Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2010, 20:10   #136
Senior - BHPian

Hi Gemi,

Sorry for using your space to put up some pictures, quite bad compared to others, but to show space.

Myself: 5'11" - HTC phone - was very comfortable behind the driver
Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-image_936.jpg

Wife: 5'4" - Lavish space
Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-image_938.jpg

This was on a test drive of the diesel done about 2 weeks back. Would have gone for it, but for a quirky turn of events!
Old 29th March 2010, 21:30   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
This was on a test drive of the diesel done about 2 weeks back. Would have gone for it, but for a quirky turn of events!
Thats sad news. From your earlier posts i was thinking we could become the "FUG"-ians for the next "PUG" meet. What happened. Anything with ford?
Old 29th March 2010, 21:43   #138
BANNED

Gemi can post a closer shop of antenna? Also how do we plug in usb to the player? Is there a usb port at rear of the player? I have heard so. Please check and confirm.

Last edited by mkerala : 29th March 2010 at 21:45.
Old 29th March 2010, 21:54   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Very cool feature, because I sometimes leave my wife in the car while I go to the ATM. Now she can be occupied while I do so.
Why not try ATM of HDFC bank, LOL? It's much faster, they claim.
Old 30th March 2010, 01:46   #140
BHPian

Hi Gemi, congrats on the new Figo, it's definitely a beauty, cheers!!!!

Which insurance did you opt for? The one the dealer offered or external? And how much did it amount to.
Also do you with which all insurance firms does Kairali Ford have a tie-up with, i mean a cashless transaction?
Old 30th March 2010, 08:36   #141
Senior - BHPian

Red looks stunning be it for Fords and Fiats.

The comparo between Fusion and Figo was nice. Sad they priced the Fusion wrongly or should we say the timing as wrong?

Your find about stereo is a cool feature IMHO.
Old 30th March 2010, 13:20   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
Gemi can post a closer shop of antenna? Also how do we plug in usb to the player? Is there a usb port at rear of the player? I have heard so. Please check and confirm.
I really dont think it has a USB. The manual says there is a USB port in the dash. But atleast on my Exi i could not find any. Also the options available are Radio,Aux-in and CD. If there was a USB slot available i think we should have seen such an option in the menu. Just my thought. Not very sure.

And about someone saying about an Aux-in to USB connector. I'm not sure something like that can work since there needs to be software to read what is on the USB while an aux-in is just a input slot AFAIK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Hi Gemi, congrats on the new Figo, it's definitely a beauty, cheers!!!!

Which insurance did you opt for? The one the dealer offered or external? And how much did it amount to. Also do you with which all insurance firms does Kairali Ford have a tie-up with, i mean a cashless transaction?
They had New India Insurance. I'm really not sure if it is a cashless facility. My amount was less since i transferred my no clam bonus from my earlier car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Red looks stunning be it for Fords and Fiats.

The comparo between Fusion and Figo was nice. Sad they priced the Fusion wrongly or should we say the timing as wrong?

Your find about stereo is a cool feature IMHO.
Thanks JK. The fusion indeed was ahead of its times. And i guess it still is. We've never really appreciated "different" cars though we all claim to be fed up with status quo.
Old 30th March 2010, 17:32   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
I really dont think it has a USB. The manual says there is a USB port in the dash. But atleast on my Exi i could not find any. Also the options available are Radio,Aux-in and CD. If there was a USB slot available i think we should have seen such an option in the menu. Just my thought. Not very sure.

And about someone saying about an Aux-in to USB connector. I'm not sure something like that can work since there needs to be software to read what is on the USB while an aux-in is just a input slot AFAIK.
Gemi, just came back from Metro Ford first Palace Road and then St. Marks (Bangalore) where I finally booked the 1.2 Titanium with a Coral Dash in Panther Black. Asked them to prefit the Fog Lamps, lets see what they do.

Regarding the USB, they have a cable separately available. many have speculated it to be a USB to Aux-In cable, but it's not it seems. Since I ordered for that as well, I asked specifically "where it needs to connect?" and "can the owner connect it directly?"

The Usual Ford response was to go and look for a person to who knows. Fortunately the chap knew and he was very clear that the ICE needs to be removed to Fix the USB cable to it. If that's the case, then it's most probably a proper USB connector which connects to some proprietary socket at the back. He also said that navigation on iPod should be possible through the cable which rules out the Aux-In input completely.

Cost of the cable: Rs 1100/-

Will have to wait and see what finally arrives.
Old 30th March 2010, 18:04   #144
Senior - BHPian

I checked my system. No USB logo on it. So i guess this is one thing people this side of the zxi variant would surely miss.:(

Thanks for the update.

And could someone help me with fitting the fog lamps. Would they have to remove the dash to fix the switch for the fog lamp. I'm not very sure if i want them to do that on my brand new car. What do you guys suggest?
Old 30th March 2010, 18:31   #145
Team-BHP Support

Hey Gemi,

Congrats on the car!

You're right about the Figo being absolute VFM. After reading your statements, i did a recheck on Ritz v/s Figo! Only thing i hate is the absence of rear power windows (My WagonR had same issue!), other than that Figo makes Ritz look like daylight robbery, even to a decade old Maruti owners like me!

Ford really has taken the game to another level! Figo TDCi Titanium seems to cost only a bit more compared to Ritz ZXi petrol!

One small suggestion from my side- I think black on the lower portion of the front bumper really improves the kinetic design looks of the Figo, in case you are looking to change anything!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 30th March 2010 at 18:36.
Old 30th March 2010, 18:36   #146
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Thats sad news. From your earlier posts i was thinking we could become the "FUG"-ians for the next "PUG" meet. What happened. Anything with ford?
I don't know whether it is sad news yet! You see while comparing the small hatchbacks, my wife saw the Manza, sat in it and we went for a test ride and then and there we decided that we would buy one immediately as we wanted to go for our long distance trips in that for this summer vacation.

Terribly impressed with the Figo, wanted to change our Marina and get it.

Now I will have to dispose the City first and then will see. My Ford sales executive even today was asking me about my decision.

For the PUG meet, let us have more models to break the 'monotony'!
Old 30th March 2010, 18:40   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
Asked them to prefit the Fog Lamps, lets see what they do.
@shubhodeepdas@g How much is the fog lamps?
Old 30th March 2010, 19:49   #148
BHPian

Quote:
I checked my system. No USB logo on it. So i guess this is one thing people this side of the zxi variant would surely miss.:(

Thanks for the update.

And could someone help me with fitting the fog lamps. Would they have to remove the dash to fix the switch for the fog lamp. I'm not very sure if i want them to do that on my brand new car. What do you guys suggest?
Do check it up with Mustang.101 to see if the EXI/ZXI have the USB option behind the ICE. The feature may not be advertised on the front panel, but it could just be inside the system. Ask Mustang.
Old 30th March 2010, 19:59   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
How much is the fog lamps?
Its Rs 4500 /- according to their list. (a set)

On the surface it looks like the same stuff that fits onto the Fusion as well, which costs a lot more. Had to replace one in the Fusion sometime back and that costed 3242.58/- (exact - single lamp) in September last year. Hoping this pricing includes the labor etc. to fit it in as well and the switch modification.
Old 30th March 2010, 20:44   #150
BHPian

Can you shoot a photo of the cable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
The Usual Ford response was to go and look for a person to who knows. Fortunately the chap knew and he was very clear that the ICE needs to be removed to Fix the USB cable to it. If that's the case, then it's most probably a proper USB connector which connects to some proprietary socket at the back. He also said that navigation on iPod should be possible through the cable which rules out the Aux-In input completely.

Cost of the cable: Rs 1100/-

Will have to wait and see what finally arrives.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks