Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2009, 10:16   #31
Senior - BHPian

The ford guys had the wheel balancing done by the Tyre shop where the swap for the stock tyres took place. After that I dont think Ford have done the wheel alignment at their workshop. I will definitely go after the Ford guys to resolve this issue. But this time "jor ka jhatka dheere se lage" philosophy.

@nair sir, The floor mats are rubber and 4 pieces with two in front and two in rear. However the hump in the rear carpet is exposed. Has this been taken care of in your vehicle?
Old 26th November 2009, 10:35   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The ford guys had the wheel balancing done by the Tyre shop where the swap for the stock tyres took place. After that I dont think Ford have done the wheel alignment at their workshop. I will definitely go after the Ford guys to resolve this issue. But this time "jor ka jhatka dheere se lage" philosophy.

@nair sir, The floor mats are rubber and 4 pieces with two in front and two in rear. However the hump in the rear carpet is exposed. Has this been taken care of in your vehicle?
+
see, first I have put the leather floor mat (original ford mat's in black colour). on top it I have put rubber mat's (that too from ford) to avoid the leather mat's getting dirty or wet. I am not seeing any hump after the gap is covered by these two mat's?

See this photo - this is what am talking:

Platinum Beast - Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXi - 3 year / 32,000 kms done-alloys-006-small.jpg
Old 26th November 2009, 10:50   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
see, first I have put the leather floor mat (original ford mat's in black colour). on top it I have put rubber mat's (that too from ford) to avoid the leather mat's getting dirty or wet. I am not seeing any hump after the gap is covered by these two mat's?
Nairsaab, if you are going to hide the good looking leather mats under the not so good looking rubber mats, why buy the leather mats at all?
Old 26th November 2009, 10:57   #34
Senior - BHPian

@nair sir,

I was referring to the rear floor mats where you have two individual floor mats behind the respective front seats. What about the space at the rear between the two floor mats. The hump I am referring to is due the transmission tunnel. I will try to post the pic of the same to get more clarity.
Old 26th November 2009, 11:17   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Nairsaab, if you are going to hide the good looking leather mats under the not so good looking rubber mats, why buy the leather mats at all?
+
better than the floor look, I prefer a clean car (inside cleaning is little tiresome). If you are using the leather floor mat continuously, probably it will get spoiled in 6 months time (one rain season is enough to spoil the mat with dust/mud).
Ofcourse, when there is a function at your home or any special occassion where you can remove the rubber mats and your car floor mat then look attractive (like new leather mat's) and people sitting in the car will definitely appreciate the beauty and cleanliness?
Old 26th November 2009, 11:26   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@nair sir,

I was referring to the rear floor mats where you have two individual floor mats behind the respective front seats. What about the space at the rear between the two floor mats. The hump I am referring to is due the transmission tunnel. I will try to post the pic of the same to get more clarity.
+
yes, I got it what you are trying to explain i.e centre hump in between-where you have put the two floor mat's. You want to cover all those area then better do a complete floor coverage (some member in this forum already done this job and given the photograph -hmm will have to search?) by some pu sheet or)
+
Okay just searched the threads
please see the thread of gksunil and his car photo's. you will find the complete floor covering done to his car. Hope this will assist you ?

Last edited by nairrk : 26th November 2009 at 11:42. Reason: addition
Old 26th November 2009, 11:50   #37
Senior - BHPian

@nair sir,
You got it right this time. I had enquired with the accessory dealer from where I got tyhe seat covers done. he gave me 2 options
1) To go for lamination where they cover the entire floor carpet with plastic cover costing Rs 2K.
2) To go for Biege colour mat kit which will have 2 front floor mats, 1 rear floor mat which covers the hump and dicky mat costing Rs 1150/- but ready for Rs 700/- without dicky mat. I will ahve to put the black floor mats provided by Ford above these mats.
Your advise please.
Old 26th November 2009, 12:00   #38
Senior - BHPian

@ghodlur

Item 1) it seems same as what @gksunil did (you just see his photographs). But with
this you are permanently covering the carpet?
2) This seems okay as you can remove it and clean whenever required. just go and
see how it looks and fit into your car (imo,beige colour will attract dust/mud and t
get dirty easily?)
Old 26th November 2009, 12:10   #39
Senior - BHPian

First of Congratulations for joining the Fiesta club. Its the most active group on team-bhp right now, which you will understand by looking at the number of threads running on Fiesta.

Last edited by shajufx : 26th November 2009 at 12:13.
Old 26th November 2009, 12:48   #40
Senior - BHPian

Thx @nairrk for the response. I will be talking with the dealer for the removable mats but maybe have to live with the biege colour since no other is available. Atleast the carpet is saved.
I would like to know if there is any specific max distance within which the remote key would operate say 5 mtrs or less/more.
Old 2nd December 2009, 08:32   #41
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I had the wheel alignment got done by Wasan Ford. Actually it was done by a third party aligner since the wheel alignment machine in Wasan Ford was being upgraded. The alignment it seems was found OK and Wasan gave the test results which I honestly could not understand. When I again checked the vehicle on the highway I could still find the drift towards the left. I called up the alignment party and was assured there is nothing wrong with the alignment. Dunno what is missing. BHPians I need your help

Did my first refill today. For the first fill of 38 ltrs I got 527kms on the trip meter which is roughly 14 kmpl for 30% city and 70% highway driving with AC on and off. I know this is not the correct way to measure up the avg but still it gives me some indication. Odo reads 615 kms. I am not the AC guy who would always drive with AC on, but have made it a practice to switch the AC on atleast once a day for min 15 mins or more.

Some goodies are on the way. I am suppose to receive Rs 10K by this weekend from Wasan Ford for providing the RC copies of my old car of myself and the new owner. Secondly I will receiving a gift pack from Michelin dealer of Rs 2500 for purchasing 4 tyres or more. This gift pack comprises of Benetton watch,visiting card holder, Wallet & key chain holder. My luck when I saw the scheme on Michelin website, I immediately called up the dealer and asked him to give me the same which he sheepishly agreed almost instantenously which means he was aware of the scheme and didn't provide me with the details when I purchased the tyres. The gift pack scheme is valid from 01 Nov to 31 dec 09. Anybody buying the tyres pls claim the gift pack too.
Old 2nd December 2009, 09:44   #42
Senior - BHPian

Suggest you check the wheel balancing/alignment with any other indepedent shop instead of going through the ford dealer?

Goodies - Good you sharing the information here so that other members can also be aware of this.
Old 2nd December 2009, 11:17   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did my first refill today. For the first fill of 38 ltrs I got 527kms on the trip meter which is roughly 14 kmpl for 30% city and 70% highway driving with AC on and off. I know this is not the correct way to measure up the avg but still it gives me some indication. Odo reads 615 kms. I am not the AC guy who would always drive with AC on, but have made it a practice to switch the AC on atleast once a day for min 15 mins or more.
You need to subtract whatever was there in the DTE meter when you filled up the 38. Or you can do 527/42 which is 12.5.
Old 2nd December 2009, 14:38   #44
BHPian

Quote:
2) To go for Biege colour mat kit which will have 2 front floor mats, 1 rear floor mat which covers the hump and dicky mat costing Rs 1150/- but ready for Rs 700/- without dicky mat.
You should be able to get this kit in black too. I have it in my Fiesta.
Old 8th December 2009, 08:40   #45
Senior - BHPian

Having almost reached to the magical odo figure of 1000km, I would like Fiesta owners to provide me with the next course of action. I mean how do I take it from here. Can I rev her to atleast 2500/3000 rpm or still wait for the first service and then go for it. A long trip planned in 3rd week of Dec to Murud janjira? Any suggestions.
Lately I have been observing small stones getting stuck in the treads of my Michelin tyres. Is this normal coz I feel this would effect when I am braking and I may not get the correct grip? Has anyone had this problem before.
Also I have been experiencing some noises in the sound from Music system like whenever I listen to FM radio. Earlier I dismissed this saying migh be the poor audio quality of radio station but recently heard the same on a couple of ocassions with MP3 CD's also. Any remedies/suggestions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks