Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2010, 08:19   #106
Senior - BHPian

The loss of air pressure in the rear tyre happened again on Saturday. Called up Ford's Road Side assistance for replacing the tyre with spare. Although I could have done it myself just wanted to see Ford RSA's response. I was given a complaint no and was told that a technician would come in 60 minutes which turned out to be a 120 min wait. Finally the technician arrived and replaced the tyre with spare.

Got the damaged tyre checked at nearby workshop and found that there was one pin hole in the tyre tube due to a nail. The leak was arrested with some kind of special filling and costed me Rs 100/-.

Cant decide whether I need to put this tyre back on the car or keep it as spare since I had recently in June got the tyre rotation done.
Old 19th July 2010, 14:39   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

HI,
In my previous experience, i've gone a "jugaad".
I was using OEM bridgestones in my santro, with tubes et al.
However, i went in for goodyear tubeless, but lack of moolah made me stick to my KM 80k old rims.
as you may expect,i kept losing pressure every other day(checked at every fill up).
so, my tyre guy said,"either get new rims,or alloys, or use a tube in the tyres."
well, it was a solution.
which i used , and had no further loss of pressure.
However,it sort of negates the efficacy of a tubeless tyre,yeah.(maybe the experts can comment here.)
I dont know,i just know that it saved me from getting stranded,and worked till i got the new rims.

and for fellow fiesta owners, short query.
i want a comfortable ride,with wider tyres.
should i get the S's 15" factory rims, and new rubbers?
if not,then new regular factory ford 14" rims and new rubbers?
suggested tyre specs(not brands)?
Old 19th July 2010, 15:16   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
and for fellow fiesta owners, short query.
i want a comfortable ride,with wider tyres.
should i get the S's 15" factory rims, and new rubbers?
if not,then new regular factory ford 14" rims and new rubbers?
suggested tyre specs(not brands)?
mayankk, get 185/60/R14 or 195/60/R14.

Ride quality will go for a toss on 15" wheels. If you want 15", get 195/55/R15 tires.

Raise a query here if you want more info. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...nge-query.html
Gilead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2010, 15:31   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Gilead.
Nope,dont need to raise a query.
Just wanted a top of the head tyre spec from someone more experienced.
and will be going for the factory alloys.heard that they cheaper, and plus, if ford has deemed it fit to be put on their vehicle out of their "loins",so to speak,must be good(probably just good enough)....
Old 27th October 2010, 12:50   #110
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,

My Platinum Beast is going to complete one year and its time to pamper the ride. Need suggestions. My budget is 40K. The things I have planned.
1) Good detailing - 5K
2) Plati or HRS alloys - 15K (set of 4). Should i go for spare too?
3) Wooden Facia panel (Something similar to Sxi) - From Ford 1K
4) Replace stock head lamps (Hi/Low) with phillips extreme power - 3K max
5) Reverse parking sensor -??? (6K from Ford, from outside-??)
6) Tidbits - Bumper,Door & Mirror protection kit(1.5K), Chrome clips on Door handles (300/-ea)

Anything else I can think of either from Ford or after market. Anything related to ICE which can be done in balance budget (I wanted a complete ICE setup, cant afford it right now)
Old 27th October 2010, 13:44   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Hi guys,

5) Reverse parking sensor -??? (6K from Ford, from outside-??)
My friend checked out reversing sensors from RD for his SX4 at 3-4k.
Why not a reversing camera(if youve got an enabled HU, or a monitor/camera setup from DX or some such?
mucho cheapus!
Old 17th November 2010, 14:12   #112
Senior - BHPian

3rd service completed for Fiesta

Completed the third service (paid) for my Fiesta on 13th Nov with odo reading 12285. The experience with the dealer Shreeji Ford, Thane was very frustrating. Pls check the post as below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2143396

The details of the cost break up as follows:

1) Parts cost: 1757
2) Wheel alignment/balancing: 1200
3) Labour cost: 1240
4) Service tax: 251
5) VAT: 219.

Total of Rs 4700 approx.

I was charged 904/- for engine oil, Fuel filter - 559 & oil filter - 121 in the parts cost. Is this the correct charge?

I remember reading nairrk's post regarding 3rd service costing which is exactly the half of what I was charged. The only difference though is nair sir did not get the wheel alignment/balancing done. I need to write to Ford regarding the high costs of parts/service which Ford recently claimed to be at par with other manufacturers.
Old 17th November 2010, 22:11   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The details of the cost break up as follows:

1) Parts cost: 1757
2) Wheel alignment/balancing: 1200
3) Labour cost: 1240
4) Service tax: 251
5) VAT: 219.

Total of Rs 4700 approx.

I was charged 904/- for engine oil, Fuel filter - 559 & oil filter - 121 in the parts cost. Is this the correct charge?

I remember reading nairrk's post regarding 3rd service costing which is exactly the half of what I was charged. The only difference though is nair sir did not get the wheel alignment/balancing done. I need to write to Ford regarding the high costs of parts/service which Ford recently claimed to be at par with other manufacturers.
Mr. Nair did the right thing. It has been discussed umpteen times that it is not only cheaper but better to get the wheel balancing and alignment done outside of the A.S.S.

Infact you yourself have recommended Premji's in Thane itself for the same jobs and then you still went and got the same done at the A.S.S. so how is Ford to be blamed and what good will come out of writing to them? The prices for parts posted by you are not only at par but in fact lower than what Maruti and GM charge at least for the oil filter and the engine oil. As for the alignment & balancing etc. other guys too on an average charge far North of Rs. 1000/- .
Old 18th November 2010, 08:03   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Mr. Nair did the right thing. It has been discussed umpteen times that it is not only cheaper but better to get the wheel balancing and alignment done outside of the A.S.S.

Infact you yourself have recommended Premji's in Thane itself for the same jobs and then you still went and got the same done at the A.S.S. so how is Ford to be blamed and what good will come out of writing to them?
Agreed that getting the wheel alignment/balancing from outside is cheaper but why did Ford then include the alignment/balancing check in their 3rd service check list. Now if the customer has an option to choose the checks he would like to get done from Ford then whats the use of regular maintenance schedule. I could have got the other checks/parts replaced done from outside too.

The main idea of getting the service done by Ford is for the manufacturer backed warranty, atleast the customer has a peace of mind.

Regarding recommending the job part, it was because the advisor was overlooking the check. It was advisor's mistake that he did not inform me that the alignment was out and hence needed correction & the cost is XYZ amount. In that case I would have asked him to skip it and opted to get it done outside.
Old 18th November 2010, 14:03   #115
BHPian

As per process, before proceeding with any work that can carry an additional charge (apart from regular service charges like oil/filter change etc), the a.s.s is supposed to get a confirmation/authorization. If they did'nt, that's wrong - have they given any report regarding wheel balancing/alignment?

In case they indeed have done the alignment & balancing, Sirjee, I still think ending up paying some 400-500 extra is not such a big deal. You should factor in the cost of going separately to a tyre shop, spend few hours there to get the job done...and the cost of addl fuel spent as such.

On the other costs part, let me get the invoice of mine...will post sometime later to compare the charges.
Old 18th November 2010, 14:14   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
have they given any report regarding wheel balancing/alignment?
They have given me the alignment/balancing report and the figures I see there, I am unable to understand any of it.

Quote:
In case they indeed have done the alignment & balancing, Sirjee, I still think ending up paying some 400-500 extra is not such a big deal. You should factor in the cost of going separately to a tyre shop, spend few hours there to get the job done...and the cost of addl fuel spent as such.
Consider this, if I had gone to say Premji's, Thane I could have got the WB/WA done free if I had done the car detailing from them or brought alloy wheels from them. Would have saved me some bucks atleast.
Old 18th November 2010, 14:35   #117
BHPian

Package deals do have their associated benefits. BTW, IMO, car detailing guys will have min 300% margin over and above the actual cost involved. Anywhere/Anytime you buy new tyres/alloys, at least balancing most probably is done free - nothing special here;-}

Anyways, I think we are going OT. Let us know the reply from FORD on your email.
Old 18th November 2010, 14:35   #118
Senior - BHPian

Update

Update:

Received a mail from the service manager of Shreeji Ford, Thane that a refund of Rs 400/- would be given to me which was charged for Wheel Alignment. I guess this brings the cost of WA/WB to the 800 bucks which is same as my earlier cost.

I guess the mails to Ford customer care have borne the results. Earlier in the day had recd a call from Ford Chennai customer care wanting to know whether the issue of dent rectification has been clarified.
Old 18th November 2010, 14:46   #119
BHPian

That's great. You should press hard and get the WB part also refunded in case those were carried out without authorization.
Old 19th November 2010, 07:58   #120
Senior - BHPian

I will let Ford take the WB cost since almost same amount I would have had to spend if I had to get it done from outside.

The imp thing is the dealer needs to be brought to book if he's assuming things on his own.

Will be posting my one year ownership experience soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks