Fiesta.

2. Could you share the contact details of Premji's tyre plus where you got your alignment checked? Pls see the links below
Premji.com

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...ml#post1937103

Hope this helps.
Old 7th July 2010, 08:30   #88
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Is there any way to protect the Door Inserts from getting soiled/spoiled, something like lamination or other protection esp during monsoons.
An information I wanted to know was Ford talks about a Electrically operated fuel filler door in Fiesta which is connected to central locking. Is this about the fuel lid opener lever provided below the driver's seat and is this electric. And how is this connected to central locking. Also is this feature if there present in all Fiesta variants.
Pls see the link below. It talks about a lot of features, wonder if all of them are available in Fiesta. Can Fiestians confirm.

Ford - Ford Fiesta Technology
Old 7th July 2010, 10:32   #89
BHPian

There is no fuel lid opener under the seat in my 2006 model Sxi,the fuel lid is unlocked the moment the doors are unlocked and vice versa.Do the current models have a fuel lid opener under the seat ?
Old 7th July 2010, 11:01   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post
There is no fuel lid opener under the seat in my 2006 model Sxi,the fuel lid is unlocked the moment the doors are unlocked and vice versa.Do the current models have a fuel lid opener under the seat ?
+
Yes the present models have a lid opener under the seat (not exactly under the seat).
you said in older model, the lid unlock the moment the doors are unlocked?
Does this mean that everytime you lock/unlock the door,the fuel lid also get locked and unlocked??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks