Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2010, 19:42   #76
BHPian

Congrats fellow Figonian! The red Figo looks amazing!
Old 22nd March 2010, 19:55   #77
BHPian

Congrats, that's a nice looking car. Waiting for a full scale drive & ownership report, because this is one car in my radar.
And I must say, I prefer the red on the outside, not inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
The Figo looks like Ikon from the front and Fusion from behind. But it is not a bad looking car compared to Ritz!
The Ford Fusion was based on the Fiesta (on which the Figo is also based) and no wonder it looks like one. Not bad looking compared to Ritz? I would go on to say, it looks much better than the Ritz.
OT: I somehow feel that the front end of the European Suzuki Splash (also Opel Agila) is better than the Indian Ritz, although I'm unable to find the difference till now.

Last edited by A350XWB : 22nd March 2010 at 20:02.
Old 23rd March 2010, 08:45   #78
Senior - BHPian

850km Update

Have done around 850km on the Figo. That really is some running for me. Here goes the initial updates.

Engine: Very drivable. Good low end torque. No Turbo Lag that would disturb you in any way. The engine noise is pretty high compared to the Maruti D's or maybe even the ones on the Linea/Punto/Vista especially at idle. The diesel clatter protrudes inside the cabin but is not anything close to irritating while the car is in motion.

The engine does not seem to be rev happy. I did a few spurts ill 3K during my recent highway run. Maybe its because i am used to the FIAT 1.6 that comes alive after 3K, this one seemed to be happier at lower rpm's. 100km/hr comes at around 2.5krpm and i think thats makes it a good cruiser.

The engine is evidently becoming smoother as the miles increase. It was slightly course when i got it. Now its much better.

Had a doubt. If i depress the accelerator slightly more than required i can hear the diesel clatter of the engine while it pulls the car. If i just touch the accelerator there is a point where it just start pulling the car. At this point the engine is super smooth and quite and it pulls the car decently. Anything more on the accelerator and i hear the diesel clatter. Is this normal? (Hope i did not confuse you with my explanations)

Overall. I'd say a great engine to drive. Except for the Diesel Clatter.

Ride and handling:For a Ford. I'd say very decent Ride quality. Its Great compared to our fusion ad is better compared to the Fiesta's i've been in. You would surly know the unevenness of the roads and the potholes are audible with a thud but its not very disturbing. I'd say quite comfortable. We were not thrown around like on the Ritz/Swift that we drove. If you want a comparison maybe i would say ride comfort is comparable to an i10/i20 with better handling capabilities. Well handling has always been Fords Strength and here too they prove they are the best in this category.

High speed cornering is confident inspiring. I think cornering would be more fun on the 1.6 petrol engine. I always love a down shift at corners to get some engine braking. Did not try that yet so not sure if diesels are good for that.

But instant lane changes was not very inspiring to me. Its not body roll but somehow you get a slightly uncomfortable feeling while doing that. I really could not understand what exactly the issue was. Maybe its because i was spoilt by the Adventures suspensions. Or is it a slight under steer? I really dont know.

Overall i'd say way too comfortable and precise suspension for its size.

FE: Well i dont think this would be as big a question with diesels as in petrols. I did a tankful (45L as per manual) and the DTE indicator showed range of 600km. I have done around 420km now (70% highway) and the DTE shows a range of 320km. Considering the fact that even the first service is not done and the car has run under 1K km i think these are good figures. Will update with exact figures one i do the next tank fill.
Attached Thumbnails
Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-22.jpg  

Last edited by gemithomas : 23rd March 2010 at 08:50.
Old 23rd March 2010, 09:03   #79
Senior - BHPian

Here are some pics.

The first one is another scary one from Ford. Doesnt that oil sump seems a bit low. Or is it that i am just paranoid
Attached Thumbnails
Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-20.jpg  

Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-21.jpg  

Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-19.jpg  

Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-18.jpg  

Old 23rd March 2010, 09:37   #80
BANNED

How much did you pay for 2 year extended warranty?
Old 23rd March 2010, 10:44   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
How much did you pay for 2 year extended warranty?
Rs.7980/-. The First year is for 3990/- asked if there is not reduction when taking two years but they said no. Its just the double amount for 2 yrs. ANyways they have said they will refund if there are any changes.

AND YES GUYS! I GOT MY FIRST LUCKY SCRATCH!!!!.
An idiot KSRTC guy decided to not bother about my existence. Got a somewhat good scratch on rear right side and the bumper is just slightly torn. And guess what? I cant find any white primer under the paint as in my FIAT Adventure!!! Have they saved money on the first primer coat??? I will check it out properly and update later

Last edited by gemithomas : 23rd March 2010 at 10:48.
Old 23rd March 2010, 10:55   #82
BHPian

Congratulations on your purchase Gemi. Have fun with your car.

BTW, can't help noticing from your signature. Your 'odd' cars got sold, while you are stuck with the 'even' ones So, I guess, Figo is here to stay. Enjoy.
Old 23rd March 2010, 13:00   #83
Senior - BHPian

The First Scratch DOnt know when these transport corporation people would learn to have some respect for others ...Maybe never!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-dsc03723.jpg  

Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-dsc03724.jpg  

Old 23rd March 2010, 13:12   #84
Senior - BHPian

OMG ! that hurts badly !. I have decided not to take out my new Polo atleast for 3 months in Bangalore traffic. Only long drives till I am prepared to take some scratches.
Old 23rd March 2010, 13:13   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
The First Scratch DOnt know when these transport corporation people would learn to have some respect for others ...Maybe never!!!
Man, that is quite a scratch and I thought only Haryana and UPSRTC have got the insanest drivers.

Someone please tell them these scratches though sit on the car body, it's our HEART the keeps on feeling the pain.
Old 23rd March 2010, 13:32   #86
BHPian

Thats sad.

Does this KSRTC drivers have any specific issues on seeing a new car. KSRTC bus scratched my Palios side in the first week of delivery, back in 2002.

Quote:
Old 23rd March 2010, 13:39   #87
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for sharing the Joy

I know its a bit late but just got time now. I am trying to answer all your queries. First of all Thanks to all who sent in a word to share the happiness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshkishore View Post
As my friend is planning to pick a Figo from Karali, your feedback on the dealership is also eagerly expected.
Well i really cant say since its just been a few weeks of relationship. I knew a person there and he was very helpful. You can ask your friend to meet Mr.Rejish (he is in the sales team) and give him my reference. I'm sure he will give you a good experience. They kept their word on the delivery date and the delivery process was very smooth. However i am still waiting for my mud flaps and mats to be installed. Hope to get them this week itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
So, wider tires and rims coming up or? Some white alloys would look amazing.
Not now. I am already slightly out of budget so It'll have to wait for the tyre change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
BTW does the EXI comes with ABS and PW? and the orange dash.
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
so does that mean the adventure is sold?
hmm!! as if i had a choice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Apart from comparing with the Adventure, I want to know how it compares to the Fusion.
Much more comfortable. Much less Spacious. I guess thats the major difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
what was the odo reading when you got the car. Does the Exi have everything else mentioned according to specifications?
And finally what else did you get with the car?
The ODO was around 220km since they had driven down the car from cochin. They gave me a choice to get delivery from cochin but i did not want that. What i like is that they informed me and did not remove the ODO while transporting it. Exi has everything else as per specifications. And i got a cadbury's celebration pack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Why did you choose the Exi. Also let us know if the bottle holder exists.... .
Just because i did not want the orange dash and did not want to wait for a zxi with black dash to come (for which there was no date commitment)

Bottle holders are there on front doors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
I am interested to know if the attitude of the dealer has changed for the Figo or is it still the same as commented before on Ford's dealers..
Give us more insight on what factors affected your decision compared to the other cars in market now.
I really cant say. They were friendly. Well informed. And Eager to please. And they stood by their date of delivery. But in most cases sales is not an issue. Its only during service issues that you get to know how they really are.

Why did i choose it above other cars. I'll take that up in a separate post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post

What was the OTR? I thought you were considering the Spark or Beat seriously. What made you get the Figo? Just the diesel part?
Just the delay in delivery for the BEAT. The dealers had no clue of when i would get the car. And ford was willing to give me delivery in the first lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Is your first criteria that you put forward while buying a new car satisfied?
Well my sales experience with MAruti made me realize that its not worth the pain of driving their cars. I was ready to ignore the aspects of the car just for good customer support. But was not at all happy about how they dealt with me. They advertised one thing.Each dealer said another. And no one gave me any good info on my doubts. So i made a choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Gemi, how are the high speed handling characteristics(( above 100 ) of the car ? Do let us know when you get a chance to drive it on the highways.
I'd say GREAT! for a car of its size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Gemi, we are desperately waiting for a proper review beyond things like "fuel needle doesn't budge!"
GRANTED!! Review is on previous page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
gemi, any significant difference in pick up with and without A/C ?
Not as much as i've experienced on petrol cars. There is a negligible difference though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Figo not withstanding, there is something about the Palio Adventure that makes me go weak in the knees whenever i see it. Why FIAT why!
Same here. Why FIAT? Why?!!

Last edited by gemithomas : 23rd March 2010 at 13:44.
Old 23rd March 2010, 14:04   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Oh, that's really bad scratch..So sad to see the red hot beauty being treated like this by the KSRTC drivers. Really, there are some of this bus/truck drivers who derive some sort of sadistic pleasure in scratching new cars

I am driving on the infamous Bangalore roads for 4+ years and always keep a safe distance from BMTC buses. Most of the scratches were gifted by carrier autos or Qualis/Sumo/Indicas on the mad BPO run.

Hope you will be doing the paint work soon, waiting to see the beauty back in her true elegance !
Old 23rd March 2010, 14:07   #89
Senior - BHPian

Why I choose the Figo TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Give us more insight on what factors affected your decision compared to the other cars in market now.
The cars i checked out during this purchase and what i felt

Maruti Swift DDiS: Was never a fan of the car and i had rejected it once when i bought the adventure. However this time too i put it in my list just to see if anything was different. The driving position seemed higher than i had test drove it when it was launched. The car literally flew over the oversize manholes on the road. (Personally i did not think that was sporty. To me it was uncomfortable). The unsure waiting period too made me move away.

Maruti Ritz DDiS: Though the car shouted at me "You are a fool" when i opened the door i was willing to go for it just for the Maruti Badge. At 5.15 Lakhs OTR the car had nothing in it other than an engine and fur seats and a tin covering. I just wanted to be a normal guy and have a Maruti Badge. But the sales experience was so bad that i moved out of it after booking it. The car is more comfortable than just the Swift. Thats all i'd say. But at that prce point its a daylight robbery!!!

Chevy BEAT LT: The out of the box looks and the ARAI mileage made me look at this car and i just fell for its sheer value for money. The engine delivered enough power when pushed though sluggish at lower rpms. But the dealers could not commit on a date of delivery even after a month of booking and waiting. That made me look at the figo

The Figo looked as a good package to me. The reviews were good. The TDCi engine was proven and most parts seemed to be shared with the Fiesta/fusion. I booked one even without a test drive. My only criteria was delivery time should be minimum. And ford kept their promise on that.

Disclaimer: All opinions are personal opinion based on personal experience.
Old 23rd March 2010, 14:32   #90
BHPian

Quote:
The cars i checked out during this purchase and what i felt

Maruti Swift DDiS: Was never a fan of the car and i had rejected it once when i bought the adventure. However this time too i put it in my list just to see if anything was different. The driving position seemed higher than i had test drove it when it was launched. The car literally flew over the oversize manholes on the road. (Personally i did not think that was sporty. To me it was uncomfortable). The unsure waiting period too made me move away.

Maruti Ritz DDiS: Though the car shouted at me "You are a fool" when i opened the door i was willing to go for it just for the Maruti Badge. At 5.15 Lakhs OTR the car had nothing in it other than an engine and fur seats and a tin covering. I just wanted to be a normal guy and have a Maruti Badge. But the sales experience was so bad that i moved out of it after booking it. The car is more comfortable than just the Swift. Thats all i'd say. But at that prce point its a daylight robbery!!!

Chevy BEAT LT: The out of the box looks and the ARAI mileage made me look at this car and i just fell for its sheer value for money. The engine delivered enough power when pushed though sluggish at lower rpms. But the dealers could not commit on a date of delivery even after a month of booking and waiting. That made me look at the figo

The Figo looked as a good package to me. The reviews were good. The TDCi engine was proven and most parts seemed to be shared with the Fiesta/fusion. I booked one even without a test drive. My only criteria was delivery time should be minimum. And ford kept their promise on that.

Disclaimer: All opinions are personal opinion based on personal experience.
Looks like Punto MJD did not make it to your list.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks