Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2012, 16:28   #166
Senior - BHPian

re: Platinum Beast - Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXi - 3 year / 32,000 kms done

Congrats on completing 2 years with your Fiesta !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Completed the 24 month/40K service of my Fiesta last week. The odo read 21302. It was done at Planet Ford in Pune on Satara road. The visit to Planet Ford was an OK experience. The car was given at 9.15 am and was collected at 6 pm, had to remind thrice for the status.
When were you @ Planet ford on Satara road? My office is on the first floor above the showroom. We could have met ! Next time surely...
Old 3rd July 2012, 07:49   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Sorry to know about this. I am not sure if fan belt is covered by warranty as it is a rubber part, but there is no harm trying.
What happens when an AC fan belt snaps? Is the car still driveable?
I did try the other day but feebly. I will give it a try again during the scheduled servicing and ask the workshop manager if that can be claimed under warranty.

I am not too sure about the driveability, will check with the workshop and revert back. In my case the belt was ruptured and was hitting the engine bay area, thereby making a huge noise. Also chances of the belt peices to ingress any other engine parts was also there. Hence thought it was better to get the car towed to the workshop rather than drive it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
When were you @ Planet ford on Satara road? My office is on the first floor above the showroom. We could have met ! Next time surely...
I was at Planet Ford in Dec 2011 (in fact the last day of Dec). If known earlier we could have surely met, I spent a good 1.5 hrs at the workshop. Yes, there's a next time always.

Last edited by mobike008 : 3rd July 2012 at 11:06. Reason: Rule 5B
Old 9th July 2012, 08:13   #168
Senior - BHPian

Completed the 30 months regular servicing for my Fiesta and the total bill came around to Rs 4K which included the regular services + WA/WB + tyre rotation. Of the 4K bill the parts costs 1.9K whereas the labour charges were 2.1K. Failed to understand how come the labour is more costlier than spares, intend to write to Ford asking them for the reason. Also got the underbody anti rust coating inspected by Wurth guys and a fresh coat of anti rust applied. The car was handed over spic and span. The smoothness of the ride back home brought a 360 Watt smile on the face.

Had reported a problem of squeaky windows switch assembly at the driver side arm rest, but reportedly even after greasing it could not be solved. The SA reported that it is being found in other Fiestas (including new) too. Can any Fiesta owners confirm the same?

I had asked the SA the cost of replacing the floor carpet as it had gone dirty beyond imagination. I was given a quote of Rs 2.5K for the carpet replacement with lamination, is this a fair price? Intend to get it done post monsoons.
Old 13th July 2012, 18:07   #169
Senior - BHPian

A new issue cropped up in my Fiesta barely 1 week after the regular servicing. The High beam indication on the console is illuminated always, started since morning. Any amount of turn indicator stalk operation does not make the indication go away. What could be the reason for the same? The turn indications work normally, its the high beam switching which is ineffective.

I have set an appointment with the workshop for tomorrow to rectify the issue as I dont want to drive with the high beam on. the SA was of the opinion to replace the high beam switch and confirmed the availability of the spare. This will be replaced under warranty. Hope the issue gets sorted out.
Old 16th July 2012, 07:44   #170
Senior - BHPian

An update.

The High beam issue has been solved by replacing the combination switch assembly. The switching between high and low beam is now relatively smoother. The Ford workshop took an hour for the replacement and no cost incurrred as this was done under warranty. The SA wasn't interested to share the reason for the combination switch to go bad, hence didnt pursue.
Old 16th July 2012, 10:41   #171
Senior - BHPian

Hi, my bro bought a Classic 1.6 Clxi a month ago. I find the front suspension very hard. The vibrations are slightly felt on the steering column too.

Is it normal in a Fiesta?
Old 16th July 2012, 10:58   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Hi, my bro bought a Classic 1.6 Clxi a month ago. I find the front suspension very hard. The vibrations are slightly felt on the steering column too.

Hi Kartik,

Not that I am aware of. In fact the suspensions of the Fiesta have tuned to be softer. Have you shown it to the Workshop, post the first servicing if the problem still persists then there might be an issue.
Old 21st August 2012, 08:24   #173
Senior - BHPian

My owning of a fantastic car called Fiesta is marred by only grouse, the ever fluctuating DTE. Although many BHPians have suggested to ignore the same and tried by me for long but simply could not ignore the daily fluctutions I see on the DTE figures. During the last workshop visit for the RTB replacment I had asked the SA to have a look the DTE issue, he suggested to clean the DTE switch (heard for the first time) below the steering compartment or else open the fuel tank and further inspect.

The DTE did stabilize post the DTE switch cleaning but now back to its notoriety. Should I go for a further inspection of the fuel tank and if so any idea of the costs to be incurred or would I be able to get it done in warranty. I was told by the SA that there are two seperate level sensors for the analog fuel meter and the DTE. Fiesta owners/experienced BHPians please advise/comment/suggest.
Old 21st August 2012, 10:58   #174
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post

What has he graduated from?
which was the earlier car?
Yes, comparatively, fiesta is a lil bit harder than almost everything else in this class(Except for the lancer, which I havent driven).
But not inordinately so.
You will get a lot of feedback from the road, which is sort of the USP here, but do get it checked if it is coming up as hard knocks and vibrations.
Old 21st August 2012, 11:13   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
You will get a lot of feedback from the road, which is sort of the USP here, but do get it checked if it is coming up as hard knocks and vibrations.
As you rightly said, it was the feedback which is missing in all other Japs and Koreans.

We visited the Ford A.S.S and requested the technical expert to drive, he felt it was normal. Then he offered a Petrol Classic for test drive. Same behavior of the suspension was observed in the new Classic.

So, it's not a issue, but the feedback which as you said is the USP of FORDs and FIATs.
Old 9th January 2013, 09:03   #176
Senior - BHPian

Had got the 6 monthly checks done for the Fiesta last weekend. It was a regular servicing with then oil change, oil + fuel filter replacement etc. The total cost was 3700/- all inclusive. So whoever thought Ford maintenance is expensive this should give some insight. Total annual cost of maintenance was 8000/- which is at par with any car brand/model and this includes WA/WB twice a year.

Had enquired about the MAP sensor which BHPians had suggested was one of the reason for the engine check light but the SA was clueless, later I was told the MAP sensor is checked only if need arises not otherwise.
Old 22nd February 2013, 10:57   #177
Senior - BHPian

Re: Platinum Beast - Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXi - 3 year / 32,000 kms done

Had a nasty brush with a truck yesterday at Manpada, Thane area right before the flyover where the traffic squeezes to a one lane immediatley after the signal. I had stopped my Fiesta momentaraily instead of nudging into spaces and there was this truck driver (fuel tanker) who brakes hard but not without uprooting my left OVRM which got shattered instantly. Above all it left a dent and few scratches on the door. Took the driver to a side to avoid traffic buildup and the guy sitting in the truck (not getting down) cheekily offers me 500/- for the damage done when asked to compensate. I waved at a traffic cop who ran towards the truck and advised me to settle for 500/-. Called up the truck owner who repeated the same offer. Neither did the truck driver nor the cops inspect the damage on my car. Frustrated with unable to do anything with the driver and with the expected cost of repair (the cost of OVRM is Rs 3500/-), I had to leave the scene with a heavy heart. Attached is the pic of the damage.

What does one do in such cases? How does one claim compensation from such drivers or their owners?

Mods: If this post needs to be a different thread, request you to move the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Platinum Beast - Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXi - 3 year / 32,000 kms done-photo0413.jpg  

Old 25th February 2013, 09:42   #178
BHPian

Ouch! That looks like a mean dash.

One feels quite helpless when something like this happens for no fault of ours.
Old 25th February 2013, 13:11   #179
Senior - BHPian

@ghodlur---very sad to hear about your plight. It is better to get the repairs done and move on with life. I guess it is good to claim insurance in this case, as even the door would need to be painted, not to mention the front quarter panel.

The other alternative is to file an FIR. A friend of mine tried to do so, and was asked to make innumerable rounds to the police station to do so. He gave up in despair and simply got the repairs carried out. It is not only the cops, but even the legal system is absolutely frustrating.
Old 25th February 2013, 13:31   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
@ghodlur---very sad to hear about your plight. It is better to get the repairs done and move on with life. I guess it is good to claim insurance in this case, as even the door would need to be painted, not to mention the front quarter panel.
No other alternative than to get the dent repaired and new OVRM installed. Add to the frsutration, Ford increased the price of the OVRM by another 500 bucks so it will now cost me Rs 4000/-.

I came across a pamphlet in the dailies about Mahindra First choice opening a Multi brand service centre very close to Ford workshop, Thane. These guys had an offer of rs 2999/- for any two panel painting. I enquired over phone and they said if the dent/scratch is small then the total cost would come around Rs3500/- which is the cost of one panel painting by Ford. Will be visiting them this weekend to check in reality.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks