Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2010, 14:28   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
There, got myself subscribed to this thread now Manuuj.

I have been reading...I for one, am eager to join the T-Fort owners' gang! Just got through the process of finalizing this beauty between the Captiva & the Endy. Had a thread discussing this.

Will sure look you up for advice and pointers once we have the car.
Happy motoring.
Cheers mate
Thanks Monaro and congratulations on the the upcoming acquisition of the Fortuner.

While the Endeavour and Captiva are both good vehicles in their own right, in my humble opinion the Fortuner wins this challenge hands down!

You have certainly made the right choice here.

The only niggle that early owners like myself faced were the inadequate brakes which was addressed by Toyota Bharat quite promptly. If you have owned any Toyota before this you will be aware of the high standard of After Sales Service and Customer Satisfaction Toyota aims for.

If this is your first Toyota you will be pleasantly surprised by the quality of the vehicle, economy of maintainability and the helpful attitude of the after sales team.

Look forward to updates (with pics) on your Fortuner from you. When are you expecting it by the way?
Old 10th January 2011, 15:27   #137
BHPian

re: "White Toyota Fortuner TRD Kit..20,0000 Wonderful Kilometers"

Hi All! Sorry for the late update, I have been really busy with work and have not had a chance to visit Team Bhp much less update my own thread!

The Fortuner is doing very well and has completed over 20,000/- Kilometers now. I had it serviced at 19,575 kilometers as i had to take it out of town over the New Year.

There isn't much to report that i have not already said earlier about the performance or reliability of the Fortuner which remains top notch as usual.

The Total cost of servicing was Rs 3083/- which included the Oil, Oil Filter, Oil Pan Drain Gasket, Windshield Fluid and Labor cost. I did not have the Wheel Balancing and Alignment carried out as i was short of time. This would have added at most another Rs.600 to Rs.700 to the total Bill.

All in all i have spent under Rs. 6000/- on servicing and maintaining the car in one year and 20,000 kms.

Now for the bad news.. Some idiot stole both the Left and Right side ORVM's which was discovered by me to my horror when i woke up on 27th December

The total cost of replacing these was 29,216/- inclusive of labor and taxes. (Each wing mirror costs 14,441/- tax included) I hope to recover some of this amount by way of insurance.

Went for a 1500 kms round trip around the New Year and the Fortuner returned a healthy 12.5 kmpl on the highway and 11.0 on the hills around Simla. This was below the usual 13 to 13.5 kmpl that i get but this can be attributed to some spirited driving on my part!

Attaching some pics of the car one year down the road with some pics of the upgraded Music System and replaced Wing Mirrors that are now missing the indicators on them as i did not have the heart to shell out another 10 K for them.
Attached Thumbnails
Obelix, the Invincible Toyota Fortuner! 2,00,000 km and going strong! EDIT: Sold!-w068.jpg  

Obelix, the Invincible Toyota Fortuner! 2,00,000 km and going strong! EDIT: Sold!-w069.jpg  

Obelix, the Invincible Toyota Fortuner! 2,00,000 km and going strong! EDIT: Sold!-w070.jpg  

Obelix, the Invincible Toyota Fortuner! 2,00,000 km and going strong! EDIT: Sold!-w071.jpg  

Obelix, the Invincible Toyota Fortuner! 2,00,000 km and going strong! EDIT: Sold!-w072.jpg  

Obelix, the Invincible Toyota Fortuner! 2,00,000 km and going strong! EDIT: Sold!-w073.jpg  

Last edited by Eddy : 10th January 2011 at 15:31. Reason: use of foul language, even indirectly is not allowed.
Manuuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2011, 20:17   #138
Senior - BHPian

re: "White Toyota Fortuner TRD Kit..20,0000 Wonderful Kilometers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
The Fortuner is doing very well and has completed over 20,000/- Kilometers now

Some idiot stole both the Left and Right side ORVM's ..The total cost of replacing these was 29,216/-

@Manuuj, great to know about your Fortuner's performance ! I am truly in awe of this vehicle. Sad to know about your ORVMs, though.

I think Toyota must improvise on the ORVM design, to have them fold downwards and into the body of the car when the car is locked, so that they disappear out of sight and access of these petty thieves. The design could be made similar to fuel lid covers which close flush and aesthetically into the body in most modern cars. Hope Toyota and other top segment vehicles introduce this feature to prevent such thefts !!

Wishing you many more happy miles in your Fortuner
Old 12th January 2011, 15:13   #139
BHPian

re: "White Toyota Fortuner TRD Kit..25,000 Wonderful Kilometers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
@Manuuj,

I think Toyota must improvise on the ORVM design, to have them fold downwards and into the body of the car when the car is locked, so that they disappear out of sight and access of these petty thieves. The design could be made similar to fuel lid covers which close flush and aesthetically into the body in most modern cars. Hope Toyota and other top segment vehicles introduce this feature to prevent such thefts !!

Wishing you many more happy miles in your Fortuner
Thanks for your wishes buddy!

I agree about the design of the ORVM's needing some improvement. Not only Toyota but all car manufacturers can look into it..maybe something that detaches from the inside of the car and which can then be stored within the car when parking in an unsafe area or at night.

It was quite a bad and expensive experience to lose the ORVM's in such a way.

Still have my fingers crossed now when i get up in morning and go take at look at the car.

And guess what the cop, with a grin on his face told me.. "Go to Jama Masjid auto market. You will find some there, thats where all the stolen ones end up."

I felt like asking him that if he was so aware of the of the place where all these stolen car parts end up why he was not doing anything about it instead of advertising for them!
Old 12th January 2011, 17:13   #140
BANNED

Quote:
And guess what the cop, with a grin on his face told me.. "Go to Jama Masjid auto market. You will find some there, thats where all the stolen ones end up."
You might find your mirrors there as well though you d need to pay for them to get them back.

Unfortunately the cops are in complete sync with the thieves not just in Delhi but all over the country which is why such Chor Bazaars survive and flourish.
Old 12th January 2011, 17:30   #141
Senior - BHPian

re: "White Toyota Fortuner TRD Kit..20,000 Wonderful Kilometers"

I was surprised to see 200000 KM figure in the title, typo isnt it? Hope mod will correct it soon.

Anyway congrats!

Last edited by Latheesh : 12th January 2011 at 17:32.
Old 13th January 2011, 00:10   #142
BANNED

Hi Manuuj
congrats for the troublefree 20000kms report. It is indeed a great vehicle. BTW how much you actually paid for 10000km service. I recieved an SMS today from Nippon Toyota, cochin reminding me about the 10000km (or 1 year) service. The estimated cost 5953Rs. Does it cost that much? Confused...

My car completes one year next week but could manageto run only 4500kms

Cheers
Dilip
Old 13th January 2011, 11:22   #143
Senior - BHPian

Nice to see the enthusiasm of the owner !! This is one thread which has been updated in detail & with passion. Great going. Nice to know that the Fortuner is really "living it up" as are you !!

Cheers
Old 13th January 2011, 12:09   #144
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Now for the bad news.. Some idiot stole both the Left and Right side ORVM's which was discovered by me to my horror when i woke up on 27th December

The total cost of replacing these was 29,216/- inclusive of labor and taxes. (Each wing mirror costs 14,441/- tax included) I hope to recover some of this amount by way of insurance.
Just curious, but is the cost of the ORVMs on par with other vehicles in the same price range, or is it on the higher side? Just trying to understand.

Thanks for the regular updates on this thread, Manuuj.
Old 13th January 2011, 16:17   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I was surprised to see 200000 KM figure in the title, typo isnt it? Hope mod will correct it soon.

Anyway congrats!
Hi Latheesh, yes the 200000 Km figure is indeed a Typo! But knowing Toyota vehicles its also just a matter of time before i hit that mark too..incidentally my 2003 Qualis is a hairs breadth away from that mark!

There is a separate thread for it in the Long Term Ownership Section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
Hi Manuuj

congrats for the troublefree 20000kms report. It is indeed a great vehicle. BTW how much you actually paid for 10000km service. I recieved an SMS today from Nippon Toyota, cochin reminding me about the 10000km (or 1 year) service. The estimated cost 5953Rs. Does it cost that much? Confused...Dilip
Hi Dilip..long time since i heard from you!! I am as confused as you Dilip as my 10,000kms Service cost me Rs. 1974/- Only Oil and Oil Filter were changed..please check Post No. 103 of this thread for details.

As far as i Know the 1 year service is actually at the 20,000 kms mark (which ever is earlier). That including all Materials , Labor, Wheel Allignment and Balancing is also under Rs. 4000/- please ask your service advisor for details as to why you have been quoted so high and update us too.

Cheers buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Nice to see the enthusiasm of the owner !! This is one thread which has been updated in detail & with passion. Great going. Nice to know that the Fortuner is really "living it up" as are you !!
Cheers
Thanks for the kind words Ricky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Just curious, but is the cost of the ORVMs on par with other vehicles in the same price range, or is it on the higher side? Just trying to understand.

Thanks for the regular updates on this thread, Manuuj.
You are right Buddy..nothing justifies such a high cost for something like ORVM's..i think the duty structure may have something to do with it. To tell you the truth i would rather have manual ORVM's like the ones in my Swift as at least they would not cost so much to replace.

They are very vulnerable to theft and there is a cottage industry that is involved in stealing and replacing them. The only way to stop all this is to bring down the cost to the extent that it becomes uneconomical for them to be stolen..after all how much can some mirror and plastic really cost?!

Consider this..for the cost of replacing both wing mirrors i could have bought a decent Laptop
Old 9th March 2011, 15:19   #146
BHPian

Hi All! This is just another minor upadate on my Fortuner.

I had the 25,000 kms "checkup" which is a minor service at every 5000 kms done yesterday AT 25,436 kms.

It was quite uneventful as the car was inspected, cleaned, washed and handed over to me in about two hours.

The filters etc were also cleaned and it did make a difference in the engine note slightly as the vehicle seemed to be breathing better.

The total cost of the service was Rs. 662/- inclusive of taxes..i must say the Fortuner Cost of Mainatainance has been a revelation and quite easy on the wallet..less than 7,000/- spent since December 2009 and 25,000 kilometers run.

Apart from the below par paint quality i have no problems wuth my Fortuner.

Its a case of "No News is Good News"
Old 9th March 2011, 17:09   #147
Senior - BHPian

Re: "White Toyota Fortuner TRD Kit..25,000 Wonderful Kilometers"

7k for maintaining a 20 lac + car is simply kool , im not sure if other manufacturers can beat that .
Manu, i think those ORVMs are not matching completely with the car, anyways you have spent aorund 30k on their replacement so i thought you could have spent some more on them and got the one with indicators ( that's completely my view ).
Also i didnt understand how come those ORVMs were stolen, is it possible to open those and get away with them.
Old 9th March 2011, 17:50   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
7k for maintaining a 20 lac + car is simply kool , im not sure if other manufacturers can beat that .
Manu, i think those ORVMs are not matching completely with the car, anyways you have spent aorund 30k on their replacement so i thought you could have spent some more on them and got the one with indicators ( that's completely my view ).
Also i didnt understand how come those ORVMs were stolen, is it possible to open those and get away with them.
I agree with you there..i shall soon be getting the Indicators fitted on the wing mirrors as it does enhace the look on the Fortuner while providing additional safty at night.

The Wing Mirrors are snapped of like a chickens head wherin the actual Mirror Assembly is taken away unharmed and the plastic support that holds it to the vehicle is broken.

This plastic support peice is later recast out of inferior material and the Original ORVM is attached to it and sold in the grey market.

If i ever catch the gentleman (no swear words on T-BHP) who did this to my Fortuner the only things needing recasting will be his limbs.
Old 9th March 2011, 19:12   #149

I spent the last hour and a half reading through this thread, and must say you have a winner in your Hand. I own a Innova and second you on your trust for the Toyota's. Happy driving.
Old 10th March 2011, 10:18   #150
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Mannuj

7K in 25,000 kms is a super deal. I guess the cost is further lower as they are using only normal oil (not synthetic). Lowest for a 20L car. Even the recurring costs like filters etc are decent.

A toyota has a big advantage over the competition for maintenance costs. Their cars simply do not run up any bills in the first 5 years and sometimes even upto 7 years. It's only in cases like accidents that the bills are high expecially for a CBU units and for CKD components, like the mirror in this case.

Yep you are right no news is good news for a Car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks